Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

How in the world did she walk down the aisle in those shoes without going "clippity clop"!!  Iz looks cute

But these are what the thrift shop had. 

Seriously, I'm curious to see if the bridesmaids had matching shoes or Jill just borrowed this pair from someone regardless of size.

• Love 2

I'm trying to remember if Jilly Muffin wore flats at Jessa's wedding. Since she was knocked up, I'm guessing yes? 

I think this is her first foray into real heels. I don't even think I've seen her in wedges, and lord knows she spent the most important day of her life barefoot. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Not too short and Jill's shoes are a size too big.

CxLGKsDUoAALF4U.jpg

Are we positive that's Jill? To me that dress looks more sparkly than the bridesmaids' lacy dress and this woman looks like she is wearing a wrist corsage which would not be typical for a bridesmaid.

Edited by Bitter Betty
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

No I'm not positive that is Jill at all, but I'm thinking the flowers are a bouquet. I just noticed men's shoes directly behind this woman. Maybe it's the angle but wow, he's awfully close.

Now that you mention thi, I notice that the guy on the right in the gray suit kinda looks like he's wearing a wrist corsage too. Maybe this was wrist-corsage-for-all event.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Now that you mention thi, I notice that the guy on the right in the gray suit kinda looks like he's wearing a wrist corsage too. Maybe this was wrist-corsage-for-all event.

hahaha

This wedding is getting crazy! 

On November 14, 2016 at 8:47 AM, Kokapetl said:

Carrots and prunes? Decorative soaps?

Oh, she does her hair for this wedding

I don't think Jill did her own hair.  I think the bride had professionals do hair/makeup for all of the attendants.  Jinger should have done the same for her wedding.  Jill doesn't even look like herself in that pic IMO.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, awaken said:

So many high heels lately, between this pic, and jing's wedding and honeymoon pics. I'm amazed!!

Those heels look 2 sizes too big on Jill.  Geez, couldn't they at least get some that fit?!

13 hours ago, Bitter Betty said:

Are we positive that's Jill? To me that dress looks more sparkly than the bridesmaids' lacy dress and this woman looks like she is wearing a wrist corsage which would not be typical for a bridesmaid.

It's gotta be Jill.  Her dress is longer than the others.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

Those heels look 2 sizes too big on Jill.  Geez, couldn't they at least get some that fit?!

It's gotta be Jill.  Her dress is longer than the others.

But comparing that dress to the bridesmaid dress, other than the color the dresses don't look alike. There is nothing lacy about the dress of the woman with the too big shoes. There's also a fold in the dress which I think might actually be a matching jacket or shawl.  I think it could be people who are lined up for the family pictures (which is why Izzy would be in it)  and that's the mother of the bride or groom.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Bitter Betty said:

But comparing that dress to the bridesmaid dress, other than the color the dresses don't look alike. There is nothing lacy about the dress of the woman with the too big shoes. There's also a fold in the dress which I think might actually be a matching jacket or shawl.  I think it could be people who are lined up for the family pictures (which is why Izzy would be in it)  and that's the mother of the bride or groom.

It is Cathy in the too big shoes!  She says so on her Instagram, above.  Surprising.

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Looking at that picture above, I know it isn't but the altar looks like a Chuppa (canopy) used in Jewish wedding.

They may have used one in the wedding. I've been to a few Christian and also nonreligious weddings where they've used Chuppas. They're pretty and the symbolism transcends to other faiths/beliefs.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, sheshark said:

It is Cathy in the too big shoes!  She says so on her Instagram, above.  Surprising.

I don't see where Cathy said anything about her shoes. But if shiny blue dress was her (and lighting could have muted the bridesmaids' dresses), it's a coincidence that Jill is ALSO wearing shiny silver heels. Because she is. 

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't see where Cathy said anything about her shoes. But if shiny blue dress was her (and lighting could have muted the bridesmaids' dresses), it's a coincidence that Jill is ALSO wearing shiny silver heels. Because she is. 

But her KNEES ARE SHOWING! I feel defrauded. 

Seriously, hope she likes it. I noticed Jinger in Australia wearing a shorter dress, too. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I had to search for it too but it's in the middle of the comments on this picture. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh HAI, Rodrguii! Steve Maxwell was also spotted in one of ET's stills, right on the aisle, as Boob walked Jinger down. 

9c74f0a36e4de66ad2949f5ce991b84e.jpg

You know good and well that Jill is trying to get one of her unfortunate looking, overly made up daughters to match up with a Duggar boy. That would just be the jewel in her dollar store crown.

• Love 21

No one else seems interested in the Duggar male kidults. Nurie might actually stand a chance with Josiah or one of the boy twins once they turn 18 next month.

Or, as I posted a couple of days ago, the boys are flunking the 50 page questionnaire the girls' fathers give them.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

You know she'd cut a *itch to be front and center. That is prime seating.

Oh, absolutely. If Jill had to kick Granny Vuolo's cane out from under her to score an a-list seat, she'd do it in a heartbeat.

• Love 13

I'm a little confused about Deena & Dan's wedding party.  Was Derick the best man?  In the church  picture, there is a girl wearing a peach colored dress  & a guy wearing a darker suit.  Are they the maid of honor & best man?  I've counted & recounted both the bridesmaids & groomsmen.  It looks like there are 8 attendants on each side (one guy is blocking another.)  Maybe the guy in the dark suit was doing a reading. 

17 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I don't think Jill has calves that are that skinny. All the Duggar girls are doughy below the waist. 

I thought of that too. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I'm a little confused about Deena & Dan's wedding party.  Was Derick the best man?  In the church  picture, there is a girl wearing a peach colored dress  & a guy wearing a darker suit.  Are they the maid of honor & best man?  I've counted & recounted both the bridesmaids & groomsmen.  It looks like there are 8 attendants on each side (one guy is blocking another.)  Maybe the guy in the dark suit was doing a reading. 

I thought of that too. 

Yeah, I have no clue who the guy next to Derick is. Maybe Deena's father?

What the actual fuck? Why were there ANY Duggars at Dan Dillard's wedding (aside from Jill, of course)? They must have had a larger guest list than I originally thought if they let THOSE people attend. 

eta: Looks like Boob is wearing the same cheap gray suit he wore to Jill's and Jinger's weddings, just with a different shirt this time. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

What the actual fuck? Why were there ANY Duggars at Dan Dillard's wedding (aside from Jill, of course)? They must have had a larger guest list than I originally thought if they let THOSE people attend. 

eta: Looks like Boob is wearing the same cheap gray suit he wore to Jill's and Jinger's weddings, just with a different shirt this time. 

23 hours ago, BitterApple said:

You all know that JB's gray Wedding Suit irks me to no end by all the times I post about it.  Sorry cuz here I go again.  I think this blue shirt ensemble is what he wore to Jessa's wedding or its similar.  It's also what he wore in the photo of him & MEchelle responding to the divorce rumors on one of the tabloid magazines.  I'm sure it didn't have time to hit the dry cleaners.  What happened to the dark suit he had on at the Jinge & Babe rehearsal when they made the video? It was cheap looking as well, but at least it fit the season & is something different. 

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

There was free food. And cameras.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Barb23 said:

What happened to the dark suit he had on at the Jinge & Babe rehearsal when they made the video? It was cheap looking as well, but at least it fit the season & is something different. 

He also had a dark suite for Josh and Anna's wedding. They all looked dressed up for that wedding.

storymaker-josh-and-anna-wedding-pictures5-515x363-1.jpg

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Catlyn said:

He also had a dark suite for Josh and Anna's wedding. They all looked dressed up for that wedding.

storymaker-josh-and-anna-wedding-pictures5-515x363-1.jpg

I haven't seen that picture in so many years, look how unattractive most of the girls look lol

I'm trying to dredge things out of memory, but didn't someone give them the boys' suits or offer a huge discount?  I'm thinking Mr. Keller knew someone or they got a missionary source or discount.

Most of them look so young there.  What a difference a few years made.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Yikes, I forgot how the J'Slaves went through a really awkward period. Even Jessa was fug.

I bet they want to forget that period of time, especially Jessa.

1 hour ago, Absolom said:

I'm trying to dredge things out of memory, but didn't someone give them the boys' suits or offer a huge discount?  I'm thinking Mr. Keller knew someone or they got a missionary source or discount.

Most of them look so young there.  What a difference a few years made.

I think you're right about the suits. I think Mr Keller got them a deal. 

Which Lost Girl was flower girl & why did Anna get stuck holding her?

I figured out Jana but which girls are next to Jim Bob? Jill & Jinge?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

I think you're right about the suits. I think Mr Keller got them a deal. 

Which Lost Girl was flower girl & why did Anna get stuck holding her?

I figured out Jana but which girls are next to Jim Bob? Jill & Jinge?

I think that is Jenny and Michelle is big pregnant with Jordan?  and doesn't hold kids like EVER.... 

• Love 2

Anna is holding Hannie. Boob has Jenni. About a month later, the Happy Couple came to San Francisco and got limoed through the Castro on Halloween. Pity it was pouring that night, so they couldn't get the full experience. 

The scene in the headshop with Boob and glass pipes remains my favorite Duggar memory of all time.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Anna is holding Hannie. Boob has Jenni. About a month later, the Happy Couple came to San Francisco and got limoed through the Castro on Halloween. Pity it was pouring that night, so they couldn't get the full experience. 

The scene in the headshop with Boob and glass pipes remains my favorite Duggar memory of all time.

thanks.... I get all the little girls mixed up... was it Jordan Michelle is expecting? 

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yes. It was 2008. Josie was born the following December, 8 days short of Jordyn's first birthday. That's how Josie, Jordyn, and Mack will all be 7 together for 8 days.

Wow. I wouldn't have even thought that was possible. 

You are the statistics mavin, SEW SUMI!

• Love 2