Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I cannot imagine a scenario where they don't either bring it there or bring it back with them.  And since Jill doesn't believe in Covid, it makes me shudder to think how she'd nurse a posse of kids who don't feel well - I have to think she'd trot them out to sing and dance for the unvaxxed masses regardless of how they feel.

The risks they are taking are truly mind-boggling.

That right there is the biggest reason to hate them now.  There's not enough wine in the world for me to be anywhere they are, ever.  Batshit crazy doesn't begin to describe Jilldo.  Stupid as a fence post, and staying that way.

• Love 20
29 minutes ago, Zella said:

I'm anecdotally hearing of quite a few people who are getting the Delta variant despite having had COVID last year, so it's not outside the realm of possibility they got it again. It's really bad down here. :( 

I think it is pretty well accepted that people can get COVID more than once, delta variant or not.  The amount of antibodies that a person has after a mild case of COVID (anyone not admitted to a hospital with severe symptoms), is a lot lower than what someone would have after being vaccinated.  So, if the vaccine is 90-95% effective, having had the infection previously is going to be less than that.  The CDC also says that somewhere around 80% of all new cases in the US are the delta variant these days.  That is up from around 50% of cases a month ago.  

The big thing about the delta variant is that it is much more contagious than the prior variants.  Last year, the average person who got COVID managed to infect 2-3 other people with it.  Now, each person with the delta variant infects more than 5 others.  That allows the variant to spread a lot faster and is why it is being compared to chicken pox, one of the most infectious viruses in existence.

The attack rate for chicken pox is 90%.  That means that, if someone in a household contracts chicken pox, anyone else living in  that household who is not immune has a 90% chance of getting it.

6 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Why?

Because Gideon seems terrified?  Because it seems like his parents are forcing the haircut on him in scary fashion?  All of the above?

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Why does that "laundromat" look like something from a horror movie? I'm surprised there isn't a chest freezer full of body parts in the background. 

It's at a campground, so I expect it to be a bit creepy. 😁

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

The Rods invaded my dreams the other night.  I dreamed I was at a hotel pool in a changing room.  Janessa was sitting on the floor eating some pills out of a prescription bottle while Jill spackled on her make up.  When I pointed it out to her, she told me that just a few won’t hurt her.  Then the whole family was in the pool in their street clothes, and Jill was loudly and obnoxiously throwing beach balls around.  One of my friends was in the corner of the pool with one of the Not Nuries, trying to convince her to break free while I was playing with the little girls.  Jill made the whole family leave when some people came in with beer and snacks.  It was one of those dreams that seems so real it stays with you when you wake up.  Good lord, I hope I never end up in the same hotel as Jill!

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

They’re driving all the way to Texas? I wonder how much they spend in gas?

So Texas and very likely Florida because there's no way these grifters won't stop by dearest Nurie. That's like playing Covid roulette.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I cannot imagine a scenario where they don't either bring it there or bring it back with them.  And since Jill doesn't believe in Covid, it makes me shudder to think how she'd nurse a posse of kids who don't feel well - I have to think she'd trot them out to sing and dance for the unvaxxed masses regardless of how they feel.

The risks they are taking are truly mind-boggling.

I am afraid that many of the children wouldn’t survive, even though COVID is not a real thing in Jill’s mind.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, galaxygirl76 said:

So Texas and very likely Florida because there's no way these grifters won't stop by dearest Nurie. That's like playing Covid roulette.

I could care less about Jill and David, I think of the little ones.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

I am afraid that many of the children wouldn’t survive, even though COVID is not a real thing in Jill’s mind.

Yeah. Her kids seem unhealthy.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, kaleidoscope said:

Are the Rods at the Big Sandy Conference?  It is August 2-6.  David Waller is one of the speakers.

That's what I've been speculating. And why.

They're performing at Waller's church on Sunday.

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, kaleidoscope said:

Are the Rods at the Big Sandy Conference?  It is August 2-6.  David Waller is one of the speakers.

If so, we should get a ton of photos.  I wonder if any Duggars will be there?

ETA:  That conference is long enough that delta covid could actually break out while they are all still there.  Imagine having a bus full of unvaccinated family come down with covid!

Edited by riverblue22
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

If so, we should get a ton of photos.  I wonder if any Duggars will be there?

ETA:  That conference is long enough that delta covid could actually break out while they are all still there.  Imagine having a bus full of unvaccinated family come down with covid!

Jill is posting at least a week behind real time. If they are at Big Sandy, we won't know about it for another week or so. Probably in a photo dump with their appearance at Waller and Hilaria's church. 🙄

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
50 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill is posting at least a week behind real time. If they are at Big Sandy, we won't know about it for another week or so. Probably in a photo dump with their appearance at Waller and Hilaria's church. 🙄

Do you think Jill will try to get an invite to Justin DUGGAR’s in-laws’ home? Hilaría and family are practically Duggars. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, SMama said:

Do you think Jill will try to get an invite to Justin DUGGAR’s in-laws’ home? Hilaría and family are practically Duggars. 

Nah, she'll likely end up at the Waller's. Pris is, after all, extended family. Jill has been sucking up to them especially hard since Nurie's wedding.

• Useful 5
  • Love 10

JRod has a new family picture posted on FB, along with a new profile pic of her and Shrek.  They’re on a beach and Nurthan are included in the picture.  Nurie doesn’t look pregnant, but I guess she is because she and Nathan are cradling the barely-there baby bump.  Janessa and Sofia have on shoes that look at least two sizes too large.

15 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Why does that "laundromat" look like something from a horror movie? I'm surprised there isn't a chest freezer full of body parts in the background. 

Many of their photos are worthy of the covers of a Ransom Riggs book - see also Jill's garden/graveyard pictures, the photos of her girls holding hands while walking in the woods, any close-up of Jill...all capable of sending a shiver down the strongest of spines.

14 hours ago, Tigregirl said:

The Rods invaded my dreams the other night.  I dreamed I was at a hotel pool in a changing room.  Janessa was sitting on the floor eating some pills out of a prescription bottle while Jill spackled on her make up.  When I pointed it out to her, she told me that just a few won’t hurt her.  Then the whole family was in the pool in their street clothes, and Jill was loudly and obnoxiously throwing beach balls around.  One of my friends was in the corner of the pool with one of the Not Nuries, trying to convince her to break free while I was playing with the little girls.  Jill made the whole family leave when some people came in with beer and snacks.  It was one of those dreams that seems so real it stays with you when you wake up.  Good lord, I hope I never end up in the same hotel as Jill!

But thanks to your dream, we all know exactly what to do if we are ever in that situation - just display a bottle of booze and they'll scatter like mice!  But on the other hand....Jill might send her kids over to you to sing in 13-part harmony about how your soul is tarnished and throw a box of tracts at you, so - yeah, never mind.

30 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

JRod has a new family picture posted on FB, along with a new profile pic of her and Shrek.  They’re on a beach and Nurthan are included in the picture.  Nurie doesn’t look pregnant, but I guess she is because she and Nathan are cradling the barely-there baby bump.  Janessa and Sofia have on shoes that look at least two sizes too large.

Pictures of the entire family dining at Olive Garden with Nathan grimacing next to Nurie in 3, 2, 1..........

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 13
28 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I think JillRod is wearing the same dress Nurie wore for her maternity "photo shoot." And it looks like one of the not-Nuries and one of the not-Janessas is wearing the bridesmaid dresses from Nurie's wedding? Perfect beach apparel. And Shrek looks positively HUGE.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
49 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I think JillRod is wearing the same dress Nurie wore for her maternity "photo shoot." And it looks like one of the not-Nuries and one of the not-Janessas is wearing the bridesmaid dresses from Nurie's wedding? Perfect beach apparel. And Shrek looks positively HUGE.

They look awful, slapped together in whatever the found on the floor. 

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Is the profile picture the 'Pray for Israel' one I saw floating around on Reddit?

It looks like David’s head is floating next to Jill 😂. Her photoshop skillz are horrible!

90ACA47C-5909-4CC7-BE71-35C2D600C236.jpeg

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 21
2 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

It looks like David’s head is floating next to Jill 😂. Her photoshop skillz are horrible!

90ACA47C-5909-4CC7-BE71-35C2D600C236.jpeg

7C0B9CCC-92DE-4524-A789-3EC5F0715D3B.jpeg

David looks terrible. 

I will give Nathan and Nurie credit, the seem to at least dress nicely most of the time. I hope they clothe their child in  more than discards. 

• Love 11

It seriously looks like a picture from the 80’s frumpy prom. Jill really is stuck in the past. She must still long to go to a public high school. She would have been a mean cheerleader for sure.

D935E773-C5CF-4B16-ABA9-F4759F337602.jpeg

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 2

Where are they right now? Did they make it to Florida? Nurthan and Tim are there. And Jill is wearing Nurie's demon tree dress.

That pray for Israel graphic is so odd. Of course, the Rods are praying for all Jewish people to go to Israel and convert to the "right" religion so God can airlift out the "right" Christians and presumably destroy the rest of the earth. Their choice of image for that message is a huge photo of themselves rising out of and hovering over a cityscape? It looks like an old movie poster for Godzilla, King Kong, or . . . . 

Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 1.03.39 PM.png

• LOL 15
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

D935E773-C5CF-4B16-ABA9-F4759F337602.jpeg

Did Jill go in with a bottle of White-Out and paint everyone's teeth?  Some of their mouths are weirdly misshapen, especially Timbits and the not-Nuries standing in front of the Phillip.

Also Shrek's hand on Jill's belly is gross and Nathan is holding onto Nurie like she's a balloon that might float away.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Where are they right now? Did they make it to Florida? Nurthan and Tim are there. And Jill is wearing Nurie's demon tree dress.

That pray for Israel graphic is so odd. Of course, the Rods are praying for all Jewish people to go to Israel and convert to the "right" religion so God can airlift out the "right" Christians and presumably destroy the rest of the earth. Their choice of image for that message is a huge photo of themselves rising out of and hovering over a cityscape? It looks like an old movie poster for Godzilla, King Kong, or . . . . 

Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 1.03.39 PM.png

Many fundies of Jill's ilk feel that the creation of Israel as a Jewish nation is a sign of the end times being at hand.  They don't so much want to convert the Jews (they may consider them a lost cause for all I know), but they are sure that Israel's existence is required for the rapture and all the other fun stuff to come.  It's their interpretation of the Book of Revelelation which, if read while sober, comes off like a bad acid trip.  And, if you know your history of that part of the world, was probably based on the politics of the region a couple thousand years ago.  Jill loves history you know!

That photo of Jill and David's torsos floating over Jerusalem is creepy AF.

• Love 17
27 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

How did TimBits manage to get a month off of work to accompany the rest of the Rods on GriftFest Tour 2021?

Mommy Dearest probably went to his bosses and told them Timmy Boy was gone for a month and that was that.  I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't enquire as to how much paid vacation time he had coming to make sure those checks are direct deposited into her account as always.

I don't believe Tim has any choice or autonomy in any aspect of his life since he returned from Wisconsin.