Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

On 6/21/2023 at 7:09 PM, farmgal4 said:

DBD doesn’t eat one-half of anything.  That slug doesn’t even leave crumbs.  I’m convinced that he soothes his misery with all the food, every last crumb of it.

He is a failure so I’m not surprised.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

Why couldn’t they just have “dessert” at the nice Olive Garden? Don’t they have those buy one, get one half off deals or something? I haven’t been to a fast food joint in years, but I can’t imagine walking into a BK and seeing this freakish group of people sitting there in full Mama’s Family costuming, praying and carrying on about virginity. I honestly would think they were a theater troupe rehearsing a play on their break.

• Like 2
  • LOL 21

One was an eagle because there were jokes at the time about rubbing the purity eagle to banish lustful thoughts. 😂

Also an elk. 

Both are seen in the pic of them all sitting at the table in the pic Jill posted.

• LOL 8
11 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

One was an eagle because there were jokes at the time about rubbing the purity eagle to banish lustful thoughts. 😂

Also an elk. 

Both are seen in the pic of them all sitting at the table in the pic Jill posted.

Eagles stay with one mate until death of one so that's somewhat understandable but elks?  Have the Rodrigui ever heard of their rutting season?  their battles to obtain the best females?

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

Why couldn’t they just have “dessert” at the nice Olive Garden? Don’t they have those buy one, get one half off deals or something? I haven’t been to a fast food joint in years, but I can’t imagine walking into a BK and seeing this freakish group of people sitting there in full Mama’s Family costuming, praying and carrying on about virginity. I honestly would think they were a theater troupe rehearsing a play on their break.

I was wondering that too. Olive Garden has some good desserts. Why leave there to go to Burger King? For what? A shake? 

• Like 10
1 hour ago, andromeda331 said:

I was wondering that too. Olive Garden has some good desserts. Why leave there to go to Burger King? For what? A shake? 

Maybe they were asked to leave and have their sermons elsewhere?

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

In Re: the purity bracelets, I don’t think I’ve seen either of the girls wear them since. I thought the purity “gift” was a silver ring that girls were to wear all the time until their wedding day?  As an outward showing of their oh-so-desirable purity?  I believe the whole program was called the “silver ring thing” when I was younger.  These bracelets are neither rings nor silver. And way too clunky for 24/7 wear.  Not surprisingly for Jill, very unpractical.  

• Like 8
13 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I’ll bet that when Jill and David dine alone at the “good” Olive Garden, they always order dessert (in David’s case, probably more than one).  But waste money on expensive desserts for their  children?  When the kids should consider themselves lucky to split a Burger King shake? Never!

By the way, I’ve always wondered just what makes one particular Olive Garden the “good” one. They all look alike to me.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

We should all let her know and then send cards that say dear ma and pa you have raised a first class grifter who starves and doesn't educate her children. You should be so proud. ( or ashamed) knowing jilly would read them and ma and pa would never see them

• Like 13
  • Applause 5
28 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Yep.  That was my first thought when I read the post.

Presumably, Jill is home, wondering what she's going to do with all the cowgirl costumes she had to buy for her self-indulgent trip to Nashville. The barndo's cashbox must be looking pretty sad right now. 

Ta da! Grandma and Grandpa need cards and cash. Send them to the NICE daughter, Jillybean, and she'll take care of everything. 

• Like 7
  • Fire 5
(edited)

Jillybean Grifty Plexus-Rodrigues

P.O. Box 69 

Plexus, Ohio 66666

Send Olive Garden gift cards and $ so me and my neato hardworking hunky Davy can have sexy neato dates! 

Thanks a bunch!

Jillybean cowgirl godly woman Rodrigues! 

Edited by oliviabenson
  • LOL 13
37 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Jillybean Grifty Plexus-Rodrigues

P.O. Box 69 

Plexus, Ohio 66666

Send Olive Garden gift cards and $ so me and my neato hardworking hunky Davy can have sexy neato dates! 

Thanks a bunch!

Jillybean cowgirl godly woman Rodrigues! 

You forgot Nashville recording artist in her name. 

• LOL 16
16 minutes ago, ChristmasCandy said:

Dear DBD and BME,

Did you hear that Olive Garden is closing restaurants? I wonder if your good Olive Garden is on the list to be closed?

Love a person who feeds and schools her kids.

The NICE Olive Garden was in West Virginia. I don't know if they've found one in Wooster. Jill is all about the Amish now. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
27 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm surprised neither the Rods or Lawson have tried out for AGT. Or maybe they have and didn't even make the embarrassingly bad cut.

I'm surprised that Lawson never tried out for American Idol when he was young enough. He certainly thought he was the shit when BUB was still a thing. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm surprised neither the Rods or Lawson have tried out for AGT. Or maybe they have and didn't even make the embarrassingly bad cut.

I would love to see that! Lol! 

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
57 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I'm surprised that Lawson never tried out for American Idol when he was young enough. He certainly thought he was the shit when BUB was still a thing. 

Apparently he still does because he refuses to get a job.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, ChristmasCandy said:

Dear DBD and BME,

Did you hear that Olive Garden is closing restaurants? I wonder if your good Olive Garden is on the list to be closed?

Love a person who feeds and schools her kids.

I did a quick Google check, and perhaps a few restaurants have closed, but not a systemic closing.

• Useful 1
40 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I would love to see that! Lol! 

I would be concerned that if the Rodrigues family tried to get on AGT when they failed ( and they would) the children would be blamed and either punished or humiliated. I can hear it now " we lost and it's your fault so that means we have to cut back on food and will not be able to run the heater this winter. "

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, ChristmasCandy said:

Was it here someone called Olive Garden the Italian Denny's?

If so, I have to thank you because that pops into my head now every time Olive Garden comes up here. I have shared that with my daughter and DIL and we all just find it hilariously accurate as a description for Olive Garden whether it's a NICE one or not.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 10
4 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

And Timothy Rodrigues 🤣🤣🤣

I’d pay $10 for that horror music show 

Heck, if you and everyone else who thought that was a funny idea did the same, they would still make way more off the enterprise than it was ever worth. Anyone remember, back in one of the first seasons of American Idol, there was that  guy whose tone-deaf audition of "She Bangs", was so horrendous that he made quite a career off it for a couple of years. Well at least he had a winning personality 

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
On 6/23/2023 at 3:07 PM, crazy8s said:

The boy version of the purity event. 

Someone commented "I hope they stay pure during and after marriage too! I think you mean stay virgins"  🤣

Screenshot (436).png

Screenshot (437).png

Shut up Jill with your purity talks and crying bullshit. You are completely exhausting and the fakiest fake that ever faked...

• Like 10
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

8E3C3D90-803F-4D3A-BDF8-7F8F0623048A.jpeg

Aka send me the card with $ that I can take for myself hehe. So neat! (Smile)

That is not a good photo of Pa!  Jill and Timothy look so much like him!

• Like 4

Jill has new pics/videos of all of them at a lake, where she is spending “quality time” with the kids.  I want you to look at the clothes The Waifs are wearing.  My mother wouldn’t have let me walk out of the house dressed like that.  It’s pathetic how little she cares about those girls.

• Like 2
  • Sad 14
38 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Weirdest Rod picture ever 

B8569BB5-53A6-4281-B9A8-8083461CA606.jpeg

Even in her kissing pictures,  she still has to be the center of attention.  This picture is gross enough,  without having to actually see her, too.

• Like 6
  • Applause 10
  • LOL 4