Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

How old is Cooper?  Shouldn't he be married by now?

That guy up there in the tie, in the picture with Lawson.  He's from the cult, from California I think.

Cooper Dauer. His mother, Marci, posts tons of pictures of Duggar after-parties. She supplied about 200 pictures of Jill's. 

OK just getting up with the fundie families after taking a couple of months off from them and I see David & Pris had the baby and they named him Phillip which according to their blog means (among other things) warlike and a 'man's man'.  Too funny.  They had to name him that apparently because society has been blurring the lines on 'God's design', followed by a very happy picture of David holding up a dress or something.  They expect Phillip to lead millions to God.  Somehow their blogs never disappoint.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I'm not sick of the Sierra bashing. She looks 60 years old. Both of their dresses are hideous. 

Sierra looks like she has an immodest slip hanging out of her static cling filled polyester night gown. 

Her friend looks like she has on some sort of modest .saloon girl costume. Who else would wear fake blue satin and black lace together. 

Both would benefit from a bra fitting, too.

Sierra looks horrible. That dress does her no justice for her age. The slip thing is just so silly/ridiculous. Buy a longer more appropriate dress instead.

The blue dress looks like an old left over bridesmaid dress. Satin, ewwww just NO.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

Sierra looks horrible. That dress does her no justice for her age. The slip thing is just so silly/ridiculous. Buy a longer more appropriate dress instead.

The blue dress looks like an old left over bridesmaid dress. Satin, ewwww just NO.

Even her face and hairline look 60. She is what, 25?

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Sleeveless dress? That trollop !

What on earth are those multi colored things on the tiered trays? Cookies? 

Look like colored cookies made with a press. At first I thought it was fruit because the green ones looked like kiwis.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Even her face and hairline look 60. She is what, 25?

Sierra really looked "rode hard and put up wet". We use that expression in Texas a lot to tell someone that they look awful.

i guess being the godly wife and mother and patriarchy crap is wearing her down. Maybe not catering the Duggaloo Wedding let her to a laundry room breakdown.  Gurl really looks rough. Usually, she dresses rather nicely. 

OTOH, the DDDilard wedding posting is showing champagne flutes! Champagne or Martinelli sparkling cider? Good for them to have champagne. No doubt Jilly Muffin will be disapproving, but it's not her wedding.  Since someone else besides Muffy is getting attention, I bet she'll post a FU by posting her own wedding pix. Cmon! Let them have their day.

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I was at a shower not long ago where they had a macaroon bar. Several flavors of cookie, fillings, sprinkles, etc. it was a refreshing change. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Why is there a punchbowl with no punch? 

It's purely ceremonial...

1 minute ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I was at a shower not long ago where they had a macaroon bar. Several flavors of cookie, fillings, sprinkles, etc. it was a refreshing change. 

I'm not a fan of free for all build your own food at mass gatherings. Hopefully, they had people serving the fillings and sprinkles. Just feed me already...I'm just not a fan of playing with my food.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Why is there a punchbowl with no punch? 

Probably just not filled yet based on the stacks of cups around it. They may just be doing cake pics while everything is being brought out. The punch may be in a refrigerator instead of sitting there getting stale.

Just now, Arwen Evenstar said:

I'm not a fan of free for all build your own food at mass gatherings. Hopefully, they had people serving the fillings and sprinkles. Just feed me already...I'm just not a fan of playing with my food.

Nah. It was just a shower, pretty laid back, no need for formal servers. It was fun and different than the run of the mill sundae, candy, taco, pancake, etc buffets. I do admit I enjoy the waffle bars at brunch showers. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Especially with Josie in the line.

• Love 2

We have no evidence that they were. If they wanted a smaller wedding (say 100 or so going by the cake), I would hope that the Duggars stayed home. We don't even know if Deena ever met any of them aside from Jill, and since the Dullards were in Central America for the duration of Dan and Deena's entire relationship, there really wouldn't be any reason for them to seek the Duggars out. 

I wonder how many weddings the Duggars attend in which the couple hasn't adhered to fundie courting rules, which extend far beyond just Gothard? I could see Boob being an ass and declining an invitation if he knew the couple hadn't remained "pure" as HE defines it. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Probably just not filled yet based on the stacks of cups around it. They may just be doing cake pics while everything is being brought out. The punch may be in a refrigerator instead of sitting there getting stale.

Nah. It was just a shower, pretty laid back, no need for formal servers. It was fun and different than the run of the mill sundae, candy, taco, pancake, etc buffets. I do admit I enjoy the waffle bars at brunch showers. 

Yeah, I'm on my laptop and can see the cups. It also looks like there's a sheetcake on the table behind Deena, so they may have had a larger wedding (2-300) after all. I remember seeing the Dullard family reunion pics from Oklahoma, and it didn't look like an overly large family. Does Cathy have siblings? I think her parents are deceased? 

They both look very nice. I like Dan's bowtie for a more formal touch. Jinger's dress was so formal. If Jeremy didn't want to wear a tux, he could have at least worn a bowtie with the 3-piece suit (I'm pretty sure I've seen him wear them before). Kudos to the new Dillards. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Patricia07 said:

Twitter photo of Izzy at Dan's wedding:

https://twitter.com/DuggarSisters

I guess he was ring bearer.  He looks cute but could have done without the hat or at least had one that fits him.  He's only a little fellow - how come they have to make him look grown up?

Is that possibly a bridesmaid & usher behind him? Or maybe Cathy & Derick?   Much too dressy to be Jill.

Edited by Barb23
24 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Izzy looks like a little old fashioned news boy. He's cute. So far, all the grandkids in this family have been pretty cute.

Newsboys are big with the Duggars, Jill's wedding had a few as well.  But, have the Duggars ever read a newspaper?  On-line news?

• Love 5

That dress and hair age Jill to about 20 years, but overall, she looks pretty. Derick still looks like that crazy relative who's been *loud whisper* 'away' (at a mental facility)', but doing ok now, but on the verge of cracking, so we're all going to smile big and tip toe around him. 

• Love 14

It's probably bunched up a little since she's kneeling. I can't tell if her sleeves are sheer like the bridesmaid in the background, or if they could pick their own dresses, as long as they were short, navy, and lace. 

Yes, they're all bridesmaids. Jill tagged her post that she was one (and Deena posted pics of her bachelorette party - meal and bowling. Jill was there.). I just wondered if they could pick their own style of dress as long as it was blue lace, or if they were identical? You can't see the details on the last girl closest to the wall. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

Izzy's hat looks like a train conductor! (my son used to be crazy over trains and loved the hats!). Jill has the full-on fundie bump hair. 

And I'm dying to know what they thought of the boldly sleeveless wedding dres!!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

The two girls in the background have the same dress on. Methinks bridesmaids? It is a matronly dress. 

You can see the top of Jill's sleeve in the pic below. It's a sheer lace like the bridesmaid you can see in the back. But damn! Those dresses look SHORT from what I can tell going by the larger brunette. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2

She looks like she had her makeup and hair done professionally, maybe all the bridesmaids did.  Imagine having to be Jill's hair stylist? CHALLENGE!

ETA:  I think she looks nice, much better than usual and Derrick agreed.  Dan was very sweet in noting his bride," Isn't she pretty".  Ahh. young love.

Edited by sheshark
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Carrots and prunes? Decorative soaps?

11 hours ago, Patricia07 said:

Oh, she does her hair for this wedding

• Love 8

I'm sure Jill's dress hem was longer than the rest -- to the knee or just above it even tho the other bridesmaids wore shorter dresses.  Her hair must be in shock, being brushed & styled 2weeks in a row. 

• Love 7

Jill's dress looks above the knee just like the other ladies and I rather like the bell sleeve. The maids all have the same style hair and dress so I wonder if Jill has on real shoes that actually go with the dress. I'd bet panty hose were involved too but that's just a guess based on the bride's other style chooses. That said, a navy blue maids dress was the only one I ever wore again so I'm rather partial to that color.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

The slip thing is just so silly/ridiculous. Buy a longer more appropriate dress instead.

Every time I see that, I think about my own closet, which has dresses that hit me above the knee, and dresses that hit me below the knee. And I bought them all in stores. ... But then I remember that I buy dresses because I like them and the way they look on me. And they add snowing-down-south slips to dresses because they have a desperate need to show how holy and superior they are. And then it makes sense.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Almost 3000 said:

Jill's dress looks above the knee just like the other ladies and I rather like the bell sleeve. The maids all have the same style hair and dress so I wonder if Jill has on real shoes that actually go with the dress. I'd bet panty hose were involved too but that's just a guess based on the bride's other style chooses. That said, a navy blue maids dress was the only one I ever wore again so I'm rather partial to that color.

I like navy blue too.  I think it's great that Jill had to wear a more formal type of shoe, hopefully a pump & hose too (if that's what they wore.)  Maybe she'll realize she can't always have it her way & be the center of attention. Just a thought --  I wonder who Jill was matched up with in the wedding party?  I'm assuming Derick was the Best Man so he would be matched with the Maid of Honor leaving Jill with another groomsman.  In Fundy circles, are you allowed to be matched to someone else other than your headship in weddings? I know Dan isn't full on Fundy, I'm thinking more along the lines of Jill & Derick's personal convictions (or whatever they spout.)

• Love 4