Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I wondered why she was kissing a bunch of tampons until I read the caption. 

OMG!  I thought the same thing.  What is she doing with Devil Sticks???

• LOL 19
35 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jonathan's writing is actually lucid! 

Isn’t his dad some kind of academic? I could be misremembering. Why he would want to be married to someone with a 4th grade education at best is a mystery to me!

7 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

This is ridiculous! She is practically a kid and doesn't need all these filters. 

No one needs them. There is nothing wrong with aging and “flaws.”

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
Just now, AstridM said:

Isn’t his dad some kind of academic? I could be misremembering. Why he would want to be married to someone with a 4th grade education at best is a mystery to me!

Well, no one bothered to teach Jonathan critical thinking. Hence, he's onboard with a MIL nightmare!

• Like 7
  • Sad 6
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Jon's writing makes sense, but a period or three would help. That's one long run-on.

Jonathan's response had short sentences. The guy replying to him had the long run-on.

• Like 3
  • Useful 6
18 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Kaylee's so filtered she looks like a cartoon. 

74105995-5D8E-48FB-9B59-B8899A2B2014.thumb.jpeg.79e1f7dce0dfd3b3024ca235aef1f29e.jpeg

She looks like some alien plasticine fembot created to distract heterosexual men so that the aliens can take over the world.

5 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I know we laughed about Jonathan's lack of skill when being all manly and using the axe to chop wood, but the sadder part is in the comments.

Compare the writing of what is obviously Jonathan replying to someone to the stuff Kaylee posts. Full sentences, pretty clear meaning, no random commas or capitals, etc.

Screenshot (553).png

Jonathan hasn’t figured out that Harbor Freight is all cheap crappy tools? Better to spend for a good axe that will last you. But maybe that’s not covered in Dave Ramsey’s lessons…

• Like 9
  • Applause 6
1 hour ago, LilJen said:

Jonathan hasn’t figured out that Harbor Freight is all cheap crappy tools? Better to spend for a good axe that will last you. But maybe that’s not covered in Dave Ramsey’s lessons…

But think of all the little flashlights and fly swatters he can collect by shopping there. 

• LOL 11
(edited)
7 hours ago, AstridM said:

Jonathan's dad was for several years an executive with the company that produces the ACE (I think it stands for Accelerated Christian Education) school and homeschool curriculum and materials. His bio is online here: https://www.faithbaptistms.com/pastor.asp His degree is from a private Christian college. 

I've read some pretty scathing criticisms of the ACE curriculum - as in certainly not teaching critical thinking skills. But I think that it can probably teach basic grammar and language skills better than whatever haphazard methods and materials the poor Rod kids got from their mother. Sigh.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Useful 17
(edited)
12 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I wondered why she was kissing a bunch of tampons until I read the caption. 

Well it wouldn't be because she was happy not to be pregnant...

Edited - multiple posting, bad internet.

Edited by ALittleShelfish
  • LOL 11
(edited)

I changed my mind. I'm rooting for NotNurie to kick ass in selling Plexus. I hope she finds all kinds of suckers to buy in and move her up the ladder. I want her to reach cubic zirconia and plutonium long before her mom does.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 20
(edited)
On 1/8/2024 at 4:46 PM, libgirl2 said:

I just don't get this obsession with the KJV. Why? I have read different Bibles and have found the meaning is the same. 

A lot of fundies are seemingly obsessed with the Protestant reformation in England and I think it is a part of that.  They also often acclaim Anne Boleyn as one of their saintly heroines because she led Henry VIII away from Catholicism and into the salvation that only a Protestant can gain.  That Anne's major motivation for her Protestant zeal may well have been her desire to replace Catholic Catherine of Aragon as Queen is irrelevant to them. Since King James was the first Protestant king after the reformation to order an English translation to be done solely for the Church of England and not for the heathen Catholics; that's the Bible they trust.

Most other English translations of the Bible are compiled based on a consensus of multiple Biblical scholars, some of them Catholics.  Therefore, any Biblical translation that might be tainted by a Catholic's participation is clearly not the word of God and must be shunned.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 1

Kaylee posted:

A little late to post but Gideon turned 6 months old, January 5th. 🥰💕💕 
     Gideon loves to, eat, smile, laugh and has a VERY tender heart, like His Daddy. 
    He gets teary eyed, with the CUTEST frown, over the smallest things. 
  Oh, how we love him and thankful for God's gift to us. 💖

• Sad 14
(edited)

The obligatory homeschooling post.

Screenshots from a video:

School days.  Music practice.  😊  Children's voices echoing in our home.  I cherish these moments.  ❤️

458348DA-384E-41D6-8B33-A04FA1A57E55.jpeg

53B9F511-D7E0-4F23-8EB6-A02AFEAC059B.jpeg

55C05809-DD86-40D9-ACD9-3057DF58EB22.jpeg

BE1D99A3-5D0E-497E-9B66-86162FD859CA.jpeg

Jill asked Renee what subject she’s teaching. Renee had to look back at the cover of the book to answer. This was at the kitchen island with the banjo being played in the next room with the door open. Samuel is doing grammar.

Edited by ginger90
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 21
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Kaylee posted:

I don't even want to think about what those "small things" are that cause a six-month old to get teary-eyed.

I stupidly watched a small portion of the home-schooling video and thought the same thing - how the **** is anyone able to concentrate with someone playing banjo in the next room?

• Like 4
  • Sad 14

Isn’t it amazing how there have been a number of snark posts about BME’s homeschooling or rather the lack of it, and here’s Jill filming the Rodlet Academy! 

• Like 8
  • LOL 9

I do not believe that Jill "cherishes" the sound of her children's voices echoing through the house. I bet when she turns off the camera, she starts yelling at them to keep it down and start doing chores. I don't believe there's much homeschooling happening anyway. The evidence is in Kaylee's posts! 

• Like 18
  • Applause 2

Does Mahmo's book learnin' cut off as each female Rodlet reaches college age, and then they become "teacher?"

Those poor younger girls aren't going to know how to read, write or handle anything beyond simple addition/subtraction, if that.

• Like 5
  • Sad 14

Sofia/Janessa are still sucking on rags gee Mahmo they are hungry feed them a sandwich.

Jilldo ruined Rene’s hair on purpose.

Jilldos roast beef lips are a choice. 

Sam looks exactly like David.

• Like 6
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Jill asked Renee what subject she’s teaching. Renee had to look back at the cover of the book to answer. This was at the kitchen island with the banjo being played in the next room with the door open. Samuel is doing grammar.

It was also 6pm when Renee was supposedly teaching  Sofia "science".

I guess we can safely assume 19yr old Sammer Man is still in mama's pretend school, so his "clean" senior trip with mama, daddy and best friend gabriel should be coming up soon.

My question is why do the non whimpy boys have what appears to be 3 single skis in their bedroom??

Screenshot (554).png

• Like 4
  • LOL 12

Of course they are "in school". Please, Renee doesn't even seem to know what the subject is. I wouldn't put it past Jill to have them posing and not actually doing anything. 

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

The misuse of commas gives me a headache.  Not ever using a comma would be so much better.

I know! What is it with commas after almost every word? And how much money did that all cost? 

• Like 12
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Kaylee posted:

This distresses me 

• Like 7
  • Sad 10
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshots from a video:

School days.  Music practice.  😊  Children's voices echoing in our home.  I cherish these moments.  ❤️

458348DA-384E-41D6-8B33-A04FA1A57E55.jpeg

53B9F511-D7E0-4F23-8EB6-A02AFEAC059B.jpeg

55C05809-DD86-40D9-ACD9-3057DF58EB22.jpeg

BE1D99A3-5D0E-497E-9B66-86162FD859CA.jpeg

Great googly moogley. I’m just trying to eat my happy meal and this picture comes across !!!

• LOL 11
3 minutes ago, dariafan said:

This distresses me 

Don’t worry too much yet.  They won’t start blanket training until he starts crawling.  I’m pretty sure that he can’t even sit up by himself.

• Sad 9
On 1/8/2024 at 6:27 PM, LilJen said:

I enjoyed her capitalizing “He” when referring to Dave Ramsey. 

So did I! It sounded (looked) as though she was referring to God's granddad, which I found quite a diverting scenario.

• LOL 14

So Johnathan can’t justify spending $150 on a quality ax that could last the rest of his life, but they can piss away (literally) that much and more on Plexus. But it’s ok, Dave Ramsey will set them straight 🙄 

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 5
  • LOL 10
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I know! What is it with commas after almost every word? And how much money did that all cost? 

I’m guessing $400-$500?

• Mind Blown 9
  • Sad 1

I'm guessing J&K put the wood burning stove back in the house to free up money for Plexus. Now they have a cheap axe and are doing Ramsey's course because Plexus is eating up more money than they planned.

All because mama JillR wants a Plexus vacation.

And to make it worse they have this stove in a tinderbox of a house with a blocked rear exit.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 9
  • Applause 1

Speaking of the J&K tinderbox house with a blocked rear exit, I live approximately 3.4 miles from the house in CT where the four young children burned to death last week. When the fire chief announced that the back door of the duplex had been blocked by a kitchen table, my thoughts went to those asses and their hutch. The stupidity of some people boggles my mind. I pity poor Gideon with those two as parents.

• Like 5
  • Sad 24

Wow. Renee’s hair looks absolutely horrific. Jill may as well shaved it all off. Great way to strip the poor girl of any self confidence she may have had. And she still has to get up in front of people and perform! Also, how well educated can Renee be if she doesn’t Eve. Know what she is “teaching” her little sister. (I can only imagine what must be covered in “Science”.

And why is a 19 year old learning GRAMMAR?!! He should have learned that 10 years ago.

These people are literally illiterate. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 10
34 minutes ago, Trillium said:

So Johnathan can’t justify spending $150 on a quality ax that could last the rest of his life, but they can piss away (literally) that much and more on Plexus. But it’s ok, Dave Ramsey will set them straight 🙄 

This looks like the Gut Health Advanced Combo-Bio Cleanse welcome box. The deeply discounted price is $251 or $259, depending on the size(?). There may be some Plexus Slim in there too. It's probably a month's worth of product if used as instructed. 

Jonathan could have bought a very fine ax for that price and have money left over to take Kaylee to the Nice Olive Garden. 

Dave Ramsey should shriek in horror at this waste of money, but I'm sure he looks  the other way. He probably didn't say anything about LuLaRoe either. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
30 minutes ago, Teriacky said:

Wow. Renee’s hair looks absolutely horrific. Jill may as well shaved it all off. Great way to strip the poor girl of any self confidence she may have had. And she still has to get up in front of people and perform! Also, how well educated can Renee be if she doesn’t Eve. Know what she is “teaching” her little sister. (I can only imagine what must be covered in “Science”.

And why is a 19 year old learning GRAMMAR?!! He should have learned that 10 years ago.

These people are literally illiterate. 

I agree about the grammar. He should’ve learned that years ago and be working on improving his writing skills now. It’s just sad. 

Renee’s hair doesn’t look that bad to me? 

• Like 7
18 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Renee’s hair doesn’t look that bad to me? 

In that still shot from the video, it looks fine.  When Jill pans around the back of Renee, it looks like it's been chopped with a dull knife and ratted until it's hopelessly frizzed.  It's quite sad.

• Sad 11
1 hour ago, Trillium said:

Amazingly, it's like the discworld boots theory in action-where the rich man spends $75 one time on quality shoes and doesn't need to replace them for 10 years, while the poor man buys $10 shoes because that's all he can afford and buys them yearly, meaning over 10 years the poor man has spent more and has less to show for it. 

• Like 14
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

In that still shot from the video, it looks fine.  When Jill pans around the back of Renee, it looks like it's been chopped with a dull knife and ratted until it's hopelessly frizzed.  It's quite sad.

Ugh, I didn’t see the back. 🥲

3 minutes ago, questionfear said:

Amazingly, it's like the discworld boots theory in action-where the rich man spends $75 one time on quality shoes and doesn't need to replace them for 10 years, while the poor man buys $10 shoes because that's all he can afford and buys them yearly, meaning over 10 years the poor man has spent more and has less to show for it. 

Yep, it’s expensive to be poor. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 8
18 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Ugh, I didn’t see the back. 🥲

Yep, it’s expensive to be poor. 

I think it depends on the item. If it is something that is a fad or trend (think Stanley cups), get them cheap. If it is a major appliance, if you can spend the money. Though when we  moved we bought the almost cheaper washer and dryer and they both last 15 years. 

• Like 6

I really am curious where Kaylee, and Teacher Jill for that matter, learned about commas.  Where did they get the idea that they need to use them like salt?  Did they just skip the punctuation chapter?  Punctuation seems to be a problem for many people.  I once complained to the manage in a department store for their big  PETITES' sign and pointed out the useless and incorrect apostrophe.  The sign was correct after they remodeled.  How is anyone who reads their posts taking them seriously as business people?  

• Like 15

One of the frustrating things for me about this crew is that I am generally a big believer in the boots analogy. If you want to set me off on my soapbox rant about structural inequality and class, please get yourself a comfy chair and a beverage of choice...but then there's the Rods. I hate that they bring out the "ugh, get a (better) job already" in me, but I can't help feeling like the whole "Jesus doesn't want me to have a paying job" "Jesus does want me to have more kids than I can feed" and "Plexus = a sound investment" are all choices that weren't forced on them (well, maybe they were on the Rodlets, that's a whole n'other question). 

• Like 18
5 hours ago, Teriacky said:

I can only imagine what must be covered in “Science”.

The earth was created 6,000 years ago. Humans co-existed with dinosaurs. Evolution is an atheist lie. Climate change is a liberal hoax. That about covers it.

• Like 10
  • Sad 6
  • LOL 6
7 hours ago, Trillium said:

I want to know what Dave Ramsey says about Plexus!

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, AstridM said:

I’m guessing $400-$500?

IMO Jonathan is p____-whipped, plain and simple.  Whatever Kaylee wants, Jonathan will give her.

21 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

He's apparently mostly opposed to MLMs. 

That’s what I thought.

• Like 4
6 hours ago, questionfear said:

This is my family of origin’s entire mode of existence. Buy as cheap as possible, and as often as possible as it falls apart, rather than spending slightly more and having it last a long time. 

4 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

How is anyone who reads their posts taking them seriously as business people?  

The people they’re marketing to are just as uneducated and probably see nothing wrong with it. Especially if they’re in all seriousness still following Jill or Kaylee after their ridiculous posts!

• Like 10
13 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

How dim are these 2 to buy plexus from Mahmo? It’s just sad. $100 a month buys plenty of vitamins and supplements from Walmart. 

But but but...Kaylee gets POINTS for buying all that crap. The deluxe package she bought is about $250. I really hope she's not spending that much on crap every single month. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 8
  • Useful 1