Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Jill is a nutty hoarder who has 0 decoration skillz. Anytime anyone walks around in the bathroom something falls down. 

It’s too much stuff in there. And why a chair? It’s so ridiculous.

• Like 13
  • Applause 4
(edited)

Someone did comment on her bathroom post. They thought the decorating was cute (ugh), but asked how she manages to clean/dust it all. No response yet from Jillybean, Master Decorator.

Edited to add: I am totally saying this part in my mind in the style of Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute. IYKYK

Edited by Turquoise
Added a thought I couldn't get out of my head :)
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 13
44 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I assume that at some time Jill has posted pictures of whatever bathroom all the kids use. Or do they have one for the girls and one for the boys?

She has posted before and after pics at some point. The boys have the bathroom that was already in the barndo when they bought it. Handiest hubby ever built a bathroom in the girl bedroom. I seem to recall it had 2 sinks.

I can't find the pics right off. But both rooms had been overly decorated in the usual Jill style.

A question on Jill's bathroom. Didn't she used to have the colorful pail thingy with each pail holding a roll of tp?

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

She has posted before and after pics at some point. The boys have the bathroom that was already in the barndo when they bought it. Handiest hubby ever built a bathroom in the girl bedroom. I seem to recall it had 2 sinks.

I can't find the pics right off. But both rooms had been overly decorated in the usual Jill style.

A question on Jill's bathroom. Didn't she used to have the colorful pail thingy with each pail holding a roll of tp?

Yes to the pail with tp. I think it was stainless steel buckets or something.

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 4
  • LOL 3
32 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

She probably dumped that on Kaylee & Jonathan!

• LOL 8
3 hours ago, BetyBee said:

That bathroom is a nightmare! How do her children manage to clean it to Jill's satisfaction with all of that crap everywhere?

Just think of the layers of hairspray they have to scrub off from every single plastic petal on all those stupid fake flowers....

10 minutes ago, Abmis said:

Jill says that one of their uses for the bathroom chair is to sit and take a breath.  The last place on earth where I want to take a breath is in a bathroom that Dave uses. 

Honestly!  Even if it was Jill's personal and private bathroom, placing a "reading nook" 2 feet away from a toilet is - well, I guess it's Jill.  I hope none of her children have a potty emergency while she's reclining in her yellow chair "taking a breath."

• Like 3
  • LOL 13

I have a large bathroom, and I have a wooden chair in it, but it is not for sitting (or reading or breathing).  It is for holding clothes while I am in the shower.  And I have plenty of room for it.  And I certainly don't have Dollar Store baskets all over.   She must have hit a 50 cents sale and stocked up.  I really don't understand.  That bathroom is pretty useless.

• Like 18

I can't say I've never said a prayer in my bathroom, but it's not a formal thing like in Jill's private bathroom, more to do with taking care of business on the throne! We don't have a fecal chair. Perhaps I should do a google search to find one? 😉

• LOL 13
37 minutes ago, Madtown said:

Hold up. Do you mean to tell me that all these years that Mr. Madtown and I have been married, we should have had a chair in our bathroom for praying? So when hubby is on the toilet, I should be praying that everything comes out ok? Got it Jill. I'm off to put the chair in there!

Funny thing is, there is a place to put one up against the wall, directly facing the toilet. 🤣

Don’t forget to put on the chair; a white throw rug on the back and a yellow pillow lol

• LOL 12
40 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I can't say I've never said a prayer in my bathroom, but it's not a formal thing like in Jill's private bathroom, more to do with taking care of business on the throne! We don't have a fecal chair. Perhaps I should do a google search to find one? 😉

Oh dear. I Googled it, lol. An adult potty chair pops up.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 15

Hey Jill,

If you love being organized think of all of the room you’d have if you got rid of all of the extraneous “decor” you have in all three bathrooms!!

• Applause 15
2 hours ago, Abmis said:

Jill says that one of their uses for the bathroom chair is to sit and take a breath.  The last place on earth where I want to take a breath is in a bathroom that Dave uses. 

No kidding!  Jill's probably as bad, considering she chugs Plexass all day.

P U !!!  🤮

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

I just sang 

say a little prayer for you 

lol

• LOL 10
1 hour ago, Madtown said:

Hold up. Do you mean to tell me that all these years that Mr. Madtown and I have been married, we should have had a chair in our bathroom for praying? So when hubby is on the toilet, I should be praying that everything comes out ok? Got it Jill. I'm off to put the chair in there!

Funny thing is, there is a place to put one up against the wall, directly facing the toilet. 🤣

The set up of their bathroom tells me those 2 have some problems pooping.  And maybe need a cheerleader hence the chair.

• LOL 17

If she’d replace the wall mirrors with mirrored medicine cabinets, she might have some storage capacity that didn’t involve dust collecting baskets.   

I do not understand her desire to have so much dust collecting items everywhere.  With as many kids as they have and how often they travel, minimizing  clean up needs should be a priority.   Besides the fact that most people with not enough money don’t buy things like useless decorations.  

• Like 20
  • Applause 1

Jill does her radio show and her Minute with Jill video rants from the fecal chair. She must have a camera and a mike in there too. Yuck. 

Is Janessa still in the windowless nursery? I'm a little surprised Jill hasn't moved her out and into the girls' room now that Nurie and Kaylee are elsewhere. That room would a quiet place to keep the Plexus stuff and have her little recording studio. Unfortunately, the nursery seems to be a shrine to her pregnancies, so last-baby Janessa may be in there for a while. I hope she's not still in the crib. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 2
2 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Is Janessa still in the windowless nursery? I'm a little surprised Jill hasn't moved her out and into the girls' room now that Nurie and Kaylee are elsewhere. That room would a quiet place to keep the Plexus stuff and have her little recording studio. Unfortunately, the nursery seems to be a shrine to her pregnancies, so last-baby Janessa may be in there for a while. I hope she's not still in the crib. 

I think "baby" Janessa might still be sleeping in there based on Jill"s videos. She sometimes show Janessa in her bedroom at night. Janessa "reading" and Janessa playing and making things out of tissues on Jill's nightstand are 2 recent ones. Hunk was sleeping in the bed in both videos.

But Janessa has also been shown sleeping under Jill's desk in the dining room to be close to mama....

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 10

From the title of Jill's youtube video where i found the bathroom pics, I would suggest we add - "bardominium" building - to our list of Jill speak.

No idea if that need different quotation marks to make it right in that sentence since she has it "barndominium" building 😂

• LOL 9
20 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I can only imagine what time BME wakes up.  Noon?  1:00 or 2:00 pm?

She sleeps until all of the housework/yardwork/etc. is done.

I was looking at a recent picture of Sofia today and that child has had 2 front top teeth and 2 front bottom teeth missing for at least a year.  The same thing happened with Sadie.  Someone is either pulling their teeth way too soon or they’re so undernourished/malnourished that they don’t have the nutrients necessary to grow permanent teeth.  Hunk and BME are horrible parents.  BTW, Jill is partying it up with friends again this weekend. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 11
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

I think Jill has the runs and hunk is constipated. Maybe she sits next to him in the bathroom feeding him prunes and laxatives.

Gross!  Giving me Whitney Houston, Bobby Brown, and her doody bubble vibes. 
~~~~~
Too much open space. Jilly would’ve filled it w/more crap. 

IMG_0023.jpeg

• LOL 15
6 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Girl's bathroom

Screenshot (559).png

Screenshot (560).png

Screenshot (561).png

That mirror being misaligned to the right sink is making me twitchy. Great job with the light switch placement, Dave 🙄

• Like 5
  • LOL 12
10 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Agreed! And that's the bathroom used exclusively by Jill and David. That's a LOT of stuff for two people to have in their bathroom. What's in all the bins? Jill's makeup and hair products? 

I assume that at some time Jill has posted pictures of whatever bathroom all the kids use. Or do they have one for the girls and one for the boys? I suspect that whether it's one bathroom or two, the floor space and amenities don't match up to the space that the parents' "private space" bathroom occupies. 

I am going to judge Jill for the chair by the toilet - with its upholstery absorbing all those micro-contaminants released by the toilet with each flush (I doubt that David closes the lid first). Now I'm thinking twice about ever buying any used upholstered furniture. 😨

I remember Jill saying that she liked to sit in that chair and nurse Janessa. 🤢

• Mind Blown 7
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 1

Instead of that fecal chair and the other crap on the wall above it, Dave should have built a bathroom closet with a door. Most of Jill's beauty tools would have fit in it and they would have been stored out of site. This bathroom is an unsanitary disaster IMO. The suggestion of hanging mirrored medicine cabinets rather than wall mirrors without any storage in them is a great idea also.

• Like 17
(edited)
14 hours ago, Kbo said:

That mirror being misaligned to the right sink is making me twitchy. Great job with the light switch placement, Dave 🙄

From what I've seen done they have to be attached to the studs in the wall. They cannot just be stuck in a hole cut in wallboard without support. [They being the electrical boxes for outlets and light switches.] The position of the mirror was apparently determined by where the electrical had to go.

Edited by Dehumidifier
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2

On Jill's FB page, she received compliments on her decorating "skills". Of course she wouldn't allow negative comments to remain, so we don't see any of those. This woman is the very definition of main character syndrome and narcissism. She loves her own image so much!

• Like 13
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
17 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

She sleeps until all of the housework/yardwork/etc. is done.

I was looking at a recent picture of Sofia today and that child has had 2 front top teeth and 2 front bottom teeth missing for at least a year.  The same thing happened with Sadie.  Someone is either pulling their teeth way too soon or they’re so undernourished/malnourished that they don’t have the nutrients necessary to grow permanent teeth.  Hunk and BME are horrible parents.  BTW, Jill is partying it up with friends again this weekend. 

With Sofia, her permanent teeth may be so misaligned (nobody’s fault) that they aren’t able to come in. With regular dental care and X-rays, BME would know about this and be seeking orthodontic care. (This happened to my kid. Permanent teeth were damn near sideways. Needed some oral surgery and chains and all the fun stuff.)

• Like 11
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, LilJen said:

With Sofia, her permanent teeth may be so misaligned (nobody’s fault) that they aren’t able to come in. With regular dental care and X-rays, BME would know about this and be seeking orthodontic care. (This happened to my kid. Permanent teeth were damn near sideways. Needed some oral surgery and chains and all the fun stuff.)

Her lower teeth aren't coming in, either. She's had that huge gaping hole in her mouth for close to a year. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 11
3 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

From what I've seen done they have to be attached to the studs in the wall. They cannot just be stuck in a hole cut in wallboard without support. [They being the electrical boxes for outlets and light switches.] The position of the mirror was apparently determined by where the electrical had to go.

All I know is that in the vast majority of cases, a professional contractor could find a way to have the sink and mirrors lined up correctly. I couldn’t live with that, it would drive me insane. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 2

Jill and Dave are probably happy Sofia’s permanent teeth haven’t come in. It is most likely difficult for her to chew and therefore less food is consumed.

As for the bathroom mirrors, Jill is probably too busy looking at her reflection in the mirrors to notice that they aren’t aligned. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 6