Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Jill’s new live: she is sick as a dog. Of course she is in the car going somewhere to spread her germs…

She is selling plexus and her crash diet challenge 🙄 

0C8DB826-69E0-48DF-8010-93A79048BAB5.jpeg

She sounded like a 3 pack a day smoker. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, FizzyPuff said:

Gosh I can’t stand it when people travel when their sick(unless it’s an emergency) stay at home FFS! Even if there wasn’t a pandemic going on it’s selfish, F U Jill! 

Why are you SEVERELY persecuting me for wanting to PARTY like it’s 1985? 

-Plexill Rodrigues 

• LOL 19
48 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I'm waiting for the photo of Jill and David toasting the new year with a bottle of sparkling GRAPE JUICE. Even while sick, Jill can find the strength for virtue signaling. 

Happy New Year to everyone here! 

and it will be worded "we celebrated with a bottle of sparkling Grape Juice (NO ALCOHOL)"  

• LOL 18
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Please remind me who these people are?

Tacos4life people who back in the day were friends with Jessa. There was a baby shower for them on one episode of Counting On, IIRC. Shown for awhile as the Duggars frequently went to the Taco place he managed. I think they moved to another part of Arkansas. Rabid posting on Instagram, but I haven’t really kept up with them.

• Useful 10
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, skatelady said:

What on earth is going on in this pic? Did he spit up on his jacket?!?!

Jilly Bean slobbered all over him. 🤤 She hasn’t been on SM in a few days.  I’m thinking Covid has paid her a visit.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Please remind me who these people are?

She’s a Level 10 Covid conspiracy theorist, and is constantly on SM campaigning strongly against the vaccine.  Now that her dad has had a pretty severe case of Covid, I wonder if her opinion on it has changed.  I doubt it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Is this the same person whose husband was fired from the taco place for being drunk? (I still giggle every time I think of that.) Or maybe he wasn't drunk? I have a worse time than Michelle keeping the more peripheral ones straight. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

She’s a Level 10 Covid conspiracy theorist, and is constantly on SM campaigning strongly against the vaccine.  Now that her dad has had a pretty severe case of Covid, I wonder if her opinion on it has changed.  I doubt it.

Nah. It's the hospital's fault if things don't go well. There's too much science at hospitals. 

• Love 6

If they’re conspiracy theorists who deny the virus and refuse the vaccines, I just want them to stay away from others and out of hospitals, where medical staff have been completely overwhelmed for 2 years now. Who knows how many others JillR may have infected? Fuck all of these people who are infecting and killing others!

• Love 24
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Nah. It's the hospital's fault if things don't go well. There's too much science at hospitals. 

I've just been thinking with all these current COVID cases among Evangelicals/Fundies (including the idiot QB Kirk Cousins of the MN Vikings who's unavailable tonight v. the Packers, blowing our last slim hope of a wildcard slot), I've thought up a meme;

God is punishing them for denying science!

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Zella said:

Is this the same person whose husband was fired from the taco place for being drunk? (I still giggle every time I think of that.) Or maybe he wasn't drunk? I have a worse time than Michelle keeping the more peripheral ones straight. 

Yes! That's him. Of course, he never went to treatment for what he defined as alcoholism. Jesus has kept him sober. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Yes! That's him. Of course, he never went to treatment for what he defined as alcoholism. Jesus has kept him sober. 

Treatment? Who needs those heathen doctors and nurses? 😂 Until they’re desperate and can’t breathe, then they all inevitably run straight to the ER with no qualms about infecting anyone else.

• Love 9
58 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I've just been thinking with all these current COVID cases among Evangelicals/Fundies (including the idiot QB Kirk Cousins of the MN Vikings who's unavailable tonight v. the Packers, blowing our last slim hope of a wildcard slot), I've thought up a meme;

God is punishing them for denying science!

I read this as “idiot Kirk Cameron of the MN Vikings” and was like WTF? 

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

He’s also the guy who almost died from a bleeding ulcer a year or two ago.

Just now, iwantcookies said:

It’s photoshop. I saw that picture before they weren’t outside in the snow.

Yes. I've seen the photo before too. I'm just curious why Jill of a million pictures didn't use a winter photo of them. Or photoshop sweaters. 

• LOL 5
9 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I think he'd been sober a couple of years when the ulcer happened. 

Or, at least, that is what they told the world.  These fundies have a way of ignoring the truth when it doesn't suit the narrative.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
10 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Or, at least, that is what they told the world.  These fundies have a way of ignoring the truth when it doesn't suit the narrative.

Yeah, we'll never know for sure. Like I said before, I'd drink like a fish if I was married to Kristin. But I've read some of his screeds, and he's almost as bad.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I’ll be 41 in April, and while I don’t do SM, hell no this isn’t common. Or it shouldn’t be if it is in some circles. 

I've only seen it done by preteens, teens and young adults and it really hasn't even been done by them in the past several years.  It was a fad that burned out quickly, except for JillR apparently.  Of course, her hair, makeup and wardrobe are straight outta the early 90's, so this is more modern than many of her other hobbies.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
44 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

But why didn’t Jesus keep him sober in the first place? 

And why do they needs guns when Jesus will protect them? I mean, that’s why they don’t need masks, right?

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, Zella said:

I think I need a timeline on Kristen and Justin. I have so many questions and don't even know where to begin. 

Kristin just turned 30. Justin is the same age or maybe a year older. They met at an AR bible college (don't recall which). He chased her for years before she relented and allowed him to date her. They married soon after college. 

I'm not sure how long he was at T4L before he was axed, but he was in the front office, not in a store. After the firing, 3 or 4 years ago now, they moved to Conway (pretty positive). Unclear what he's doing now. 

She just had her 4th kid like 3 weeks ago via homebirth (of course). I hope the baby didn't end up with Covid.

eta Found him on LinkedIn. They are in Conway. Can't spell the name of the college, but it starts with O. 😁

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1