Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

At Massilon, it appears that the Pastor acting as Dean retired or left the school at the end of Phillip's year there. The future of the school was not clear. I checked the academic calendar last night, and it didn't show any spring breaks or graduation dates (they graduated a grand total of TWO students in Phillip's year). There was a week in April set aside for soul winning, but that was it. Very strange. 

I wonder what Bible college he's doing now? The one Nurie and Kaylee did? 

I do think Phillip possibly bailed at Massilon because they were having some issues. But also he was one of the 2 students who didn't make the honor roll so...

The Pastor that did the chapel services Bro Decker, is now at a church in Missouri and Dr Thayer, (president) announced in Dec. he would be leaving Massilon, but would be around until May to see the graduation of the 2 students they have set to finish this year.

Also Phillip had to pay for Massilon and this new school was totally free and somehow there was a connection with a Pastor at Jill's home church.

Ripley bible college is the one Nurie and Kaylee did. Jill posted about Phillip and Renee starting an online bible course years ago. Never another word about it after that. No big graduation post or anything.

Screenshot (20).png

• Useful 6

Does Jill ever wonder how it is that 2 of her children have had such problems with "college"? First Tim and now Phillip. Has she changed her homeschool curriculum or just dug in that homeschool is better.

• Like 12
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Here's the video where the tea is spilled. Rods start at the 39 minute mark. 

I couldn’t understand anything The Waifs said.  I wonder how old 5-year-old Janessa will have to be before BME tells her that she can no longer carry her security rag and suck her thumb while she’s performing. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Useful 2

I think all the kids are over it. The youngest 2-3 get away with being more in the background doing nothing. The older ones are the ones who are doing all the work for Mahmo. Dave does nothing.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3
1 hour ago, realityfan26 said:

Does Jill ever wonder how it is that 2 of her children have had such problems with "college"? First Tim and now Phillip. Has she changed her homeschool curriculum or just dug in that homeschool is better.

I don't think Jill ever thinks she's the cause of anything that goes wrong. Insufficient homeschooling or a lack of financial planning can't possibly be the problem, so either Satan or the schools must be to blame.

• Like 18
  • Sad 5
(edited)
20 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

@crazy8s I thought the Massilon drama was last year? 

There's nothing on their current academic calendar other than what I noted before. Why no mention of spring break this month? Or graduation? It's bizarre.

The one guy bro decker dean of students left at the end of last year same as Phillip.

The president, dr thayer i think only announced he was leaving Jan 3. so the 2 graduates are this year.

Last year I think they had 3 guys graduate and several of the girls did also. I know they had one girl graduate last year with her degree in missions. She had been off to whatever missions training/ language immersion place in Texas that Massilon sends students to for their 3rd year of the degree in missions.

One of those 2 pastors made a joke at Phillip's expense in a chapel service once, then explained Phillip was always the butt of his jokes. Then the ass tried to justify it by saying "he just couldn't help picking on Phillip, because Phillip just always took it so well" ☹️

Edited by crazy8s
  • Mind Blown 9
  • Sad 13
  • Angry 2
On 3/8/2024 at 1:31 PM, Albanyguy said:

But then they have cheap weddings that look like they were thrown together at the last minute. Maybe Heidi's family set the date for six months from now so that they can plan something nicer.

Heidi's mother posted a couple of months ago that they have the dress ordered (apparently from a bridal salon and not a thrift shop or borrowed), the venue is set (apparently a real wedding venue and not crashing the in-law's anniversary dinner (see Nurie), and that the caterer is reserved (so apparently a real wedding reception with food (again see Nurie.)  I feel this will be a very nice occasion as opposed to Jessa's melting ice cream in the parking lot.  This   preparation time may seem long for a typical Fundie wedding, but I think this will be a very nice occasion.  I get the feeling that Heidi's family has much higher standards than the Duggars or Tim's family.

• Like 19
  • Useful 3
4 hours ago, floridamom said:

I was surprised as to how sad the oldest daughter appeared in this video. I also could not understand the youngest two girls when they spoke.

She’s 21 and stuck running the entire house by herself and be in a grifting band. She is exhausted. Plus her parents ran off the MM and the other guy. I think she had more suitors and they all ran off. J/D are looking for SIL they can permanently mooch off. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 14
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

The one guy bro decker dean of students left at the end of last year same as Phillip.

The president, dr thayer i think only announced he was leaving Jan 3. so the 2 graduates are this year.

Last year I think they had 3 guys graduate and several of the girls did also. I know they had one girl graduate last year with her degree in missions. She had been off to whatever missions training/ language immersion place in Texas that Massilon sends students to for their 3rd year of the degree in missions.

One of those 2 pastor made a joke at Phillip's expense in a chapel service once, then explained Phillip was always the butt of his jokes. Then the ass tried to justify it by saying "he just couldn't help picking on Phillip, because Phillip just always took it so well" ☹️

Isn't Mahmo known to make fun of her children sometimes, and laugh where she shouldn't?  Phillip was probably sort of used to being teased in a mean way.  Jill would shit if any of the kids did the same to her, I think.  It sucks that that pastor did that to him, even if Phillip "took it so well."  Jackass.

• Like 19
  • Sad 1
19 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Isn't Mahmo known to make fun of her children sometimes, and laugh where she shouldn't?  Phillip was probably sort of used to being teased in a mean way.  Jill would shit if any of the kids did the same to her, I think.  It sucks that that pastor did that to him, even if Phillip "took it so well."  Jackass.

Was it Kaylee that had a kick me sign taped to her back? And remember Timmy doing some thing mean to a Dingus girl while swimming in a ditch? The Rodrigues are a mean bunch. Phil is used to it.

• Sad 14

my concern is for Tessie...she is going to have a permanent hunch..someone should teach her to stand up straight....

• Like 7
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Was it Kaylee that had a kick me sign taped to her back? And remember Timmy doing some thing mean to a Dingus girl while swimming in a ditch? The Rodrigues are a mean bunch. Phil is used to it.

hgwbzgnrou971.thumb.webp.0f3b00490b7adc3da8e02dc19fc11edd.webp

• Sad 19

Maybe once the school head guy left the free tuition ended. And that’s that, time to pack up and go back home. What did they do with Phil’s stuff? Toss it or store it in the backyard? Mahmo redecorated the room so no more space for Phil.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
32 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Maybe once the school head guy left the free tuition ended. And that’s that, time to pack up and go back home. What did they do with Phil’s stuff? Toss it or store it in the backyard? Mahmo redecorated the room so no more space for Phil.

Two different schools - the guys leaving were Phillip's school last year 22/23 Massilon Bible College.

The free school was fall semester 2023 Marrietta Bible College and seems to be a mill for students from the Phillippines to spend a few years in the US and be trained to go back as missionaries or pastors.

• Like 8
3 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

She’s 21 and stuck running the entire house by herself and be in a grifting band. She is exhausted. Plus her parents ran off the MM and the other guy. I think she had more suitors and they all ran off. J/D are looking for SIL they can permanently mooch off. 

I remember MM, but not a second suitor for Renée. Though I have no doubt that any potential suitors swiftly remove themselves upon being grilled by Jill and David.

They need the "meek" sons-in-law who will accept and thank them for their corrections, like Jonathan.

• Sad 10
1 hour ago, Triple P said:

I remember MM, but not a second suitor for Renée. Though I have no doubt that any potential suitors swiftly remove themselves upon being grilled by Jill and David.

They need the "meek" sons-in-law who will accept and thank them for their corrections, like Jonathan.

Also sons-in laws who will fall in love with the amish country and be willing to move near the barndo.

Jill's talking point on the grift tour is now where her adult children live. "Timothy bought a house 20 mins from us". "Kaylee and Jonathan Hill bought a house just 4 1/2 miles from us".

Nurie gets a pass because Jill really wanted the Duggar connection back in the day and Jill can name Pastor Nathan Keller and his teeny tiny church in nowhere florida. But "they have our first two grandbabies and are expecting our first granddaughter in July."

But there isn't one of those children who have forgotten the exaggerated grieving they endured by mama when Nurie moved to florida or Tim went to WA state to Moody.

• Like 10
9 hours ago, crazy8s said:

hgwbzgnrou971.thumb.webp.0f3b00490b7adc3da8e02dc19fc11edd.webp

Yikes. I thought it was a literal “kick me” sign. This is so much worse and I wouldn’t find it funny at all.

• Like 8
  • Sad 7
12 hours ago, crazy8s said:

One of those 2 pastors made a joke at Phillip's expense in a chapel service once, then explained Phillip was always the butt of his jokes. Then the ass tried to justify it by saying "he just couldn't help picking on Phillip, because Phillip just always took it so well" ☹️

Way to blame the victim assholes. There's no excuse no matter the circumstances. But in Phillip's case of course he took it he's used to being abused, belittled and God knows what else by his parents. 

• Sad 13
  • Angry 3
6 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

Yikes. I thought it was a literal “kick me” sign. This is so much worse and I wouldn’t find it funny at all.

Worst part is Jill, this girl's mother, thinks this is funny. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 11
  • Useful 1

The interesting thing I find is that it's calling out Kaylee for being a try-hard, and now here's Kaylee trying so hard to replicate Jill's model of perfect life through plexus. It makes me feel really sad for her.

• Like 16
  • Sad 7

Jill is asking for advice on which airline gives great miles. Frontier Airlines gave her 0 miles as a reward. She is wearing a live, love plexus baseball bonnet indoors. And filtered to death as usual. 

and she says they are trying not to use too much credit…

Comments are turned off so how is anyone supposed to give her advice?

• Like 3
  • LOL 11
45 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

The interesting thing I find is that it's calling out Kaylee for being a try-hard, and now here's Kaylee trying so hard to replicate Jill's model of perfect life through plexus. It makes me feel really sad for her.

I think she wants her moms love/approval. She is not going to get it. Jill is horrible!

• Like 5
  • Sad 11
57 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill is asking for advice on which airline gives great miles. Frontier Airlines gave her 0 miles as a reward. She is wearing a live, love plexus baseball bonnet indoors. And filtered to death as usual. 

a few commented on her fb post. a couple of the responses were things like fly delta or we only use american.

When she was moaning about Frontier and her horrible experience on the way home from Punta Cana some smarta** commented "you get what you pay for" 😂

I would guess she needs to quit calling airline people and just go to her Frontier acct and do "add my trip".  Frontier is not going to do that for her.

Also, I think your Frontier miles vanish after 12mos if you aren't active in that time period. So Jill stating they have been saving their points is a nothing.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Sorry Jillybean, the only way to rack up enough miles to get any significant benefit is to use some kind of travel rewards card A LOT and be strategic with sign up bonuses. And that only gets you maybe a few hundred off a ticket.

She doesn’t fly nearly enough to get any perks, but of course she wants them for basically just existing. Travel costs money, there’s not a secret hack to get it for free or $100. She’s going to have to grift a lot more if she’s wants more trips to resorts. Or, IDK they can get actual jobs like everyone else.

• Like 22
13 minutes ago, Trillium said:

Sorry Jillybean, the only way to rack up enough miles to get any significant benefit is to use some kind of travel rewards card A LOT and be strategic with sign up bonuses. And that only gets you maybe a few hundred off a ticket.

She doesn’t fly nearly enough to get any perks, but of course she wants them for basically just existing. Travel costs money, there’s not a secret hack to get it for free or $100. She’s going to have to grift a lot more if she’s wants more trips to resorts. Or, IDK they can get actual jobs like everyone else.

That warm Caribbean air is in her blood. She wants to go back. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

That warm Caribbean air is in her blood. She wants to go back. 

And all those "natives who need saving". Maybe God will put the Caribbean in Phillip's heart and Jill will go with him.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 7
(edited)
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

And all those "natives who need saving". Maybe God will put the Caribbean in Phillip's heart and Jill will go with him.

Maybe he can get snapped up by a Latina?? And convert to Catholicism??? 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

You used proper grammar. Jill likely would use THAT instead of WHO. 😀

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
3 hours ago, Trillium said:

Or, IDK they can get actual jobs like everyone else.

Or in their case, make their adult kids get the jobs . . . 

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
On 3/11/2024 at 9:35 AM, crazy8s said:
On 3/11/2024 at 9:35 AM, crazy8s said:

I'm saddened that this doesn't seem unusual to me. I'm grateful that I am no longer part of a group like this but of course, I'm saddened that this is reality and not everyone gets an opportunity to leave. It's awful but expected from the men in positions of authority to behave like this. It took many years of living in the real world and more and more distance between myself and church before my initial reaction to someone's pain or embarrassment wasn't to laugh at them. True empathy and compassion for others are lacking, especially in the male groups from what I have observed.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 21
  • Sad 2
26 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Did she even ask Nathan and Nurie before she sent this out over the internet? With Nurie’s patient account number visible? 

Of course she didn't! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 7
  • Applause 2

My guess is that since Tim and Heidi have made it clear that they are in charge of what gets posted about them, BME will have to double down on the privacy invasion of Nurie and Renee.  She just has to be in charge and needs the attention, and to feel totally in control of  everyone else.  And since the "headships" don't seem to stop her, it will continue.  One day she will go too far and there will be serious consequences--either the husbands will react, or a lurking fan will cause a problem.  Jill has no common sense.

• Like 7
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
34 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

My guess is that since Tim and Heidi have made it clear that they are in charge of what gets posted about them

Yet Jill allowed their wedding date be mentioned publicly. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
20 minutes ago, AstridM said:

And makes her seem more unhinged than usual 😆.

Naw, Its just her way of knocking those in favor of bodily autonomy. 

• Like 18