Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

57 minutes ago, Genevrier said:

ETA Speaking of unfortunate imagery, I went to their facebook and came across this gem: "God has chosen to open my womb again and give us our 13th child." Now I really am in need of that brain bleach. Is this something people actually say? 

Well, they say it in 'The Handmaid's Tale'.  The handmaids greet one another with 'May the Lord open'.  It was also apparently a popular way to tell  world that the Queen was pregnant back in olden times when it was considered impolite to use the word 'pregnant'.  In the Old Testament, there are references to women's wombs being open or closed by God for various reasons, indicating ability to bear kids.

If you know about Jill R's fundie beliefs, it makes sense.  She and Chimpy need another kid like they need another hole in the head.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 9

Poor new Rodriguii baby-to-be.  Eighteen years of starvation rations to look forward to.  Hair spray fog to live through.  Screeching "music" to assault the ears.  And then early marriage, endless pregnancies and poverty.  What a life.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, Genevrier said:

Well, thank you very much for that mental image! (Wasn't there a bottle of brain bleach being passed around in the Josh and Anna thread a while ago? We may need it over here shortly.) 

ETA Speaking of unfortunate imagery, I went to their facebook and came across this gem: "God has chosen to open my womb again and give us our 13th child." Now I really am in need of that brain bleach. Is this something people actually say? 

It's a plexus miracle!

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I'm confused guys...why are we reading about Jill Rodriguez having a baby, but there is a photo of Sierra pregnant with her family? Are they both "expecting'?

Yes.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Annb67 said:

Ok. Well Jill's version of extremely well is probably five dollars and a box of Plexus.

She probably throws in some hair and makeup tutorials too to sweeten the deal. 

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, ariel said:

You really do need a scorecard to keep up with who is pregnant.  Thankfully Michelle isn't.

I'm guessing Joy is likely in that race now. Alyssa Bates said she's "waiting a while" before having more. Curious if either Erin or Whitney are. I suppose fertile Jessa could be pregnant again.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, kalamac said:

Does standing fully on the pink side of the wall mean the new baby is a girl? Like, if it was going to be a boy, would she be turned sideways, so her belly is in the blue side of the picture? Am I overthinking the way this idiot family does things.  Girl in cowboy boots whose name I can't remember, you're wearing proper shoes - make a run for it while you can.

Hah, I didn't read the hashtags, or swipe left, before I posted. Boy.

I'm not familiar with Instagram myself (much prefer Twitter)... I used to be very confused at first because I would always forget to look for arrows (I read you guys' high-quality snark on my computer) and people would mention elements that were in subsequent pictures... I know better now lol.

giphy.gif

(Basically me before)

• Love 5
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

I'm confused guys...why are we reading about Jill Rodriguez having a baby, but there is a photo of Sierra pregnant with her family? Are they both "expecting'?

more like building an army for Jesus!

• Love 4

It's like she's ok with starving her kids? How much meat is on a chicken leg anyway? So, JRod, you're starving your children for Jesus? How is that pleasing to God to see your emaciated children? I have no words...well, I do, but none of them are very nice!

• Love 11

Wait, it's LITERALLY the HAPPIEST time she almost EVER witnesses in her home.

... what's the happiest time she witnessed in her home? That is such a weird started to make.

Also, it's sad that she admits with each new kid she has less to give them, except it's okay because God. 

Edited by McManda
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, McManda said:

Wait, it's LITERALLY the HAPPIEST time she almost EVER witnesses in her home.

... what's the happiest time she witnessed in her home? That is such a weird started to make.

Also, it's sad that she admits with each new kid she has less to give them, except it's okay because God. 

I have a feeling God has a few thoughts  on that

• Love 14

Maybe Jill should stop buying the Plexus and instead take up gardening or learning to cook cheaply to feed her family. Outside the products themselves being a load of herbal bullshit, they're also expensive. That red bottle of Plexus Boost she deepthroated in her Facebook video? $40 for 60 capsules (that are supposed to last a month). The Slim pink drink you've probably seen people rave about on Facebook? $87 for 30 packets (that, with optimal use would last 15 days!).

She might get product from being a salesperson, but most MLM companies make you buy your inventory, so ... unless she's selling a boatload of Plexus to her blog followers she's likely either losing money, or at the very least just breaking even.

• Love 12

Oh no. I'm sad to hear about sierra and Jill expecting. Especially Jill. 

Why is "chicken leg" in quotes??

I didn't realize sierra wore shorts, much less jean shorts!  Jessa is being left in the dust by modesty defectors. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, tabloidlover said:

Is Jill fucking kidding me????  

She literally admits there is less food for the others!  How about less food for fat ass David??

The fuck? What an idiot. Btw...with the crap going down in our world today I highly doubt god is walking around taking time to open and close people's wombs.?

Edited by Annb67
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Did you know Plexus was a living, breathing being? 

plexuswtf.png.eea0cf34e24f7dcd0e7e83c4065d4923.png

Right, I read it properly and  it's the Plexus that has a 60 day money back guarantee, not the pregnancy. It's horrifying that she is happy that there's less food for her children every time she reproduces.

I'm curious - how is anything in Jill's life anything but a whole lot of temporal moments of satisfaction? Make up, hair spray, having more children than someone else...

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, Obsidian said:

Right, I read it properly and  it's the Plexus that has a 60 day money back guarantee, not the pregnancy. It's horrifying that she is happy that there's less food for her children every time she reproduces.

I'm curious - how is anything in Jill's life anything but a whole lot of temporal moments of satisfaction? Make up, hair spray, having more children than someone else...

I liked "together in Plexus", like she thinks it's "together in the Holy Ghost".  Vaguely blasphemous, which is a surprise from Jill.  

Technically I feel she isn't happy each kid gets less food; she's congratulating herself on/telling herself her unselfish (skeletal) kids would rather have a new sibling than food, so isn't she a wonderful mother for turning out such paragons.

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, queenanne said:

I liked "together in Plexus", like she thinks it's "together in the Holy Ghost".  Vaguely blasphemous, which is a surprise from Jill.  

Technically I feel she isn't happy each kid gets less food; she's congratulating herself on/telling herself her unselfish (skeletal) kids would rather have a new sibling than food, so isn't she a wonderful mother for turning out such paragons.

When, in fact, she should be wondering why it is her kids think its ok to starve themselves.  Maybe the fact that they're apparently willing to die of starvation rather than eat healthily should give her a clue that they are not happy and she is doing a terrible job of parenting.

• Love 9

During the 80s, there was a punk band called Skeletal Family, and their music at least won't make your ears bleed to the extent the Rodriguii traveling minstrel show might. Just to prove I'm not making this up...and the guitar work is kickass!  

One skeletal family way cooler than the Rodriguii.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Is Jill fucking kidding me????  

She literally admits there is less food for the others!  How about less food for fat ass David??

If you think about it, they grift for food off of churches they sing at. I believe it's the only meals these kids get. I can't see Jill buying groceries and cooking much of anything. They are always on the road. On her blog she bragged about how she got caught up with laundry at the Duggars. I don't doubt that they somehow grifted some food from the Duggars because they are so rich in comparison.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

If you think about it, they grift for food off of churches they sing at. I believe it's the only meals these kids get. I can't see Jill buying groceries and cooking much of anything. They are always on the road. On her blog she bragged about how she got caught up with laundry at the Duggars. I don't doubt that they somehow grifted some food from the Duggars because they are so rich in comparison.

What do they eat while they're on the road? Reheated leftovers from the last church supper? I imagine it's difficult to cook for so many in the RV. Turning on the stove with all those hairspray fumes is really not a good idea.

• Love 9
19 hours ago, queenanne said:

Yes, I meant happy as in accepting of the fact, not that she thinks it's better that they get less.

13 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

During the 80s, there was a punk band called Skeletal Family, and their music at least won't make your ears bleed to the extent the Rodriguii traveling minstrel show might. Just to prove I'm not making this up...and the guitar work is kickass!  

One skeletal family way cooler than the Rodriguii.

Old skool deathtocker at heart, here, so I had to thumbs up your mention of Skeletal Family 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Who would want to grift the crappy food the Duggars eat?  You'd have to be pretty desperate to do that!

I think those starving Rodriguii children will eat about anything offered to them.

• Love 11

Maybe if Jill gave up HER "chicken leg" to the children, she wouldn't have to take Plexus in the first place in order to lose weight.  She should make Chimpy also give up his chicken legs as well, otherwise I don't see him living long enough to see this 13th child to adulthood.  He'll die of heart attack or stroke.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

What do they eat while they're on the road? Reheated leftovers from the last church supper? I imagine it's difficult to cook for so many in the RV. Turning on the stove with all those hairspray fumes is really not a good idea.

I think I read on her blog that they love Dollar Tree and make frequent stops there while on the road. The bigger DTs around have a large assortment of food. I know they even have fresh eggs in the fridge. I can see that she might feed them a lot of ramen noodles and eggs while on the road.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Fuzzysox said:

I think I read on her blog that they love Dollar Tree and make frequent stops there while on the road. The bigger DTs around have a large assortment of food. I know they even have fresh eggs in the fridge. I can see that she might feed them a lot of ramen noodles and eggs while on the road.

Hence, the reason it's called a stink bus. All those eggy farts!

• Love 3

Yes. She's just barely turned 18 or will soon.  Nurie actually dresses better than the frumpers.  She's a pretty girl, but she just needs a little more meat on her bones. Sofia (aka "Baby in a Cage) looks horribly scrawny for a baby who's supposedly been breastfed. 

Now there's even less food to go around now that Mama got herself knocked up again. I guess that's what happened when Chimpy saw her deepthroating that bottle of Plexus. 

• Love 12
On 8/18/2017 at 7:56 AM, Genevrier said:

Maybe "chicken leg" is code for something, and we are simply not holy enough to grasp the metaphor?

Hope it doesn't really stand for stray cat one of the starving kids caught by a dumpster. ?

• Love 4

Do you think the Duggars have any insight when they see the Rodrigues family? Like that would be them without TLC. No money, no iPhones, no exposure to the real world. Izzy and Spurgeon have been on more flights than Jana has been on. They live in a house with multiple bathrooms and have a pantry full of food. I hope they're aware enough to think, there but the grace of God ...

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Lunera said:

That girl looks unfortunate. She looks like a 40 year old woman next to cute, tiny Jana. Isn't she Kendra's age?

I thought Nurie was Mama R in that picture.  I think living the R "lifestyle" can certainly age someone.  I guess Mama's magic potions aren't helping her.

• Love 4