Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Jill posted that at 3:00am.

She was fixing her kid’s breakfast/lunch. That way when they wake up they can have a nice meal before going to day camp, library or work! Jill cares about her obedient children very much! She wants them to have happy/productive days. 

/s

nah

jill was flying high on something! It rhymes with Jackless!

• LOL 12
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Wait. "Timothy's girlfriend"???

I thought they were all into dogly courting and not worldly sinful dating.

"Girlfriend" sounds very worldly and not at all Jesus-y enough for the Rods.

I wonder if her nonstop social media use has corrupted our devout JillR. Maybe she needs to put down the phone and retreat to the toilet prayer room to get right with Jesus.

Next you know, she will be wearing pants! 

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 8
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Wait. "Timothy's girlfriend"???

I thought they were all into dogly courting and not worldly sinful dating.

"Girlfriend" sounds very worldly and not at all Jesus-y enough for the Rods.

I wonder if her nonstop social media use has corrupted our devout JillR. Maybe she needs to put down the phone and retreat to the toilet prayer room to get right with Jesus.

She’s on her toilet plenty thanks to plexass!

• LOL 12
6 hours ago, SMama said:

And thanks for getting in your criticism of the worldly prom.

Why did Jill even include that?  What does celebrating a teen’s 16  birthday have to do with prom?  The first celebrates one person while the latter is a going away party for the senior class ( with the juniors being allowed to attend).   
 News flash - the rest of us celebrate our teen’s birthday every year, often with getting dressed up and going out to dinner.  Often with multiple friends.  Maybe even a family dinner and a separate friends  dinner.  
That is in addition to the prom.   Which is chaperoned by teachers and parents.   Often there is a chaperoned after prom that includes recreation, games, prizes.  All to keep the kids safe and in groups.  

• Like 15
  • Applause 2
4 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

2FEB3AE8-EAF3-4009-8FA8-7C51247FC4C1.jpeg

That description 😬

After a second look at the photo I see that Heidi's mom is on the Atlantic City boardwalk, in front of James Salt Water Taffy, a landmark there.  In my New Jersey childhood we would always visit that place for saltwater taffy.  Darn, I think my last visit there was in May 1965 when on the School Patrol I was able to spend the day at the old Steel Pier.  I was able to see the famous diving horse, and see The Supremes before their superstar days.

• Like 12
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Why did Jill even include that?  What does celebrating a teen’s 16  birthday have to do with prom?  The first celebrates one person while the latter is a going away party for the senior class ( with the juniors being allowed to attend).   
 News flash - the rest of us celebrate our teen’s birthday every year, often with getting dressed up and going out to dinner.  Often with multiple friends.  Maybe even a family dinner and a separate friends  dinner.  
That is in addition to the prom.   Which is chaperoned by teachers and parents.   Often there is a chaperoned after prom that includes recreation, games, prizes.  All to keep the kids safe and in groups.  

And we know the difference between the Olive Garden and a truly fancy restaurant. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 11
15 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

It would truly blow her mind that prom isn’t  a drug fueled orgie with doctors there to perform abortions on site. 

(Although when I was a freshman the prom king and queen that year were a couple and the queen was VERY pregnant at the time. They are actually still married 26 years later.)

• Like 13
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Trillium said:

It would truly blow her mind that prom isn’t  a drug fueled orgie with doctors there to perform abortions on site. 

(Although when I was a freshman the prom king and queen that year were a couple and the queen was VERY pregnant at the time. They are actually still married 26 years later.)

Yes because if you get anyone over the age of 16 and not married there will be nothing but drugs, sex and abortions running rampant! 

Actually, that is all that goes on among us "non-Christians". That and immodest clothing. The more skin that shows the better! 

Edited by libgirl2
  • LOL 10
1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

I would be humiliated to be seen in public wearing that hideous outfit on my 16th birthday. She’s dressed her like Dorothy Zbornak. 

She wishes she was as fashionable as Dorothy Zbornak!

(Golden Girls for life!)

• Like 12
  • LOL 11

Jill thinks she's better than everyone...even fellow Christians,  and makes sure the heathens KNOW it, also. If she doesn't remind us how much better she is, her head will explode and we'll all drown in plexus!

And Tessie is very pretty. Dare I say, miles prettier than Jill.

• Like 11
  • Applause 7
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, beckie said:

Jill thinks she's better than everyone...even fellow Christians,  and makes sure the heathens KNOW it, also. If she doesn't remind us how much better she is, her head will explode and we'll all drown in plexus!

And Tessie is very pretty. Dare I say, miles prettier than Jill.

For sure you say! 

• Like 7
2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

To answer your question, it’s a flex by Jill.  She wants everyone to think that she and her family are the godliest people since Adam and Eve.  She’s nuts.

2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

The Rod offspring will never know fun like that.  And neither will their offspring.  It’s a damned shame.

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

So Jill told us Tessie is talented. I want to know what her special talent is. Is she a swimmer, volleyball player, runner, a baker, artist, singer, writer, actor, gardener?

Jill cannot tell us what her talent is because she does not let her kids find their own identify. She tells them what to do to make her life easier. It is so sad and upsetting that the kids never got to do typical kid things. Tessie's talent is serving Jill and only Jill. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 21
37 minutes ago, smallfry said:

So Jill told us Tessie is talented. I want to know what her special talent is. Is she a swimmer, volleyball player, runner, a baker, artist, singer, writer, actor, gardener?

Collating tracts

• Like 11
  • Sad 14
On 7/11/2023 at 12:27 PM, libgirl2 said:

Did they contribute anything except their presence?

Is Jill’s presence a contribution… or a detraction?

On 7/12/2023 at 6:12 AM, ginger90 said:

Most recent post by Jill:

I got this text from Kaylee.😊  It brings my heart great joy that Jonathan and Kaylee are investing SO much in their precious baby.  They are so committed to being there for sweet Gideon.  They live right in the room with him and I think that is why he is thriving so much!  He sees, smells and hears his Daddy and Mommy 24/7.  🥰

From Kaylee....

I got the CUTEST pictures of little Gideon looking all around. 🥰 
     It was and is soo precious. 😊☺️😚Jonathan also enjoys holding Gideon and it is sooo sweet. 🥰 
    He sings to Him, reads him the Bible, etc. Gideon is always SO CALM and peaceful during these times. 💖💖

And…..

1F41A5B4-94DE-4997-AE1F-A1A990A595FA.jpeg

24900455-884D-4305-8BF7-7F716B2F9231.jpeg

And of COURSE poor Kaylee has to hold the bottle right next to her breast. Yes, Jill, we know where breast milk comes from.🙄

13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

B19AD906-B18D-45A2-A4B5-4D69B317F128.jpeg

E78F191D-4E7E-4D6D-82EE-EB1FB703946C.jpeg

Tessie’s eyebrows look to be even more of a hack job now (thanks, BME!) and it looks like she has some sort of Invisalign type appliance on her teeth now…the better to attract a dogly suitor 😢 FREE TESSIE!

• Like 1
  • Sad 8
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I think Tessie is the prettiest daughter. No wonder Jill dresses her in the frumpiest of frump. I don't think she's up on the auction block quite yet 

I don't know.  That sure looked like an ad to me. A posed picture with a post that lists her "attributes".   I think Jill is on the lookout for a new SIL (with pocket money).

• Like 6
  • Sad 6
3 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I don't know.  That sure looked like an ad to me. A posed picture with a post that lists her "attributes".   I think Jill is on the lookout for a new SIL (with pocket money).

I was comparing these pics to Nurie's "graduation" pics. Nurie thrust out both boobs and butt, and BME posted it. THAT was an advertisement. Ick. 

• Sad 7
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2

Jill is Hoping to marry Tessie off to a rich fellow. Jill is ready to marry her off at 18. Maybe mystery hunk or Jonathan know someone for Tessie.

Tessie needs to feed her parents plenty of chicken legs and Olive Garden! Jill is counting on more free $ from her kids and their spouses.

• Sad 12
3 hours ago, SMama said:

WTAF is wrong with Jonathan? No wonder he fits right in with the Rods. There is no hope for Gideon. 

Jill controls Jonathan. 

3 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

They’re probably on the auction block as soon as they get their period.  They’ve got to start working on building an army for Jesus!

• Like 3
  • Sad 8
21 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Nah. Even Jill knows she can't sell off her girls at 16. 18? You betcha! 

But she could "get to know" a guy by 16.  Wasn't there some talk about one of the younger Duggar girls--Johana, maybe, who is "getting to know" some guy?  I don't think Jill has the matchmaker chops that Kelly does, though.

• Like 8
5 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

But she could "get to know" a guy by 16.  Wasn't there some talk about one of the younger Duggar girls--Johana, maybe, who is "getting to know" some guy?  I don't think Jill has the matchmaker chops that Kelly does, though.

I think Joy Duggar got to know Austin while she was a minor.

You’re absolutely right about Jill’s lack of matchmaking skills. I laugh every time I remember she was pushing Nurie on Ethan Plath.

• Like 13
  • LOL 1
53 minutes ago, SMama said:

I think Joy Duggar got to know Austin while she was a minor.

You’re absolutely right about Jill’s lack of matchmaking skills. I laugh every time I remember she was pushing Nurie on Ethan Plath.

I wasn't paying attention to the Rodiverse when that happened but I would LOVE to know the Plath viewpoint from their own mouths.  That would be hilarioius. 

• Like 8
14 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I found Jill's post. The very last slide is a video of OG servers singing Happy Birthday. She got free cheesecake. 

Jill got the cake?   Usually there's only one free desert on a birthday and it goes to the birthday person.   But of course, Jill HAD to get it not Tessie.   

Jonathan is just weird.  He could have saved himself and &Kaylee, but chose to fully buy into the whole social media insanity of BME.  

"Spiritual attacks"  did the green beans go after her again?

• Like 8
  • LOL 10
9 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

"Spiritual attacks"  did the green beans go after her again?

Could be. As far as I can tell, for Jill a "spiritual attack" can be anything from being denied free or deeply discounted stuff ("But I'm a CHRISTIAN and Jesus wants me to have this, how dare you PERSECUTE me by making me pay for it??") to having to see a woman with blue hair accompanied by kids but no adult male, in a public place like Walmart. Or having somebody at church say they don't like her shooting video of the congregation during worship services. If Jill doesn't like it? Satan's behind it. Yawn.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 13
  • Love 1

Jill thinks it’s so neat to wear matching ruffles with her forced BFFs, but she’s too ignorant to realize those second hand white skirts they’re wearing are actually crinoline. For all her talk of modesty, she’s actually wearing underwear as outerwear.

• LOL 23

Hey Jill there are actual refugees in this country right now who fled real persecution/war/death!

Read the room you entitled/never been persecuted, gahdly/lazy/uneducated/Christian/mahdest/virginal bride of lazy/unemployed baby factory David Rodrigues!

This Jill makes my blood boil.

• Like 10
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Hey Jill there are actual refugees in this country right now who fled real persecution/war/death!

Read the room you entitled/never been persecuted, gahdly/lazy/uneducated/Christian/mahdest/virginal bride of lazy/unemployed baby factory David Rodrigues!

This Jill makes my blood boil.

I’ll bet she keeps her children torn all to pieces most of the time, because she’s constantly crying and talking about the “we’re being attacked” BS.  I’d love to know what took place this week that’s making her feel like she’s being attacked.  She truly is insane.  If she weren’t such a horrible human, I would almost feel sorry for her.

• Like 16
23 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

That's why Tim was there too. People with paychecks.

Nurie looks like she's in costume to play Maid Marian in Robin Hood. 

For whatever it's worth, I probably would have worn a dress like that when I was 16. Then again, I don't honestly recall what was in style back in those days...It was around about 1976 time period, and I kind of remember that a lot of throwback "bicentennial" styles were kind of popular. Plus, I always liked Robin Hood type movies, so the idea of looking like Maid Marian would have appealed to me. 

• Like 5
19 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I’d love to know what took place this week that’s making her feel like she’s being attacked.

Probably told to stop the caterwauling over Gideon.   You notice not a lot of pictures of them whole horde being there lately.   So either they got kicked out or Mimi got bored at playing "doting grandma over her NICU grandchild" or both.

19 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I’d love to know what took place this week that’s making her feel like she’s being attacked.

Probably told to stop the caterwauling over Gideon.   You notice not a lot of pictures of them whole horde being there lately.   So either they got kicked out or Mimi got bored at playing "doting grandma over her NICU grandchild" or both.

• Like 13
  • Useful 4