Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I wonder what family "dinners" around the Rod table are like? The kids watch as David dips up first, Jill second and the kids fight over the scant remainders - that's what I picture anyway!

• Like 5
  • Sad 11
(edited)

Is this how you catch a hunk? Post pics of your own feet on Instagram?

3F6AF6C6-B0D8-491C-9DEE-97D3D6D74127.jpeg

Her feet look very swollen. The ring is cutting off her circulation. And the sexy anklet. She really is going for seduction of hunks!

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 5
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 8
17 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I'm very glad they look so happy.  I agree, the dress is a "choice", but it could be so, so much worse.  I'm also very happy that I do not have to live Nurie's lifestyle.

I think her dress is pretty. It’s probably light weight so relatively cool. 

I don’t have to worry about sunburn but I wear more clothes in the summer time than the average person because I FREEZE inside of air conditioned buildings. I’d rather be a bit warm walking in somewhere than freeze half the day. 

• Like 7

Jill can carry that little bag on her Hawaiian cruise. Oh wait . . . .

I used to wear toe rings when they were popular in the '80s? '90s?, but mine slid down the toe, not stuffed on the end. I'm waiting for the post in the emergency room where she's waiting to get the ring cut off so she might have a chance to save her toe. 

Isn't Plexus a diuretic? Why does she look so puffy if she's really drinking that stuff? 

• Like 15
  • Love 1
(edited)

Some people just have puffy feet. With Jill and the way the toe ring fits, I have to wonder when the last time she removed it was. 🤢 

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 6
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill can carry that little bag on her Hawaiian cruise. Oh wait . . . .

I used to wear toe rings when they were popular in the '80s? '90s?, but mine slid down the toe, not stuffed on the end. I'm waiting for the post in the emergency room where she's waiting to get the ring cut off so she might have a chance to save her toe. 

Isn't Plexus a diuretic? Why does she look so puffy if she's really drinking that stuff? 

The last time I wore a toe ring was probably in the early 2000s, when my daughter was about 12 or 13, and we'd go to the mall, where the only things cheap enough to convince her to part with her money were at Claire's. We would get an assortment of whatever sparkly trinkets we could find for $1 each ( preferably less). She still hates spending money, and I still like sparkly trinkets, but have not set foot in a Claire's in a good 20 years. No particular Rod content here, sorry, except that Mahmo's toe ring and anklet just whisked me back.

• Like 11
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Some people just have puffy feet. With Jill and the way the toe ring fits, I have to wonder when the last time she removed it was. 🤢 

Her hands are puffy and bloated also. 

• Like 12
5 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Her feet look very swollen. The ring is cutting off her circulation. And the sexy anklet. She really is going for seduction of hunks!

So off on another vacation they really can't afford if they want to get a new RV. Jill's really banking on the grift, isn't she?

• Like 13
On 7/28/2023 at 9:17 AM, oliviabenson said:

Jill is the toxic person lol. 

A3073224-5BCE-4DAD-B92D-328794C452B5.jpeg

Jill’s lack of self awareness is a nightmare to all, and apparently bulletproof as well.

• Like 13
5 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Those are HER feet? 

I thought surely they must belong to her hunk because of how swollen they are.

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
5 hours ago, merylinkid said:

HAhahahahahahahaha.   She is so not getting the Hawaii trip if this is all she managed.  

I wonder how big that bag is.  Is it fanny pack size? Bigger? It does look small. I want to see her using it. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, beckie said:

Those are HER feet? 

I thought surely they must belong to her hunk because of how swollen they are.

Unless Dave  has a pedicure and a toe ring!

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 1
  • LOL 6
25 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I wonder how big that bag is.  Is it fanny pack size? Bigger? It does look small. I want to see her using it. 

Next video Jill will point her finger at it and it will be full of plexus samples! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

i'm guessing it's a knockoff of the popular lululemon belt bag that all the kids are using now.  lots of places are selling the dupes of them and this actually looks like one of the better ones.  

that said.. i wonder if they're gifting any of the stanley 40oz tumbler dupes that all the boss babes of instagram/tiktok are showing off lol 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

I know there is a significant (and disgusting) age gap between Jill & David.  Has it ever been mentioned what he did prior to meeting her?  I'm just wondering if he's ever had a job.  Well, not that he has one now, so...

• LOL 1

Pretty sure Dave wanted a sheltered/naive/brainwashed/uneducated/meek wife.

He found Jill and voila has a family which is ruled by him and is under his thumb. 

Dave is such a creep and not a catch whatsoever, he is a lazy and evil by raising his kids so poorly with no life skills and uneducated. 

• Like 8

A1A7213B-6029-4983-AE5A-0B9F57F143BD.jpeg

Hallelujah!  David and I felt at the END of ourselves. 😢  So many battles of life. 💔  The weight is sometimes crushing......UNTIL, we knelt down to pray together.  🙏  

We poured our hearts out to God.  
We gave our burdens to Him.  
We thanked Him for the MANY blessings He has given us!  
We trusted Him.

He then gave answers and relief.  David did research.  He took a step of faith to fix our RV with the boys rather than take it in to mechanic.  As of right now, we think it is fixed.  🤞🤞  Please pray with us that the problem has been solved through the guidance of sweet Jesus and my AMAZING husband and sons!  🥰🥰🥰  We are blessed!  😉😊

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 18
45 minutes ago, Trillium said:

That’s a lot of words to say “We watched a RV repair video on YouTube”

God does instructional videos on the internet apparently. 

Even with such divine instruction, Jill isn't confident the van is fixed. Keep your finger on the Donate button. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 10

Hubby says the part David is holding looks like a water pump. Since the van was overheating, it makes sense. 

Since Dave doesn't know what he's doing, the first trip out could be it. I kind of hope the inevitable breakdown happens on Jill's much-needed vacation to Florida, in which she plans to frighten Nemo and Newbie and empty Nathan's wallet with boat rides, visits to theme parks, and dinners at the nice Olive Garden.

• Like 14
  • LOL 6

I know Jill and Hunk are willfully stupid but you'd think in self-preservation their sons could take lessons on car repair.  I guess grifting is easier and more profitable.

• Like 19
4 minutes ago, wilsie said:

I know Jill and Hunk are willfully stupid but you'd think in self-preservation their sons could take lessons on car repair.  I guess grifting is easier and more profitable.

Too bad Jill hasn't put her grifting talents to use to get those lessons for her sons. No way, of course, would the Lord Daniel want her to pay, like, real money for such things.

• Like 11
  • LOL 1
(edited)

My husband likes to fix things to save money. He does well on automobiles, fairly well on other machinery like lawnmowers and snowblowers, and not stunningly on household appliances. I usually have to step in and order a replacement or a repair for those.  

Unlike the Hunk, my husband always had a job until he retired, and now he still does occasional small jobs for pocket money and something to do. He doesn't sit around waiting for me to sell overpriced drink mixes or beg for money so we can take frequent vacations we don't need and can't afford. 

1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Too bad Jill hasn't put her grifting talents to use to get those lessons for her sons. No way, of course, would the Lord Daniel want her to pay, like, real money for such things.

Jill doesn't want her children to be more skilled and educated than she and Hunk are, a low bar, for sure. These two losers have BIG egos to protect. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Like 18
  • Love 1

From the RV repair video. The Barndo now has an office entry for.... what exactly?? All those customers who drive up and want to order printing? Want to pick up Smileys??

Screenshot (481).png

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 14
2 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

From the RV repair video. The Barndo now has an office entry for.... what exactly?? All those customers who drive up and want to order printing? Want to pick up Smileys??

Screenshot (481).png

Maybe people want Jill to cut and color their hair or to drop off some laundry for Lord Daniel to wash, dry, and fold. I'm assuming the "beauty" salon and the washers/dryers (and who knows what else) are still in the back of the print shop establishment. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
8 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Maybe people want Jill to cut and color their hair or to drop off some laundry for Lord Daniel to wash, dry, and fold. I'm assuming the "beauty" salon and the washers/dryers (and who knows what else) are still in the back of the print shop establishment. 

After Jill’s makeover 

30102A97-1BC6-418C-9EBC-B18ABF231993.jpeg

• Like 2
  • LOL 21
16 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Screenshot (481).png

Jill thinks it makes her appear officious, not that she would realize that being called officious is actually an insult.

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

My husband likes to fix things to save money. He does well on automobiles, fairly well on other machinery like lawnmowers and snowblowers, and not stunningly on household appliances. I usually have to step in and order a replacement or a repair for those.  

Unlike the Hunk, my husband always had a job until he retired, and now he still does occasional small jobs for pocket money and something to do. He doesn't sit around waiting for me to sell overpriced drink mixes or beg for money so we can take frequent vacations we don't need and can't afford. 

Jill doesn't want her children to be more skilled and educated than she and Hunk are, a low bar, for sure. These two losers have BIG egos to protect. 

I would think having successful, educated offspring would profit Jill much more in the bragging rights department, and would make her look better to others (which seems very important to her).  "My son is a famous brain surgeon and my daughter is a famous writer" would put her on the map.  Now, I realize none of her kids would ever pass med school or be able to write a paragraph in real life, but, with proper education and examples of a work ethic, who knows what these kids could have been.  At least they could have had careers and not not dependent on grifting.  I guess what I am trying to say is that these kids have never had a chance in life, and being told they are doing "God's work"  by singing and begging is just sad.

• Like 2
  • Applause 14

Jill is allergic to actual work so no way she would actually cut hair or laundry or babysitting or anything for $.

She sends her sons to work. Too bad she didn’t birth 13 sons. 

What’s sad is that she didn’t even bother to educate her sons so she could take all their $. No trained electricians or plumbers for the Rodrigues sons. 

• Like 11
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Screenshot (481).png

That sign was on the door when they bought the house. The house used the be a auto repair shop/showroom. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 7
(edited)

It's not clear exactly what the male Rodlets do except for Phillip. 

I seriously believe Jill and David, consciously or not, don't want their kids to have a better life than they do. They've deluded themselves into thinking going to work and earning a living is somehow beneath such godly people as themselves. The truth is they're just lazy and full of their own importance. 

Ironically, it's OK for Jonathan to work full time in a company and give money to his useless in-laws. Tim once had a calling to be a pilot but that seems to be gone. I'm not sure how much effort he put into getting the licenses he needed, but being handicapped by a fifth-grade education and parents with their hands out for money all the time didn't set him up for success. 

I've seen many poor families who value education and do their best to help their children have more than they had. It doesn't always work, but it can't hurt.  

Rant over. 

Edited by BradandJanet
typo
  • Like 11
  • Applause 8
  • Love 2