Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E16: Amster-Damn

• Start Topic

Eileen immediately says to Kim, "Shame on you. You're disgusting." So it seemed like she was keyed into that and Kim was definitely going there with the eating disorder. That's why Lisa R's joke about never passing up a slice of cake was cringe-worthy to me in a "she doth protest too much" way.

There's been a lot of disordered eating on display this season. The cleanse, the milkshake trauma, the cake ... I think they all resisted the space cakes just because of the word "cake." And I got the impression Yolanda didn't eat the cake at her mother's house either!

Question: Brandi said the cleanse was over and yet she didn't partake at the coffee shop. She said in the TH that it was because she needed to keep her game face on, but that's certainly never stopped her before. What do you think was her real reason?

I think, as others have mentioned here, that Brandi may have been given a "good behavior or else" lecture by production.  Unfortunately, they should have included Kim in on that lecture....

• Love 5

Wondering if Kim's doctors, after seeing or reading about RHOBH and the topic of addiction...have relooked at her perscriptions? Especially in light of her taking drugs perscribed to someone else?

IMO, even if the DR saw the show and questioned Kim about what they saw, she would just say she was "acting" a part and that it is not real at all. There is no way any Dr. could determine "acting" from "real" life from what they see on a show and I doubt that Kim would agree to any test that would show drug/alcohol use. We also do not know how many Dr.'s she sees/uses! lol

• Love 4

Earlier I said that Kim went and apologized to LisaR. Wow, I must have been Potemkinized or something, because, as others have pointed out, she did no such thing! She basically made the same lame accusations to Lisa, deflected with her delusional idea that somehow Lisa's comments were hurting Kim's kids, etc. Then she made an admission that did floor me - "I saw me at my ugliest." Followed immediately by, "It bothered me to see where I allowed this person to take me."

Incredible. You took yourself there, Kim. Can you ever, ever own up to what you do out of your own contentious nastiness? And enough with how LisaR has "lied" about you and how no one ever approached you. They most certainly did approach you personally. Remember? "Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah." Yeah, I'm sure you do just want to put it aside. Masterful move you made there.

• Love 14

I thought they were all, including Kyle, joking. If you know all the names for pot, you've smoked. Kyle reeled those off and laughed. Lisa, too, made a joke about not knowing what to do.

Brandi had a hissy fit because she wasn't part of the camaraderie, because she can't laugh about herself and she never gets any jokes.

Exactly right. She didn't like the fact that Kyle was sitting in the place she believes is rightly hers - laughing and joking with Lisa. 

I just don't get the hypocrisy comment at all.  Maybe I don't understand the meaning of the word, but I always think of a hypocrite as being someone who says one thing, but then does another. In this instance, I would assume that if Kyle smoked some occasional pot and Brandi knew it, but then sat in the cafe and scolded others or acted like she was offended at the very idea of people smoking pot, that she was being hypocritical. That is not what she was doing. She was laughing and having a great time. She was amazed there was a menu and that all of these various option existed. She wasn't saying that people who smoke pot are bad, she was saying that in this instance, she didn't want to partake. I love my wine, but there are times, and with certain people, where I don't drink for a variety of reasons. I guess to Brandi I am being a hypocrite.

The other thing is, Brandi doesn't understand discretion.  Someone else on this forum posted that earlier and I loved it. Brandi thinks that every sexual encounter, every experience, every conversation is open for discussion, whether the experience belongs to her or someone else. If someone decides that some things are to not be openly discussed or revealed (like a surrogacy), she thinks that this makes them dishonest, or hypocritical. She had sex on the hood of a guys car once, had a one night stand with Gerard Butler (who didn't know her name), had her vagina all tightened up, engaged in threesomes and smokes pot, and she has no problem with her boys knowing about this, along with the rest of the world. The fact that some people would prefer for these types of things to remain private in her mind means they are up to no good. 

• Love 24

IMO, even if the DR saw the show and questioned Kim about what they saw, she would just say she was "acting" a part and that it is not real at all. There is no way any Dr. could determine "acting" from "real" life from what they see on a show and I doubt that Kim would agree to any test that would show drug/alcohol use. We also do not know how many Dr.'s she sees/uses! lol

Plus if Michael Jackson, the King of Pop, was never investigated despite numerous allegations about his various substance addictions, I kind of doubt anyone on the squad would give a flying fuck about has-been Kim Richards on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.

Ain't nobody got time for that shit.  

• Love 11

Persnickety1 Okay, I'm just going to be full-blown bitch and say this.

Full-blown bitch #2, right here.

She is *massively* fucked-up this season, and has been many times in the past in all the other examples you listed. Your speculation is probably on target re: meth or coke, and right now, by her own admission, she has swapped alcohol for un-prescribed opiates. And she cannot handle her drugs, at all, thus becoming a nuisance and an annoyance to all those around her.

• Love 11

Okay, I'm just going to be full-blown bitch and say this.

During that scene of Kim crawling around on the bathroom floor the night of the SUR party, desperately searching for something she dropped?

My first thought was Brandi hit the nail on the head with the meth comment....That Kim was down there looking for her last little rock of crack to smoke.  

Added to her comment discussed earlier to Kyle in the bathroom at Dana's game night about not sleeping for 7 nights.  

I also thought it might have explained why Ken told her to NOT put it in her purse when she found whatever it was.  Who would care if she had a prescribed pill in her purse?  A crack rock...Not so much.

I seem to recall way back on the TWOP forum someone pointed out Kim's hands during one of her scenes with Kyle in a boutique and said the condition and stains on them looked like a meth user's hands.

Tying that scenario to the current episode, who knows what Kim might be on these days or what type of pain medication she took before Poker Night but, back in the bathroom-floor-scavenger-hunt day, I honestly did consider that Brandi had perhaps hit the nail on the head with the crack comment.  

In retrospect, however, I look at all the other ugly false allegations and innuendos Brandi throws around, and I realize it probably was not the case at all.  

Thank you for reminding me about her hands.  I remember that scene now and didn't she have a missing acrylic nail or two and a Band-Aid on one finger?  They were definitely a mess, especially for how "put together" she can be at times.  I have a dislike for smoked substances so I'm not really familiar with the ins and outs of meth except that the harsher, typical meth side-effects are from smoking it, not snorting.  She does smoke tobacco cigarettes and cigars though but I've never seen anyone's hands like that unless they smoke non-stop and do not spend much time on hygiene.  I have no idea what her preferred vice was/is but I'm sure she wasn't one to be picky a lot of the time.   

I don't trust anything that Brandi says, so if she was correct in that instance, I'll chalk it up (heh. chalk=meth, get it?) to coincidence. 

Oh, and I'm in good full-blown bitch company.  lol

• Love 5

Yes!  Why is Kim so special?   It seems like none of these ladies are allowed to:

Ask Kim if she’s okay.

Speak to Kim directly about anything other than turtles and chicken salad.

Apologize to Kim.

Mention the words “sobriety”, “addict”, and “substance abuse” even when not discussing Kim.

Discuss their own experiences with substance abuse in her presence.

Worry about a friend, sibling, and/or co-worker as they relapse in front of them.

Have feelings about the way Kim treats them, and to discuss those feelings with others.

React when having one’s face called ugly.

React to being told to ‘shut the fuck up’ or similar.

React to being told that they are a bad sister.

React to being held hostage in a vehicle with Kim while she calls you disgusting, etc.

React to being mocked and imitated.

React to having Kim’s crooked finger flung in their face.

React to having Kim threaten to reveal personal information about one’s family.

React at having to wait for Kim while she’s in the bathroom, snorting her sobriety up her nose.

Kim can do and say whatever she wants, but everyone else just needs to silently walk away and leave Kim alone.

Okay. Quoting this because it hits the nail on the head and can't be said often enough. Perhaps if everyone just showed up on set with muzzles on their mouths (except Kim and Brandi, of course) that would make her happy. And, oh, take the muzzles off every once in a while so the others can laugh appreciatively at one of Kim's turtle jokes or maligning mockeries.

• Love 9

Eileen immediately says to Kim, "Shame on you. You're disgusting." So it seemed like she was keyed into that and Kim was definitely going there with the eating disorder. That's why Lisa R's joke about never passing up a slice of cake was cringe-worthy to me in a "she doth protest too much" way.

There's been a lot of disordered eating on display this season. The cleanse, the milkshake trauma, the cake ... I think they all resisted the space cakes just because of the word "cake." And I got the impression Yolanda didn't eat the cake at her mother's house either!

Question: Brandi said the cleanse was over and yet she didn't partake at the coffee shop. She said in the TH that it was because she needed to keep her game face on, but that's certainly never stopped her before. What do you think was her real reason?

I think Brandi was afraid to reveal herself and what she has said about Kim to LisaR and Yolanda. Brandi knows full well how she is loose lipped when she is drunk and out of control. It had to terrify her that she might be exposed as the real one running around exposing Kim's darkest secrets to the others. How would it look to Yolanda if she found out that it was Brandi that brought up Kim's addictions/suicide thoughts to LisaR to keep LisaR from speaking face to face with Brandi about her alcohol/anger issues. Remember, Yolanda preaches that one should talk face to face about issues and not behind someone's back. Brandi could not jeopardize her relationship with Yolanda by getting exposed for what she did and the way she did it. She would not only lose support from Kim herself but most important, Yolanda would cut her loose right there and then and Brandi would really be alone with no one left to film with and no one that would defend her anymore. She had to stay sober to stay alert and to direct Kim in the direction she, Brandi, needed her to go in. JMO LOL

• Love 9
(edited)

Exactly right. She didn't like the fact that Kyle was sitting in the place she believes is rightly hers - laughing and joking with Lisa. 

I just don't get the hypocrisy comment at all.  Maybe I don't understand the meaning of the word, but I always think of a hypocrite as being someone who says one thing, but then does another. In this instance, I would assume that if Kyle smoked some occasional pot and Brandi knew it, but then sat in the cafe and scolded others or acted like she was offended at the very idea of people smoking pot, that she was being hypocritical. That is not what she was doing. She was laughing and having a great time. She was amazed there was a menu and that all of these various option existed. She wasn't saying that people who smoke pot are bad, she was saying that in this instance, she didn't want to partake. I love my wine, but there are times, and with certain people, where I don't drink for a variety of reasons. I guess to Brandi I am being a hypocrite.

The other thing is, Brandi doesn't understand discretion.  Someone else on this forum posted that earlier and I loved it. Brandi thinks that every sexual encounter, every experience, every conversation is open for discussion, whether the experience belongs to her or someone else. If someone decides that some things are to not be openly discussed or revealed (like a surrogacy), she thinks that this makes them dishonest, or hypocritical. She had sex on the hood of a guys car once, had a one night stand with Gerard Butler (who didn't know her name), had her vagina all tightened up, engaged in threesomes and smokes pot, and she has no problem with her boys knowing about this, along with the rest of the world. The fact that some people would prefer for these types of things to remain private in her mind means they are up to no good. 

*loud clapping* If I could like this post a hundred times, I would.

Then she made an admission that did floor me - "I saw me at my ugliest." Followed immediately by, "It bothered me to see where I allowed this person to take me."

Thank you! I was trying to remember what Kim had said as I wanted to comment on it. How dare you, Kim Richards! *Eileen voice*...Kim is blaming LisaR for where she went to? Bitch please! Take a million seats and sit that broke-ass down. Kim, you packed that suitcase, and you were detached and armed (per Brandi's ghost-written blog),  ready to go wherever you were willing to go, as long as you had the last word and played tit-for-tat for whatever crime you believed was committed upon you by LisaR.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 13

Earlier I said that Kim went and apologized to LisaR. Wow, I must have been Potemkinized or something, because, as others have pointed out, she did no such thing! She basically made the same lame accusations to Lisa, deflected with her delusional idea that somehow Lisa's comments were hurting Kim's kids, etc. Then she made an admission that did floor me - "I saw me at my ugliest." Followed immediately by, "It bothered me to see where I allowed this person to take me."

Incredible. You took yourself there, Kim. Can you ever, ever own up to what you do out of your own contentious nastiness? And enough with how LisaR has "lied" about you and how no one ever approached you. They most certainly did approach you personally. Remember? "Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah." Yeah, I'm sure you do just want to put it aside. Masterful move you made there.

Kim and Brandi both know that using their children as shields against criticism is the fastest way to guilt all of the other women into silence because all of the other women have put their children's needs/welfare before their own, unlike Kim and Brandi have IMO.  

• Love 14
(edited)

I think she was definitely high as a kite on something during the restaurant fight.  And under the influence when she walked into Rinna's room to do that revisionist thing that she likes to do.  Ditto for her talking heads in the black top with the layered hair cut.  Higher than high. As for poker night and the subsequent hospital stay, poker event looked to me to be the tail end of a serious bender -- a binge bender that landed her in the hospital for what they used to call R&R back in the good old days. 

She shows absolutely zero signs in Holland of having any kind of back disorder or hernia problem recovery or any of the myriad conditions she quoted.  She's riding bikes and hauling luggage, getting super aggressive in restaurants, and generally acting like the cock of the walk. 

I had to chuckle when she was going on about how she was willing to kill for her children.  Well, yeah, most all of us would if need be but, hey, why not just try getting well and behaving yourself instead?  Always with the drama.

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 23

I think Brandi was afraid of Kim and maybe that she realized she went too far at the poker party.  Of course, I could be totally wrong.

All of the talk about this is interesting to me.  I kind of get the impression from Kyle that much of her feigned ignorance and innocence is merely a shield to protect herself from the reality of the world she grew up in.  I'm sure that not only was she surrounded by abusive people and fighting, but sex and drugs in spades.  She's worked hard to have the life she does, with a respectable husband, happy and healthy kids, and a great social circle -- she might be trying to project an image of a more functional, less-exposed-to-seedy-things, society women.  All-in-all, that doesn't make me think less of her for that -- we all have our ways of coping and trying to detach ourselves from the past, but being on this show, with her addict sister, no less, kind of spoils the image.  Much of her family history isn't a huge secret and her sister's problems have been known for years and is now featured prominently on TV. 

The jig is up, Kyle. 

But again, I feel for her there.  Who wouldn't want disassociate from a family like that?  lol   Another reason I think Kyle struggles with Kim.  Kim is a link back to her past and no matter how much she loves Kim, I'm sure it's exhausting to keep being brought back into childhood in order to have a relationship with her sister, who can't seem to leave the past behind.      

I don't think it had anything to do with the world she grew up in.  She didn't want to see her children seeing her that way.  Pot was common in my younger years.  Would I want to see my kids in that situation at the same years as Kyle?  Absolutely not.  She was just being a mom.

• Love 9

I did have to laugh at Kyle running out of the restaurant. She looked like she was fleeing a burning building. I know she was really hurt, what Kim said was atrocious. But she does have a flair for the dramatic, doesn't she?

Well, after all, Kyle is an actress.

• Love 4

I think she was definitely high as a kite on something during the restaurant fight.  And under the influence when she walked into Rinna's room to do that revisionist thing that she likes to do.  Ditto for her talking heads in the black top with the layered hair cut.  Higher than high. As for poker night and the subsequent hospital stay, poker event looked to me to be the tail end of a serious bender -- a binge bender that landed her in the hospital for what they used to call R&R back in the good old days. 

I think that one of the reasons the other gals were so freaked out about Kim taking the "one" pill the night of the poker game was that she knew she would be on camera and she had been through this scenerio before. In Paris she had to defend herself against allegations she relapsed and eventually admitted to taking the "wrong" medication for several days. She was so pissed at Lisa for the initial questioning, but came down the hardest on Kyle at the reunion for not trusting her. As the matter of fact, Kim was able to turn that around and look like the sympathetic one, while Kyle looked like a shrew once again for not defending Kim. That was what led up to Brandi making the original accusation that Kyle wanted Kim to fail. Would a person who had been to this rodeo before once again take a pill right before going on camera if they had control of their sobriety and took it as seriously as she claims she does? It seems nuts to me, but maybe someone who has more experience with recovery has better insights.

• Love 12
(edited)

Brandi may not have had any cake, but she was drinking at the dinner.  I remember the camera cutting to her right after Kim started in on Kyle and how Brandi and Kathy had given her more support than Kyle...Brandi was taking a big gulp of her wine. 

Oh, and I'm convinced Kim can't remember half of anything that happens, so she forgets her relapses and thinks no one noticed her relapses.  She also doesn't realize how high she appears when she's high.  That's why she's so pissed at LisaR.  She was suspicious of what LisaR might have said to Kyle during poker night about the limo ride.  She gets some textses from LisaR, probably asking if she was ok.  Brandi fills her ears about how LisaR is talking about Kim's relapse, and now Kim is convinced no one else would have known about her relapse if LisaR wasn't spreading "lies" about her.

Kim thinks the audience would never know she's on something if the others didn't talk about it.  And she's so angry with Kyle that Kyle doesn't stand up constantly and tell everybody that Kim is 3 years sober, y'all!  As though we would believe Kyle if she did that, any more than we believe Kim, and more than we believe what we actually see Kim doing. 

Edited by izabella
  • Love 13

Okay, just watched. Very few things to say.

Kim is a hateful piece of human garbage and her problems run far deeper than addiction.  She is also a narcissist and has anger management issues that are just fucking beyond anything I've seen in a while.

I would have gone off on her also, because I don't really give a damn about poor widdle Kim in any respect other than Bravo getting her off my screen because she is an addict and she will only get sicker on this show.  I'm seriously thinking about missing next season if she's still here.

• Love 20
(edited)

All of this just shows me how treacherous Brandi is as a friend.  The things you say and do with her can and will be used as ammo any time she feels slighted.  And hell yes to your second paragraph.  She has this weird "let it all hang out" mentality.  It's very immature, short-sighted, and when you have children or other dependents, selfish.  I can't get over how immature and stunted she is.  I mean, I remember when I was younger, having similar thoughts about "being myself" in all situations, and even though I'm still TMI most of the time and I just don't GAF, I've realized that sometimes it's better to refrain and remain neutral and controlled.

Sometimes, as adults, it's wiser not to show all of oneself to anyone and everyone and in all situations.  It's not hypocritical or disingenuous to keep certain things private, and certainly not so to show loved ones one side of you and strangers/the pubic, another.  Brandi feels so free to put other people's stuff "out there" and that is what really bothers me.  Talk about yourself, fine, but leave other people out of it.  Kyle's giggles at the bar and her reluctance to eat some cake shouldn't have bothered Brandi as much as it did.  It wasn't affecting her or her ability to choose for herself.  This is what I was saying earlier about Brandi creating contempt for herself from others and then crying foul about how unfair it is that they hate her.  She gets on Kyle's case about pot, outs her, and then when Kyle explains her reasoning, she finds offense in it and then yells at Kyle for her "hypocrisy" and storms off in a huff.  Gee, Brandi, dunno why they don't like you...   

I think with all of the Kim business (or Kim's business), I'd forgotten just how much Brandi bugs the shit out of me.  lol     

Okay. Quoting this because it hits the nail on the head and can't be said often enough. Perhaps if everyone just showed up on set with muzzles on their mouths (except Kim and Brandi, of course) that would make her happy. And, oh, take the muzzles off every once in a while so the others can laugh appreciatively at one of Kim's turtle jokes or maligning mockeries.

LOL  From the stinging wasp, poking the bear, cornered/caged cat metaphors for Kim, I feel like the other HW are being held hostage at some deranged pharmacological zoo.  Why does Kim have the right to sting and swipe at these women but if they say so much as 'boo' to her, they are instigating something or being famewhores?  Why is keeping Kim calm (say that five times fast) the goal of the other HW?  Kim has changed the entire direction and atmosphere of the show with her addictions and manipulations and no one else is allowed to react to her with any sort of realistic human emotion.  I don't watch Intervention, Hoarders or The Wild Kingdom on purpose, you know?  lol  Take it to another network, Kim. 

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 16

I wonder if Kim has ever been lucid enough to have an epiphany that, had she not chosen to take "a pain pill" on Poker Night the rest of the season would have played out totally different?

For all of the finger pointing in other directions, Kim and Kim alone made the decision to take that pill knowing she was going to be at an event being filmed.

As for the other housewives approaching her off camera, this is (purportedly) a reality show and I believe the money machine Bravo frowns quite heavily on things being taken "underground" while those cameras are rolling.

Hell, the viewers could have had a nice trip to Amsterdam, a fun night of poker playing at Eileen's place, a more upbeat gay mixer, and nothing about Kim's sobriety or lack thereof would have ever come up.

Didn't we get through at least 10-12 episodes before Poker Night, none of which involved Kim's sobriety except maybe in passing?  

So, going full circle, who's really to blame for this season's trip down the sewer of addiction yet again?  

Kim.  

She has only herself to blame.  

• Love 19

Persnickety1 -- No.  No chance at all.   Her blame game knows no bounds.  I mean, even the “pain pill” disagreed with her, FFS.  lol   That phraseology is a very specific one.  She feels betrayed by everything and everyone that doesn’t submit to her wants and whims.  When she gets called out for behavior, it’s never her fault because the pain pill, her sister, the alarm clock, the discarded pizza slice weren't there for her when she needed them.  

• Love 9
So as we join the ladies in Amsterdam, I meet Lisa and Eileen for some tea in the lounge. I was reticent to be involved in this potential confrontation. I had voiced my concerns gently to Lisa, expressing my thoughts on discussing sobriety with Kim--it was a land mine that I wanted to avoid.

From Lisa's blog.

It certainly sounds like a planned intervention to me.  Just as I thought.

• Love 4

I don’t see why a planned “intervention” is so bad, on its face.  Aside from the fact that Kim is a stubborn addict in denial, that is.  I mean, if your family, friends, and even your employer are sitting you down, then you’re in a pretty fucked up place in your life already.  I don’t think Kim saying that she doesn’t want an intervention warrants much consideration since, when does any addict welcome having their addiction brought up and their vice taken away from them?   But this is an addict’s thought process where the real tragedy is that people are talking about “their business” rather than it being that their life, relationships, and livelihood are in danger because of their addiction.  But Kim will not change unless Kim wants to, except she's dragging others into her mess and that needs to stop, regardless. 

• Love 8

*shrug*  Bravo is her employer.  She voluntarily works for them.  To live her life on camera.  She voluntarily becomes high on camera, at her job.  I just don't see Kim being the victim in all things.  She has choices and she made them.  Bravo is making theirs.  That is between them to work out if Kim is unhappy with it. 

• Love 14

From Lisa's blog.

It certainly sounds like a planned intervention to me.  Just as I thought.

The one Brandi suggested to Lisa to hold? It's possible.

I still don't know how an apology is an intervention of any sort.

• Love 8

Right!  Even if Kyle smokes weed, she's not having angry fits and being confrontational like Brandi and Kim!  There are people who can smoke weed and be laid back this can very well be Kyle.  And there some that can smoke it and blow they top like we saw with Brandi.  Brandi is trying to start something here.  And I don't like it.

Not only that, it could have been something Kyle did once and regretted, perhaps because of the very fact that she has young kids for whom she wants to be a role model.

When you break things down as they happened at the marijuana place, neither Kyle nor Brandi wanted to order the weed that night. Did Kyle go on the offensive, asking Brandi why she was not going to indulge in something she obviously does very often? No. But it's not cool with Brandi that Kyle doesn't go on some confessional about how she has done pot in the past, so she has to throw it in Kyle's face and go on and on until Kyle feels forced to give a reason for her silence and abstinence, which she states is concern for her children. 

That is not cool with Brandi, who has set herself up as the arbiter of in your face "truth." It's not good enough for Brandi unless you have no discretion at all. You have to spill your guts everywhere. Full disclosure, even if it's nobody's business, inappropriate, or just plain inadvisable. And of course, if you don't, Brandi is certain her calling in life is spilling every personal tidbit that she knows about anyone's life, because, of course, it's "true." However, it's generally only Brandi's idea of the facts.

Then Brandi takes Kyle's forced explanation and turns it into an accusation of Brandi's parenting. You have to be some sort of mental gymnast to turn Kyle's statement into an accusation against your parenting. If you feel accused, Brandi, it's your own conscience accusing you, because Kyle did no such thing.

Someone said earlier that it seemed Yolanda's brother was attracted to Brandi. That explains why, when Brandi had her meltdown on the street, Yolanda grabbed her brother's arm and practically sprinted away from Brandi, saying, "We're going to walk now." LOL, I wouldn't want my brother to be her next victim, either.

• Love 12
(edited)

From Lisa's blog.

It certainly sounds like a planned intervention to me. Just as I thought.

According to LisaV's Bravo Blog, LisaV met with Eileen And LisaR. She does not mention the others though who knows they may have texted or spoken on the phone. "Potential confrontation"...intervention?!?

"LisaV says : "I was reticent to be involved in this potential confrontation. I had voiced my concerns gently to Lisa, expressing my thoughts on discussing sobriety with Kim--it was a land mind that I wanted to avoid."

Then after that they went to dinner.

We know Yolanda started the table-talk, but were LisaR and Eileen planning to hijack Yolanda's game and have it become a Kim Richards intervention? Or were Kyle and Yolanda also involved?!? It sounds like LisaV is distancing herself from LisaR and Eileen's idea of discussing sobriety with Kim.

Listening to the episode I just heard Kim say that besides confronting Kim at Eileen's house and on the plane Lisar has been sending Kim "text messages." Kim said she texted Lisar that she didn't want to talk about her sobriety. No wonder Kim was fed up with Lisar and her overwhelming addictive concern for Kim's sobriety. There comes a point where desperate times call for desperate actions and that's where the Harry Hamlin rumor came from. Lisar can be pushy and seemed unable / unwilling to take Kim's NO for an answer. Boy Lisar and Eileen sure underestimated Kim...the little mouse that roared!

If in fact the Afterbuzz TV Podcast rumor is true about Harry having affairs with men from West Hollywood I can see how that might get Lisar to STFU. Kim kept saying to Yolanda, " She tells lies about me and I'm going to tell the truth about her.

Edited by RealityTVSmack1
  • Love 4
(edited)

According to LisaV's Bravo Blog, LisaV met with Eileen And LisaR. She does not mention the others though who knows they may have texted or spoken on the phone. "Potential confrontation"...intervention?!?

Then after that they went to dinner.

We know Yolanda started the table-talk, but were LisaR and Eileen planning to hijack Yolanda's game and have it become a Kim Richards intervention? Or were Kyle and Yolanda also involved?!? It sounds like LisaV is distancing herself from LisaR and Eileen's idea of discussing sobriety with Kim.

Listening to the episode I just heard Kim say that besides confronting Kim at Eileen's house and on the plane Lisar has been sending Kim "text messages." Kim said she texted Lisar that she didn't want to talk about her sobriety. No wonder Kim was fed up with Lisar and her overwhelming addictive concern for Kim's sobriety. There comes a point where desperate times call for desperate actions and that's where the Harry Hamlin rumor came from. Lisar can be pushy and seemed unable / unwilling to take Kim's NO for an answer. Boy Lisar and Eileen sure underestimated Kim...the little mouse that roared!

If in fact the Afterbuzz TV Podcast rumor is true about Harry having affairs with men from West Hollywood I can see how that might get Lisar to STFU. Kim kept saying to Yolanda, " She tells lies about me and I'm going to tell the truth about her.

My issue with Kim is in front of Harry-who she met one time while under the influence and Lisa she was not sober.  Kim has no idea if Harry is having affairs with men in West Hollywood.  That is where Brandi and Kim fail at their truth-they have no clue as they don't know these people.  When Harry was at dinner for Lisar birthday they were talking about old haunts and Harry said West Hollywood wasn't his scene.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 2
(edited)

So, what I'm getting from Kim's go at Kyle not defending her - Game Night is Kim's idea of how they're supposed to roll. And if Kyle doesn't want to ride bitch with Kim when she goes to war, she's a traitor, the Bad Sister. Kyle was supposed to go all Kingsley on Lisar as soon as the pointy finger started wavin'. Instead, Kyle had the nerve to hang back and refuse to give Kim any cover or normalize her behavior by making it into group outrage instead of just Kim on a crazy rant, and Kim is PISSED. What Brandi did for Kim on Poker Night was do Kyle's job for her, and I think everything we've seen since between Kim and Kyle basically boils down to, "I quit!" "How dare you! You can't quit - you're fired! And who cares anyway, Kathy's my *real* sister, not you!"

Hardly anything says to me how delusional Kim really is, though, than her implying that Little Kathy would fight her enemies along side her like Kyle won't. She didn't marry a Hilton so she could spend her time getting ratchet with you, Kim Richards. Besides, Kathy's got her own problem child to mind.

You know Kyle has defended Kim on a lot of things on this show. But maybe the one thing Kim feels like Kyle didnt have her back on is Kingsley. Once the dog started became dangerous and bit the family friend Kyle probably told Kim to get rid of the dog. Kim being Kim probably said no. Then once Kingsley bit Alexia it's been a wrap since. Kyle said on WWHL she hasnt spoken to Kim until the recent reunion. For me - good! Finally Kyle is playing on her own terms when it comes to Kim. Shes getting it enough is enough. Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 10

I was sympathetic to Kim when the limousine confrontation aired at the end of season one because I thought a lot of the circumstances precipitating that argument were directly attributable to Kyle (Kim tried to leave, Kyle told production to stop her, etc.). However, when has Kim ever been a "little mouse"? From accusing Kyle and Mauricio of "stealing her house" to yelling at Ken Todd for being a "stubborn old man" to engaging with Yolanda during the season three reunion, I've never seen a woman who's a shrinking violet or shy about declaring and defending her point of view. Also, I really don't agree that someone saying, in effect, "I apologize for coming on strong; here's why I came on strong" constitutes desperate measures, especially when the widespread discussion about Kim's addiction history originated with her own choices and actions, the effect of which directly involved the two women - Lisa R and Eileen - who were making the queries about that history. Kim elected to use a controlled substance with which she admittedly had no familiarity when she had to go to work. Lisa R was the audience to that in the car, and the fallout transpired at Eileen's event and house. I don't think Kim was the sole cause of the Poker Night debacle, but her conduct contributed to it. So, why is it surprising to her that Eileen and Lisa R are talking about occurrences that they directly witnessed? Don't want it discussed, don't do something on camera that yields discussion. Likewise, Kim can't control Lisa R apologizing to her in a public forum; what she can control is her response. How would an attempt at outing Harry, a man who has not appeared in any significant capacity on the show and with whom Kim has interacted once, in passing, be at all analogous to Eileen and Lisa addressing behavior that they themselves witnessed firsthand in the context of an issue that is no secret to the audiences of the show? I can understand how Kim would find Lisa's persistence grating or even offensive, but, to me, there's zero moral equivalence to attacking Harry.

• Love 16

Agreed. I'm with njbchlover - did anyone actually hear Kim say the "s" word during her and Lisa's convo the next morning? Lisa apologized multiple times, but I didn't hear that from Kim. (Sorry, I don't have DVR.)

And yeah, after the restaurant meltdown, I think Brandi is regretting her friendship with Kim. I can't wait until it all goes to hell! The "Truth Cannon" is going to let loose on Kim's secrets, and it couldn't happen to a nicer girl, IMO.

Brandi was looking pretty forlorn, wandering around the restaurant with just Kim to talk to. I think she got her first taste of what it's going to feel like with virtually everyone freezing her out.

• Love 12

There was a 'tell' about Kyle that I noticed in the scene where they were all sitting in the hotel lobby waiting for Kim and Kyle to show up so they could all go to the pot shop. Kyle strolls in looking like she just stepped out of photo shoot, hair, clothes, makeup and accessories were all impeccably put together.

Everyone stands up ready to go as she approaches. Kim stands there and asks "where's Kim, she coming?" Lisa Rinna says "mm-mm". Kyle looks surprised and says "Kim's not coming?"  Lisa V says  "She's not coming. Well, I don't think she's gonna go to the pot shop, is she?" There was a pause in which Kyle stands there in wide-eyed dismay then a light bulb goes off inside her head where she makes the connection of Kim's addiction and pot and says "Oh". Kyle in her solo dialog shot says "It's best that Kim isn't coming. Kim and I are not even looking at each other may not be the most mature route to go but anything more than this is going to lead to disaster."

This was a huge revelation about Kyle in my opinion. Kim's sobriety was the furthest thing from her mind. She never gave a single thought to how going to a pot shop might be uncomfortable, unpleasant and maybe even dangerous for her sister who has been fighting for sobriety for 3 years. Kyle thought that it was best that Kim not accompany them to the pot shop only because it would have been uncomfortable for her because they were not even looking at each other. Kim's sobriety was the last thing that concerned Kyle.

I'm really disliking Kyle more and more. Saying that, I am sympathizing with Kim more and more, although I in no way condone the erratic behavior and anger she's projecting to everyone around her.

As far as the 'makeup' between Lisa Rinna and Kim, I felt that under normal circumstance, they would have never had contact with each other again. Lisa even told Kyle that she will never speak to or have anything to do with Kim ever again. Then in the next scene she and Kim are sitting down calmly discussing the incident and suddenly it's all good, they're congenial once again. I know that they have a contract and it wouldn't be in their best interest to be in violation of that Bravo contract and that's the only reason those two women came face to face to smooth things out.

Yes, I noted this moment in the episode, but I didn't process it in the same way I processed and questioned Kyle's decision to invite Kim to a wine tasting at a spa earlier in the season. Maybe because I was so focused on the fight in the restaurant.

The point you make about Kyle is one of the reasons my extreme dislike for Kim doesn't make me sympathize with Kyle more. And vice versa. There are plenty of moments when both Kim and Kyle have shown pure meanness. They were child "stars" and you can see their sense of entitlement most of the time, especially when they think someone else is moving in on their territory. Kyle puts more importance on appearing sympathetic and down-to-earth than Kim and I think that's why she doesn't go after people as often as Kim. Kim puts more emphasis on family/friends. Kyle seems very shallow, which may be why she doesn't think of Kim's sobriety issues first, but focuses on the moment, how she looks and how the current dynamic between the women in her presence relates to her.

I doubt I will ever sympathize with Kim because she's so mean. It's in the eyes and her rigid mouth. Kim seems the type to come to your home in the middle of the night to hurt you. If Kyle had more power in Hollywood, she would be the type to blackball you quietly, nefariously.

• Love 8

ClosetFreak had a great review om this episode. She shaded the hell out of Brandi's stringy ass hair

http://youtu.be/JhlQdkjgv9M

Love that review!   I was nodding in agreement the entire time because:

1) I am also over BRAVO.

2) LOL Brandi does need some Pantene for that sorry weave.

3) Kim is bat shit crazy and needs to take a seat, preferably on a plane back to the US.

4 Lisa R needed to stare at the ceiling and look out the window, while Kim was in her room, not apologizing.

5) Kim needs to point her fingers towards herself because she’s the reason why she relapsed and her kids don’t want to be around her.

6) Kyle needs to tell Kim to go fuck herself, but she needs to stay in the room in order to do that.

7) Brandi’s pissed sitting in Mary Jane’s because she had to use Suave and White Rain to wash that sorry weave and is there without Kim, because Kim needs to sit down and fly home.

8) If Kyle doesn’t want to eat a space cake then she doesn’t have to, so STFU Brandi and it means more space cake for Lisa R.

9) Kim you’re not immune to relapse because you already have, you BSC heifer.

10)  Brandi, again, some Pantene might help. 

11) Kim, girl, bye.

It's snowing like crazy, right now, ugh.  I really need some green.  I don't even care which one. 

• Love 9

My issue with Kim is in front of Harry-show she met one time while under the influence and Lisa she was not sober.  Kim has no idea if Harry is having affairs with men in West Hollywood.  That is where Brandi and Kim fail at their truth-they have no clue as they don't know these people.  When Harry was at dinner for Lisar birthday they were talking about old haunts and Harry said West Hollywood wasn't his scene.

TMZ is now reporting that Kim made the whole thing up in desperation. The Afterbuzz TV Podcast also is pretty soft. One source says it's fought about at the reunion another source says that Kim will not say a word about it.

I think once we see the reunion we'll get a little more of an idea if the rumor was salacious.

• Love 1
(edited)

Love that review! I was nodding in agreement the entire time because:

3) Kim is bat shit crazy and needs to take a seat, preferably on a plane back to the US.

that.

7) Brandi’s pissed sitting in Mary Jane’s because she had to use Suave and White Rain to wash that sorry weave and is there without Kim, because Kim needs to sit down and fly home.

10) Brandi, again, some Pantene might help.

11) Kim, girl, bye.

No. 7 had me peeling off the ceiling Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1
(edited)

WOAH.... 16 pages here already! That's one hell of an episode!

I haven't had the chance to read them all yet, and I'm sure to be repeating some/many of you...but my 2 cents: Kim Richards is one hell of bitch. The product of a dysfunctional family, childhood fame, and addiction(s).

I would hate to be the brunt of thrown wine and a tossed glass, but if I had been Lisa R I would have done the same thing. Unfortunately, it's just given Kim the perfect deflection... Let's focus on the tossed glass/broken glass and NOT on the real issues. Classic manipulative addict: deflect deflect deflect.

AND that pointy witchy finger! You just know their mother used her FINGER to make her point. I'd just want to grab that finger mid-point. Grab it!

Edit: Just watched more and have seen the next day chat with Kim and Lisa. Bloody hell, Kim can't own her own shit. I see why Lisa is backing down ( you have to back away from crazy...truly) but it makes me want to scream because that just gives Kim the platform to be righteous. Aaaaggghhh.

Ps. Looking at the preview for next week: Eileen you are GOLD!

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 3

I'll be honest -- the past few weeks I've been almost convinced Brandi was posting here.

I appreciate your honesty.

Seriously, I do.  This sentiment demonstrates the width of this fantasy-land - we actually think it's watching us.

You win, Andy.

• Love 5

I wonder if Kim has ever been lucid enough to have an epiphany that, had she not chosen to take "a pain pill" on Poker Night the rest of the season would have played out totally different?

For all of the finger pointing in other directions, Kim and Kim alone made the decision to take that pill knowing she was going to be at an event being filmed.

As for the other housewives approaching her off camera, this is (purportedly) a reality show and I believe the money machine Bravo frowns quite heavily on things being taken "underground" while those cameras are rolling.

Hell, the viewers could have had a nice trip to Amsterdam, a fun night of poker playing at Eileen's place, a more upbeat gay mixer, and nothing about Kim's sobriety or lack thereof would have ever come up.

Didn't we get through at least 10-12 episodes before Poker Night, none of which involved Kim's sobriety except maybe in passing?  

So, going full circle, who's really to blame for this season's trip down the sewer of addiction yet again?  

Kim.  

She has only herself to blame.  

This. The  reason for all those "rumors" Kim was ranting about, the reason  the viewers all know that Kim is using again has nothing to do with Lisa R discussing it. That came after. Any viewer with eyes and a brain already knew she was Under the Influence, BEFORE Lisa starting talking about an intervention. 

I truly hope someone points that out to Kim a the reunion. She needs to understand that even though we watch BRAVO, we are not idiots.

I personally have never believed that Kim was clean. Not one season. I believe she may have quit drinking for a while, but I believe she was always abusing drugs. Maybe prescription, maybe not, but it hardly matters anymore Prescription drug abuse has become a bigger problem in this country than illegal drug abuse.

• Love 18

Sometimes, as adults, it's wiser not to show all of oneself to anyone and everyone and in all situations.  It's not hypocritical or disingenuous to keep certain things private, and certainly not so to show loved ones one side of you and strangers/the pubic, another.  Brandi feels so free to put other people's stuff "out there" and that is what really bothers me.  Talk about yourself, fine, but leave other people out of it.  Kyle's giggles at the bar and her reluctance to eat some cake shouldn't have bothered Brandi as much as it did.  It wasn't affecting her or her ability to choose for herself.  This is what I was saying earlier about Brandi creating contempt for herself from others and then crying foul about how unfair it is that they hate her.  She gets on Kyle's case about pot, outs her, and then when Kyle explains her reasoning, she finds offense in it and then yells at Kyle for her "hypocrisy" and storms off in a huff.  Gee, Brandi, dunno why they don't like you...   

Someone here wrote an epic post a week or so ago (SwordQueen, maybe you?) about the fact that the issues that folks have with Brandi have nothing to do with the fact that she likes to curse, or have lots of sex, or dress how she does. It is all about her behavior as it relates to the other ho'wives. I think that this is what Brandi doesn't get, which IMO she proved with her blog. She likes to call it hypocrisy. That they can cuss, that they can use sexual humor, but when she does it she gets judged. I liked what Kyle said in her TH when they left he cafe: that the issues with Brandi have nothing to do with any of that. The way that they view Brandi has to do with the way that she treats people, and with 3 years on the show, there are lots of examples of her treating folks in a horrendous manner. Lots of examples of her betraying people. And the issue always comes back to her intent. I am a big believer in intent. I take my cues from society and in some regards the laws of the land. If you do something -  commit a crime, etc., and your intent was not to harm, or to murder, or whatever, what you did is viewed less harsh than if your intent was to harm. She can claim differently all day long, but Brandi's intent when she does these things is to hurt people. Adrienne with the reveal, Joanna with her comments, Lisa with the bankruptcy, Lisa and Kyle with the magazines in a suitcase, Kyle with the stuff about the pot. She is hoping that these reveals sting, or hurt, or embarrass the others. The same thing with Kim with what she said to Lisar about HH. It was all intended to hurt Lisar in a way that would make her stop talking about Kim. If she just wanted the conversation to stop, she had many other options to make that happen. Instead she wanted to hurt. 

That is also why I can give the other gals an occasional pass on not so perfect behavior, even when it can be hurtful. I never thought that Kyle went into the limo reveal intending to hurt Kim. I don't think she got up that morning and said "hey, I think I will out Kim today". I think it just got out of hand and emotion and anger took over. I also don't think that Lisar intended to hurt Kim in that restaurant, even if she should have let it go and even if she wasn't handling it perfectly. This is what makes Kim and Brandi different from the rest of them.

• Love 24

I think Kim has it in her head that if it's a prescription, and a doctor OK'd it, then it's OK to take. As many as she wants. And she is still within the realm of her version of sobriety. She equates sobriety with not drinking alcohol, it seems, and she really needs to get into a program to educate her to the truth. But I fear she can't handle the truth. Nor does she want to.

• Love 15

One of the problems with the idea of an intervention is that none of these ladies has any idea of what they're doing.

An intervention needs to be truly planned, and it needs to include an interventionist. Addiction is a tricky business, and I doubt that Hollywood housewives would be truly skilled enough to navigate those treacherous waters.

An intervention also needs to include a plan. Where is she going to get treatment? How is she going to get there? Who is going to pay for it? What about aftercare?

This was not an intervention. This was a group of coworkers being rightly pissed off that they have to be in the company of the wretched excuse for a human being that is Kim.

• Love 17
(edited)

Then Brandi takes Kyle's forced explanation and turns it into an accusation of Brandi's parenting.

You have to be some sort of mental gymnast to turn Kyle's statement into an accusation against your parenting. If you feel accused, Brandi, it's your own conscience accusing you, because Kyle did no such thing.

Yea, this about the parenting. Someone will have to correct me if I am wrong, but have any of these ladies ever hinted at issues with Brandi's parenting? I seem to remember Brandi getting all bent out of shape because Kyle and the others were surprised that she didn't correct her son when he took a piss on the lawn in the middle of a party, but has there been anything else? Has anyone directly linked Brandi's behavior to ideas that she isn't a successful parent? I know that other people have, that there has been a lot of chatter on social media about how her behavior might impact her kids, but never from the ho'wives. I have heard many of them talk about what  a wonderful and loving mother she is, including Yo, Lisa V, Kyle and Kim. 

Actually, there is only one person I can remember who has ever made a direct link between the way she acts and the way that she parents, and that is Yo. During the yoga episode when they were talking about her doing the 21 day detox, Yo said something about knowing that Brandi liked to drink too much because she wanted to check out a little bit. She went on to say that she felt like at this time in her life, when she had two young sons to care for, that she needed to drink less so that she could "take care of business at home". She said that in her TH so Brandi wouldn't have known about it until she saw the footage. I wonder what she thought about that? 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 10

But it was not just "ONE incident" and that is important to realize IMO. Lisa R said that Kim was high during that fight at the mixer, Eileen agreed, so they did notice her "behavior" was not normal that night as well. And needless to say, Kim getting high in camera is on her and she is the one that made her sobriety, or in reality her LACK of sobriety a show topic for all the HWs and for us. Was she high in Amsterdam? I think she was in desperate need of a "pill" or a "drink" that night, she was itching for a fix in a bad way IMO.

He said, she said. I think Kim has odd behavior in general sober or drunk which is why I won't assume anything aside from what was confirmed at poker night and regardless Poker night was the only time where she initiated the awkwardness and aggressiveness. After that all the other women were the one's escalating an already sensitive subject. Stupidly so.

• Love 6

One of the problems with the idea of an intervention is that none of these ladies has any idea of what they're doing.

An intervention needs to be truly planned, and it needs to include an interventionist. Addiction is a tricky business, and I doubt that Hollywood housewives would be truly skilled enough to navigate those treacherous waters.

An intervention also needs to include a plan. Where is she going to get treatment? How is she going to get there? Who is going to pay for it? What about aftercare?

This was not an intervention. This was a group of coworkers being rightly pissed off that they have to be in the company of the wretched excuse for a human being that is Kim.

YES.  What they actually want is what actually happened - a FIGHT, a scene of Outrage, a HowDareYou, Beast-calling.

Lisa is out of her mind if she thinks that her call for an intervention seemed sincere. I'll give her "stupid" but that's it.  Intervention?! Bitch, pleez, people actually go to school for that, they actually do un-filmed labour.

• Love 8