Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

My siblings and our friends did this sort of costume parade thing in our driveway back in the 70s. The difference being we were all in the 5-8yr old range. Never would have happened when we were older than that.  How embarrassing for Samuel, Renee, Gabriel. I think Amy's son Gunnar(?) is 14 or 15.

Samuel's pants seem several sizes too big in the waist - it looks like he has the belt cinched to hold them up.

Kaylee was the lucky one who didn't have to participate except to sit along the side and use a second phone to take video of the fiasco.

We did bicycle parades in our neighborhood, but it was done by the kids (well except there was always that one parent, lol).

We would dress up our bikes with streamers, playing cards in the spokes, pinwheels, whatever we could find lying around the house (or even the woods). We would parade up and down the street ringing our bells and blowing our horns, riding in figure 8s, maybe over a small homemade ramp, etc. We would continue riding and having fun long after the parents and neighbors went back inside.

It was us kids having fun. JillR's parade was all about JillR's parade.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 6

So Jill and the family took yet another vacation trip. I guess these "strenuous" financial times aren't as bad for them as Jill claims since they can afford to drive the gas-guzzling stink mobile wherever they want. Maybe this trip provided at least one opportunity to share their musical skills for a free lunch and some gas money. 

Jill, get your young children some shoes that fit. Surely, you can afford two-dollar kids' shoes at a thrift store. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 6
31 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

And if she falls wearing those too big shoes, she has plenty of padding to protect her.

Unfortunately, it does nothing to prevent the more likely foot and ankle injuries.  I remember my mother refused to let us walk around in her shoes when we dressed-up.

• Sad 4
  • Useful 1

Shoes that are too big or too small can cause all kinds of distress. Blisters, which can lead to infection, and hammer toes, as examples, which can be caused by shoes that are too small or too big, because when they’re  too big one may curl their toes to grip the shoes.

• Sad 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I hope not, they do not need plexus slim. None of those kids do. 

She doesn't feed them inexpensive foods, there's no way she gives them anything from her precious, expensive Plexus stash unless it's to promote Mama's 'business' and even then it's just for show.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

The poor Rod kids must dread every holiday.  Jill is, no joke, a f’ing lunatic.  No one in their right mind would enjoy that pathetic “parade”.

Especially Renee. Poor girl,

• Sad 8
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I hope not, they do not need plexus slim. None of those kids do. 

No one does, because it doesn’t work. Probably contains a bunch of caffeine and sugar.

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

We did bicycle parades in our neighborhood, but it was done by the kids (well except there was always that one parent, lol).

We would dress up our bikes with streamers, playing cards in the spokes, pinwheels, whatever we could find lying around the house (or even the woods). We would parade up and down the street ringing our bells and blowing our horns, riding in figure 8s, maybe over a small homemade ramp, etc. We would continue riding and having fun long after the parents and neighbors went back inside.

It was us kids having fun. JillR's parade was all about JillR's parade.

This is exactly what we did! One year I rode with my tiny dog in the basket of my decorated bike.

• Like 4
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, CouchTater said:

Isn't Janessa 4?  She looked so confused and unsure of herself in the "parade."  And those crocs were so huge on her feet!  Maybe that's why she was unsure, because she was on the verge of doing a face plant?

One of the Rodlets didn't even have on shoes.  A lot of the others had on dollar store flip flops.

Frankly, all those kids made me feel sad.  Yikes.

Janessa is unsure of herself because she’s still being treated like a baby 24/7.  Jill talks baby-talk to her, someone is always carrying her on their hip, she eats in a highchair, she carries around a dirty security blanket and sucks her thumb.  I’m betting that she also still sleeps in a crib.  She’s being dumbed-down to fulfill her crazy ass mother’s desire for another baby.  Janessa may be well on her way to being the most damaged child of them all.

• Like 1
  • Sad 26
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 6/29/2022 at 9:38 PM, ginger90 said:

07245E62-C838-413B-BE3F-4296FB2DC33C.jpeg

This reminds me so much of the Brady Bunch movie when they were singing their corny song on the airplane and all the passengers were telling them to sit their asses down. The Bradys were stuck in a 25 year time capsule too. It’d be funny if the Rod kids weren’t being forced to do it.

That parade was pitiful. And poor Renee had to strap an upside down old plastic butter container to her waist and beat it like a drum. How embarrassing.

Edited by charmed1
  • Sad 10
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

She doesn't feed them inexpensive foods, there's no way she gives them anything from her precious, expensive Plexus stash unless it's to promote Mama's 'business' and even then it's just for show.

Jill does have the kids pimp the children's vitamins from time to time, but I bet they don't take them. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

This reminds me so much of the Brady Bunch movie when they were singing their corny song on the airplane and all the passengers were telling them to sit their asses down. The Bradys were stuck in a 25 year time capsule too. It’d be funny if the Rod kids weren’t being forced to do it.

That parade was pitiful. And poor Renee had to strap an upside down old plastic butter container to her waist and beat it like a drum. How embarrassing.

Sunshine Day! Great, now that’s my ear worm.

• Wink 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Sarah Maxwell is engaged. 

Saw that last night. Someone with the last name of Ross congratulated her and welcomed her to the family. I'm sure Free Jinger has figured out who the guy is. They're good. 

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Sarah Maxwell is engaged. 

Is she the one that only recently was allowed to live away from her parents? At school or something? And she’s like 35 years old?

(edited)
15 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Is she the one that only recently was allowed to live away from her parents? At school or something? And she’s like 35 years old?

She's 40. She moved out on her own last year. Her two younger sisters were allowed to attend Bible college last year, and one of them has also snagged a man. She's on a mission trip to Africa with him right now.

Looks like Sarah's guy is Kody Bollinger. He's 43, from Oklahoma. The Ross woman is one of Kody's sisters.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Useful 9
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Janessa is unsure of herself because she’s still being treated like a baby 24/7.  Jill talks baby-talk to her, someone is always carrying her on their hip, she eats in a highchair, she carries around a dirty security blanket and sucks her thumb.  I’m betting that she also still sleeps in a crib.  She’s being dumbed-down to fulfill her crazy ass mother’s desire for another baby.  Janessa may be well on her way to being the most damaged child of them all.

I still think she has some delays that are being ignored.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 12
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

If there are delays, I am 100% sure they are. 

I don't think Jill has taken Janessa to the pediatrician doctor since they moved to Ohio. I vaguely remember a blog post from when Janessa was maybe 1 in which Jill bragged that Janessa was hitting all her milestones. She essentially declared it miraculous.

• Sad 10
  • Love 1

That maniacal laugh of Jilldo's is so disturbing.  Wanting to keep that 4 year old a baby is just plain sick.  How can she parade those kids looking so like neglected orphans is mind-boggling.  Hideous creature!

• Sad 7
  • Fire 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I don't think Jill has taken Janessa to the pediatrician doctor since they moved to Ohio. I vaguely remember a blog post from when Janessa was maybe 1 in which Jill bragged that Janessa was hitting all her milestones. She essentially declared it miraculous.

Just as with her SEVERELY torn knee suddenly restoring itself, Jill just announces these cures. Maybe everything is OK. Maybe not. Staying away from public schools, pediatrician doctors, and CPS certainly helps her get away with any convenient fictions about the children. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Just as with her SEVERELY torn knee suddenly restoring itself, Jill just announces these cures. Maybe everything is OK. Maybe not. Staying away from public schools, pediatrician doctors, and CPS certainly helps her get away with any convenient fictions about the children. 

As a mandated reporter, this pisses me off no end. 

Back to Sarah Maxwell, here's the proposal. Note she's in tight ankle jeans, and that there's a FULL FRONTAL HUG. Steve must have had a heart attack when he saw this! 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

As a mandated reporter, this pisses me off no end. 

Back to Sarah Maxwell, here's the proposal. Note she's in tight ankle jeans, and that there's a FULL FRONTAL HUG. Steve must have had a heart attack when he saw this! 😂

For those not wanting to watch the whole hour, the proposal comes around 32 minutes into the video.  
They seem to be attending a fundie youth conference/rally and went onstage to participate in a couples game that turned out to be a proposal.

I hope she's happy, she spent years and years keeping the blog going and doing book keeping for various family businesses.  She also wrote some really terrible fundie children's books where nothing ever happened except dull times and bad grammar, but, overall, she served her time in Stevehovah's prison and deserves to be happy.  The only good thing I can say about Stevehovah is his kids do seem to end up with marketable skills and the entire family seems to be solidly middle class; they found a way to support a huge family with their hateful ministry.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 7
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I don't know anything about the Maxwells...are they as demented as the Rods?  Were they on any of the Duggar shows?  I need a rabbit hole to dive into, I'm bored today.

The Maxwells showed up at Josiah's televised "graduation." They met through the homeschool conference community.

Sorry about the video. When I copied it, it was set to the proper place on the video to set up the proposal. 

• Useful 2
(edited)
23 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I don't know anything about the Maxwells...are they as demented as the Rods?  Were they on any of the Duggar shows?  I need a rabbit hole to dive into, I'm bored today.

I don't believe they were ever specifically featured on the show, but the Maxwells produce the chore packets that were featured on the show in the early days,  They are led by their patriarch, Steve Maxwell, as controlling a fundie a**hole as you are likely to ever encounter.  They ran a business producing a lot of aids to Christian homeschoolers and traveled around the country peddling their wares at various fundie gatherings although they are seemingly not doing much of that anymore. 

They had 8 kids, all of whom are grown; and a bajillion grandkids.  Sarah is their oldest daughter at 40.  Their two youngest daughters, late teens/early 20's, left home for Bible college last fall, leaving them with an empty nest.  This is noteworthy in that Steve long claimed that the kids, especially the girls, were under his headship and would be living at home until they married.  The sons, all of whom bought homes with cash before marrying, mostly lived in the same neighborhood as the parents, most still do.  However, a couple years ago, one of the sons and his wife moved away to Kansas City which was a massive change for them.  I suspect that there has been some rebellion amongst the grown kids and they've moved away from their controlling father's grip.  The girls all dressed like extras from Little House on the Prairie, even as adults; so seeing Sarah in jeans indicates a very big turnaround for her.

https://blog.titus2.com/

Key points to look for:  Mama Terri's 'addiction' to Diet Pepsi, her postpartum depression that was cured by Jesus. Steve's vasectomy reversal despite Terri's history of severe postpartum depression.  Steve's rants that Jesus does not believe in fun and therefore playing games is of the devil.  He also wrote an incredible post after one of their kids was asked a question by the orthodontist treating her about her understanding of the procedures.  Big, big no, no.  The PARENTS are in charge of all treatment and decisions and what the kid thinks/feels is irrelevant and a sign of the impending collapse of civilization.  They can be entertaining and, as I noted, their kids seem to be gainfully employed and have business skills as well as a lot of home repair/remodel abilities. Mama Terri and the girls all seem to know how to cook and their house is quite nice and well-kept.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Useful 9
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Notabug said:

I don't believe they were ever specifically featured on the show, but the Maxwells produce the chore packets that were featured on the show in the early days,  They are led by their patriarch, Steve Maxwell, as controlling a fundie a**hole as you are likely to ever encounter.  They ran a business producing a lot of aids to Christian homeschoolers and traveled around the country peddling their wares at various fundie gatherings although they are seemingly not doing much of that anymore. 

They had 8 kids, all of whom are grown; and a bajillion grandkids.  Sarah is their oldest daughter at 40.  Their two youngest daughters, late teens/early 20's, left home for Bible college last fall, leaving them with an empty nest.  This is noteworthy in that Steve long claimed that the kids, especially the girls, were under his headship and would be living at home until they married.  The sons, all of whom bought homes with cash before marrying, mostly lived in the same neighborhood as the parents, most still do.  However, a couple years ago, one of the sons and his wife moved away to Kansas City which was a massive change for them.  I suspect that there has been some rebellion amongst the grown kids and they've moved away from their controlling father's grip.  The girls all dressed like extras from Little House on the Prairie, even as adults; so seeing Sarah in jeans indicates a very big turnaround for her.

https://blog.titus2.com/

Key points to look for:  Mama Terri's 'addiction' to Diet Pepsi, her postpartum depression that was cured by Jesus. Steve's vasectomy reversal despite Terri's history of severe postpartum depression.  Steve's rants that Jesus does not believe in fun and therefore playing games is of the devil.  He also wrote an incredible post after one of their kids was asked a question by the orthodontist treating her about her understanding of the procedures.  Big, big no, no.  The PARENTS are in charge of all treatment and decisions and what the kid thinks/feels is irrelevant and a sign of the impending collapse of civilization.  They can be entertaining and, as I noted, their kids seem to be gainfully employed and have business skills as well as a lot of home repair/remodel abilities. Mama Terri and the girls all seem to know how to cook and their house is quite nice and well-kept.

Thank you for answering.  Wow, is that disturbing.

I drink Diet Pepsi most days; I suppose they'd say I'm hellbound?  

Vasectomy reversal, when the woman has had PPD?  Unconscionable.  Just WOW, how fucked up that is.

• Like 2
  • Sad 9
  • Love 1
(edited)
58 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Thank you for answering.  Wow, is that disturbing.

I drink Diet Pepsi most days; I suppose they'd say I'm hellbound?  

Vasectomy reversal, when the woman has had PPD?  Unconscionable.  Just WOW, how fucked up that is.

When one of his son's got married, the father's each gave a speech. Steve brought his five youngest (affectionately known as The Reversals) into the stage (one was the groom) and proceeded to regale the audience with his vasectomy for LIFE story. 🤮

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 9
  • Sad 3
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Maxhell is where fun goes to die.

• Like 5
  • LOL 11
On 7/3/2022 at 8:27 AM, iwantcookies said:

Jill posted a pic claiming that after 3 day plexus challenge guy lost his big belly.

he went from a big belly to no belly in 3 days according to Jill.

Who actually believes that? 
SMH

Perhaps he had an accidental run-in with a very sharp sword? Chopped off that beer belly, no Plexus required!😜

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

She's 40. She moved out on her own last year. Her two younger sisters were allowed to attend Bible college last year, and one of them has also snagged a man. She's on a mission trip to Africa with him right now.

Looks like Sarah's guy is Kody Bollinger. He's 43, from Oklahoma. The Ross woman is one of Kody's sisters.

Is the Bollinger family the one with a bunch of male children that haven’t married?

4 hours ago, Notabug said:

Steve's rants that Jesus does not believe in fun and therefore playing games is of the devil. 

I'd like to know WHERE in the Bible that is.   Because jesus was a fun guy.   He was hanging at a wedding and turned water into wine.   He convinced his followers they could walk on water (you KNOW alcohol was involved in that one).  Oh man and remember the time he revived the dead guy just so his sisters would't miss him anymore and be sad?   Yeah real bummer of a dude.  

• Applause 7
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

I'd like to know WHERE in the Bible that is.   Because jesus was a fun guy.   He was hanging at a wedding and turned water into wine.   He convinced his followers they could walk on water (you KNOW alcohol was involved in that one).  Oh man and remember the time he revived the dead guy just so his sisters would't miss him anymore and be sad?   Yeah real bummer of a dude.  

Stevehovah bogs himself down in the Old Testament and the writings of Paul. He led sermons in a retirement home prior to covid. The pictures of those poor old people listening to his fire and brimstone was heartbreaking. Thankfully, that chapter is over, and Steve attends an actual church.

• Like 8
  • Sad 2
36 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Stevehovah bogs himself down in the Old Testament and the writings of Paul.

I think this applies to most of the extreme fundy churches I was dragged to as a child. Eventually, I became an atheist. My sister stayed a xtian but only follows the red words in the Bible (i.e. what Jesus said) and attends a community church that is very 'Jesus' based.

• Hugs 4
  • Love 5
On 7/5/2022 at 8:05 PM, CouchTater said:

Isn't Janessa 4?  She looked so confused and unsure of herself in the "parade."  And those crocs were so huge on her feet!  Maybe that's why she was unsure, because she was on the verge of doing a face plant. 

You weren't kidding about the crocs. 😱

rps20220706_233038.jpg

• Sad 13

The little waif holding the brown jug and the one in the orange outfit beside her are both wearing boots that fit them just as well as Janessa's crocs fit her. I hate everything about Jill & GWE and their parenting, but it makes my heart hurt to see those little girls dressed like nobody loves them. When my girls were that age they were gifted a lot of hand-me-downs from moms in our church that were pretty, appropriate, and generally fit. I do not believe that the women in the churches the 'minister' to don't do the same thing for the ragamuffin Rodlets. For some reason Jill does not want her little girls to look pretty until they hit puberty.

• Like 3
  • Sad 16

The Maxwells were on 19 Kids and Counting. Even in their frumpy days, they were always middle class fundies. Steve and Teri went to college.

Sarah moved out last year at 39 and now she is 40 and getting married in August. Her fiance's name is Kory (K-o-r-y) Ballinger. 

Her sister Anna is going to accredited college called Appalachian Bible College and she is 29. She is working as a camp counselor. 

Her sister Mary is going to the same college as Anna and she is 25. She is spending the summer as a missionary in Africa.

• Useful 5

91607984-92E8-46F0-B95F-923D8DEA8432.jpeg

**URGENT Prayer Request!!**

Who knows Timothy Noyes and Pat Noyes?  They are my (Jill's) loving parents.  ❤️ We just left their house on Tuesday - July 5th, from spending the holiday weekend with them in West Virginia.  We helped do a bunch of projects on their new house to give them a boost.  

Tonight my sister Amy Kevin Foster , called to sadly inform me, that my precious Mother had a stroke!  😢  Just about 6 weeks ago, she had a double knee replacement.  People are more prone to strokes after that.  😬

Our hearts are VERY heavy.  She is still alive, but not very responsive.  They still have to determine how bad she is.  Thank you for your prayers.  ❤  Our hope is for FULL recovery!

With VERY Heavy Hearts, Jill & Family

• Sad 7
  • Useful 2
7 hours ago, merylinkid said:

I always believed He was/is full of joy and laughter. 

• Love 7
57 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

OMG, does that post sound cold and barely caring to anyone else?

And somehow it’s important for everyone to know that JillR just was there helping, to give them a boost. She really is tone deaf.

• Like 12
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Stevehovah bogs himself down in the Old Testament and the writings of Paul.

Clearly he skipped over Judges then.   Because one of the judges is  ... Deborah.   Yes a WOMAN who had authority over men.   She was awesome.

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

327A8F44-5249-4F7D-B2A8-F60133F8517A.jpeg

Update on my Mom. 😭

She had a cat scan and it was a pretty bad brain bleed - aneurysm.  She is in CRITICAL condition.  They transferred her from Huntington, WV to Columbus, Ohio.  David and I are here at the hospital with my Mom and Daddy's Pastor Stone drove him here and he is with us also.  There is a surgeon here that is willing to try to do surgery on my mom, but it is critical and she could die from it. 😥

None of us slept last night and we are all just heart broken.  💔  My Dad cried out to me that he can't imagine doing life without my mom.  Please pray for a miracle!  ❤💛  

Thank you.  ❤️ 

1 Peter 5:7
 “Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.”

Psalm 90:2 "I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust."

Nothing is private for the people in her life, nothing.

• Like 2
  • Sad 19
  • Love 4
(edited)

and there is the opening for Jilly's next grift. the high cost of transferring critically ill mom from w virginia to ohio and she and david will at the hospital all the time so they will need someone to feed the family AND donations to offset med. costs.

she might throw in the print shop again has come to a SCREECHING halt due to david being at the hospital all day watching the tv there. Never mind they have traveled pretty much nonstop since the 8 day power outage, so little to no printing has been happening anyway (even during the power outage they had a trip/grifting show at a church/revival)

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 7
  • Love 8