Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Probably not any more. He looks unhealthy and most likely suffers from ED. 

One can hope!  Jill has posted some videos of Nathan doing Bible time or devotions or wth she calls it.  In one of the videos, you can see Sofia (who is 5 or 6) still sucking her thumb and holding onto her nasty ass security blanket.  She’s the child who got “saved” when she was 4.  You can’t tell me that a child who still exhibits such immature behavior is mature enough to fully understand the plan of salvation.  I think she “got saved” to make BME (best mama ever) happy and to get attention.  From what I’ve seen, Sofia is more like Jill, behavior-wise, than any of the other Rodlets.  I hope she outgrows it, because the last thing this planet needs is another JRod.

• Love 6

Marry my not Nurie. She is modest and rides bikes with flip flops and can cook for family of 15 for $10. 

Marry my not Timbot. He can recite the Bible but doesn’t understand it at all. And he can fish! Feeds his daddy real good. 

Yay I’m the best momsy ever created by Joyful Noyse academy!

B05AECF4-E974-42D7-A886-40571DBBAC4E.jpeg

8D88C4C0-E33D-4B8D-B91E-7F03093B33D9.jpeg

• Love 3
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Asher, Israel, Solomon or John.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, not asher. that is my favorite boy name. has been for years -- unfortunately i didnt know that name when i was having kids or i would have one. 

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Marry my not Nurie. She is modest and rides bikes with flip flops and can cook for family of 15 for $10. 

Marry my not Timbot. He can recite the Bible but doesn’t understand it at all. And he can fish! Feeds his daddy real good. 

Yay I’m the best momsy ever created by Joyful Noyse academy!

B05AECF4-E974-42D7-A886-40571DBBAC4E.jpeg

8D88C4C0-E33D-4B8D-B91E-7F03093B33D9.jpeg

The sad thing, this Not-TimBits ^^^^ is really not bad looking.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Spazamanaz said:

Don't forget the word 'precious'.

All I can think of when I see/her the word "precious" is Gollum from Lord of the Rings...I think picturing Jill as Gollum would be kind of funny. 😄

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

One can hope!  Jill has posted some videos of Nathan doing Bible time or devotions or wth she calls it.  In one of the videos, you can see Sofia (who is 5 or 6) still sucking her thumb and holding onto her nasty ass security blanket.  She’s the child who got “saved” when she was 4.  You can’t tell me that a child who still exhibits such immature behavior is mature enough to fully understand the plan of salvation.  I think she “got saved” to make BME (best mama ever) happy and to get attention.  From what I’ve seen, Sofia is more like Jill, behavior-wise, than any of the other Rodlets.  I hope she outgrows it, because the last thing this planet needs is another JRod.

It makes me wonder what kind of guilt ridden shit she fills her kids minds with for them to say they are 'saved' at such a young age. I don't know very much about any religion, but I think I'm safe to say that none of them would accept a 4 year old declaring that they are 'saved'. Sofia is not saved, she is brainwashed. 

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, skipnjump said:

All I can think of when I see/her the word "precious" is Gollum from Lord of the Rings...I think picturing Jill as Gollum would be kind of funny. 😄

I just pictured Jill shrieking precious as she buys crap for their sardine can house 😂

D0E04794-8DE0-4CC6-80FC-F6E9DB5964CA.jpeg

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

The sad thing, this Not-TimBits ^^^^ is really not bad looking.

His eyebrows are probably the next set to get butchered.

The double-Tshirt waif is riding the bike (which has a bar...OMG...she may get gender-misidentified!) while wearing a stiff 1986 denim skirt...not sure she could stop suddenly, but I guess Jesus will save her somehow, since Jesus approves of denim.

That pic above looks like hubby is sinking his fangs into the arm of Dr. Emmett Brown in Back to the Future.

• LOL 5
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Just curious, what have you seen in Sofia's behavior that reminds you of Jill?  I can't get a sense of who any of these poor Little Rods are, especially the littlest of them.  And Jill is so far gone I can't imagine (or don't want to imagine) anyone resembling that monster's behavior.

• Love 11

Ok. I’m not trying to be mean but do these grown girls have speech issues? The way they “pronounce” words, especially “yaaaaaasss” is concerning. If they don’t then stop.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Spazamanaz said:

It makes me wonder what kind of guilt ridden shit she fills her kids minds with for them to say they are 'saved' at such a young age. I don't know very much about any religion, but I think I'm safe to say that none of them would accept a 4 year old declaring that they are 'saved'. Sofia is not saved, she is brainwashed. 

Brainwashed nails it!

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, Annb67 said:

Ok. I’m not trying to be mean but do these grown girls have speech issues? The way they “pronounce” words, especially “yaaaaaasss” is concerning. If they don’t then stop.

I don’t know exactly why they do it, but it annoys the hell out of me.  Their mother is the reason they speak like that, but it’s so off the wall that I wouldn’t have a clue how to properly explain it.  1)When Jill talks to the younger children, her voice goes up about 5 octaves.  2)Jill is always doing this thing at church where if she agrees with something the speaker says, she’ll say, Yyyeeeessss, Yyyeeeessss.  3)Jill also over-articulates her words.  Add those three things together and you’ve got her daughters who are now speaking weirdly themselves, because they’re with Jill 24/7/365.  What I just said may not make a lick of sense, but I don’t know how else to explain it.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, CouchTater said:

Just curious, what have you seen in Sofia's behavior that reminds you of Jill?  I can't get a sense of who any of these poor Little Rods are, especially the littlest of them.  And Jill is so far gone I can't imagine (or don't want to imagine) anyone resembling that monster's behavior.

It’s a mixed bag of things that I’ve noticed over the last few years of following this family.  Sofia is the most extroverted one of the bunch.  She talks a lot.  She idolizes her mother.  She’s loves to be videoed.  She’s demonstrative.  She’s louder than the other children.  There are probably other things that I can’t think of right now.  She’s exactly how I imagine Jill acted when she was Sofia’s age.  

• Useful 8
16 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I don’t know exactly why they do it, but it annoys the hell out of me.  Their mother is the reason they speak like that, but it’s so off the wall that I wouldn’t have a clue how to properly explain it.  1)When Jill talks to the younger children, her voice goes up about 5 octaves.  2)Jill is always doing this thing at church where if she agrees with something the speaker says, she’ll say, Yyyeeeessss, Yyyeeeessss.  3)Jill also over-articulates her words.  Add those three things together and you’ve got her daughters who are now speaking weirdly themselves, because they’re with Jill 24/7/365.  What I just said may not make a lick of sense, but I don’t know how else to explain it.

I was trying to find words to explain this… but you found the words much better than I could have. Basically, it’s all they hear, so it’s all they know. They are, unfortunately not allowed to be around anyone other than the other Rodlets, so it’s all they hear. Breaks my heart. I hate JillRod and Hunk for what they have done to their poor children… er… “blessings.” *sheesh* I just hope Nurie is distanced enough from JRod so that her poor child can be raised with some sort of normality.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Annb67 said:

If you're talking about the Rod kids, they all have very odd speech patterns, boys too.  I think it is because they spend much of their formative years hearing virtually no one but World's Greatest Mama speak.  They almost sound like they have foreign accents at times. Jill has messed her kids up in every possible way.

• Love 15

The Rodrigues children, when being filmed by their mother, seem to have no idea what to do. They are so sheepish in their replies it’s sad. Unless Jill gives them a script, they just don’t know what to do or say.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Jill describing her Rodbots/children even though she feeds them once a week.

Hi from Jillcatraz and a Rodlet !

048E6ABE-28D7-4BE1-9A57-A7BF523F654D.jpeg

B16EBED8-DAC3-42F7-AA05-C3B7B69E6818.jpeg

So sad.. children of the corn.. or flowers in the attic

• Love 3

Jill is photodumping again (more fishing and sunsets). They go onstage in 45 minutes. Shouldn't she be making sure her kids are ready? 

eta Just added 3 pics of Nurthan.

eta again: Gabriel's devotions.

Don't you have some eyeliner to put on, Jill? 🙄

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Hulk is going to be displaying a VPL in those things. 

They look like a LulaRoe item. For women. 

They are actual men's sweatpants from Walmart, though I think they must have been out of his size and anything even near it. Also as a note, they are ugly no matter the size. 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/No-Boundaries-Men-s-Tie-Dye-Joggers-up-to-Size-3XL/315077960

and there is a matching hoodie! 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

They are actual men's sweatpants from Walmart, though I think they must have been out of his size and anything even near it. Also as a note, they are ugly no matter the size. 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/No-Boundaries-Men-s-Tie-Dye-Joggers-up-to-Size-3XL/315077960

and there is a matching hoodie! 

I vote we send him the pastel ones. Include a SASE so she can send us a lengthy diatribe on how men are men and only women wear pastels.

• LOL 15

I think Jill and Hunk are the vilest of the vile, but I have to wonder if our constant chatter about them is just feeding the beast.  She is such a narcissist I’m pretty sure she reads any and all snark written about her. All of the negative comments probably just prove to her that she is right and everyone else is wrong.  
I do wonder what would happen if everyone just ignored her.

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I do wonder what would happen if everyone just ignored her.

I think she'd have a meltdown about that, too. Like all the times she'll huffily make her social media stuff private and then quickly cave because she can't handle people ignoring her any better than she can handle them criticizing her. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9