Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, crazy8s said:

If David should pass away who the heck would drive the RV? Tim, who can barely drive a car?

Neither Jill or any of the boys have ever been shown taking a turn at driving the RV during their grifting tours. Other than Tim, none of the boys have ever even been shown driving a car, no mention of them getting a license or anything. I'm not sure Kaylee and Renee drive either. After Newree (and Kaylee)'s tragic accident, I sort of think none of the "children" are allowed to drive.

Each kid under 18/still in high school would get a survivor’s Social Security payment (assuming David paid into the system).  It goes to the parent who can basically do what they want with it but are supposed to provide for the kids. There’s some kind of formula they use for the amount but I can’t remember it. There’s also a family cap which I think Jill would hit b/c there’s so many littles.  
~~~~~

My husband’s unexpected death almost wrecked us. He had a small life insurance and luckily, we had taken over the house from his parents so we had no mortgage. The SS money has come in handy and has given me room to breath as I plan out the next 3 years (when my youngest will graduate HS).  
~~~~

One weird thing about it:  if you try to save any of the money for your kids future (college, car, whatever), they ask for anything not spent back when your kid reaches 18.  

57 minutes ago, smallfry said:

What the hell with Jill's post!!?? We shouldn't judge others? That is all she does. She judges everyone she sees just by how they look. I could go on and on and on and one but you all know who she is! And what good works does she do? I only see her vacationing and grifting. She is on social media all the time bragging about everything she gets and does because she is the best of all. I might need to go and respond to her post and get blocked because it makes me so angry!

You can message her or write a post directed to her (I assume)

If you write her anything she would feel SEVERELY persecuted 🙄

but yeah why does she always turn off the comments? I guess she only wants to read complements 

• Love 8
15 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Hell, yes. Just take a look at Jills frizzy ratty hair. It's horrible.

Sadly, those infamous hair tutorial videos have been taken down from You Tube (I'm genuinely upset about this, hmph), they were a "delight" to watch. So much plastic combs, brushes, hairspray, gel has never seen in one place since 1983.

Re Nathan Bates, WHAT has happend to him? He's become Michelin man, blown to a size that is beyond unhealthy and frankly unappealing. He's not even 30 yet, is he?

Are you referring to Jill Rod’s hair or Jill Duggar’s?

21 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

You can message her or write a post directed to her (I assume)

If you write her anything she would feel SEVERELY persecuted 🙄

but yeah why does she always turn off the comments? I guess she only wants to read complements 

Yeah, if you send her a DM on Facebook or IG and do anything but stroke her ego, she’ll block you. #fact

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Yes, the woman was scheduled for outpatient surgery and needed a ride to and from the surgery center.  Jill was utterly shocked that this woman might expect the Rods to help her.  She ended up doing it and bragging all about it.  I think she actually sent some of the kids to check on the lady as she recovered.

BME is a taker, not a giver, and a nasty, mean, holier-than-thou taker, at that.

• Love 17
9 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Not to mention everything she posts is an attempt to achieve fame!

There’s not a doubt in my mind that Jill fully believes that she and her family are famous.  I mean, she’s been approached several times by people wanting to film the Rods for a TV show!  Of course, Jill said “no” to them all. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

• LOL 13
  • Love 2

If MedicCorps is a real 501(3)(c) they have to file all kinds of paperwork.  There should be a 990 filed.   Although if they only filed the postcard they collected less than 50K in donations and don't have to do a lot of explaining.

But an audit of their books would be  ... interesting.   

• Useful 5
  • Love 7
25 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

If MedicCorps is a real 501(3)(c) they have to file all kinds of paperwork.  There should be a 990 filed.   Although if they only filed the postcard they collected less than 50K in donations and don't have to do a lot of explaining.

But an audit of their books would be  ... interesting.   

IIRC, someone found their 990 from 2020. It was pretty sad. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

Medic Corps' main mission seems to be posing for photos and asking for donations, which go through the National Christian Charitable Foundation to support evangelical charities. It's not even guaranteed that any particular donation will go to Medic Corps. The NCCF may have better things to do with its money, but having TV "stars" pose for photos might be worth subsidizing fuel costs and McDonalds lunches, and it's not like the Bates and Duggar boys have much else to do. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Medic Corps' main mission seems to be posing for photos and asking for donations, which go through the National Christian Charitable Foundation to support evangelical charities. It's not even guaranteed that any particular donation will go to Medic Corps. The NCCF may have better things to do with its money, but having TV "stars" pose for photos might be worth subsidizing fuel costs and McDonalds lunches, and it's not like the Bates and Duggar boys have much else to do. 

No, chick fil a. 

• LOL 10
18 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

There’s not a doubt in my mind that Jill fully believes that she and her family are famous.  I mean, she’s been approached several times by people wanting to film the Rods for a TV show!  Of course, Jill said “no” to them all. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

No doubt at all. After all, Jill's daughter Nurie is married to Nathan Keller--Anna Duggar's brother!!!  Jill spent a year highlighting it in every post about Nurie. Alas, the Duggars tumbled from fame and left poor Jill in the dust. It wasn't enough that Satan attacked her through a can of green beans. He had to go and attack her through her connection to the famous TV Duggars. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, awaken said:

I checked today and as suspected, I’m blocked from Mediccorps!  All for wondering if there was much need for scuba or skydiving where they are in Ukraine. Seemed like a reasonable question to me!

Join the club! Whoever is in charge of blocking must be working around the clock. All I did to get blocked was to like the posts questioning if they were really in the Ukraine! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Join the club! Whoever is in charge of blocking must be working around the clock. All I did to get blocked was to like the posts questioning if they were really in the Ukraine! 

They never blocked me after I called them out on one of their Bahamas posts and that comment was deleted.  That was back when they though nothing of posting faces and medical info on the people they "helped."  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
52 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Sounds to me like if translated, Nathan and his gang drove a handful of folks the length of a cornfield to a church. Don't get me wrong I'm sure they appreciated the ride, but Medic Fuck certainly tries to make it about them and surely exaggerates the aid they're providing.

Yep, they first told us they were 'dispatched' to Ukraine on March 8, 2 weeks ago.  Since they're only bragging about rescuing 27 people in the past 2 days; I presume this was the first time they were actually able to haul somebody somewhere since they've been there or they would've mentioned others.  Works out to slightly more than 1 person 'rescued' per day for the bunch of them.  I fail to see how donating to Medic Corps is an intelligent use of limited funds.  

I am also sure that their 'rescue' technique includes a trip to the local fundie church where the pastor can harangue the refugees in Ukrainian to repent or die.  I wonder what would happen if someone refused the preaching?

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, ozziemom said:

If they were really in Ukraine, they would have simply answered your question. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
10 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Nathan has a very punchable face.  I hate to disparage the Pillsbury Dough Boy, but he's doughy, alright.  Yuck.

Yep, it doesn’t seem like Medicccccorps are missing any meals while “rescuing” refugees . And where are they sleeping?

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Yep, it doesn’t seem like Medicccccorps are missing any meals while “rescuing” refugees . And where are they sleeping?

In a nice comfy hotel? 

I still doubt they are in Ukraine. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

🙄 he isn’t dead Jilldo. You will be back asap to drain Nurthan bank account. 

3ACE70F2-0344-4816-9F94-CCA2FE6F04B0.jpeg

Remember how Jill mourned the loss of Nurie when Nurie got married, as if Nurie had died?

• Love 8

Below is a link to an article of an average dude who went to Poland and Ukraine over the last month. It also includes what he is doing for Ukrainians now that he's back home.

I'm guessing this article is much more accurate than anything Medic Prayer is spouting.

https://www.boston25news.com/news/local/quincy-businessman-back-home-after-rescuing-co-worker-ukraine/YC7GSH6FSZAIPGBSCFJUSXGP34/

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6

39E55CAF-C406-4C49-87CE-70FBA3CC5734.jpeg

There is a video of the kids making gift bags. They are counting jelly beans with bare hands before putting them into a bag. 🤪🤢

I did not see one kid eating candy. I bet they did not even get a single jelly bean or a Lollipop!

1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

39E55CAF-C406-4C49-87CE-70FBA3CC5734.jpeg

There is a video of the kids making gift bags. They are counting jelly beans with bare hands before putting them into a bag. 🤪🤢

I did not see one kid eating candy. I bet they did not even get a single jelly bean or a Lollipop!

Wouldn't putting a spoonful of jelly beans in each bag be faster and easier? Jill must have decided that counting by hand qualifies as a math lesson in the Rodrigues Home School Academy for everyone from Janessa through Renee.  For Phillip, it's algebra math. Every piece of candy must be accounted for, so the kids dare not eat even one.  

Jill will be "burning the midnight oil all week" getting ready for the retreat, and we know who will be up late doing the actual work. Hint: it's not the Hunk. 

Janessa, get on that little "decor bike" and propel yourself right out of that house. Go as far away as you can. 

• Love 13
14 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

The naked baby doll is creepy.

Didn't BEM grift a "life-like" baby doll a while back?  Those dolls are very expensive if you have to actually pay.  I guess you don't have to take care of things if they are free.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Didn't BEM grift a "life-like" baby doll a while back?  Those dolls are very expensive if you have to actually pay.  I guess you don't have to take care of things if they are free.

Yeah, I was thinking it was the reborn doll. They are straight up freaky.

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Yep. Two of them in fact.  They went to Tessie and Hannah a few years ago. Unclear if they still have them or have passed them down to Olivia and Sadie. 

• Useful 5
13 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

Jill-bikes for decor but not for kids to ride on?  I imagine those long skirts don't work out well with bicycles.

I don't know, bicycles, horseback riding - it all seems a little too intimate with the lady parts.

The Duggar kids all had bikes, but as it turns out, the Duggars are much more worldly than the Rods. 🤣

• LOL 8
19 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

The one being hugged by Jill's daughters...... 

In one video, Sofia was carrying the blond little girl, even though she was about the same size as Sofia.  I feel sure that the child didn’t want to be carried.  I’ve said this before but from everything I’ve seen, Sofia is Jill made over personality-wise, which is both sad and disturbing.  The world will never be rid of Jill. 😢

• Love 4
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

In one video, Sofia was carrying the blond little girl, even though she was about the same size as Sofia.  I feel sure that the child didn’t want to be carried.  I’ve said this before but from everything I’ve seen, Sofia is Jill made over personality-wise, which is both sad and disturbing.  The world will never be rid of Jill. 😢

Sofia has no other example of how to act.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, sagittarius sue said:

Jill-bikes for decor but not for kids to ride on?  I imagine those long skirts don't work out well with bicycles.

Certainly not the tight, full-length skirts the Rodlets tend to wear. They somehow manage to swim in those skirts, however. 

I wonder why the boys don't have bikes. There's nothing to stop them from riding. Maybe Jill is denying her kids equally on this activity. 

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I wonder why the boys don't have bikes. There's nothing to stop them from riding. Maybe Jill is denying her kids equally on this activity. 

where would they ride them though? surely they would not be allowed to ride down a road or a bike trail without Jill there because some slut in shorts might also be out riding a bike and tempt the poor boys.

riding bikes around the garden graveyard wouldn't be much fun

• LOL 3
  • Love 6