Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

49 minutes ago, LilJen said:

Sudden? It’s been there all along.

If it’s “directly from God via the Holy Spirit,” no education is required. From God’s lips to the pastor to the congregation’s ears, do not attend seminary or your faith and your direct line to God’s commands will be destroyed. Inspiration directly from God is considered far superior to anything. 

Yup, that's the philosophy behind prophet Warren Jeffs still leading his flock while serving a life sentence in prison.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, P2C2E said:

Right?! Is there additional context or something I'm missing???

It was from this, and she had it in her stories and each word, weed, seed, feed,  had it’s own slide, or whatever you call it.

251D4A8E-7DC5-48AB-BB68-05CC9540C551.jpeg

• LOL 8

like that time a lady from church needed a ride to have surgery and Jill didn't want to drive her because the woman was not an important person in the church or wasn't person of high standing. yep jill you sure understand that charity is the greatest over love and hope.

• Love 20
18 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It was from this, and she had it in her stories and each word, weed, seed, feed,  had it’s own slide, or whatever you call it.

Is that why HUNK was snoring through Easter candy hunt? Plexus FAIL.

16 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

like that time a lady from church needed a ride to have surgery and Jill didn't want to drive her because the woman was not an important person in the church or wasn't person of high standing. yep jill you sure understand that charity is the greatest over love and hope.

I remember her bitching and moaning when the lady called from the hospital in need of a ride home. Didn't the lady post that Jill didn't even leave her water on her nightstand? I remember seeing that somewhere. 

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I remember her bitching and moaning when the lady called from the hospital in need of a ride home. Didn't the lady post that Jill didn't even leave her water on her nightstand? I remember seeing that somewhere. 

Jill just wanted to make sure that the woman never again called her for a favor.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I’m impressed with the correct use of “fewer” vs “less.” It seems like 75+% of people get it wrong these days.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I’m impressed with the correct use of “fewer” vs “less.” It seems like 75+% of people get it wrong these days.

That is one of my pet peeves, along with people who say "amount" instead of "number."  If you can count it, you say number!

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

That, plus the *wink wink* mention of weed TODAY is how I know those slides were provided for her to post together in a media kit and not something that she made up herself.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

C7F96714-2C99-4C49-BC2E-6A459195ADF3.jpeg

I wish this family photo was clearer. I can barely recognize anyone. Nurie sort of, and Tim in the middle? Based on age I assume the two other girls are kaylee and Renee but they look so different. The rest of the boys are interchangeable. 

11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

According to his bio, Nathan earned his Bachelor of Theology degree at International Baptist Bible College.

Is this an actual legitimate school?

• Useful 2
10 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

That is one of my pet peeves, along with people who say "amount" instead of "number."  If you can count it, you say number!

And if if you can count it, it's FEWER! 

2 minutes ago, awaken said:

I wish this family photo was clearer. I can barely recognize anyone. Nurie sort of, and Tim in the middle? Based on age I assume the two other girls are kaylee and Renee but they look so different. The rest of the boys are interchangeable. 

Is this an actual legitimate school?

It's a "school." Its legitimacy is questionable at best. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, awaken said:

Hmmm... if Hannah is the infant, then the baby with her diaper immodestly showing must be Tessie of the recently plucked eyebrows, being held by Nurie. Based on size, I think Renee is in the gray and Kaylee is holding Hannah, though I agree that both are unrecognizable. Timothy is holding Gabriel (who looks a bit big to need to sit in a lap), and them I'm guessing Samuel and Phillip based solely on hair color. Nurie looks a lot like Hannah looks now.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

Yes! Unfortunately, some of the smartest, most educated people I know have recently made the “fewer” vs “less” error. I also hear it from newscasters and others in the media. 😢 For Jill of all people to post a picture with the correct usage is confusing!

• LOL 5
9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

So, is this before or after one shells out the money for the products? Is this even accurate, I wonder.

0E5F83E3-C1D2-4F93-A468-E941A7493CD9.jpeg

Most likely before product purchase. It’s been speculated before that once JillR gets done buying her personal Plexus she barely makes anything.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

That, plus the *wink wink* mention of weed TODAY is how I know those slides were provided for her to post together in a media kit and not something that she made up herself.

Yeah, I'm not thinking Jill understands the significance of 420.

• LOL 14
21 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Lolz x 100

Weed snorts

D3432FB5-8C0E-42F5-A47B-B34F6D44CF64.jpeg

What the what???  WEED?  Does that mean the product is made from weeds?  Serious question!

15 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

Babies are so adorable at 6 months, full of smiles, sitting up but not yet on the move.  Possibly by the next time Jilldo sees him he will be squirming his way out of her clutches and raising holy hell if he can't!

They’ll be blanket training him by that time. 😥

16 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Let’s hope he is seeing a pediatrician doctor and getting proper care…

as golden penis #1 he might be okay.

I predict by Easter 2023 Nurie will be pregnant with #3…

Not! Nurie will likely already be knocked up too and Jill will likely need something stronger than Plexus to keep her baby envy at bay. 

13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

So, is this before or after one shells out the money for the products? Is this even accurate, I wonder.

0E5F83E3-C1D2-4F93-A468-E941A7493CD9.jpeg

From how I understand it what you buy for yourself counts towards your sales because the company doesn't care who orders it, only cares about the actual sale. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

From how I understand it what you buy for yourself counts towards your sales because the company doesn't care who orders it, only cares about the actual sale. 

And that is why  MLMs are failures, unless you get in on the top. Too many people buy from themselves and end up earning very little. 

• Love 13

See this is why we go out into the world and educate ourselves. So that we know what we're doing when we are posting about "weed" on 4/20. 

It reminds me of the Brady Bunch Movie when they are talking about how they "want to be gay every day." (Not that being gay every day is a bad thing, but just that they were too naive and sheltered and decade-impaired to understand what they were communicating.) Or when Josh talks about Anna's being a "master swallower" (although in his case, he might have been more aware).

• Love 12
26 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Or when Josh talks about Anna's being a "master swallower" (although in his case, he might have been more aware).

Oh I think he 100% knew what he was saying and was doing it intentionally to embarrass her. I am less sure if she got it. 

• Love 20
11 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Not to be TMI, but are we sure Anna swallowed? She may have directed that shit into a turkey baster so it wouldn't go to waste. 😁😬

I also think fundies frown on that as it would be a waste. 

• LOL 4
8 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Most likely before product purchase. It’s been speculated before that once JillR gets done buying her personal Plexus she barely makes anything.

And before all of those pesky self employment taxes.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

For those of you who haven't suffered enough today, JillR has a clip of her 4 boys singing on Facebook.   Tim seemed particularly awful, completely off key.

That was really bad! One positive, they were kind of peppy.

B2DB82E8-8ABF-4F42-BF2E-BD2BF285596F.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
To add caption
  • LOL 7

I am confused since jill is all about traditional hymns and all, why are the boys singing Can He, Could He, Would He that has a copyright dated 1986?  I think that is what they were singing so horribly.

my other observation/question is when did Phillip's hair get so dark?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

What level does JillyBean claim she is in?

I'm pretty sure the last time she mentioned it, it was Senior Gold. Someone correct me if that's changed. 

I think you can also go down a level if you haven't maitained your requirements. I swear I remember her going form Gold to Sr. Gold, back to Gold, then back to Sr. (or change those levels to Sr. Silver and regular Gold, you get the point). But I could be mis-remembering. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, all fall down said:

I'm pretty sure the last time she mentioned it, it was Senior Gold. Someone correct me if that's changed. 

I think you can also go down a level if you haven't maitained your requirements. I swear I remember her going form Gold to Sr. Gold, back to Gold, then back to Sr. (or change those levels to Sr. Silver and regular Gold, you get the point). But I could be mis-remembering. 

I bet the IRS would be very interested in that information if she hasn’t been declaring her Plexus income. Her SNAP benefits would also likely be reduced .

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

I bet the IRS would be very interested in that information if she hasn’t been declaring her Plexus income. Her SNAP benefits would also likely be reduced .

I’m guessing Plexus sends her a 1099 with her earnings but she claims enough expenses to offset most of it. Plus you know the print shop operates at a loss. Grifters usually know how to grift the IRS too.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14

To follow up on a previous post, Chad and Erin finished their little tiny camper. Chad did a great job. The camper is for them - the three middle girls will share a twin bed (the dinette), parents on the other end with the baby on a full sized bed and the oldest, a son, on a little mattress under the parents' bed. 

From personal experience camping, I see it working perfectly on a sunny day, by a grassy field, along a lake. I see a disaster at a dirt campsite on a rainy weekend. I'm guessing most their experiences will fall somewhere in between.

• Useful 4
  • Love 9

Holy wow. Alyssa Bates is pissed at IG. Supposedly they "flagged" her account because she called her then 8 month old crazy. I guess flagged accounts are "pushed back" and don't get a lot of views (which I'm guessing means less clicks on shilled products). So because Alyssa "puts a lot of time and effort" into her posts, she feels its "no longer worth it". So she's only going to post "when she feels like it" (as opposed to when? lol).

Seems like Alyssa got her little feelings hurt.

My question is, do followers only see posts that come up on their feed, like FB? And wouldn't followers look for her if she's not coming up? And... other than a decrease in 'sales' how would she know no one is seeing her posts?

And two more questions, could her whiny IG story encourage followers to reach out to IG in her defense? And would it matter?

• LOL 7
  • Love 3