Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I think they are tired. They keep late hours and add to that the hysteria that is Jill. They probably get very little "down" time. 

How much could anyone sleep in that crowded RV?

2 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Copying over her text of a post off her FB

Would YOU like an invite to a *FREE* Plexus event tonight (May 23rd - Monday night) at 8:30pm (ET)? If you join us and participate, you will get put in a drawing for *FREE SAMPLES*!!! Let me know if you are interested so I can add you! This is going to he FUN! Because I Care for YOU, Jill

...........never truer words were spoken. You care for YOU, Jill.

Ain't that the truth. I fell foul of some leghumpers just yesterday by saying that I find Carlin's attention seeking disgusting. I got about 120 downvotes, lol

I haven’t even looked at my downvotes, lol. What’s not funny is the number of seemingly regular people they’re able to dupe. 

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

No bueno ! NIKE ! Too many ladies inappropriately dressed. The poor religious boys heads (both of them) will explode.

Shrek threw a hissy fit because he couldn’t play catch in Florida what with all the fornicators on the beach. I would love to see his reaction to all the thong bikinis that dominate the beaches of any Caribbean resort. And I’m talking about on the guys. Guys that always closely resemble Shrek himself or Frank Perdue.

• LOL 14
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Monthly supply is like $100. I don’t think she actually uses it.

It wouldn’t help her lose weight even if she did use it. Scam.

1 hour ago, Trillium said:

Never any kind of Baptist, but growing up in a evangelical church, there were occasionally times when men would serve the women and it was always “Look at how NICE the men are, doing this for the women!” as it was some massive favor with a not so subtle misogyny that “herp derp, how do you operate the crockpot/dishwasher, I’m a man and don’t know! Lolz” 🙄 Of course someone like Jillpm would just think that was just so nice. 

This is why they stick to mostly paper plates and plastic utensils.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Shrek threw a hissy fit because he couldn’t play catch in Florida what with all the fornicators on the beach. I would love to see his reaction to all the thong bikinis that dominate the beaches of any Caribbean resort. And I’m talking about on the guys. Guys that always closely resemble Shrek himself or Frank Perdue.

Or the beaches on the Riviera, where many women go topless. The men there aren’t weak like David and can control their impulses. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Or the beaches on the Riviera, where many women go topless. The men there aren’t weak like David and can control their impulses. 

Many men can control their impulses, somehow these fundies don't seem to be able to. 

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

The divorce rates must be sky high. 🤣

Maybe God will call the Dillards there and Derick can handle all the divorces caused by bare boobies. 😂

• LOL 7
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

The divorce rates must be sky high. 🤣

Maybe God will call the Dillards there and Derick can handle all the divorces caused by bare boobies. 😂

Unbelievably, no one there blinks an eye when they see topless women. Same old, same old. 🤣

• Love 6
3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I think they are tired. They keep late hours and add to that the hysteria that is Jill. They probably get very little "down" time. 

I imagine Jill being the Joe Jackson of Fundie families that perform at churches. Poor kids.

3 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Copying over her text of a post off her FB

Would YOU like an invite to a *FREE* Plexus event tonight (May 23rd - Monday night) at 8:30pm (ET)? If you join us and participate, you will get put in a drawing for *FREE SAMPLES*!!! Let me know if you are interested so I can add you! This is going to he FUN! Because I Care for YOU, Jill

...........never truer words were spoken. You care for YOU, Jill.

Ain't that the truth. I fell foul of some leghumpers just yesterday by saying that I find Carlin's attention seeking disgusting. I got about 120 downvotes, lol

From what I learned of the lady who made a blog on her Younique experience, you are making those samples yourself from crap you bought.

3 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I guess that's like being called to minister to Hawaii. 

I remember reading of a fundie girl that was called to be a missionary to the notoriously un-Christian country of *checks notes* Greece.

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Many men can control their impulses, somehow these fundies don't seem to be able to. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that if a fundie man can't control his impulses, he is not to blame - it's the fault of his wife for not being the perfect helpmeet, or it's the fault of all other women on the planet for wearing eyetraps like shorts or tank tops or blouses without a modesty panel up to their chins.

Never the man's fault.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that if a fundie man can't control his impulses, he is not to blame - it's the fault of his wife for not being the perfect helpmeet, or it's the fault of all other women on the planet for wearing eyetraps like shorts or tank tops or blouses without a modesty panel up to their chins.

Never the man's fault.

You are correct. Unfortunately its pretty much the same way in society at large. The victims of sexual assaults are still often times blamed.

3 hours ago, MunichNark said:

At least a few full plates in front of them.

The place was pretty empty though, only a few tables filled.

Are those manly MEN doing wimminz work??? *clutches pearls

Don't be alarmed, there is a certified woman behind the men who did all the prep work. Since the buffet was self-serve, I wonder if the men just filled water glasses and grabbed their own overflowing plate of food.

• Love 7

Looking at pics of the ladies who attended the lecture/luncheon, Jill must have been horrified. How dare these ladies wear sleeveless "blouses" to a church function! Seriously, almost all the ladies showed up in tanks, even the older ones. 😂

• LOL 11

The photos from the ladies' event show a table of gift bags (and a mirror with a bow on it). These appear to be prizes for the drawings, probably something for every woman who attended. I'm imagining the following, hand-selected by Jill herself: tiny Plexus samples the R-slaves had dumped into baggies, earrings/ primitive air fresheners from the Not-Nurie Etsy shop, one copy of Jill's unpublished book, badly recorded Rod music CDs, including Tim's career-launching debut, smiley tracts in Spanish, and stuff from the Creamy Ivory Cream, faux-Amish booth that no one would buy. 

Everyone left with a little piece of Jill. 

• LOL 10
14 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Looking at pics of the ladies who attended the lecture/luncheon, Jill must have been horrified. How dare these ladies wear sleeveless "blouses" to a church function!

I think the weather was rather hot in that area, particularly for women of a certain age.  I look forwardt to seeing Jilldo dealing with menopause in the near future.  She'll probably start wearing black all the time, mourning her infertility..

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I think the weather was rather hot in that area, particularly for women of a certain age.  I look forwardt to seeing Jilldo dealing with menopause in the near future.  She'll probably start wearing black all the time, mourning her infertility..

Wasn't there a heatwave last weekend? Jill and her girls must have been sweltering in their layers upon layers. I don't fault the church ladies at all for dressing appropriately for the weather. 

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

The photos from the ladies' event show a table of gift bags (and a mirror with a bow on it). These appear to be prizes for the drawings, probably something for every woman who attended. I'm imagining the following, hand-selected by Jill herself: tiny Plexus samples the R-slaves had dumped into baggies, earrings/ primitive air fresheners from the Not-Nurie Etsy shop, one copy of Jill's unpublished book, badly recorded Rod music CDs, including Tim's career-launching debut, smiley tracts in Spanish, and stuff from the Creamy Ivory Cream, faux-Amish booth that no one would buy. 

Everyone left with a little piece of Jill. 

I can see her giving away Plexus samples, smiley face tracts, losers from her faux-Amish booth, and earrings/air fresheners made by the Not-Nuries. But I don't think she'd give away her book or CDs. Those are meant to generate revenue. Maybe she'd stuff in a flyer made by the kids reminding the attendees that they can step right over to the Rods' sales table and snap up a book and CD for the low low price of . . . whatever. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I can see her giving away Plexus samples, smiley face tracts, losers from her faux-Amish booth, and earrings/air fresheners made by the Not-Nuries. But I don't think she'd give away her book or CDs. Those are meant to generate revenue. Maybe she'd stuff in a flyer made by the kids reminding the attendees that they can step right over to the Rods' sales table and snap up a book and CD for the low low price of . . . whatever. 

She sold a copy of the book for $10 at the Cream and Coffee (sorry, couldn't help myself) stall. A member of FJ reviewed it with some screenshots of the pics. The Rod section is members only, and content isn't allowed to be taken from there verbatim, but someone did and posted it on Reddit. The OP got really upset, leaving FJ altogether, I think. 

Not sure how much the earrings are selling for. 

As for the gift bags, no way Jill arranged that. I'm sure that was the doing of the pastor's wife, or whomever the lady was who appeared in several of the pictures. The event seemed to be run by her.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Looking at pics of the ladies who attended the lecture/luncheon, Jill must have been horrified. How dare these ladies wear sleeveless "blouses" to a church function! Seriously, almost all the ladies showed up in tanks, even the older ones. 😂

How sluttish “clutches pearls”. Imagine if some also had hairy pits. How scandalous!

Why is Jilldo pointing at her breasts? NIKE alert! Very sluttish behavior!

1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

She sold a copy of the book for $10 at the Cream and Coffee (sorry, couldn't help myself) stall. A member of FJ reviewed it with some screenshots of the pics. The Rod section is members only, and content isn't allowed to be taken from there verbatim, but someone did and posted it on Reddit. The OP got really upset, leaving FJ altogether, I think. 

Not sure how much the earrings are selling for. 

As for the gift bags, no way Jill arranged that. I'm sure that was the doing of the pastor's wife, or whomever the lady was who appeared in several of the pictures. The event seemed to be run by her.

Oohhhlalha that’s how much I’m willing to spend ($10). Might buy it haha snorts. Hunk can take my $10 and take Jillybean for coffee! 

• LOL 2
(edited)
4 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Oohhhlalha that’s how much I’m willing to spend ($10). Might buy it haha snorts. Hunk can take my $10 and take Jillybean for coffee! 

Oh pulease. Hunk will take that $10 and spend it at Mickey D’s on their dollar menu. On himself.

Edited by Westiepeach
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

True. Mrs. Pastor's Wife came up with the wrapping and most of the gifts too. Still, MeMe must have thrown in some Plexus samples and a few highly filtered photos of herself looking young and glowing. The earrings sell for about ten bucks a pair, so maybe just an air freshener made it into a prize bag.

As for the book, how is Jill going to be a famous author if Hunk doesn't get up from his recliner and print the stupid thing? Aren't Jill and David burdened to spread their wisdom to the heathen masses?

Jill's pink top looks like one of those crocheted toilet roll covers my elderly aunts used to make. 

8d0d484888fa538b04181dca87fb5698.png.e3c514225a5f9aa4fbbce849bcac0476.png

Edited by BradandJanet
  • LOL 16
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

True. Mrs. Pastor's Wife came up with the wrapping and most of the gifts too. Still, MeMe must have thrown in some Plexus samples and a few highly filtered photos of herself looking young and glowing. The earrings sell for about ten bucks a pair, so maybe just an air freshener made it into a prize bag.

As for the book, how is Jill going to be a famous author if Hunk doesn't get up from his recliner and print the stupid thing? Aren't Jill and David burdened to spread their wisdom to the heathen masses?

Jill's pink top looks like one of those crocheted toilet roll covers my elderly aunts used to make. 

8d0d484888fa538b04181dca87fb5698.png.e3c514225a5f9aa4fbbce849bcac0476.png

I have a purple one. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

May 21st  appearance, a 6-7 hour trip from their house:

94EAEFAD-2168-4A2F-849E-4636D7F40428.jpeg

The multiple fonts and spelling and grammar errors are terrible!  Can’t anybody on the church staff proofread?

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

JillR must have made the flyer for them - only the Rod names are bolded.

It seems to have been written by whoever runs the church themselves, though. If you go to their website, the same bad writing and punctuation is in evidence.

• Useful 4
3 hours ago, Tigregirl said:

The multiple fonts and spelling and grammar errors are terrible!  Can’t anybody on the church staff proofread?

The two-year church secretary degree at Phillip's Massillon Baptist Bible College is beginning to look better with every reading of that mess.

• LOL 13
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

"Everything collected will fo to them"

Was there any doubt?

Betting that someone gave once thinking it was helping the Church's mission or something and then found out that it went to some random family that wasn't even a member.   They complained.   Now they have to be clear.

But hey its a warning to folks so they can decide this talentless bunch of grifters doesn't deserve someone's hard earned money.

• Love 7

The churches the Rods hit on their music circuit tours are members of a missionary clearinghouse. However, Elkdale Baptist may be a one off. A six hour stink bus trip each way for one church is unusual, but Jill and David must have figured it was profitable. Anyway, this was a ladies' retreat, and Jill loves any gathering in which she is the star. 

Elkdale seems a little different than the usual churches the Rods hang out in. One young woman has a full sleeve, which I'm sure she had done before she joined the church, but didn't try to cover in a church portrait photo. Not only were the women wearing sleeveless blouses at the luncheon, bra straps were showing. Oh, the horror. 

What's Jill to do when people are following the "correct" Jesus but doing it all wrong by Jill's standards? She isn't apt to be too critical when she's looking for love offerings and a free car for Phillip, but it must gnaw at her. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
43 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Jill is posting what else? All about plexus. Join her team and make lots of $ selling plexus. 🙄

Jill and David burned through all the ebul government money with their barndo addition with the big staircase and their vacations. They're probably broke, and Phillip is expecting to go to college this fall, commuting with a car he doesn't have. Plexus and the grifting will be in high gear. It's too bad the mighty Hunk won't lift a finger to bring in needed income. 

Jill face and hands look puffy in her unfiltered photos. Maybe it's salt, maybe it's Plexus, or maybe it's menopause. I'm hoping for the last one.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 5/24/2022 at 9:24 AM, Jeeves said:

I recall one wannabe missionary who appeared at one of those churches: a guy who's been called by God to go on a mission to - Ireland. I remember him because usually it's a married couple who've been called to be missionaries and this guy seemed to be single. And - Ireland. Gosh, what a grueling challenging country to be called to. 🤣

Could he grab one of the not-Nuries on his way to Ireland?  I don’t know if even Jill could grift a trip there. 

• LOL 5
7 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Screenshot. Video had no sound hahaha 

FD82DAB5-794D-480D-A63F-D379845BB0E9.jpeg

Looks like a creeper peering in your window. I hope I don’t dream nightmare about this tonight. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Apparently Carlin had "an episode" in the MDs office and they're now fairly certain she is having seizures. She'll do a 3 day EEG hoping to catch one.

They are unbelievably calm and very happy about it at his point. I get being relieved about finding a treatment issue, but I don't get their joy.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Apparently Carlin had "an episode" in the MDs office and they're now fairly certain she is having seizures. She'll do a 3 day EEG hoping to catch one.

They are unbelievably calm and very happy about it at his point. I get being relieved about finding a treatment issue, but I don't get their joy.

They are strange people.  I expect it is somewhat of a relief that they now have a path to follow in hopes of figuring out what was going on and perhaps they're a little giddy at the thought that she will be diagnosed soon. Knowing them, they're probably also just a little bit excited that an ambulatory EEG is going to give them lots of interesting visuals for the 'gram.  I can see Carlin griping about the glue from the electrodes getting in her hair and them getting Layla to point at her and laugh at the headgear.

I hope the EEG either gives definitive proof of a seizure or rules it out.  Sometimes the results are equivocal.  I'm also glad a medical professional skilled in this area saw her have an episode so that gives them some strong information to proceed with trying to diagnose the problem.

• Love 15

Jilldo went on a hike with her kids. Some were wearing flip flops. How comfy/safe right? Instead of homeschooling all they do is vacation and grift. That’s it. Who needs a real education? Jesause will provide.

Wonder what people think when they see Jillzilla with her 100 kids hiking with no husband. (I don’t think Dave goes on these hikes)

• Love 7