Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

That shirt on Philly looks like it belonged to GWE a few pounds ago. No way did JillR buy anything for any of her kids. Did Philly already go on his senior trip? When is graduation, May or June?

• Love 4

So, we know Jill is stuck in the 80s with her fashion choices (but she thinks it's the 90s), and Phil would fit right in if he was graduating from high school in 1997.  His pastel shirt and vest plus general scruff fits.  The only thing that does not work is his haircut.  The heartthrobs of 97 would have longer, floppier hair.  Think Rider Strong or Jonathan Brandis or Christian Slater.  

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Unless you are JimBlob who thinks King James wrote that version of the bible all by himself. And he wasn't an American.

I was gonna say, even the KJV is not American.    

5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Mostly on the road:

5BB4DAC8-ACD0-4013-A4C4-1D9A2C3F8C06.jpeg

So teachers at Bible College think traveling with family is more important than being in class?   Not any teacher I ever met.  

• Love 8

Poor Phillip looks as if he's wearing a woman's blouse that only female women are allowed to wear according to the Bible. Couldn't Jill have found him a manly male's shirt in the right size? We know how important it is to Jill that men and women wear the proper clothes so no one will get confused and God won't get angry. 

Is Phil going to live away from home for Bible school? If not, does he automatically get kicked out of the barndo into the RV with Tim? They could spend their free evenings complaining about women, I suppose. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
42 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

So teachers at Bible College think traveling with family is more important than being in class?   Not any teacher I ever met.  

Teachers at Bible College think $$ is more important than being in class. 

• Love 11
11 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Is Philly going to that Bible College the older girls went to? Wasn’t that basically them reading the KJV Bible at home every day? Poor Philly is starting to look more like Timbits, not a good look.

I seem to recall Jill saying last year that Philip and Renee were enrolled in the same bible class the older girls had taken. I don't think she ever said another word about it. No graduation and certificate or anything.

As far as where he is going, Jill has only said he would be dropping out of the traveling circus this summer. I sure hope they got the exact to the last penny cost breakdown this time so he won't be shocked when he has to pay for the second semester like Jill claimed Timothy was.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I seem to recall Jill saying last year that Philip and Renee were enrolled in the same bible class the older girls had taken.

Nurie and Kaylee’s was the “Ripley School of the Bible” through Crown College in Tennessee.  (Jill used the quotation marks)

She did say they completed it and, “Due to not being able to attend because of Covid19, we watched the online / virtual service. We tried to make it really special for Nurie & Kaylee. ”.

Edited by ginger90
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

This is so wrong. And it was chosen on purpose for pictures.

image.png.9747369fb6e84af7fd1886d708594a11.png

Ok, I don't understand.  The shoulder seam is no where near his shoulders but the sleeve length doesn't seem to be to long.  Now he has lots of material in the sleeve but that's because..JILL NEEDS TO FEED HER CHILDREN.  Why isn't the sleeve to long? If the shoulder seam was in the correct place the cuff would be higher up his arm, more like a 3 quarter length sleeve. 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Ok, I don't understand.  The shoulder seam is no where near his shoulders but the sleeve length doesn't seem to be to long.  Now he has lots of material in the sleeve but that's because..JILL NEEDS TO FEED HER CHILDREN.  Why isn't the sleeve to long? If the shoulder seam was in the correct place the cuff would be higher up his arm, more like a 3 quarter length sleeve. 

It looks like he folded the cuff over. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 17

He looks like he’s absolutely wasting away. The bones in his face and head are standing out. And the shirt is massive; makes it look like a Seinfeld “puffy shirt”. Didn’t Tim or Sammers have something closer to his size he could wear for photos?

• LOL 1
3 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

BME has a way of styling and photographing her kids so they look pitiful. It must be like a disease where she thinks they actually look good instead of like ragamuffins. 

I think ahe does it on purpose. Ragamuffins bring in the big love offerings. 🙄

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, wait.what said:

Ummm, Maybe he said he WAS hungry, not that he wanted TO GO TO Hungary. 

Jill's story is that Phillip said that they're HUNGRY for the Word in Hungary. When he was something like 7. Yeah, I don't believe it, either. 🙄

• Love 10

I looked at the website and holy shit, that's badly designed and reminiscent of the early 90s.

Rules don't seem utterly crazy though and there's even some common sense advice about finances etc.

But classes from 8-12pm?? 4 hours just? That's very little. They appear to teach Grammar also, that would be quite a novel idea to young Phillers, methinks.

I'm sure he has a licence, so he can drive the Griftmobile. I'm sure Hink needs to lie down frequently after the exhaustive task of driving.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

I'm guessing this might be what Phil is taking. If I'm understanding the finances, this course would be about $2000 for the year.

One-Year Bible Certificate

This non-degree program includes one year of Bible and related subjects. It is designed for the student who is seeking God’s will for his life or is desiring to better his understanding of God’s Word. A student must complete 34 credit hours of study, all at Massillon Baptist College. However, these 34 credit hours do not have to be completed within one school year. No thesis is required for this certification, and the student is not required to take the Doctrinal Comprehension Exam.

• Useful 6
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, MunichNark said:

I'm sure he has a licence, so he can drive the Griftmobile. I'm sure Hink needs to lie down frequently after the exhaustive task of driving.

Jill posts EVERY single milestone/accomplishment, real or imagined. She’s been tight lipped after Nurie totaled their sedan. I wonder if Phillip has a DL, and if he does, what about a car to drive.

Most teens have part time jobs during HS and get a car with help from parents. Jill states Phil Boy will go to Bible College and work to pay his way. Really? Just like that, without any working experience at all. 🙄

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, SMama said:

Jill posts EVERY single milestone/accomplishment, real or imagined. She’s been tight lipped after Nurie totaled their sedan. I wonder if Phillip has a DL, and if he does, what about a car to drive.

Most teens have part time jobs during HS and get a car with help from parents. Jill states Phil Boy will go to Bible College and work to pay his way. Really? Just like that, without any working experience at all. 🙄

I suppose if he worked a minimum wage, entry level job through the summer he would have enough for tuition. I'm guessing he could get hired as a bag boy for a grocery store, or a dishwasher at a restaurant. And isn't there some factory in their area? It seems since the pandemic jobs are available everywhere, for everyone.

• Love 6

Well the program does not have to all be taken in a year.   So he can work for a bit, take a course.   Work for a bit, take a course.  Etc.   So in about 7 years he will have his lovely Certificate of the Bible suitable for framing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

On FB Jill posted a total of three photos/videos of the Bible College's "campus." If you can carve out ten seconds, you can take a virtual tour like I did. 

I think poor Phillip lost the genetic lottery. 

• Love 6
18 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Considering Jill will never write anything that would be considered formal, it may sound wrong, but it actually isn’t.

This is contrary to what was drummed into my head in elementary school. It’s a Latin carryover.

My cousins and most of their relatives from the south end all questions with AT.  I had never heard of speaking like that (being from New England).  It's kind of cute when you get used to it (and with the southern accent)

10 hours ago, awaken said:

He looks like he’s absolutely wasting away. The bones in his face and head are standing out. And the shirt is massive; makes it look like a Seinfeld “puffy shirt”. Didn’t Tim or Sammers have something closer to his size he could wear for photos?

Do these morons ever see REAL PEOPLE?  omg.  The cult is really something.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm guessing this might be what Phil is taking. If I'm understanding the finances, this course would be about $2000 for the year.

One-Year Bible Certificate

This non-degree program includes one year of Bible and related subjects. It is designed for the student who is seeking God’s will for his life or is desiring to better his understanding of God’s Word. A student must complete 34 credit hours of study, all at Massillon Baptist College. However, these 34 credit hours do not have to be completed within one school year. No thesis is required for this certification, and the student is not required to take the Doctrinal Comprehension Exam.

$2000 a YEAR?? My friend's daughter is at BC - a whopping $73000 a year.  I just might go back to Phil's fraudulent college.

• LOL 6
2 minutes ago, Boston said:

$2000 a YEAR?? My friend's daughter is at BC - a whopping $73000 a year.  I just might go back to Phil's fraudulent college.

The $2000 is buying him a certificate - 34 credits at $61 per credit. I think anyone would be hard pressed to find a college tuition at less than $300 per credit. The "college" is maybe 4 buildings and the picture below is actually one they have on their website included in their campus photos.

image.png.adf09fb973d1465a5d214844684d8bea.png

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Boston said:

Yes, but BC offers actual degrees.  Massillon Bible doesn't mention awarding any sort of Bachelor's degree and the only Associate's they seem to offer is in Church Office Management.  In other words, training to work as a secretary in the church' office.

But, thank goodness, they are KJV followers, so nothing else is important.

• Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
Just now, Rootbeer said:

Yes, but BC offers actual degrees.  Massillon Bible doesn't mention awarding any sort of Bachelor's degree and the only Associate's they seem to offer is in Church Office Management.  In other words, training to work as a secretary in the church' office.

But, thank goodness, they are KJV followers, so nothing else is important.

Jesus.. all you had to be was one of my friend's stay at home mother's to work as secretary in the Rectory or church office - the gate to hell in my opinion.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Boston said:

Jesus.. all you had to be was one of my friend's stay at home mother's to work as secretary in the Rectory or church office - the gate to hell in my opinion.

Yep, my church hires a lot of high schoolers to work in the office.  Of course, these particular kids attend actual high schools with real classes.  I suppose the associates' degree from Massillon Bible is needed for the poorly homeschooled like the Rods.

Massillon is very near Canton, home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.  They probably visited during Phillip's graduation trip.  It has a long history of being a high school football power.  Paul Brown, namesake of the Cleveland Browns and founding owner of the Cincinnati Bengals, started his coaching career there.

• Useful 8
13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

This is so wrong. And it was chosen on purpose for pictures.

image.png.9747369fb6e84af7fd1886d708594a11.png

Pitiful, absolutely pitiful.  I’ve never seen his POS mother wear anything that didn’t fit.  Omg, how I hate that bitch!

• Love 8

He could double the credit hours and get an associate degree. What use would it have in furthering education though? What would be transferable to a real school? Not likely that would be an option, I suppose.

Back in the day when looking into colleges, I remember having a huge book to look through. “Student life” was a consideration. Here’s Phillip’s:

52E7FAD3-8D66-4EB1-9B33-6C8D9CCD7291.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

5F2BD73D-B4A9-470F-9323-83692A4DB679.jpeg

After looking at Jill’s FB pics and video, I think the place looks like a prison.  It looks dark, dank and depressing.  I think Phillip will go in thinking that he knows more about the Bible than anyone else.  If an instructor were to utter words that the Rods don’t agree with or, heaven forbid, use anything other than the KJV Bible, that will be the end of that.

• Love 14
Just now, farmgal4 said:

After looking at Jill’s FB pics and video, I think the place looks like a prison.  It looks dark, dank and depressing.  I think Phillip will go in thinking that he knows more about the Bible than anyone else.  If an instructor were to utter words that the Rods don’t agree with or, heaven forbid, use anything other than the KJV Bible, that will be the end of that.

And Jill will post all about it. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

He could double the credit hours and get an associate degree. What use would it have in furthering education though? What would be transferable to a real school? Not likely that would be an option, I suppose.

Back in the day when looking into colleges, I remember having a huge book to look through. “Student life” was a consideration. Here’s Phillip’s:

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry at that ridiculous list.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I reckon that special music will suit Phillers very well.

........I'll see myself out to the Prayer closet.

Are we going to place bets on how long he's going to last? I daresay less than 6 months. Poor guy

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

WTH is "PeeWee Club"??? 

• LOL 11