Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Goodness how many churchs have they grifted at where there are women in pants, bare arms and even - gasp - tattoos.   The church does not seem to have be hit by lightning due to this "immodesty."

Jill takes the money and then makes a post about how saddened she is that "even the churches we visit, we see they are letting their standards slip away"

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

IMG_7957.jpeg

💗 TO MAMA- MY BEST FRIEND💗
    A Poem written by Renee Rodrigues in honor of my precious Mama...

As the toddler reaches for an object on the shelf, 
   Not knowing that it may bring harm or danger to herself,
   Her mother quickly scolds her as she leads the babe away, 
   And tells her not to touch the thing she wishes 'or to play.

The years pass by, the baby grows, an active child is she,
   But still she's young and unaware, what Mama's eyes can see.
   In each mistake or wilful sin and choice to disobey,
   Her mama still is standing near, to guide, correct, and pray.
   For in the heart of Mama dear abides a love so rare,
   And from that love she must correct, or else she doesn't care.
   The soul inside her daughters heart is far too great a price,
   To keep from saying something, for the sake of being "nice".
   So still she prays to Jesus, and daily reads His book,
   For with her given duty, it is to God in whom she'll look.

The child grew, a teen was she, and time was fleeting by,
   This once young, babbling toddler was learning how to fly.
   New questions that she'd never asked, new choices she would make,
   New tears of frustration, and the fear of a mistake.
   But all the while her mother, so faithful and sincere, 
   Would give a helpful word, or give a listening ear.
   No matter what the question, no matter what the doubt,
   Her mother never wavered on the things she spoke about.
   Convictions of the past were convictions of today,
   No matter what the sinful world would do, or think, or say.
   Her Mama always warned her to keep her eyes on Christ, 
   And when the battle rages on, "don't give up in the fight."
  Although temptations come along and wordly things appeal, 
   She warned about the devil who is only out to steal. 

This daughter reached adulthood, she now has flown the nest,
   The things her mother taught her are now put to the test.
   And when her faith is weak, or trials come along,
   She thinks about her Mama's words and thinks about her song.
   For no amount of pressure seems to take her Mama down,
   And when it seems she wears a frown, she turns it upside down.
   So child, just remember, through all your passing days, 
   The things your Mama taught you of Jesus and His ways.
   For when your faith is weak, and Satan lurks in stealth, 
   Just remember what your Mama said about,       
            "THE OBJECT ON THE SHELF"

Since I was a young child, Mama (and Daddy as well) trained me to do right, taught me from God's Word, and most importantly, loved me. I want to pause at the word "love". It is a word that has been twisted and misused for many years by the world. I will not expound on the misuse of it because I believe every Christian knows and understands the fault in this new meaning of "love". Basically it replaces "exeptance for sin". But I do want to thank her for never wavering on the true meaning of this profound word found all throughout the Bible. Raising 13 children has been no easy task, but she has never lost sight of Who and for what cause she was and still is raising each of her children for. 

I wouldn't be where I am at today 
 without her. 💜 I love you to my favorite star and back again, Mama! 💫💖💫💖💫   Much love, Renee

I wonder who the real author is.  I doubt she wrote this.  There are only a couple of misspellings, no random capital letters and no extra commas.  Unless she is reading it and Siri is printing it, except then there would be no spelling errors.  Does she often use words like "expound"?  I think this was copied with no attribution.

• Useful 5
18 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Jill takes the money and then makes a post about how saddened she is that "even the churches we visit, we see they are letting their standards slip away"

Not enough to not take the money I notice.   Or cross them off the grift tour.   

Money is what Jill really loves.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

Jill now wears eye trapping form fitted clothing. She also wears baseball bonnets and sweat blouses, She attends gatherings with music, alcohol and sultishly dressed women.

Is the devil stealing her morals? Or does Jill make up the rules as she goes along? Because really, if she truly believed the bullshit she spews, she'd take a long look at her worldly behaviors and attribute her recent troubles as a sign from God that she is falling prey to the devil.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

Renee says she wouldn't be where she is today without Mahmo.  Where is that?  Stuck at home raising her siblings, doing the household chores, making jewelry, and waiting on her parents hand and foot?  She seems to have no idea how abnormal her life is for someone her age.  I know Mahmo tricks the kids into thinking their lifestyle is superior to that of others but I wish she could look around and wise up. 

She also mentions leaving the nest and she knows nothing about that either.  The situation those poor kids are in makes me so sad and frustrated. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2

Two replies to Renee’s post from Jill:

I read this poem to Daddy and we cried together. 😭  You are SUCH a blessing to our hearts!  Also, I point the glory back to God.  He has been such a faithful Father to me.  I have made many mistakes, but I am thankful for God mercy through it all!  I love you!  ❤️  xoxo  Mama

Dearest Renee,   In an intense time of spiritual attack, this poem was so encouraging to me!  <3  When I went to FB and saw this, I was brought to tears.  Thank you, my darling daughter!  Also, your talent is absolutely INCREDIBLE!   God has gifted you in SO many ways and I am thankful that you so passionately use those gifts for God!  🥰  I love you, my sweet daughter, to your favorite star and back again, and I cannot wait to watch how (and already is) He is going to mightily use you for His glory!  🥰😊❤️  Mama

• Sad 1