Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

David, maybe? He was sick too that day. 

Jill would probably have described it as Dave "sweetly puking"!

• LOL 12

Prissy’s kids look clean, well-fed and dressed in clothes that fit.  Too bad JillPm’s never do.  I wish she would open her eyes and realize you can find cute kids’ clothes that are still modest.  But I guess that would limit the grifting opportunities.  We all know she’s not going to feed them…

• Like 19
  • Applause 1
(edited)

So Jill and the married couples went out for an early celebration of Nathan and Nurie’s 4th anniversary.  FFS, Jill, do the grandma thing- babysit the  kids while Nurie and Nathan have a quiet anniversary dinner by themselves.    Instead you horned in on the anniversary and left Tessie to watch several children.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 4
  • Angry 11
  • Applause 6

Anyone else find it surprising that 6 of the 8 Keller kids apparently went for a letter theme when naming their children? (I say apparently because 3 of them only have 2 kids, so maybe that's too small of a sample size to tell.) 

Esther-- no theme (14 kids); Rebeckah-- A (2 daughters); Daniel-- only has one child; Priscilla-- P for boys (3), D for girls (4); Anna-- M (7 kids); Susanna-- N (2 kids); Nathan-- N (3 kids); David-- E (2 daughters)

• Like 3
  • Useful 4

Maybe, but they'll likely be too uneducated to know what to do with it. Not sure if that's good or bad.

• Like 13
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Fosca said:

Maybe, but they'll likely be too uneducated to know what to do with it. Not sure if that's good or bad.

It's both. On one hand their too uneducated for their "plan" to inherit the world. On the other hand their too uneducated for jobs that could actually support their families or do anything useful because they don't have the education, actual skills or anything else to be a productive part of society or contribute to it.  

• Like 9
9 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

More money spent by Nathan and Jonathan when they have kids of their own to support.   Jill sure does love her once a year vacations.

And the two spineless twits keep shelling out the money.

• Like 10
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Daytona Beach screenshots from videos:

IMG_7342.jpeg

IMG_7341.jpeg

I never saw the first video. I thought the anniversary dinner was an adult event.   Did the kids go to the anniversary dinner too - or did the kids get picked up for Daytona Beach afterwards? 

Either way, I still hold the same opinion I shared before:  Let Nathan and Nurie celebrate  their anniversary alone.  Jill is supposed to be there to help Nurie and Nathan.  Instead the people with a newborn are entertaining her and her kids. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 16
On 7/22/2024 at 9:11 AM, Notabug said:

Let me know when they gather 'round the aluminum pole and air their grievances.  I'd hate to miss more of the feats of strength.

Serenity Now!!!

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Notabug said:

And, once again, why does a newly postpartum, breastfeeding mom have to go to Daytona Beach to watch her husband and others ride amusement park rides?

Doesn't every woman want to do that? 

Jill went there for vacation, not to actually HELP out. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 10
  • Angry 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
3 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Doesn't every woman want to do that? 

Jill went there for vacation, not to actually HELP out. 

Yeah, Jill showed up to mooch off her daughter's young family.  Who wants an anniversary dinner attended by their mother and siblings?  Jill couldn't possibly have arranged a nice evening alone, even at home, for Nurie and Nathan with a takeaway meal because how would Jill get her own well-deserved restaurant meal?  She could've picked up something at a good restaurant and taken it home to Nurie and Nathan and then, gathered up her own kids and Nurie's boys and gone out somewhere for a few hours so they could enjoy the peace and quiet alone together.  But, there's nothing in it for Jill, so it was never going to happen.

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 12

The Ns have been married four years and already have three kids. It's like something out of pre-accessible birth control days. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 9
35 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I guess this "anniversary" outing means that Jill and Co. won't be in FL tomorrow to celebrate the actual day. Perhaps they left after church on Sunday and are already back in Ohio. 

Florida breaths a sigh of relief.  Not to mention Nurie and Nathan

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
(edited)

Jill posts today - Phillip is 21 "Happy 21st Birthday to our Phillip! We love you, Philly! Keep soul winning and street preaching like you do! Keep lifting up the Name of Jesus Christ!"

Then we get a Sammer Man post, which Jills needs to clarify with (Samuel). Old video of him lip syncing. message from mama "I love the JOY he has in his soul and I ADORE the choices he is making as an adult! "

Sammer man has certainly entered courtship with his girl who fawns over "Mrs Jill". Maybe Sammer man and his girl also asked for privacy, but Jill just has to post things. Sammer man and his girl in a video at the Keller house and all

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I guess this "anniversary" outing means that Jill and Co. won't be in FL tomorrow to celebrate the actual day. Perhaps they left after church on Sunday and are already back in Ohio. 

I thought Jill said their anniversary is the 25th? For a moment I thought I lost a day!

• Like 4
Just now, ginger90 said:

I thought Jill said their anniversary is the 25th? For a moment I thought I lost a day!

Renee, Gabriel and Hannah were not shown in the choir last sunday at the new church, so maybe meeting for the next grift somewhere.

• Useful 2
13 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Jill posts today - Phillip is 21 "Happy 21st Birthday to our Phillip! We love you, Philly! Keep soul winning and street preaching like you do! Keep lifting up the Name of Jesus Christ!"

Phillip is out in the wild "street preaching?" Goodness, I'll bet that's a sight. I wonder if he calls people who ignore his message flibbity flub heads (or whatever weird phrase he used during that odd church introduction)?

• Like 15
  • LOL 5
22 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Phillip is out in the wild "street preaching?" Goodness, I'll bet that's a sight. I wonder if he calls people who ignore his message flibbity flub heads (or whatever weird phrase he used during that odd church introduction)?

In my neck of the woods, a young guy like Phil preaching and/or spewing hate, would likely end up being brought into the ED for a psych assessment.

• Like 11
  • LOL 2
9 hours ago, merylinkid said:

More money spent by Nathan and Jonathan when they have kids of their own to support.   Jill sure does love her once a year vacations.

Ah, but she hasn't had her once a year vacation. Vegas was a business trip, the resort was a reward from the BCE (best company ever) to BME for all her hard work and Florida is selfless grannie helping precious Nurie. Not a vacation in sight for our tireless Jill 🙄🤮

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 2
  • LOL 14
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

I have to say Phillip is doing pretty much the same thing Timothy was doing at age 21. Spewing what he learned at home.

At 21, Timothy was doing the youtube videos from a trailer in mama's driveway on needing to be curt to any female with a kind word, females dressing like whores, and why, oh why, couldn't he find a girl like his sisters he could marry. The sister mama posted him being with on "double dates" with their parents.

Now we are all hopeful when we see Timothy, at what 23, setting the most meaningless boundaries, while buying a house near mama etc. Money on Heidi spending her days at the barndo, especially when the inevitable heir to the Rodrigues name is born next year.

Phillip who "lives on the property" according to Renee, spouted on video in a way Jill couldn't script and it was easily found by snarkers from her posts. Most studious Rod boy leaves 2 "bible colleges", Mama/Nurie/Kaylee have not arranged his perfect helpmeet, he is at loose ends.

I picture him as the zealot guy at Toomer's corner in Auburn. People mock or ignore and walk by.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

I generally give all my sympathy to fundie girls, but man, part of me feels for Tim and Phil. Built up your whole life to believe that a supreme being has called you to save Hungary and remote fly-in places from evil, and you end up flunking out of Bible school and haranguing people on the street corner or getting kicked out of coffee shops (same principle, different industries).  I just wish one (or both or all) had the wherewithal to say "If Mahmo and DBD were wrong about this..."

• Like 19

TWO WEEKS at the Kellers.   Nurie must be exhausted.   She is probably looking forward to only having 3 kids to look after instead of having to cater to Mahmo while her house is filled with screaming Rods.   

• Like 14
  • Sad 9
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

In my neck of the woods, a young guy like Phil preaching and/or spewing hate, would likely end up being brought into the ED for a psych assessment.

He would get mugged depending where he was by me.

• Like 10
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

TWO WEEKS at the Kellers.   Nurie must be exhausted.   She is probably looking forward to only having 3 kids to look after instead of having to cater to Mahmo while her house is filled with screaming Rods.   

Talking about wearing out one's welcome!  I guess Jill has never heard that "fish and visitors stink after three days."  So said Ben Franklin.

Two weeks?  It probably seemed more like two months!  What balls she has.

• Like 15

Nurie and Nathan are going to have to learn how to make Jill uncomfortable and how to stand up for themselves.  It's tough to have sympathy for adults who allow themselves to stay doormats when they have three children.  I remember reading  a historical novel where the first hint to a guest it was time to go was leaving a railway schedule on their guest room night table.  

• Like 15
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, emma675 said:

She didn’t say one word about his personality, his likes/dislikes, what his long term goals, etc.

• Like 4
  • Sad 6
6 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Nurie and Nathan are going to have to learn how to make Jill uncomfortable and how to stand up for themselves.  It's tough to have sympathy for adults who allow themselves to stay doormats when they have three children.  I remember reading  a historical novel where the first hint to a guest it was time to go was leaving a railway schedule on their guest room night table.  

Despite what Jill may say, she's raised (I use that term loosely) a passel of WHIMPS. And so far, the whimpy daughters have married spineless men. 

Let's hope Heidi can shake things up. 

• Like 16
  • Applause 1
On 7/22/2024 at 11:04 PM, Heathen said:

SMDH. 38 grandchildren and counting. The fundies will inherit the earth by sheer numbers. 

That is, seriously, the goal.

21 hours ago, Notabug said:

Yeah, Jill showed up to mooch off her daughter's young family.  Who wants an anniversary dinner attended by their mother and siblings?  Jill couldn't possibly have arranged a nice evening alone, even at home, for Nurie and Nathan with a takeaway meal because how would Jill get her own well-deserved restaurant meal?  She could've picked up something at a good restaurant and taken it home to Nurie and Nathan and then, gathered up her own kids and Nurie's boys and gone out somewhere for a few hours so they could enjoy the peace and quiet alone together.  But, there's nothing in it for Jill, so it was never going to happen.

Jill = Mona Lisa Saperstein from Parks and Rec. MONEY PLEASE!

https://images.app.goo.gl/xc8SSwGuRpovqyPSA

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
(edited)

I get the idea that Nurie relishes her golden child status.  As a female, it is the only power she holds in their world. 

Edited by kaleidoscope
  • Like 7
  • Sad 2

I think the married couples' behaviors regarding Jill are complicated. Fundy children grow up in an environment where getting love and attention is always a competition, they have little exposure to typical adult kid behavior and they are all immature.

I don't think they have thoughts about putting up with Jill. I think they love/like her and enjoy "fellowship".

As for Nurie and NotNurie - they're moms. That is also a competition. Who has the most kids, who is a trooper through the worst labor and delivery, who jumps out of bed before the newborn is cleaned up and who get their figure back quickly. This is their version of Rosie the Riveter.

• Like 8
  • Useful 2