Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Some people use their guest room as a reading room/office when there aren't guests around. That's what we do-we have a finished attic that we alternately call "the penthouse"/the guest room/the office. And if he gets up earlier than her he might just go in there to read.

• Love 4
On 1/23/2017 at 2:27 PM, bigskygirl said:

FYI: There is a new Meet the Putnams forum set up for your watching and discussion pleasure. Please feel free to head on over to the new forum to talk about the show. Thank you.    http://forums.previously.tv/forum/2977-meet-the-putnams/

What happened to the previous posts from this thread?  Did you move them to the new thread?  I read them the other day, but now I can't find them. 

26 minutes ago, GussieK said:

What happened to the previous posts from this thread?  Did you move them to the new thread?  I read them the other day, but now I can't find them. 

Go to page 137, and the posts about the show starts on January 19th (almost mid page.)

5 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Go to page 137, and the posts about the show starts on January 19th (almost mid page.)

Oh, I see. There were only about three posts.   I read the new show thread too, and it seems like the show was a one-off.  Good riddance. It was pretty bad.  I could not get through the whole episode.  

Poor Tabby...wonder if this fiancé of hers knows there's more than one port there. He sounds like a total creeper...Glad this woman fought back and demanded her rights and her day in court.

How can any man who cherishes his daughter not only allow but encourage such a marriage? Maybe like Prissy, she's praying that this cup will pass from her.

• Love 2

Dan at least seems somewhat normal. Deana may be religious, but seems far more moderate  and more respectful of others in her behavior online. 

Deana seems to have an education and a good head on her shoulders. She's miles ahead of Silly Jilly with respect to maturity, life experience, and How Things Really Work.  Even if Dan and Deana fall in the Koolaid due to family pressure, they wil never look remotely as crazy as Muffy and Scruffy, and Deana isn't a Clinger.

• Love 1

Ah Timmy, I read it before you deleted it, but the internet is forever...eta to note that his FB is public, so this isn't breaking any confidentiality rules; he just deleted when it got hot in the kitchen. 

timrobertson.png.1fec4947441e6e8033087865bf2f460e.png

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3

The only thing I can't figure out is how he got pardoned and removed from the Registry. Either there was truth to his story or he had some serious connections. Or he took advantage of the fact that South Carolina is a God'n'Guns kind of state and Jesus-y types love a reformed sinner. 

I wonder if the Duggars knew about his past. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, questionfear said:

Some people use their guest room as a reading room/office when there aren't guests around. That's what we do-we have a finished attic that we alternately call "the penthouse"/the guest room/the office. And if he gets up earlier than her he might just go in there to read.

Someone forwarded me just yesterday a pdf pamphlet on Bible reading.  I love my fundie friends.  ;)  One of the first three suggestions was set up a special area such as part of a guest room as an "altar" for your daily reading.  It sounds like Dan may have been "blessed" with some similar literature.  Also one is to take oneself off alone according to this pamphlet to avoid distractions.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Fostersmom said:

I love how this happened because her boyfriend went to get food and it's important to the story that she was a stripper. Way to not take any responsibility for his actions. 

No accountability partner. Undoubtedly an exposed clavicle or knee. How dare she?

• Love 4

Out of curiosity, What do dan and deana do for a living?  Do they believe in work?  

Yes, pretty typical evangelical to read one's bible in the mornings in a quiet/private place or together with your spouse. 

• Love 1

Dan works for the Boy Scouts. No clue what, if anything, Deena does. 

Where did my post from Tim go? Where he blamed the stripper for his actions? I thought I put it here, but I'll add it again, becasue he's such an idiot. 

4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I posted Sierra's blog post on this thread, but that was maybe a week ago?

Adding to the Tabby Paine scandal (sadly, Tim took down his slut-shaming post): 

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/duggar-sex-scandal-123903/photos/duggar-court-doc2-228033#photo-anchor

THERE ARE NO WORDS SUFFICIENT TO DESCRIBE HOW MUCH HE MINIMIZED WHAT HE DID.

This is far worse than I thought. This says the "situation" was him entering her room, finding her face down on the bed, removing his pants, and inserting his penis into her anus. Without her consent. 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

THERE ARE NO WORDS SUFFICIENT TO DESCRIBE HOW MUCH HE MINIMIZED WHAT HE DID.

This is far worse than I thought. This says the "situation" was him entering her room, finding her face down on the bed, removing his pants, and inserting his penis into her anus. Without her consent. 

Yeah but she was a stripper. Oh, and Jesus. 

Seriously, this is who Tabby threw her life away waiting for? She'd most likely do better marrying a Radom bar hookup.

• Love 20

So, Tabby has kept herself pure for a man twice her age that was a registered sex offender.  Her first time will be with a man who sodomized a passed out drunk woman the moment her boyfriend ran to the store??  This is God's will for her? 

If this actually happens (I wish it wouldn't but don't have my breath held), I wonder if Chad will ever leave Erin in a room with him.   No way that happens.  They can spout forgiven and God's grace all they want, I don't see it happening.

Edited by tabloidlover
  • Love 20
17 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I posted Sierra's blog post on this thread, but that was maybe a week ago?

Adding to the Tabby Paine scandal (sadly, Tim took down his slut-shaming post): 

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/duggar-sex-scandal-123903/photos/duggar-court-doc2-228033#photo-anchor

I hate to say this but I don't like the way InTouch put the Duggars into that story . I know  the general population (that sounds like prison ) only knows of the Duggars but this is a Paine Bates story and at least the Bates have a public profile .

• Love 8

I read it was anal sex?   I'm kinda stuck on that detail for so many reasons. 

And I have to agree with Lianau.  The Duggars had a party for TABITHA.  They really are not responsible for her boyfriend. 

The slippery and slimy BATES should be trashed and so should Tabitha's high level IBLP father. Let the other families be exposed too.   

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, lianau said:

I hate to say this but I don't like the way InTouch put the Duggars into that story . I know  the general population (that sounds like prison ) only knows of the Duggars but this is a Paine Bates story and at least the Bates have a public profile .

It definitely sucks for the Duggars because this isn't "their" scandal, so to speak. However assuming that Tabitha was boarding with them throughout the courtship, it's a really bad look that they've now allowed two sexual predators to be around their children. 

IfTabitha's claims that her family loves Tim are true, then Chad has been ex'd off my good guy list. What sort of brother lets a man with that background within ten feet of his sister? He and Erin are still drinking the Gothard Kool-Aid even if they publicly state otherwise.

• Love 14

Sort of feel bad for Tabitha, but then remember she is an adult woman. Anna (supposedly) knew about Josh's past and still married him. Anna is responsible for that decision and she was only 20. Tabitha is older and she is committing to this fella even with his background exposed. Tabitha is responsible for her choice and any consequences. Her father and brother are despicable for supporting this, but ultimately Tabitha is a fool.

• Love 6

And ANY of us could have a sexual predator floating around their kids unknowingly. God forbid. Most parents try to keep their kids safe from this garbage. 

Hello Duggars?  That's TWO.

I guess jim Bob was right.  This DOES happen all the time with their friends.

JIM BOB, WHAT KIND OF FRIENDS DO YOU HANG OUT WITH??? You might want lay off the fundamentalist and hang around with some regular sinners. 

• Love 24
45 minutes ago, Marigold said:

JIM BOB, WHAT KIND OF FRIENDS DO YOU HANG OUT WITH??? You might want lay off the fundamentalist and hang around with some regular sinners. 

We seem to have fewer rapists and child molesters per capita at least in my acquaintance.

• Love 9
On 1/24/2017 at 5:47 PM, BitterApple said:

Ok, wait a minute. So I just reread the story and comments. Was Tim accused of  assaulting the girl when she was too high/drunk to give consent? Because that's an entirely different ball of wax than my original interpretation of what happened. I thought it was a situation where the girl feared reprisal from the boyfriend and claimed it was an assault rather than admit she slept with Tim willingly. I'm completely lost.

The post has been taken down so I can't see it :(.

On 1/24/2017 at 6:04 PM, BitterApple said:

Oy vey. I wasn't aware that was the nature of the original complaint. And yes, tres classy to mention she was a stripper, thus eliminating her as a sympathetic victim in the eyes of his Fundie friends.

I can't believe Tabitha fell for this bullshit. She's so desperate she can't see the reason Tim has been single so long is because no other woman would touch him with a ten foot pole. It had nothing to do with God bringing them together. Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with the Paines that they think he's some great guy? 

Normal people wouldn't but Anna did marry Josh so I guess its more important to be married to SOMEONE, ANYONE than be a lonely spinster.  These gals have not one spec of self esteem.  To the men they are toys and things to order around.  Patriarchal societies suck IMHO.  

On 1/25/2017 at 9:02 AM, Sew Sumi said:

Sorry to report that it looks more like Dan Dullard is down the fundie hole.

Ok they can quote the religious stuff but can they quote Sixteen Candles like normal people???  

• Love 8
21 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Ah Timmy, I read it before you deleted it, but the internet is forever...eta to note that his FB is public, so this isn't breaking any confidentiality rules; he just deleted when it got hot in the kitchen. 

Thank you.  I don't know about any of you but I would rather go to jail than plead guilty for anything I didn't do.  And I have been in jail in Mexico (for about 3 hours)! 

PS:  It really was wrong place wrong time!

• Love 4

I guess jim Bob was right.  This DOES happen all the time with their friends.

$20 says Jim Bob has a sordid history that will eventually come out. He used toddlers as chaperones for HIMSELF ffs.

• Love 5

So, it looks like the Keilens will address the issue of infertility (to what extent, who knows?) on tonight's BUB episode. From the preview, she started panicking around the 6 month mark. They don't test for infertility that early, do they? I guess we'll possibly find out if they tested for Erin's condition, although Erin was conceiving just fine; it doesn't sound as if Michael even conceived. 

And did Brandon ever get checked? Doubt it; it's always the woman's fault in their little world. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

So, it looks like the Keilens will address the issue of infertility (to what extent, who knows?) on tonight's BUB episode. From the preview, she started panicking around the 6 month mark. They don't test for infertility that early, do they? I guess we'll possibly find out if they tested for Erin's condition, although Erin was conceiving just fine; it doesn't sound as if Michael even conceived. 

And did Brandon ever get checked? Doubt it; it's always the woman's fault in their little world. 

I thought they started testing at the one-year mark, but I could be wrong.  

• Love 2

For her age group it would usually be 12 months, but testing can be done earlier if certain conditions are present.  Sperm testing should be one of the first tests done as it's easy and non-invasive.  Plus why bother testing the woman if sperm production is at fault?  When we went through testing it was the next thing on the list after my initial exam (regular annual visit where I brought it up) and blood tests that were ordered that day. 

• Love 1

My DVR cut off at the end, but they did address the possibility of seeing a doctor now that they were married for a year. It's been six months since then, and we still haven't heard anything. I don't even know if she's answering leghumper queriers about the state of her uterus anymore. She's one who I wish would turn off comments on her social media. It must really hurt to be asked if she's pregnant 50 times under every post she makes. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Thank you.  I don't know about any of you but I would rather go to jail than plead guilty for anything I didn't do.  And I have been in jail in Mexico (for about 3 hours)! 

PS:  It really was wrong place wrong time!

The Innocence Project has a new campaign about exactly that , people pleading guilty while innocent.

http://guiltypleaproblem.org/

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

My DVR cut off at the end, but they did address the possibility of seeing a doctor now that they were married for a year. It's been six months since then, and we still haven't heard anything. I don't even know if she's answering leghumper queriers about the state of her uterus anymore. She's one who I wish would turn off comments on her social media. It must really hurt to be asked if she's pregnant 50 times under every post she makes. 

Watching my sister go through infertility testing and treatment was tough, and I don't wish that on anyone. The pain for Michaela must be amplified due to the way she was raised. Of all the Duggars and Bateses she seems to really genuinely enjoy children. I hope that by discussing it publicly she will receive a lot of support.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Absolom said:

For her age group it would usually be 12 months, but testing can be done earlier if certain conditions are present.  Sperm testing should be one of the first tests done as it's easy and non-invasive.  Plus why bother testing the woman if sperm production is at fault?  When we went through testing it was the next thing on the list after my initial exam (regular annual visit where I brought it up) and blood tests that were ordered that day. 

All that testing can't be inexpensive. I wonder if they have any health insurance; this isn't the kind of thing the emergency room does.

Edited by DangerousMinds

What's sad is that it seems Michaela isn't allowed or doesn't want to work outside the house now that she's married. She did when she was single & living home.  I know she has her on-line children's clothing thing & she seems to be into scrapbooking, but why can't she work or volunteer at a daycare center, do story time at the library or do a scrapbooking DYI somewhere? She must lead an awfully lonely life.  

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Barb23 said:

What's sad is that it seems Michaela isn't allowed or doesn't want to work outside the house now that she's married. She did when she was single & living home.  I know she has her on-line children's clothing thing & she seems to be into scrapbooking, but why can't she work or volunteer at a daycare center, do story time at the library or do a scrapbooking DYI somewhere? She must lead an awfully lonely life.  

I don't get it either. My understanding is Gothard's Chicago operation is located in an upscale suburb, so it's not like there's a safety issue with her venturing out of the apartment. She could probably make bank working as a part time nanny, but God forbid she's not available to make Brandon crustless egg salad sandwiches if he feels like coming home for lunch. She's got to be bored out of her mind.

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I don't get it either. My understanding is Gothard's Chicago operation is located in an upscale suburb, so it's not like there's a safety issue with her venturing out of the apartment. She could probably make bank working as a part time nanny, but God forbid she's not available to make Brandon crustless egg salad sandwiches if he feels like coming home for lunch. She's got to be bored out of her mind.

What's with crust less egg salad sandwiches? Besides, that must mean he farts. Fundies seem too uptight to fart.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

What's with crust less egg salad sandwiches? Besides, that must mean he farts. Fundies seem too uptight to fart.

It was a joke because Brandon seems like the prissy type to require something like that.

2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

She could easily be a nanny in the surrounding west suburbs- hinsdale, oak brook, elmhurst especially are all basically million+ dollar communities, lots of money. Extremely safe out this way too, things get a little dicier a little east of Elmhurst but I dont see her having any reason to veunture into maywood or anything. 

• Love 4

I thought I heard Kelly say that Michael does babysit.  It didn't sound like it was as consistent as her nanny position when single, but that she used babysitting as a pastime in addition to sewing and scrap booking.      

Michael seems like the type of person who would want kids even if she wasn't quiverful.  She has a "heart" for children (though I thought Jill Dillard did too and was wrong). The cult builds up expectations that can't be matched in real life.  Brandon needs to step up and do what's practical for their family.  Praying doesn't solve anything if treatment is necessary and Michael looked so dejected. I wonder if they have health insurance that would even cover fertility testing.  Is fertility testing basic coverage?  

Edited by birkenstock
  • Love 1

It all depends on your insurance plan, but generally speaking the testing isn't expensive, but the treatment is. And that further depends on what they find through testing. A lot of couples end up categorized as "unexplained." If she's not ovulating regularly, that's something that isn't too hard to address. If it's significant "male factor," that likely means IVF as the recommended course of treatment.

• Love 2