Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, she's partway there. She's marrying something that professes to be godly and probably is a d--k.

Bbbbbut he has a dick and a pulse and he goes Fundy; therefore, the logical conclusion, acceptable.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Wonder how her first night went. I cannot believe she actually went through with it. Horrifying.

I only hope went for the front door and not the back door.  Poor Tabby, the thought of this ugly, greasy, smug, and nasty man grunting and sweating on top of her makes me ill. 

Though I personally believe redemption is an article of faith, I don't see the contrition there and I find the lack of empathy for his victim upsetting. Then, he gets to claim the lovely and pure Tabitha as some sort of prize and reward....

• Love 18

What's Joe Paine's deal? Given the IG handle, was he born in 98 -- which would make him 19? He's got the Paine guy looks - and from his IG appears to have some friends . . . . Hopefully he make a good catch for a fundie girl in the next 1-9 yrs. Any 19 yr old Duggar girls??

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, cereality said:

What's Joe Paine's deal? Given the IG handle, was he born in 98 -- which would make him 19? He's got the Paine guy looks - and from his IG appears to have some friends . . . . Hopefully he make a good catch for a fundie girl in the next 1-9 yrs. Any 19 yr old Duggar girls??

The only one was Joy and she settled for a guy who's basically one of her brothers. The other Paine kid who's married has a really cute wife who wore tank tops and shorts on her honeymoon, so I don't know if a frumpy Duggar girl would make the cut.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, cereality said:

I think after Joy comes the howlers and then Hannie. 

Man - Joy locked it down too quick. Why not try to rub elbows with someone like Joe Paine at fundie weddings etc. -- they only live 1 state away. He's cute. He appears to be sociable. He's a true fundie - if his crazy fundie family is any indication. And being one of the younger of a long line of brothers, he has seen how courtships work and would likely have romanced her the way Chad romanced Erin - rather than describing her as reliable/can get stuff done and then sitting her on the side of a mountain and saying God said they should court - like Austin did. And if it didn't work out, Austin would still have been available 3-6 months later.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Any wedding pics yet?

I haven't seen anything and usually Pickles is on top of it. I looked through everyone's Instagrams and the most I could find was a family pic of Zac, Whit and the kids all dolled up, but they didn't say where they were going. I'm guessing we won't see much of the nuptials on social media. Now that the cat's out of the bag in regards to Tim, they probably don't feel like getting bombarded with nasty comments. 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I haven't seen anything and usually Pickles is on top of it. I looked through everyone's Instagrams and the most I could find was a family pic of Zac, Whit and the kids all dolled up, but they didn't say where they were going. I'm guessing we won't see much of the nuptials on social media. Now that the cat's out of the bag in regards to Tim, they probably don't feel like getting bombarded with nasty comments. 

Apparently the wedding was filmed and will appear on the season premier of Bringing Up Bates.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, cereality said:

Man - Joy locked it down too quick. Why not try to rub elbows with someone like Joe Paine at fundie weddings etc. -- they only live 1 state away. He's cute. He appears to be sociable. He's a true fundie - if his crazy fundie family is any indication. And being one of the younger of a long line of brothers, he has seen how courtships work and would likely have romanced her the way Chad romanced Erin - rather than describing her as reliable/can get stuff done and then sitting her on the side of a mountain and saying God said they should court - like Austin did. And if it didn't work out, Austin would still have been available 3-6 months later.

You're assuming that it was Joy who locked it down and not JB wanting to create material for another season of Counting On .

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Mollie said:

Apparently the wedding was filmed and will appear on the season premier of Bringing Up Bates.  

Bowl me over with a feather. They really have no shame, and I thought the Duggars were bad. Sheesh.

• Love 11
45 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Erin said that she refused to discuss it. 

That she refused to discuss what? Tim's proclivities?

Wondering if in their minds that being an anal rapist isn't as big a sin as being divorced?  The They believe that sin is sin is sin, but being divorced is the most egregious in their eyes.

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah, she said that she wouldn't be discussing T/T. Sorry, on the phone, so I go for brevity.?

Where/to whom did Erin say she wouldn't discuss Tabitha/Tim? One would hope she'd say - I won't discuss it - while thinking she's disgusted by the whole thing but she knows that it is her father in law's decision and she can't do anything about it but she doesn't want to think about it for one more second. Reality is in this cult - I don't discuss it means - I think you all are mean for bashing my perfect husband's family; we are all so #blessed that his 31 yr old sister FINALLY found a man and will have some babies; this is a true blessing from God that she found a perfectly lovely fella and everything that's been said about him is false bc y'all are just mean.

• Love 8
(edited)

These people all drink from the same pitcher of Kool-Aid, so it wouldn't surprise me if Erin bought Tim's reformed sinner act. After all, this is the same woman who once said she didn't want to attend a regular college because she might be seated next to someone with green hair. The Bateseses have evolved more rapidly than the Duggars, but I still wouldn't consider them mainstream in what they tolerate or condemn. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 5

Oh I agree, they're all cut from the same cloth. Plus Erin and her husband now officially have to share a brain. It is impossible for her to think - this is a bad thing - when Chad obviously is looking at it as the biggest blessing for his sister. And I say obviously bc in this cult, if a brother steps up and says - no you are not courting or marrying this guy, the womenfolk can't. We've even hear JD say that Jana has come to him and asked him to check out potential guys for her and he's said "nah I don't think this'll work but I'll [half heartedly] see what I can find out." So a brother can put the kibosh on the deal just bc he feels like it. So clearly Prince Chad and all the other brothers in the family want their sister married off bad enough that they were willing to believe Tim's whole redemption BS and overlook his obvious criminality. If this ends up as screwed up as Anna Duggar's marriage, I hope they'll then blame themselves for not stepping up in their manly duty of protecting their dumb sister.

• Love 4
(edited)

Surely, Tim had to make a full confession before her father of what he'd done in his past and face a battery of questions to determine whether or not he was a worthy enough suitor to be permitted to court her.

As repugnant as his behavior was and if he meets their criteria for being a changed man, they are the ones who have to accept him. or not. No doubt they will be making sure he's accountable at all times.

It must be hard to have a label follow you around or be reminded or flamed on the internet for something you might be very ashamed of, that continues to haunt you, wherever you go. I'm not minimizing the shame that poor girl felt and the revictimization she felt when court papers flew around the web.

Not so much that I feel compassion for him, but wondering how embarrassing it must be for anyone to have a shameful secret or anyone who has attempted to put a few moments of stupid behavior behind them be put up for public consumption.

He's gross and skeevy on every level, and I just can't imagine any father being ok with letting his daughter marry someone so awful.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
Pronouns
  • Love 3

Yeah they are kind of trapped in a logic circle of their own making.  If you are pushing how wonderful you are after asking Jesus to be your savior you have to also buy into the whole redemption thing.   The problem is seeing the likes of Smuggar and this guy is that redemption doesn't just come with a glib "I asked forgiveness" it comes from real contrition in the heart.  Also while God's forgiveness is the ultimate soul cleanser, the Bible doesn't absolve the sinner from forgiveness from those you sinned against. 

What gets me with Tim is that he so willfully refuses to take any responsibility and yet also tries to play the "clean slate" approach.  How can God forgive you of what you did Rapist Tim if you pretty much openly deny you actually had full responsibility for your actions?

Eventually the likes of Smuggar and Rapist Tim will drag the rest down unless they are willing to not only publicly assert themselves but do so acknowledging the inherent hypocrisy in those that don't.   The Duggars squeak by because they had a fame infrastructure that weathered scandal just enough to let other more salacious news take its place.  But they have an expiration date on their asses and Smuggar made sure that date now is smack dab in the consumers' eyes.   Even the Bates don't have that even as their hope for real fame son keeps doggedly following that Nashville star.  How big can Lawson go if it is a slow newscycle at the same time his auto-tuned ass somehow produces a hit?   Live by social media, you gonna die by social media.  Fickle assed as can be.  The more famous he might become the more tenuous links to perversion become more interesting and newsworthy.  Throw in a cult in legal woes and adding a Rapist like Tim to the cc's of the Paine Family Christmas letter seems downright insane.  Its not like Tim swept Tabby off her feet with his charm, wit and compassion.  More like dragged her by the hair back to the marital cave after a handshake and "good luck, she's all yours" with her father. 

• Love 8

While I realize these cults are set up so the potential husband has to go to his potential father in law to confess his sins and then FIL gets to decide whether or not the guy has repented enough to be marriable -- the reality is all of this is done in high level fundie speak so as to diminish what actually happens. I highly doubt Josh and JB went to Pa Keller and explained that for x months/years, Josh was touching 5 of his sisters and he was specifically putting his fingers in places A,B,C and the sisters were ages X,Y,Z. Nope I bet you it was all - I had sin in my heart and I blamed it on my youthful indiscretions and the devil, I confessed to my parents and they put in me in the prayer closet and I purposed to save all sexual thoughts until marriage. So Pa Keller walks away thinking - oh he was pining for another girl or [gasp] he jerked off -- but then it gets diminished bc what guy hasn't done those things!? Bet you it was the same with Tabitha's husband with a whole explanation of how the system was out to get him so Pa Paine should ignore any/all court papers - and what do you want to bet Pa Paine didn't even pull up the court papers!?

• Love 6
2 hours ago, cereality said:

If this ends up as screwed up as Anna Duggar's marriage, I hope they'll then blame themselves for not stepping up in their manly duty of protecting their dumb sister.

They won't though, I expect. Because penis.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, cereality said:

While I realize these cults are set up so the potential husband has to go to his potential father in law to confess his sins and then FIL gets to decide whether or not the guy has repented enough to be marriable -- the reality is all of this is done in high level fundie speak so as to diminish what actually happens. I highly doubt Josh and JB went to Pa Keller and explained that for x months/years, Josh was touching 5 of his sisters and he was specifically putting his fingers in places A,B,C and the sisters were ages X,Y,Z. Nope I bet you it was all - I had sin in my heart and I blamed it on my youthful indiscretions and the devil, I confessed to my parents and they put in me in the prayer closet and I purposed to save all sexual thoughts until marriage. So Pa Keller walks away thinking - oh he was pining for another girl or [gasp] he jerked off -- but then it gets diminished bc what guy hasn't done those things!? Bet you it was the same with Tabitha's husband with a whole explanation of how the system was out to get him so Pa Paine should ignore any/all court papers - and what do you want to bet Pa Paine didn't even pull up the court papers!?

Plus, Pa Paine is high on the list of those who've happily given BG a pass on his crap forever. It's the victims there who get the badmouthing. Paine and the rest of the board's response to those victims isn't that dissimilar to Tim's behavior toward his victim, actually.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8
(edited)

OK I don't agree with anything this Tim guy did, but from this holier than thou patriarchal BS line of thinking, I can see the twisted logic behind how they could blame the intoxicated stripper for tempting the intoxicated, helpless, can't think for himself man, into doing bad things. She's co-conspiring with Satan himself, and Tim couldn't help what he did, blah blah blah.

But.........even if the woman was Mrs. Satan herself, why on earth would Dr. Paine, etc., think his sweet, innocent, pure in thought and action, virgin daughter deserved someone who really doesn't seem to show much remorse or culpability for his actions? If they're going to embrace that Madonna vs Whore line of thinking, and the assaulted woman was just a disposable whore, then wouldn't Tabitha, his own flesh and blood who has lived under his umbrella of protection give to him by Jesus Christ himself, deserve somebody better? Kinder? Nicer? Sweeter? 

Surely there has to be some dull as dirt, but not criminal, beta male who could've been told to marry Tabster?

*Have to add I'm trying my best to be Devil's Advocate here for Tabitha's sake, and I don't think the assaulted woman is worthless, disposable, asked for it, or Tim's actions were justified by any means. I want to make that crystal clear.

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 18
(edited)
On 4/1/2017 at 3:59 PM, cereality said:

I too thought the Tabitha as nanny/tutor was a set up for her to live with the Duggars and for JD to decide that God was purposing for him to court her. He's younger than her but still the oldest eligible Duggar male. I kind of wonder why he didn't make a move? I mean where else is he meeting fundie girls? If one falls in your lap who is desperate to marry, don't you lock it up? He can't be holding out for someone with better looks, right - bc he isn't so hot himself? In prior seasons, he has seemed sad that he isn't married. There was some event where they went zip lining with Ben and Derrick - for them to prove that they were man enough to marry their sisters - and JD said something about how it doesn't matter if something happens to him bc he doesn't have a wife/kids waiting for him; and when he built that playground for his siblings, he made a comment about "lord willing I'll build something like this for my own kids one day." Yet last season when producers asked him if he was looking, he said "I'm too busy for that" -- which came across as -- I don't want to get married anyway . . . so he doesn't look like he's pining for something he can't/won't have.

I kind of wonder if he wants a "regular" Christian (like Whitney) so he can go fundie lite. With an arranged marriage set up by the Paines and JB -he'd be locked into a fundie life of no birth control, a kid every year etc. Even though Tabitha is in her 30s, I bet she could still have 8-10 kids if they tried constantly. I feel like he'd do better in a more "regular" religious conservative life -- a stay home wife; he provides as a contractor/construction guy; and 2-3 kids attending Christian school.

Maybe all the guys are on saltpeter. None of them seem too sexual. Thanks, Josh!

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

OK I don't agree with anything this Tim guy did, but from this holier than thou patriarchal BS line of thinking, I can see the twisted logic behind how they could blame the intoxicated stripper for tempting the intoxicated, helpless, can't think for himself man, into doing bad things. She's co-conspiring with Satan himself, and Tim couldn't help what he did, blah blah blah.

But.........even if the woman was Mrs. Satan herself, why on earth would Dr. Paine, etc., think his sweet, innocent, pure in thought and action, virgin daughter deserved someone who really doesn't seem to show much remorse or culpability for his actions? If they're going to embrace that Madonna vs Whore line of thinking, and the assaulted woman was just a disposable whore, then wouldn't Tabitha, his own flesh and blood who has lived under his umbrella of protection give to him by Jesus Christ himself, deserve somebody better? Kinder? Nicer? Sweeter? 

Surely there has to be some dull as dirt, but not criminal, beta male who could've been told to marry Tabster?

*Have to add I'm trying my best to be Devil's Advocate here for Tabitha's sake, and I don't think the assaulted woman is worthless, disposable, asked for it, or Tim's actions were justified by any means. I want to make that crystal clear.

John David? Lawson? Jeremy's brother?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

John David? Lawson? Jeremy's brother?

John David clearly didn't work out, but you're right. Tabitha was 30, so maybe all the more decent guys were married already. Her dad should've actually tried to help facilitate something. I don't care what these guys spout, they're still men, and think with their eyes and penises lot more than they admit. They're all going to go after who they think is hot, fun, nonintinidsting and then worry about if they girl is prepared to be a keeper of the home etc.

Tabitha wasn't outgoing like the Duggae girls, and always looked really plain - she's average looking but always looked like she made zero attempts to be noticed. Probably truly following her faith, but guess those banana curls and tons of eyeliner didn't hurt the other girls. Thanks, Mr Paine. Tab was only following orders. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

John David clearly didn't work out, but you're right. Tabitha was 30, so maybe all the more decent guys were married already. Her dad should've actually tried to help facilitate something. I don't care what these guys spout, they're still men, and think with their eyes and penises lot more than they admit. They're all going to go after who they think is hot, fun, nonintinidsting and then worry about if they girl is prepared to be a keeper of the home etc.

Tabitha wasn't outgoing like the Duggae girls, and always looked really plain - she's average looking but always looked like she made zero attempts to be noticed. Probably truly following her faith, but guess those banana curls and tons of eyeliner didn't hurt the other girls. Thanks, Mr Paine. Tab was only following orders. 

Tabitha is 31 and Tim is 46.  The pickings are slim for fundy women past a certain age.  (Beware, Jana!)

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Mollie said:

Tabitha is 31 and Tim is 46.  The pickings are slim for fundy women past a certain age.  (Beware, Jana!)

There's plenty of available single men over 30 outside Fundyland, but since Fundies represent a small percentage anyway...and the math would have to reject all divorced men from Fundy/Fundy lite groups. Certainly a widower would be acceptable, but not too many men are widowers at that age.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Ocean Chick said:

Holy cow - JRod is trying to auction off her oldest daughter in a big way, in her latest posting.  I wonder how many takers they'll get?

16 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Selling Nurie and drumming up sympathy for Amy to sell Plexus...all in one day. Nice work, Jillsy! 

Oh my goodness. Why not take out an ad for Nurie who is fervently praying for the man of her dreams, yet she is TRULY a very content person. And wow her posture in a few of the pics is anything but modest. It appears she is trying to give the 'girls' center stage.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Ocean Chick said:

Holy cow - JRod is trying to auction off her oldest daughter in a big way, in her latest posting.  I wonder how many takers they'll get?

JRod is the Mrs Bennet of fundies. And while that makes me sarcastic, it also makes me sad, because relying on your daughter's marriage prospects as a way to hopefully gain financial security is just such a sad waste of Nurie's potential.

• Love 13
On 4/2/2017 at 11:18 AM, cereality said:

Shhhh don't let the cat out of the bag that Joe is available, we all know Jill R. will be sniffing him out in a heartbeat if she thinks she can get a match for Nurie. Jill R wants to be fundie royality and to marry a Paine boy----->Lort, please help us all because she won't be able to contain herself.

• Love 4
(edited)

JillyRod never disappoints. That blog entry might as well just say "VIRGIN FOR SALE."

She's submissive, she's PURE, she's obedient, she's desperate, she's CHASTE, she's not to educated, did we mention she's SAVING IT FOR MARRIAGE?

JillyRod's grammar and punctuation is so bad, it makes Jill Duggar's writing look like Shakespeare. 

This family is so kooky, I have to wonder if they're for real, or this is some sort of bizarre stag persona to help them grift. When you make the Duggar's look classy and normal, you know something is way off. Way, way off, but not Nurie - she's a Submissive Virgin. Did we mention she's obedient AND looking for a Master? 

Also - JillyRod's family members all look like they haven't eaten in a month (except Mr. JillyRody), but somebody's purchased a nice thick Wonderbra for Nurie! Yes, I made sure I said "WONDERBRA", because it's straight out of 1993, just like JillyRod and Nurie's hair and makeup.

Josiah may be just smug and gullible enough that JillyRod could set a trap and have him married to Nurie before he even knows it. This would definitely ensue enough hijinks for TLC to pick up another season or two. YOU HEAR ME, JIMBOB? Make it so. 

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

WTF? Sounds like a pitch for a service dog, not a spouse.

When it comes to Duggar brothers, Nurie could do a lot worse than Si.

Very true. JD is way too old and bland to handle a really silly, sheltered girl. His dullness would bring any attention seeking thing who needs approval to tears. 

The Howlers may grow up to be nice young men, but right now they all still seem smug and selfish, and would treat any woman who didn't steamroll them like crap. Sort of like Jimbob, no?

Joe is engaged. Gotta be Josiah. Somewhere Marj is thanking her lucky stars she dodged a huge bullet.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Very true. JD is way too old and bland to handle a really silly, sheltered girl. His dullness would bring any attention seeking thing who needs approval to tears. 

The Howlers may grow up to be nice young men, but right now they all still seem smug and selfish, and would treat any woman who didn't steamroll them like crap. Sort of like Jimbob, no?

Joe is engaged. Gotta be Josiah. Somewhere Marj is thanking her lucky stars she dodged a huge bullet.

Or Jer or Jed. They just graduated and I think are turning 19 this year.

Oh and Jill R's comment that she is so thankful that Nuri will be staying with them - where would she go? How would she support herself?

• Love 4

I haven't even made it to Jill R's blog and I am just about wetting myself laughing at those pink shoes! OMG they are horrid!  And what is with the little girl on the left?  Everyone else is wearing some shade of pink and she has bright orange on! And the hands on the hips pose, seriously, it looks pathetic!  and the little girl on the right at the front, is she the one that everyone says always looks sad? Those poor kids look malnourished and pasty and those smiles are the most forced things I have seen in a while.  My guess is they didn't say, "Grandma's undies" to the photographer to get a genuine smile!  

Off to read the blog now...

21 minutes ago, LittlePeas3 said:

Jill R's Blog, all I can say is Oh wow, I have nothing else, but Oh Wow!  

All that is missing is the GIANT FLASHING "DONATE" button. Although she did suggest sending Nurie money (for a graduation gift) if anyone was so inclined.

• Love 5