Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

For whatever it's worth, I probably would have worn a dress like that when I was 16. Then again, I don't honestly recall what was in style back in those days...It was around about 1976 time period, and I kind of remember that a lot of throwback "bicentennial" styles were kind of popular. Plus, I always liked Robin Hood type movies, so the idea of looking like Maid Marian would have appealed to me. 

IIRC, bell bottoms were still in style. And wrap dresses and sundresses. I don't recall anything like the Rods are wearing.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
(edited)
35 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I’ll bet she keeps her children torn all to pieces most of the time, because she’s constantly crying and talking about the “we’re being attacked” BS.  I’d love to know what took place this week that’s making her feel like she’s being attacked.  She truly is insane.  If she weren’t such a horrible human, I would almost feel sorry for her.

My guess would also be that someone questioned having the large number and frequency of visitors  in the baby’s room at the hospital.  Possibly another baby’s parents who were stressed out by the extra commotion.

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 17
  • Useful 2
10 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

The scream praying got them kicked out?

Mystery men ran off?

Jill drank too much plexus?

I'm  hoping this is the case for the baby's sake (and that of everyone else there). 

• Like 6
  • Applause 8
15 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

8FE44852-19FB-41C7-B4B1-6167843D356E.jpeg

5D73DA69-DA3D-4B75-BCAC-50AC959329AA.jpeg

I’ll never understand fundie “humor,” and the Rods are the worst.

Jonathan walks around with his keys hanging from his left side belt loop, and a JB sized phone case on the right. The keys were visible on Kaylee’s birthday pictures. Even Jill made fun of Derick when he got one of those phone cases not long ago. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
10 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

39479D47-8241-4150-B05F-57B6A2B03149.jpeg

FFD9A474-4830-484A-8BC6-25F2BC383F9E.jpeg

Jill fake crying over being attacked sent me lol. 250,000 tracts to save souls for Jesus. What a walnut.

Ah, poor Jilldo.  Somebody was mean to her!

She's so weird.  

I wore a purple tiered skirt in the late 70's that I made, similar to Hannah's.  I got a lot of complements when I wore it.  Hannah's probably wearing bloomers underneath hers.  I wore what we called pettipants under mine.

10 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

39479D47-8241-4150-B05F-57B6A2B03149.jpeg

FFD9A474-4830-484A-8BC6-25F2BC383F9E.jpeg

Jill fake crying over being attacked sent me lol. 250,000 tracts to save souls for Jesus. What a walnut.

Ah, poor Jilldo.  Somebody was mean to her!

She's so weird.  

I wore a purple tiered skirt in the late 70's that I made, similar to Hannah's.  I got a lot of complements when I wore it.  Hannah's probably wearing bloomers underneath hers.  I wore what we called pettipants under mine.

• Like 7
17 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

$100 says Jill the cheapo brought nothing for the staff (muffins, coffee, etc) in gratitude. All Jill left behind is tracts all over the hospital.

I don't think anyone is indebted to buy staff treats, I didn't, but I also didn't leave tracts laying around. 

• Like 8

Kaylee capitalizes he and him because she doesn't know any better. And that's how we can tell none of her children write those glowing, gushing epistles about how much of a saint poor persecuted Jill is. I guess she thinks if she doesn't post pictures of herself fake crying we (rightly) won't believe it.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

Oh Jill, please fuck off. You are not special. You do not get to bring a parade of kids in and out if a freaking neonatal intensive care unit! Nurses are trying to work, which I know is a word you’re not familiar with. They don’t have time for your signing, telling them how to live, or being in the way. Oh and if Kaylee isn’t sleeping, maybe leave her alone for one second. 

But really, the “grumpy” nurse probably just didn’t praise Jillpm and her obviously superior parenting or something no one else would classify as grumpy. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Notabug said:

True, but being polite and saying 'please and thank you' is free and many people cannot even be bothered to do that.  I don't picture Jill speaking politely to anyone, and especially not to 'sluttish' nurses in pants who are working rather than being home having babies as rapidly as possible, as God intends.

Nurses, like the rest of us humans, do appreciate being appreciated; especially when they go out of their way to help their patient and family.  Simply putting up with mass numbers of Rods singing about Jaysauce incessantly deserves a lot more than a simple 'thanks', IMO and I doubt Jill even gave them that much.

I made sure to thank the staff and be friendly. I didn't get upset when the nurse cut my iv line when she was trying to move it and blood squirted everywhere. We actually laughed. I also spoke to the cleaning woman every day I was in. She was really nice too. I can get testy at times but I'm overall agreeable. When I was in for pneumonia, I remember discussing the Walking Dead with one nurse. 

• Like 13
(edited)

How is it Jill didn't travel to visit her most favorite and godly daughter NUUrie?

Was she planning to stay near Gideon and continue the caterwauling in the NICU, but got shut down by "grumpy nurses"?

Jill was certainly all dressed up in the video of david leaving with the tracts. Also, someone waved out the front passenger window while leaving and neither Olivia or Sadie should be riding in the front seat.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 8
(edited)
On 7/14/2023 at 8:33 AM, GeeGolly said:

JillR,

You are a narcissist who uses everyone and everything for your own gain, including religion. Your entitled nature and preoccupation with self is only surpassed by your arrogance and lack of empathy for others including your children. So while you continue to exploit others, others will continue to attack you.

Sincerely, the DSM - V

Dear Jill,

You only need to meet 5 of 9 criteria to qualify for narcissistic personality disorder. Now you have another reason to feel superior: you meet ALL NINE CRITERIA!! Congratulations.

Sincerely, the DSM-V

3 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

3AB35F72-B73E-45A8-AA8A-BA7A8B14CA21.jpeg

Poor Newman. Auntie Sadie (thanks for the correction, SK) is holding him in the most uncomfortable way. 

Of course, the poor girl hasn't the strength to hold him properly due to her parents starving her.

Let's not even talk about how little sense it makes to drive all those tracts all the way to Florida instead of just, y'know, putting them in a box and mailing them?

Edited by LilJen
  • Like 18
2 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

Jill, may I direct you to Matthew 6:5 (KJV):

“And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.“

In other words, we are supposed to pray quietly, alone.  Without God-bothering.  Without disrupting entire NICU wards.   This is straight from an apostle, as quoted in the “correct” Bible.  

Practice what you preach. 

But, but, if she doesn't pray loudly and post about it on social media how will we know how godly she is and better than the rest of us?

Yeah that passage was directly about Jill and her kind.

• Like 19
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill let her hunk go alone to Florida? Maybe he had some wine and cheated on his precious plexus guzzling wifey poo. Or went to hooters lol. 

Oh the possibilities of what Dave does alone!

Olivia and Sadie were his accountability partners.  He couldn't go alone.

1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

How is it Jill didn't travel to visit her most favorite and godly daughter NUUrie?

Was she planning to stay near Gideon and continue the caterwauling in the NICU, but got shut down by "grumpy nurses"?

Jill was certainly all dressed up in the video of david leaving with the tracts. Also, someone waved out the front passenger window while leaving and neither Olivia or Sadie should be riding in the front seat.

When have the Rods ever taken child safety into account?  They probably aren't wearing seat belts, either.

• Sad 12
50 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

@CalicoKitty the girls wouldn’t snitch on daddy 

Maybe he gave them each a piece of gum and half a chicken wing to be quiet 

I think they would spill like a tipped glass of milk if Jill asked them.  She has those kids completely under her control.

• Sad 7
(edited)

That’s the restaurant menu. They sell wine! Hypocrite Jill. Didn’t she throw an hissy fit against restaurants that sell alcohol?

Rules are for thee and not for me! - Jill Rodrigues 

25EA40CA-1E03-4FEA-BFDA-39FDE4D29915.jpeg

62243567-7EA2-4F10-B6F6-172101C71BDF.jpeg

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

Of course these 2 gluttons are having fun eating out with grifted $ while their kids are at home sharing one ramen soup packet, 5 potato chips, 3 tic tacs and 2 twizzler pieces they found under dads chair. 

What awful parents. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 8
9 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

That’s the restaurant menu. They sell wine! Hypocrite Jill. Didn’t she against restaurants that sell alcohol?

Rules are for thee and not for me! - Jill Rodrigues 

25EA40CA-1E03-4FEA-BFDA-39FDE4D29915.jpeg

62243567-7EA2-4F10-B6F6-172101C71BDF.jpeg

Olive Garden sells alcohol, too. She is indeed a hypocrite.

• Like 14
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

57A42686-FCAF-45C6-B40D-70EACB4ECEFE.jpeg

D07DFAC3-E319-4C31-A178-15EA9CABA3A5.jpeg

48AF4064-C507-4BA6-AC69-C59D94844CA6.jpeg

6D3DA5EE-4E84-4E38-9BF6-C9103611B8C2.jpeg

Oh dear lord Daniel of Plexus INC 🙄🙄🙄

She recorded them holding hands. Why?! That’s just weird. Jill we get it you love your SUPER special MANLY husband. No one doubts you the only one for him…

Jill, no one wants him. 🤮

• Like 2
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Wait, she writes out exclamation mark, but ends the actual sentence with a period. I clearly did not home school to the lofty levels of the Rods because I'm confused. Interrobang ‽

Edited by satrunrose
  • Like 1
  • LOL 19

9 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Of course these 2 gluttons are having fun eating out with grifted $ while their kids are at home sharing one ramen soup packet, 5 potato chips, 3 tic tacs and 2 twizzler pieces they found under dads chair. 

What awful parents.

They are vile.

• Like 8
  • Applause 7

Jill went to the hotel website and just copied and pasted most of her post. Then added her random capitals, emojis, insults etc. Not as much "charm"? Seriously? The pics from last year looked like a standard hotel rooms

"The Berlin Encore Hotel & Suites is a brand-new hotel located in Berlin, Ohio, the heart of Ohio’s Amish Country. It features an inspiring 20-foot-high atrium-style lobby complete with soft seating, rustic decor, exposed beams, fireplaces, and plenty of room to relax and enjoy the lobby. The hotel itself stands seven stories high with unmistakable curb appeal, remarkable guest rooms, luxury suites, and a gorgeous countryside view."

Room Amenities

Plush Bedding

Cozy Furnishings

Granite Bathroom

Luxury Linens & Towels

Fridge, Microwave & Coffee Maker

40″ LED High Definition TV

ADA Accessible Rooms

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 14