Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

Right on the page for Phillip's Bible school - not accredited by the Department of Education or the State of Ohio.    Great education there.   Although considering the "education" he got from Jill, he fits right in.  

It's mission is to train people to go to minister in areas where there are no bible based religions.    Okay then.   Guess Hungary is out.  

Their definition of "Bible based" is very narrow. They mean IFB, not just Christians who read the bible. It has to be KJV 1611. 

• Like 10
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 1

Jill got a proposal in a horse drawn carriage in central park. Surely her mama and sisters were all there too in matching outfits, with her mama acting like she is just one of the sisters, right??? 😂

• Like 4
  • LOL 16
52 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

They met in "college and career" class .... too bad that in the 30+ years since then, neither one of them has ever experienced either.

Actually, only DBD was in the college and careers class (probably a Bible study for college aged kids). Jill just noticed him at that time. Her storytelling is bad. 😀

Edited by Salacious Kitty
Too many justs. My writing is as bad as Jill's haha
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
18 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Actually, just DBD was in the college and careers class (probably just a Bible study for college aged kids). Jill just noticed him at that time. Her storytelling is bad. 😀

I wondered why 12-year old Jill was in a “college and careers” class. 😆

• LOL 12

I wonder how JIll's parents felt about this match. Maybe David is the reason they moved. No doubt, Jill bulldozed them into agreeing to the marriage. 

Ma and Pa Noyes seem to expect their daughters and sons-in-law to support them in their old age. David wasn't a good choice for that particular retirement plan. 

• Like 13
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Jill got a proposal in a horse drawn carriage in central park. Surely her mama and sisters were all there too in matching outfits, with her mama acting like she is just one of the sisters, right??? 😂

I just pictured everyone with matching Jill hair and turtlenecks lol.

• LOL 8

Next she'll likely start filtering her fingers.  Which is easier than going to see a doctor and actually trying to fix them, after all.  Can't let Plexus lose its reputation as a miracle drug--er, drink.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 15

It looks like Jill has had tons of sodium. Maybe she salts everything she eats or maybe her magic Plexus is loaded with sodium. Whatever the cause, those are not normal looking hands. (They look like medical gloves that have been blown into to make balloons!)

• Like 8

I'm sure they were eager to get her out of their house. If Jill was anything like she is now, and I completely believe she was, when the opportunity to marry her off came along, they probably jumped at the opportunity.  That Jill already had the massive hots for him, was a plus.

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
4 minutes ago, Teriacky said:

It looks like Jill has had tons of sodium. Maybe she salts everything she eats or maybe her magic Plexus is loaded with sodium. Whatever the cause, those are not normal looking hands. (They look like medical gloves that have been blown into to make balloons!)

Do we know the sodium amounts in plexus? 

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill also eats tons of processed food/takeout. Let’s hope she and Dave see a doctor and maybe get life insurance.

More than likely, that is what does it.

I can't find any info on sodium in the "pink drink", so maybe it isn't high in it but something else could cause the bloat. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 4

Jill loves to eat out and restaurant food is loaded with sodium.  She also loves to serve the family pizza as their going out food.  There's another sodium bomb.  She should try a low sodium 500 mg a day for a week with 64 oz of water a day and see how she looks and feels.  

• Like 12
  • Useful 1
43 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Jill loves to eat out and restaurant food is loaded with sodium.  She also loves to serve the family pizza as their going out food.  There's another sodium bomb.  She should try a low sodium 500 mg a day for a week with 64 oz of water a day and see how she looks and feels.  

Restaurant food can be the worst, especially if you go to the chains or fast food. I love salt but I still remember one of the last times we went to Outback. They had a mahi special. It was so salty, I couldn't eat it. Fast forward to a few weeks ago and I had a delicious flavorful piece of mahi at a non-chain. Yes, you need salt in recipes but there is such a thing as overkill. Like you end up having to drink water all night from it. 

And this includes her beloved OG. And who knows how the food is on the occasions she cooks. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 10
32 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Restaurant food can be the worst, especially if you go to the chains or fast food. I love salt but I still remember one of the last times we went to Outback. They had a mahi special. It was so salty, I couldn't eat it. Fast forward to a few weeks ago and I had a delicious flavorful piece of mahi at a non-chain. Yes, you need salt in recipes but there is such a thing as overkill. Like you end up having to drink water all night from it. 

And this includes her beloved OG. And who knows how the food is on the occasions she cooks. 

Outback ruins their Bloomin Onion with WAY too much salt also. It’s a shame. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 3

I just did a quick Google search, and Plexus claims to have O sodium.  I'm guessing she "serves" a lot of canned food, when she does feed her family.  Plus eating out and fast food.  She really does need to go to a doctor.  At least have some labs run.  But we all know she won't.

• Like 9

I bought a can of Campbell's soup in the large can awhile back (on sale) and I couldn't eat it, it was so salty.  And I am one who prefers a salty snack to a sweet snack.  There are low-and-no sodium canned foods when one must have something premade.  I hardly ever add salt at the table, just a dash for fresh-cooked vegetables.  

Those puffy hands look awful.  Jill's so vain, I'm surprised they don't bother her.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

I bought a can of Campbell's soup in the large can awhile back (on sale) and I couldn't eat it, it was so salty.  And I am one who prefers a salty snack to a sweet snack.  There are low-and-no sodium canned foods when one must have something premade.  I hardly ever add salt at the table, just a dash for fresh-cooked vegetables.  

Those puffy hands look awful.  Jill's so vain, I'm surprised they don't bother her.

I try to get low sodium whenever I can. 

• Like 7
On 11/8/2023 at 7:58 AM, oliviabenson said:

This kid looks so unwell. Too bad she has garbage parents who don’t give a damn.

9B2963F4-54E7-49C0-836F-E759C855316A.jpeg

I have noticed that her posts show herself, and others, with a deathly pallor. (Not sure of spelling) Like movies showing patients in the TB wards. Is it her phone's lens, or are they not getting enough veg and fruit? Kids look thin.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5
On 11/11/2023 at 12:28 PM, Absolom said:

From Jill's point of view this is perfect.  It's free "education" and the church is even providing room and board.

What is the point of these schools if they don't have any legal accreditation? Is it just so they can say their children went to college?

• Like 10

The urn of weeds covering the half heat vent by the stove is a nice Jill touch.

Also in the after pics there was one that showed they moved that huge hutch from the dining room into the kitchen and covered both the exit door and the window.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 17
  • Sad 4

A picture really is worth a thousand words because I don’t even know where to begin. The place is a fire hazard, complete withSEVERELY FILTHY  rugs. 

The before was miles away better.  

Edited by Trillium
  • Like 19
  • Applause 2

Poor Kaylee. She and her "cozy abode" are just a bike ride away from BME. That spells endless trouble for the little family. 

The giant hutch appears to block the light switch and an outlet too. I don't get it. There are plenty of cabinets in the kitchen. If Kaylee needed more work space, a simple table would have provided it and not block anything. Given the position of the smaller overhead light, there was probably a table there originally anyway. 

Of course, the woman with a passion for "graphic design" also considers herself a "decorator." It's too bad she doesn't show any examples of either. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2

Jill is claiming she rode the electric bike the 4.5 miles to Kaylee girl's but didn't take video along the way, of herself and any waifs that had to pedal a bike?? I say it never happened then.

She is certainly confident in her decorating ability. As far back as when her parents finally got a house in w virginia Jill claimed she would have it "looking like a showcase in no time". whatever that means

• Like 3
  • LOL 13

The before was better. I think I would have put an island with a sink facing the stove, one you could eat at. Blocking a heat vent, a window, and a door to outside was a choice. The ever present throw rug in all its tattered glory is something.

Where did the microwave end up? I don’t see it in the “after” shots.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 19
  • LOL 3
Just now, whydoiwatch said:

Is that a fly swatter by the fridge in the before pics?

The fly swatter by the fridge and the black microwave were in the listing pics when Jonathan bought it. Jill is again fudging what it actually looked like "before" she decided they needed an update.  Kaylee and Jonathan have lived there more than a year and certainly didn't have the old flyswatter on the wall.

A smaller white microwave is now between fridge and stove with a place mat  or something on top of it.

I sort of thought maybe they were also working on the dining area and temp moved the hutch to the kitchen. But the thing is fully decorated with fake plant bent by the ceiling and filthy throw rug in front so 🤷‍♀️

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, crazy8s said:

A smaller white microwave is now between fridge and stove with a place mat  or something on top of it.

I missed that the first time I looked. Yet another choice to block vents. 😳

• Sad 5