Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill's from Rochester, NY. I have no clue what accents they have there 

Jill's accent is fundie home unschooled. The outside world is irrelevant. Just listen to Jill's own kids. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill's accent is fundie home unschooled. The outside world is irrelevant. Just listen to Jill's own kids. 

Right. That's why I said I had no clue what the Rochester accent is. The Rodrigues accent is its own subset. 😂

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
15 hours ago, zoomama said:

not here....we JUST got down to less than $6..... i saw $5.5? around today. 

Same.  I paid $5.75/gallon yesterday.

I am curious how they feed and pay for gas on these little jaunts.  Oh yeah, Nurthan and the new one.

14 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

The RV could be diesel powdered.

Diesel is almost $7/gallon here

Edited by Natalie68
  • Like 4
  • Mind Blown 2
33 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Of course, Nathan, Tim, and probably Phillip had to contribute their hard-earned money toward the Rods' annual family reunion (code for "you will NEVER escape our little cult).

There is a screenshot of their itinerary on reddit and it says day by day who's expected to take care of dinner, one day said Rodriguez family, one said Keller family, and one said Tim and Philip. Also, only one planned meal a day according to the piece of paper shown. 

• Mind Blown 7
  • Useful 3
4 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

There is a screenshot of their itinerary on reddit and it says day by day who's expected to take care of dinner, one day said Rodriguez family, one said Keller family, and one said Tim and Philip. Also, only one planned meal a day according to the piece of paper shown. 

I am not sure how I feel about that. Part of me is like "Jill those are your kids, feed them yourself". The Kellers can feed themselves but why do Tim and Philip have to pay for all those kids that are NOT theirs? Then again, they are over 18 and working. I think I would rather they just pitch in. 

• Like 1
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

How would someone from Redditt have their itinerary? And this is JillR - the only things on her itineraries are church grifts and this is a vacation.

I have seen it. I guess it was on a table and visible during a video that she shot or something like that. Maybe it was during devotion time? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I am not sure how I feel about that. Part of me is like "Jill those are your kids, feed them yourself". The Kellers can feed themselves but why do Tim and Philip have to pay for all those kids that are NOT theirs? Then again, they are over 18 and working. I think I would rather they just pitch in. 

If it was a fairly balanced group, then sure, split it up. We do that with friend groups, but one family may have one more kid, so it’s pretty balanced. 

But this is 1/4 of the group feeding everyone 2/3 of the time. It may even have been 3/4 of the meals. You couldn’t see thE last meal, but it definitely wasn’t Jillpm but it could have been Keller. Wouldn’t surprise me. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

If he's so great, why the go fund me at all. Can't "Jesus our Lord and Saviour who receives all the glory for this miracle" take care of that as well? 

Obviously, they don’t truly believe that “God will provide”.  Again, hypocrites.

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Why on earth would they put their day to day itinerary online? Big WTF.

• Like 4
21 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Obviously, they don’t truly believe that “God will provide”.  Again, hypocrites.

They also don’t trust their god to decide when it’s time for someone to go. Shouldn’t they be happy for their loved one who will get to go to heaven? Instead they always run to heathen doctors and make demands. 

• Like 1
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Could someone post the itinerary here? I'm assuming it was on her public FB page.

I have to see if I could find it, but I'm leaving work shortly and will be gone for awhile. 

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Right. That's why I said I had no clue what the Rochester accent is. The Rodrigues accent is its own subset. 😂

3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

My husband is from the Buffalo area- no accent at all.

I had some coworkers who were from Buffalo, and they didn't have a super discernible accent to me either. I thought their pronunciation of As reminded me a little of what I've heard from people from Chicago, but honestly another coworker there from St. Louis did it much more noticeably than they did. 

I can't say I've listened to Jill talk before--she annoys me too much--but to me, her kids often sound like other people I know who were homeschooled and didn't talk to people much outside their family. I don't even know how to describe it. But it's distinctive. 

• Like 4
  • Love 5

How would someone from Redditt have their itinerary? And this is JillR - the only things on her itineraries are church grifts and this is a vacation.

In one of the videos Jill  is giving a tour of the little cabin that the Kellers stayed in and the itinerary is shown laying at the top of the stairs (and also on a chest in Nurie’s bedroom). I guess someone took a screenshot of that and posted it on Reddit. In that same video Jill shows Nurie making tacos for the family and says that Nurie will also be making dinner another time. Timothy & Phillip are also noted to be responsible for dinner one night. I would think that most of the meals should be paid for & prepared by the family with the most kids, but I guess Jill feels otherwise…

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7

Nathan paid for his family's travel expenses, rent on a cabin, several dinners for him, his wife, their child, and 14 other people, groceries, assorted breakfasts, lunches, admission fees, and probably shopping trips for Jill. Poor guy just emptied his bank account again.  

Tim is working and saving to go to flight school. Phillip is working and saving to go to college. Nathan is supporting his family on a pastor's small salary.

Davy and Jill don't work. They just plan vacations and expect their working kids to pay for everybody. 

• Sad 22
5 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Nathan paid for his family's travel expenses, rent on a cabin, several dinners for him, his wife, their child, and 14 other people, groceries, assorted breakfasts, lunches, admission fees, and probably shopping trips for Jill. Poor guy just emptied his bank account again.  

Tim is working and saving to go to flight school. Phillip is working and saving to go to college. Nathan is supporting his family on a pastor's small salary.

Davy and Jill don't work. They just plan vacations and expect their working kids to pay for everybody. 

It's speculated that Nathan is still doing lawn care to supplement his income. He certainly needs it after going broke entertaining his inlaws.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 8
  • Applause 2

When they grifted their way into the vacation house last year, I remember Jill posting that it was the Rods “turn” to cook that night. She posted a photo of the hunk grilling a bunch of hot dogs or something.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, YupItsMe said:

In one of the videos Jill  is giving a tour of the little cabin that the Kellers stayed in and the itinerary is shown laying at the top of the stairs (and also on a chest in Nurie’s bedroom). I guess someone took a screenshot of that and posted it on Reddit. In that same video Jill shows Nurie making tacos for the family and says that Nurie will also be making dinner another time. Timothy & Phillip are also noted to be responsible for dinner one night. I would think that most of the meals should be paid for & prepared by the family with the most kids, but I guess Jill feels otherwise…

Poor Nurie and Nathan. They can’t even have privacy in their own cabin. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 13
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill's from Rochester, NY. I have no clue what accents they have there 

From what I've observed (and heard about) people from upstate NY have more of a midwestern accent than a NYC one.  There are also similarities with the states that border Canada, at least in the eastern half of the U.S..

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

I'm currently taking a quick little trip to the Outer Banks this weekend.  As I was driving along Beach Rd., I saw a RV parked at one of the Super expensive homes.  They had it set up in the driveway fully expanded.  I thought of the Rods.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

Boys played basketball with proper footwear. The poor girls were either barefoot or wearing flip flops. Playing barefoot on the asphalt… I am horrified.

Jill is the worst mother in USA.

Finally heard Samuel speak! He speaks so oddly and can barely string a sentence together. Wouldn’t surprise me if he is delayed.

• Sad 15
9 hours ago, Nysha said:

I grew up saying crick for creek. It was even an acceptably spelled word in my Pacific Northwest schools. 😁
However, as an adult I say creek because I know that's the correct spelling and pronunciation.😎

There's a difference between  a dialectal variation and "incorrect" language. Certainly it's fine if someone consciously chooses to set aside the pronunciation or grammar they grew up with. But to imply that people who use a dialect do so because they don't know better is a little problematic.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Finally heard Samuel speak! He speaks so oddly and can barely string a sentence together. Wouldn’t surprise me if he is delayed.

It's the Rodrigues way of speaking. Their "delay" is leading a sheltered life and being taught by Jill.

• Sad 12
1 minute ago, P2C2E said:

It's very possible that being responsible for a meal means the cooking and cleaning up. It does not necessarily mean financially responsible.

This is Jill we're talking about (TIJWTA). Of course they were financially responsible. Note that the adult daughters were under the Rod Family umbrella. Unreliable sales of faux leather earrings can't feed a crowd. 

• Like 1
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, P2C2E said:

It's very possible that being responsible for a meal means the cooking and cleaning up. It does not necessarily mean financially responsible.

I will believe that if Jill posts any pics of Tim and Phillip cooking AND cleaning up.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Poor Nurie and Nathan. They can’t even have privacy in their own cabin. 

They could if they'd get enough backbone to stand up to BME. But that won't happen unless Nurie happens to wake up one day and realize what a whackadoo her mama is.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I'm going to guess Nurie was more than happy to share a cabin and share in the cost of dinner. N&N like their families and appear to enjoy spending time with them. Not sure why they all travelled to PA to kayak in a swamp when they have a perfectly good run-off ditch practically in their backyard though.

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, beckie said:

ut that won't happen unless Nurie happens to wake up one day and realize what a whackadoo her mama is.

Or Nathan asserts his headship and puts his foot down.   He really needs to get a backbone and say "I cannot support two families on one salary.   I am not paying for everything every time your family insists on a group vacation or come to visit.   The Bank of Nathan is CLOSED."

45 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Not sure why they all travelled to PA to kayak in a swamp when they have a perfectly good run-off ditch practically in their backyard though.

Seriously where DID they find that swamp in PA.   There aren't a whole lot of them in the area around Intercourse.   And if they were in the cabins I strongly suspect they were, there is a nice CLEAN river nearby.

• Like 7
  • Love 8
21 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I've got cousins from the Rochester area, no specific accent.  They don't say 'crick' for creek, for example, nor do they 'warsh' their clothes.  I have other cousins from coal mining country outside of Pittsburgh, though, less than 300 miles from Rochester, and they pronounce it crick and warsh.

I agree though, JRod was undoubtedly raised in isolation and, other than church services, had little contact with anyone outside her immediate family.  I think her unusual speech pattern and odd pronunciations are more a product of that.  The Noyes' family has their own unique accent.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 2
  • Love 6

I'm going to guess Nurie was more than happy to share a cabin and share in the cost of dinner. N&N like their families and appear to enjoy spending time with them. Not sure why they all travelled to PA to kayak in a swamp when they have a perfectly good run-off ditch practically in their backyard though.

Share a cabin with her brothers, sure. I was referring to Jill barreling through the cabin taking pictures of their personal things and posting the pictures online. I doubt Nurie and Nathan wanted that.

• Like 2
  • Sad 8
13 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

58791547-A198-47A7-96E9-8181362229C0.jpeg

A708EDBB-3942-47C2-BD5F-6F3FF13A4E1E.jpeg

04089887-A41A-4CEB-84FA-BF48ED1719B8.jpeg

63362BD8-BEF0-45C8-B57E-C2BB85439851.jpeg

Do these kids ever have proper clothes and shoes for anything they do? I'm surprised they don't get injured or sick as a result of these vacations. Maybe they do, but Jill doesn't care so the kids have learned to take care of each other. 

• Sad 11
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Do these kids ever have proper clothes and shoes for anything they do? I'm surprised they don't get injured or sick as a result of these vacations. Maybe they do, but Jill doesn't care so the kids have learned to take care of each other. 

I was in Target earlier today, and thought of the Rodlet girls when I saw some pretty dresses for little girls that only cost $7.  Of course they wouldn't do for them, they weren't ankle or near-ankle length.

• Sad 7
1 hour ago, sagittarius sue said:

I was in Target earlier today, and thought of the Rodlet girls when I saw some pretty dresses for little girls that only cost $7.  Of course they wouldn't do for them, they weren't ankle or near-ankle length.

If you go to Target's website, there are 25 or so different maxi dresses for girls, too.  Now, many of them are sleeveless so JRod would insist on a T shirt underneath, but Target has those at a reasonable price.  I have come to believe that Jill dresses her kids to get donations and, that dressing them in inappropriate, too big, clothing plays up their urchinesque (is that a word?) looks.  As long as Jill feels it is profitable for her, those girls will be wearing clothes and shoes that don't fit.

• Like 2
  • Sad 17
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Notabug said:

If you go to Target's website, there are 25 or so different maxi dresses for girls, too.  Now, many of them are sleeveless so JRod would insist on a T shirt underneath, but Target has those at a reasonable price.  I have come to believe that Jill dresses her kids to get donations and, that dressing them in inappropriate, too big, clothing plays up their urchinesque (is that a word?) looks.  As long as Jill feels it is profitable for her, those girls will be wearing clothes and shoes that don't fit.

I totally agree.  Thin, pale, and poorly dressed.  The grift would be more difficult if they were happy, well-fed, clean, nicely clothed children.  I guess it is a good thing that they don't go to public school.  They don't know any different.  I understand that this is a large family, but as has been pointed out, there is "appropriate" clothing available for little cost.

• Like 2
  • Sad 10
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I totally agree.  Thin, pale, and poorly dressed.  The grift would be more difficult if they were happy, well-fed, clean, nicely clothed children.  I guess it is a good thing that they don't go to public school.  They don't know any different.  I understand that this is a large family, but as has been pointed out, there is "appropriate" clothing available for little cost.

If nothing else, Jill's boys are almost never caught wearing clothing that is inappropriate for the occasion or doesn't fit; at least, not if you don't include Philip's 'graduation' photos.  Her boys also seem to have both dress shoes and sneakers that fit; they're never seen clomping around in shoes 4 sizes too big or going barefoot when shoes would be needed.  Meanwhile, one of Jill's little girls wears a pair of dress shoes with heels (!) for all occasions.

If it is so hard to find nice, inexpensive clothing for little girls, it should be at least as difficult to do it for teen boys.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 13
8 minutes ago, Notabug said:

If nothing else, Jill's boys are almost never caught wearing clothing that is inappropriate for the occasion or doesn't fit; at least, not if you don't include Philip's 'graduation' photos.  Her boys also seem to have both dress shoes and sneakers that fit; they're never seen clomping around in shoes 4 sizes too big or going barefoot when shoes would be needed.  Meanwhile, one of Jill's little girls wears a pair of dress shoes with heels (!) for all occasions.

If it is so hard to find nice, inexpensive clothing for little girls, it should be at least as difficult to do it for teen boys.

And, yes, the boys have proper clothes, Jill has proper (but ugly) clothes, Hunk doesn't seem to care. It's only the girls who never have the right shoes, and the little girls who are always dressed like Dickensian workhouse kids. Well, they do support the family with their singing tours, so that's the workhouse part. 

It's especially annoying and sad because while Jill cries poor, she always finds money for  the things she wants. Does she think people don't notice the disconnect? Some of the people in the distant church circuit might not see it, but I bet Jill's family and the people in her own church do. Maybe, in their belief system, it's OK to exploit children this way. Or maybe they know better than to criticize the Queen. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 8
  • Love 8