Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

The whole Kaylee being "oh so surprised" by the proposal is so stupid!!!!  (Just like all these other "surprise proposals" on social media). Kaylee is standing in a big heart of silk? flowers. Why does she think that is there? There are all kinds of other flowers placed nearby.  She may have known Johnathon and his family was in town. It is all just a performance with everyone involved playing their assigned roles. 

• Love 20

How could any of these Fundie girls be surprised by a proposal is a mystery. That’s all they have in their lives and once in a courtship, it’s just a question of time. Like when Jed! and Katey were in that bubble thing, what other outcome but a proposal could there be? Or when Lawson Bates and Tiffy were traipsing around Italy. 

• Love 15
6 hours ago, LilJen said:

These people are so odd. “We dressed alike to remind Kaylee and ourselves that we all MUST believe and behave exactly alike, and no straying from the wretched path that Chunky and Bride old Chunky have laid out will be tolerated. Even when you supposedly have a new headship.”

Clearly they have not matured past the 6th grade. I went from coordinating with my friends straight to wanting to be original within months. By 7th grade, I was livid that one of the more popular girls had the same shoes I did. 🤣 Jill has never moved beyond that childish need to be matchy matchy. And made sure none of her children have either. 

5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

This reminds me of those semi-creepy late-night commercials advertising singing groups you never wanted to know about: "Act now for this special TV offer - Jill Rod and the Singing Pinkies, back by popular demand!  Jill and her four lovely daughters will bring you hours and hours of enjoyment with their beautiful, soul-stirring harmonies!  Sit back and revel in songs such as "Send in the Clowns,"  "Your Grift is On My List" and "Burning Down the House!"  Send $27.99 plus $19.95 shipping and handling to P.O. Box 123, Podunkville Ohio, and we will ship your album to you in 6 - 12 weeks!"

Send these ideas to SNL!

• Love 12
3 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

I think it’s one more way for Jill draw attention to herself. Again, her children are tools for her attention-getting behavior. 

A narcissist’s children are only extensions of themselves. 

• Love 9
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Clearly they have not matured past the 6th grade. I went from coordinating with my friends straight to wanting to be original within months. By 7th grade, I was livid that one of the more popular girls had the same shoes I did. 🤣 Jill has never moved beyond that childish need to be matchy matchy. And made sure none of her children have either. 

Send these ideas to SNL!

Whose Line it is Anyway -- Greatest Hits.   

(careful its a little risque for work).  

TOPIC:   of course Jill made it a big to do.   Otherwise how could she get all those SMs post out of it featuring her front and center.   if they had just said "yeah we are engaged now" she couldn't have made it all about her.

Edited by merylinkid
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

My overfed constipated HUNK and me hehe Plexus pusher bride of CHUNKY after 

OUR

FREE

meal !

7E7AAF12-1785-4BD7-BC40-4F2F7A1927D7.jpeg

Sorry, but David is huge. He looks massively unhealthy. And… it pisses me off even more to see his malnourished children. Gah! They are monsters!

• Love 16
9 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

The Pink Ladies from Grease, they ain't.  Shame on HUNK for not wearing the signature color.  

Some how I doubt "Look at me, I'm Sandra Dee" or "There are worse things I could do" fit in the Rod's music standard. Poor Bride of Chunkey and Tincel would have a conniption.

• LOL 7
7 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

Some how I doubt "Look at me, I'm Sandra Dee" or "There are worse things I could do" fit in the Rod's music standard. Poor Bride of Chunkey and Tincel would have a conniption.

Rizzo in her short shorts would totally defraud Timbecile. 😂

• LOL 10
5 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Is it me or is he getting bigger? 

I’m not surprised look how he shovels food in from the last video. He had 2 plates of food what a gluttonous STUD. 

He is definitely NOT using Plexus slim 🙄

• Love 7
11 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Rizzo in her short shorts would totally defraud Timbecile. 😂

From Tim’s podcast/video (whatever the heck that amateur production was), the mere existence of a female within his vision is enough to defraud him.

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

From Tim’s podcast/video (whatever the heck that amateur production was), the mere existence of a female within his vision is enough to defraud him.

except when he is pouring a bottle of water on the Dingus girl (?) who was floating in a storm drain in a skirt and wet t-shirt. Both of them giggling away. That was fine. BME even filmed it all.

He certainly wasn't being "curt" to her.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Are the Dingii still in the Rod's orbit?

You mean funding the Rod's daily life? Maybe they ran out of money, wised up and took off. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

You mean funding the Rod's daily life? Maybe they ran out of money, wised up and took off. 

Aren’t they close neighbors? I wonder HOW close. Next door?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Aren’t they close neighbors? I wonder HOW close. Next door?

I somehow got the impression their 'backyards' meet up. Like the Dingus farm acreage meets up with the Rod land. But I might be making this up.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I somehow got the impression their 'backyards' meet up. Like the Dingus farm acreage meets up with the Rod land. But I might be making this up.

They live in a different town, but attend the same church.

• Useful 10
  • Love 3

The Dingi probably didn’t have another half cow to give to JillR so they are off the good list. Maybe they resisted becoming Plexus buyers too. Generally speaking, anyone who isn’t doing what BME wants, is unworthy of her attention.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12

LOL at Bride of Chunky!  That is so perfect.

1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

The Dingi probably didn’t have another half cow to give to JillR so they are off the good list. Maybe they resisted becoming Plexus buyers too. Generally speaking, anyone who isn’t doing what BME wants, is unworthy of her attention.

What balls she has.  Those MLM's are predatory and never seem to profit anyone except those at the very top of the pyramid.  

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

What balls she has.  Those MLM's are predatory and never seem to profit anyone except those at the very top of the pyramid.  

And clearly Plexus “Slim” doesn’t work. If it did, I might think differently about it.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Yes, my friend's husband tried many of them and none made him rich. On the contrary, he lost  money. 

• Love 4

Well at least JillR likes the water as it seems playing in it is the only fun thing these kids get to consistently do.

And Jill, in case you're reading here - these are inexpensive. image.png.c349b1bed351f62861892fbccac5612f.png

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Well at least JillR likes the water as it seems playing in it is the only fun thing these kids get to consistently do.

And Jill, in case you're reading here - these are inexpensive. image.png.c349b1bed351f62861892fbccac5612f.png

How will anyone know how godly and modest the Rods are if they wear something similar to this? 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

That poor little boy Nemo.  He already senses the nuttiness of his granny, and looks like he's terrified.  I hope he smiles and is happy when he doesn't have a camera shoved in his face.

No worries. He'll get acclimated to his crazy family and his fundie cult. He'll be homeschooled by his mother, who is I'm sure even worse educated than his grandmother, and learn to talk in that special way his mother and her siblings do. Maybe he'll grow up to be just like his Uncle Tim. 

Damn. If I still drank, I'd down a few just to numb my feelings about the way those kids are doomed to live. 🙁☹️

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Whose pool are the Rods contaminating now with their long hair and dirty street clothes? That's not the Sawyers' pool. They're moved on. 

It was a campground pool.

• Useful 4
2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

At least Jill's wearing swim goggles in the pool photo. I hope it keeps her eye makeup from polluting the pool. 

She looks like an f-ing moron swimming in her clothes. I give the kids a pass because they are kids. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Nemo's like, who's this clown-woman that keeps squishing me and smells like Dollar General Giorgio knockoff and Aquanet?  Can someone help a brother out here and extricate me from her sweaty grip, please?  Mom?  Dad?  Now would be good?

Right?!?! Kid looks absolutely terrified!
Is it me or does he somewhat look like the youngest Rodlet? He doesn't look like death like her, but I just see a little bit of her in him.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

If I was staying there, wanted to swim and I saw that level of stupidity, I would complain. 

JillR would just love that. The Rods have had issues at campgrounds before and BME always claims they are being persecuted. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
(edited)

24 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

The Rods have had issues at campgrounds before and BME always claims they are being persecuted. 

I'm surprised they don't get banned from every campground they stay in.

Jill has a doozy of a story on her website about how they were severely persecuted at a KOA campground in 2018. She mentions that the children were left unsupervised in the game room, and they swam in the pool in their street clothes. She claimed a mousetrap in the gift shop had "violently come down on Nurie's toe." (That would likely have broken her toe, but she wasn't injured, so Jill is lying.) Somewhere else it came out that they exceeded the people they could have at the site. David (who was "defensive of his family") and Jill argued with the manager until they decided to leave/were kicked out.  

The manager, game room woman, and the people who complained about their street clothes in the pool were people who hated children, God, and modesty, according to Jill, who is never wrong. 

Jill's seething anger and overall craziness shine in her telling of events. 

Edited by BradandJanet
missing word
  • Love 15

Who left the kids unsupervised in the game room?   Not the campground's job to keep track of their kids.    The parents are ALWAYS responsible.   Oh who am I kidding, she saw a chance to dump her kids on someone else and got mad they wouldn't take them.

• Love 16