Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, DangerousMinds said:

WTF do the Duggars keep inviting them to their weddings and let them into heir home?

I think it's one of those things where numbers matter above all else. They need to humble brag that 1,000 guests showed up for Joy's or Joe's or whoever's wedding, so the mass mailing invite goes out to every Fundie in possession of a denim frumper. I actually don't think the Rodriguii get invited to the after-parties, more like they just show up knowing the Duggars can't really ask them to leave in front of 300 other guests. 

• Love 14
30 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

It's a roleplay account! Nothing to see here.

So, does that mean the photo of the two of them on the swing together was photoshopped, or something? Looks kind of intimate (for them) to me. :)

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Let me get this straight, someone is openly playing out some sort of fantasy romance as duck dynasty daughter via an Instagram account? 

You got it.  And there are literally thousands of other accounts just like it.

• Love 9

I knew about it and I still don't believe it, lol.  At least with the likes of fanfiction, even a bad writer can delude themselves they're practicing actual writing skills.  What a roleplay account does other than wasting time someone could be spending creating their own interesting life, I can't imagine.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Cat-fishers, role players, trolls - most of what I've learned about the internet crazies, I've learned on here. So many posters - so much knowledge.

Besides all of this , I learn a new word almost every day on these forums.  

I never know until I look them up if they're slang or a real word.

(And I'd hate to have my Google search forensically examined.) :)

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 13
On 8/22/2017 at 5:09 AM, Annb67 said:

So according to Jill's blog, the Duggars are super parents because the kids say Yes Ma'am and Yes sir. Seriously, that's it? 

Police officer: Josh did you molest your sisters?

Josh: Yes sir! 

Congrats Jim Boob and Michelle. Parents of the century?

I guess she never heard of Eddie Haskell, either. 

• Love 22
10 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

What's he doing with the boat? Fixing the locks for rescue missions?

Well, there are Catholics to convert & KJB bibles to give out.  What better an opportunity than a natural disaster to push your beliefs on others.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Lunera said:

Lawson and Nathan are in Texas helping out

Good for them. More than the Duggars are doing. Jim Bob will probably show up in a boat, hand them a Bible and a dum dum and sail on by leaving them in the water.

• Love 19

Bontrager double wedding. I forgot that they actually livestreamed this! LOL

Don't be alarmed at the length. Nothing happens until aobut 25 minutes in (I just FFed until I saw people going down the aisle). Lots to snark on, and I've just gotten to the brides being walked down by Daddy! 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Bontrager double wedding. I forgot that they actually livestreamed this! LOL

Don't be alarmed at the length. Nothing happens until aobut 25 minutes in (I just FFed until I saw people going down the aisle). Lots to snark on, and I've just gotten to the brides being walked down by Daddy! 

Awww..the brides look sweet and precious. (I'm so mean)

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Yeah, one of the creepy Stepford grooms goes full-on Jeremy Vuolo and delivers a really boring ass sermon around the one-hour mark. 

I FFed through it, but it lasted about 10 full minutes. The brother had nothing to add. Thank xenu. LOL

• Love 2

And the one girl (I've already forgotten her name, other than it was Not Cassidy) who wore her dress with the train up. Why bother with one in the first place if you're not going to use it? She knew her wedding was going to be outdoors in a tent for months! 

ETA: And to think that the Duggars used to attend weddings like this routinely. If they ever went to a Maxwell wedding, multiply this by a hundred. I was surprised that the Bontrager wedding mentioned Dougie The Tool's now defunct San Antonio Film Festival. There seemed to be a lot of crossover with the Gothardites and VF here. The Duggars attended multiple times, and even got it on [Howmanyever] Kids when they first met Kirky Cameron. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2

Just did a drive by at FJ, and there were people who actually watched the live feed. They spotted the Maxwells AND some Duggars, who got seated just behind the family. 

No wedding for JoKen tomorrow (it's still Friday here, LOL). 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The video is coming up "private" for me. Just black fuzz.

Theyput it up on their You Tube page. It's not Bontranger Family Singers, but should be easily searchable with that surname. I'm watching today's live feed. It's already too hot to go outside (we're not used to extreme heat here). ?

• Love 2
On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 10:04 AM, Lunera said:

Lawson and Nathan are in Texas helping out

It looks to me to be a Gilligan's Island 3 hour tour.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, ariel said:

It looks to me to be a three hour Gilligan's Island tour. 

Lmfaooooo. Lawson in that video is like a mix of the Crocodile Hunter, Bear Grylls and Anderson Cooper. His mission is dangerous and he might have to survive on the carcasses of drowned horses, but if the wind messes up his hair, he'll cut a bitch.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, ariel said:

It looks like the little boat is headed towards the lglesia Church.

Iglesia translates as church. So it's not the name of the church, it's just a big glaring sign that says C H U R C H.

Maybe they want people flyng over in airplanes to be able to clearly read it.  

That's weird (to me, anyway.)  YMMV :-)

Edited by ChiCricket
Felt like it.
  • Love 2

Edit.  Yay! It worked! Here is the professional album of the Rodriguii wedding vow renewal from the photographer's FB page (LSPhotography). They are predictably tragic, especially the 3 older girls and Sophia's Little House costume. 

https://m.facebook.com/LSPhotographysPics/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1994783490770147&mt_nav=1&__xt__=33.{"logging_data"%3A{"event_type"%3A"tapped_open_page_album"%2C"impression_info"%3A"eyJmIjp7InBhZ2VfaWQiOiIxNjg3MTQxMTA4MjAxMDU1IiwiaXRlbV9jb3VudCI6IjAifX0"%2C"surface"%3A"mobile_page_photos_tab"%2C"interacted_story_type"%3A"148947852156832"%2C"session_id"%3A"d23bf40cd220f8a370f413c6abfccd87"}}

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 6

Tragic doesn't begin to cover it! They can put out funds for matchy-matchy ugly one time use clothing and a professional photographer but they can't feed their skeletal children on the regular? 

• Love 18

That's exactly what I was going to say. They're prepared to spend money to amuse me dress up and get photos done when they don't seem to feed their children? Is Daddy Rodrigues less than comfortable in front of a camera, or does he look stunned for another reason? The poor youngest girl in that outfit.

Edited by Obsidian
Accidentally pressed 'submit' before finishing comment.
  • Love 6