Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)

Why does she and every fundy have to describe going out to eat together as a ‘date’ or a ‘double date’?   My spouse and I haven’t dated each other since the day we got married - but we’ve gone out to eat together a zillion times or gone to the movies etc.     We’ve also met other couples for dinner/ but never once described it as a double date   

Can someone please donate a thesaurus to her?  Maybe she can learn descriptive words besides pretty and neat.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 14
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 6
7 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I think Jill thinks she is God.  She seems to be more judgmental than God is.

I think most Fundies believe that including Jill. Sure they claim to put God first. But conveniently all of God's "blessings" or whatever somehow matches up with what they want. What Jill wants. What Jim Bob and Michelle want. What Gil and Kelly want. God doesn't want them to do good works. God doesn't want them to have a job or raise their own kids. God wants the money from his churches and parishoners to go to Jill and etc. They don't want it to go to the needy or even the needs of the church. JB freaks out over being questioned. Anyone who calls Jill out is a hater. She's always being persecuted or has Satan after her. Jill comes first in her family whatever she wants. Her kids never do. It's the same with all the other fundies. They are God in their minds, their families and their world. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 8
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

This one is especially bad because people mentioned Dave has flown internationally before and should know about the return process. 

Maybe he tried to explain this to Jill, but she refused to listen. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

It’s creepy how right after I said the above, she posted this.

I guess safety for the baby is not a concern, or is it just me?

screenshot from a video:

2A46A04B-318F-4CD9-8855-4A6C62824380.jpeg

Gideon will be crawling soon, so it’s almost time for them to start blanket-training. 😭

• Sad 13

Does anyone know if the Rods have ever filed for bankruptcy?

The Brown family, from Sister Wives pulled this scam 3 times. They did it when there were 3 wives, 2 wives filed individually and the legally married wife filed with Kody, the husband. They staggered them over 20ish years, filing about every 8ish years. So by the time a bankruptcy faded off one wife's credit report, another one filed. Their show financially saved them.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Pictures and video with this post were Jill, David, Nurie and Nathan out to eat.

Home sweet home.....to our RV in Florida.  ❤️ David and I were so exhausted, that we crashed and slept for 4 hours before we had the energy to see the children and give them their souvenirs.  🤪  We are SO glad to be finally safely back. 

We head to our next church tomorrow. 😊

Before we left for Punta Cana, we enjoyed going on a double date with Nathan and Nurie in John's Pass in St. Petersburg, FL.  We love spending quality time with them when we are in Florida.  😁🥰  They are doing SO much for Christ and bring our hearts GREAT joy!  👍

They were too exhausted to spend time with the offspring they hadn’t seen in days.  If that doesn’t scream narcissist, I don’t know what would.

Edited by farmgal4
  • Like 13
  • Applause 7
  • Love 2
(edited)

I like how the first thing Jill does after her exhausting vacation, is to go out on a "double date" with Pastor Nathan and Nurie (so they can pay for Jill and Dave) without any of her other blessings.

Edited by BetyBee
  • Like 7
  • Sad 5
24 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I like how the first thing Jill does after her exhausting vacation, is to go out on a "double date" with Pastor Nathan and Nurie (so they can pay for Jill and Dave) without any of her other blessings.

They went on that “double date” before they left for the DR. I wonder if she will post anything showing the souvenirs they brought back for their kids. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 4
38 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

They went on that “double date” before they left for the DR. I wonder if she will post anything showing the souvenirs they brought back for their kids. 

Probably rocks from the beach or free pens.

• Like 13
  • Sad 4
33 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Probably rocks from the beach or free pens.

A notepad from the resort, mini-shampoo bottles. She was so exhausted she didn't see them first?I understand being wiped out but how about "we hugged our kids promising to tell them about the trip but first we had to take a nap". 

• Like 18

I doubt Jill and David thought much about the kids while frolicking in Punta Cana. Only because Jill reads about herself online did she realize that after all her bragging and showing off the wonderful things she and Hunk were doing and eating, she'd look selfish if she didn't bring back anything for her children.

And it was all Frontier Airlines' fault she and Dave were too tired to even greet their Rodlets. No hugging and gift giving can happen until Jill is rested and has her makeup on and her hair extensions in and her phone charged and ready to document it all.

• Like 8
  • Applause 10
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Notabug said:

Then why choose Frontier?  Surely the fare wasn't $500 cheaper than anyone else.  They flew from Orlando and there would've been several options.

I suspect their flight from the DR to the US was late in leaving and, being idiots, they didn't allow enough time to clear customs and get to the gate to make their connection.  And Jill blames Frontier for the whole snafu.

She reminds me of the tik toks where people are in cruises and Lilly gag while getting back and the boat leaves without them 

• LOL 4

Waiting to see that Mama brought Nurie, Kaylee, Renee, Tessie and Hannah the same matching sleeveless top/dress and them posing for pics with mama without modesty tees. just like mama wore it in the picture from the plane.

Never going to happen, but it's a fun thought.

8043D5E0-AC29-42EC-9D87-D6AD46A39A9D.thumb.jpeg.470ea9ea866d6422ecdd72923874967e.jpeg.c9fd76bfaf85ab81c223637330258296.jpeg

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

Ok, maybe I'm dumb, but if they left the rv in FL, why we're they in the airport in Philadelphia? They clearly weren't flying back to Ohio. Somebody above mentioned they'd probably flown to Orlando before Philadelphia,  so why not just get picked up from/or rent a car from there? I don't fly so I guess I don't know the logistics of flying. 

Also, did Jill do ANYTHING Plexus related while in Punta Cana? Because it seems like she and her hunk were busy doing everything else while God was so good to only her.

• Like 7
10 minutes ago, beckie said:

Ok, maybe I'm dumb, but if they left the rv in FL, why we're they in the airport in Philadelphia? They clearly weren't flying back to Ohio. Somebody above mentioned they'd probably flown to Orlando before Philadelphia,  so why not just get picked up from/or rent a car from there? I don't fly so I guess I don't know the logistics of flying. 

Also, did Jill do ANYTHING Plexus related while in Punta Cana? Because it seems like she and her hunk were busy doing everything else while God was so good to only her.

I think they flew Frontier and their tickets may have routed them on connecting flights. As nuts as it sounds, they could have been ticketed to connect in Philadelphia. Or, they may have missed a connection or even their first flight's departure, and ended up routed through Philadelphia as a result. (In searching for flights from Denver to various cities in the US, I've gotten results that looked really nuts as to connecting airports. Especially on a map, LOL.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Frontier flies direct from Punta Cana to Orlando, but it appears that it's not every day, and no more than one direct flight per day (each way). On the days they don't fly that direct route, their standard other option is from Punta Cana - Philadelphia - Orlando.

That route doesn't make a lot of logistical sense, but I think Philadelphia must be one of their hubs. So that's the reason Jill and Dave were flying that way. It was the option on the days they flew, since they chose to fly with Frontier, so that's what they booked. (I did some reasrch because the route made no sense to me!) 

Clearly they missed their connection from Philly to Orlando, but we don't know if that was an airline delay or something Jill and David messed up, or just not knowing to leave enough time between flights. Unless Jill tells us, it's speculation why/how they missed that flight and had to wait until the next morning. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 8
1 hour ago, all fall down said:

Frontier flies direct from Punta Cana to Orlando, but it appears that it's not every day, and no more than one direct flight per day (each way). On the days they don't fly that direct route, their standard other option is from Punta Cana - Philadelphia - Orlando.

That route doesn't make a lot of logistical sense, but I think Philadelphia must be one of their hubs. So that's the reason Jill and Dave were flying that way. It was the option on the days they flew, since they chose to fly with Frontier, so that's what they booked. (I did some reasrch because the route made no sense to me!) 

Clearly they missed their connection from Philly to Orlando, but we don't know if that was an airline delay or something Jill and David messed up, or just not knowing to leave enough time between flights. Unless Jill tells us, it's speculation why/how they missed that flight and had to wait until the next morning. 

Thanks for explaining that. Like I said,  I don't fly and I was wracking my brain trying to get it to make sense.

• Like 4

I can't remember where I read that the Johns Pass/DBD's Seafood boil was prior to the Plexupalooza, but if it was, maybe they flew in/out of Tampa? Because that's a helluva drive just for lunch at a waterfront restaurant.  Hm.  I have a lot of questions that don't matter, but I want to satisfy at least ONE dumb curiosity today...  

I know she doesn't post in real time, but I want to know mostly why they can't just be normal people who do normal things. (I probably don't REALLY want to know that, do I?)

• Like 6
(edited)
5 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

I can't remember where I read that the Johns Pass/DBD's Seafood boil was prior to the Plexupalooza, but if it was, maybe they flew in/out of Tampa? Because that's a helluva drive just for lunch at a waterfront restaurant.  Hm.  I have a lot of questions that don't matter, but I want to satisfy at least ONE dumb curiosity today...  

I know she doesn't post in real time, but I want to know mostly why they can't just be normal people who do normal things. (I probably don't REALLY want to know that, do I?)

They went on their “double date “ the same day they delivered the “smilies”.

Edited by ginger90
11 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

They went on their “double date “ the same day they delivered the “smilies”.

Ahhhh okay that makes sense then.  I was thinking they tried to present it was "we were so tired after our trip, we took a lunch trip 3 hours out of our way instead of seeing our children..." (WHICH... to be fair, would not be out of the realm of Jill's world...)

It's been a week of non-thinking for me, sorry.   Life will get better and I'll start thinking again, I promise! :)

• Like 5

Why is one girl holding a stuffed chicken? (I guess it looks better than a dirty rag.) Why do they just stand there while playing other people's music?  Surely no one thinks that music is coming from them.  This is most strange.  Does Jill expect "love gifts" from people who just look at them standing in front of the church?  Does she somehow think just being in her family's presence is enough to make folks want to give them money and gifts?  I don't get it.  But then, I don't "get" Jill's mind, either.

• Like 5
  • LOL 6
(edited)
36 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Why is one girl holding a stuffed chicken? (I guess it looks better than a dirty rag.) Why do they just stand there while playing other people's music?  Surely no one thinks that music is coming from them.  This is most strange.  Does Jill expect "love gifts" from people who just look at them standing in front of the church?  Does she somehow think just being in her family's presence is enough to make folks want to give them money and gifts?  I don't get it.  But then, I don't "get" Jill's mind, either.

They weren't playing other people's music in the church. They were playing their usual stuff. When Jill posted the video on her facebook, instead of the sound from the actual video, she overlaid other music over it. A few people in the comments were confused, but I don't think they are the most tech savvy people. I think it's a new skill she learned as she did that with a bunch of her Punta Cana videos. 

I'm guessing the chicken was a prop for their song about heterosexual farm animals. 

Edited by all fall down
  • Like 8
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
9 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill's response to some confused friends regarding the music: 

image.thumb.png.3326b757dc299dc3424fa0d6d4c4f246.png

So Jill is now thinking people on her SM might be getting tired of hearing them again, but not too long ago she posted about not wanting to give up the "praising" part of their ministry because it would be such a disappointment to all those grift churches.

The same 10 people at Pastor Nathan Keller's church aren't tired of hearing them?? They have been grifting at some of the same churches for 10 years. Maybe those people would like some "music laid over" and not hear the rods again.

• Like 16

If she thinks people are tired of hearing her family sing, she could…not post videos of them singing. 

This has to up there if strangest things she’s done for sure.

• Like 15
  • LOL 9

I literally cannot imagine hugging my kids first.   Plus they had that day long layover.   They couldn't rest then?

For domestic flights I leave a minimum of 3-4 hours between connecting flights.   I don't want to have to run between gates.   I would double that for international travel.

DBD might have flown international before - but do you really think he paid attention to how it worked -- and remembered it?   That would require effort.

• Like 14
14 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

DBD might have flown international before - but do you really think he paid attention to how it worked -- and remembered it?   That would require effort.

This is a good point.

Dave and Nurie went with some missioncation church tour group that most likely did all the planning, booked the flights and all. It has also been about 6 yrs since that trip. Dave would remember to the number how many tracts he gave away on that trip and probably zero about the actual trip logistics.

• Like 14
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Huh, my job doesn't repay me for my work, they straight up pay me. Oh and its in the form of real money, available in my bank account every two weeks. Money that can be spent anywhere.

IKR she is thrilled to get a $5 bag as a reward lol. Or a trip that she paid 10x more than what it’s worth lol. Jill is a dimwit.

And the kids look even more malnourished in the last video The younger 3-4 girls do not do anything so that’s why Sammers isn’t graduating or leaving home next year either. If Rene gets married and Sammers leaves there is no more band. Soon it will be Jill and a few bored daughter’s who don’t give a rats ass about performing.

Look at Tessie she is so over it lol. 

• Like 12
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)

It seems like the fundie family bands follow a predictable formula that mirrors how they treat their umpteen kids in general

1- Oldest (girls mostly). Fairly decent. Can play, if not particularly well. There is usually one kid who is pretty good (Jill's harp, Erin's piano)

2- Middles: Can play...sort of, but don't seem to progress beyond can play the notes, most of the time

3- The littles: can hold an instrument (no one ever seems to actually teach them to play). Can yell/sing cutesy songs about Jesus (and sometimes America). Never seem to develop farther than cute kids who "sing".

Edited by satrunrose
  • Like 18
  • Applause 2
3 hours ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

Is the daughter on the right the one who had her hair horribly hacked off by Mahmo? If so, it looks a lot better now that it's grown out a bit (and maybe had professional help to clean up). 

It looks like Renee, the Rodlet who got the awful haircut, courtesy of the "professional" in the barndo (who is also a whiz with eyebrows). 

Renee can't afford a salon haircut and Mahmo would be angry if anyone offered to give her one, so I doubt anything is fixed.

• Like 6
  • Sad 5
10 hours ago, all fall down said:

They weren't playing other people's music in the church. They were playing their usual stuff. When Jill posted the video on her facebook, instead of the sound from the actual video, she overlaid other music over it. A few people in the comments were confused, but I don't think they are the most tech savvy people. I think it's a new skill she learned as she did that with a bunch of her Punta Cana videos. 

I'm guessing the chicken was a prop for their song about heterosexual farm animals. 

Thanks.  That makes more sense (if "sense" can be used regarding a Jill situation.)

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
15 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

How is Rene supposed to catch a new hunky GYM with hair looking like that? And she is usually dressed in mismatched rags? Mahmo should spend some $ so she can marry off Rene…

I think Rene is the designated Jana.   The one who will stay home and take care of the littles, then the grandchildren, then the parents when they can no longer care for themselves.    Very Victorian of them.

• Like 4
  • Sad 9
21 hours ago, all fall down said:

It doesn't matter what the real story is, to Jill, it is Frontiers fault.  

• Like 18
10 hours ago, all fall down said:

My grands own that same rubber chicken. It makes a most annoying sound and I have hidden the damn thing many times.

When we visit next weekend to help them make scout derby cars, the chicken will appear again and I will hide it again. They like to taunt me with the thing. 🤣 I repay the favor by putting crazy songs on their individual amazon echo repeat list.... sometimes I fail there because they decide they like things like Tutti Frutti or It's Raining Tacos

• LOL 16
(edited)
30 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

My grands own that same rubber chicken. It makes a most annoying sound and I have hidden the damn thing many times.

When we visit next weekend to help them make scout derby cars, the chicken will appear again and I will hide it again. They like to taunt me with the thing. 🤣 I repay the favor by putting crazy songs on their individual amazon echo repeat list.... sometimes I fail there because they decide they like things like Tutti Frutti or It's Raining Tacos

If only the little girls would learn how to play the rubber chicken. . . We could get gems like this: 

Edited by LilJen
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 15