Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E22: To Plea Or Not To Plea

Aria, Emily and Hanna keep looking for a way to prove Ali's innocence without incriminating Mike. But when the D.A. proposes a plea bargain agreement for Ali that includes naming one of the PLLs as her accomplice, the girls intensify their search - not only to save Ali but to save themselves. Will Ali stick by her story of innocence, or will she give up one of the PLLs to save her own skin? Meanwhile, not knowing what is happening back in Rosewood, Spencer gets a much needed break from all the drama with a night out on the town in London.

when the D.A. proposes a plea bargain agreement for Ali that includes naming one of the PLLs as her accomplice,

Good to know that the justice system in PLL makes as much sense as the police work. According to the promo, it seems to be Hanna that is arrested. I'd have found it more believable were the D.A. after Spencer Hastings, who was arrested and released, and is conveniently in London at the moment, so the D.A. would have a reason to really want her incriminated by Ali's confession. Unless, of course, all the Liars are to be arrested, but it is Spencer they are after with the plea bargain. After all, Mrs Hastings told Spencer to stay in England after reading Ali's file. (Good thing it wasn't Toby that heard about it. After all, Spencer doesn't have just one person on this case in which she is a suspect. Only in Rosewood!)

Wait. So Spencer could get into St. Andrews? Ooooh... but no. Even if the show wants to go for a time jump, it would still be huge to have Spencer go to college in England. Is anyone buying it even for a moment? (And Spencer is officially 18! Woot!)

I cannot fuckin' believe that in the middle of all this major plot drama the show stops for this bullshit scene about Aria and Andrew. What is this pacing nonsense? They could have had all this happen one episode earlier, so that they didn't have to shove it in here. Do TPTB think tweens not be capable of following an episode if it didn't have any romance crap in it?

Edited by Crim

(And Spencer is officially 18! Woot!)

And that didn't even register as a big deal until he said Spencer could buy him a pint. She's 18 AND in a country where she can drink! Stay there, Spencer!

• Love 2

What was so great about the show was the mysteries.

Who is A ? of course, but also, is Ali alive ? Who killed her ? Was the target the NAT or the liars ? What was everyone secrets ?

But ultimately, we forget all the questions and subplots to end up only with who is A ? And the consequences is so much fillers episodes.

Also, the show had some credibility when it was four teenagers bullied by someone crazy who might have harm their friends or knew who did it.

Now it's four people pursued by a serial killer. There is no way that after one murder, you wouldn't go to the police or a lawyer and tell them everything and ask for help. When they had their doublts it was okay and believable to keep it to yourself, but someone tried to kill you every two episodes now ! Time to get a gun

• Love 2
Time to get a gun

Last time they tried that, Caleb got shot, so I understand why they don't keep trying it. Although, I am in favor of the girls telling everybody the truth about everything so A can't blackmail them. Because at this point, is jail any worse than A?

Of course as soon as they try that, some random person they didn't think would be a target for A will get killed, and the Liars will have lots of guilt to deal with..

• Love 1

Exactly. They tell and Mike is dead. Period. Along with likely other people they care about. Probably Caleb. Because he's useful too. And he's a good guy. Can't have that in Rosewood. 

Last time they tried that, Caleb got shot, so I understand why they don't keep trying it.

Just about every time they try anything to defeat A it blows up in their faces, so if we follow this reasoning they might as well do nothing.

Of course as soon as they try that, some random person they didn't think would be a target for A will get killed, and the Liars will have lots of guilt to deal with..

But the body count keeps piling up anyway and A has tried to kill the Liars or people close to them quite a few times already. Plus, A is obviously a lunatic, there is no guarantee they won't go on a murder spree anyway. It's not like A's behaviour follows any logic. Best to try everything to stop them as soon as possible, instead of trying to appease them.

Even more maddeningly, the girls shouldn't even have to go to the police - at this point the Hastings at least would have hired like five bodyguards for Spencer and/or moved away from Rosewood. And also hired ten private investigators, since they know all too well how stupid the local cops are. Hilariously enough the FBI took interest in the Di Laurentis case back in S1, yet now that there are half a dozen murders in a small town (including two murdered police officers!), they seem happy to leave one detective and officer Toby investigate all on their own. How can one take this show seriously?

What was great about PLL early on, was not the mystery, IMO. It was the fact that A acted as a plot device to explore the characters and let us see how they cope in tough situations. Now, with these situations becoming ever more implausibly bizarre and with the girls shaking off the latest murder or murder attempt as if it's nothing, this is little more than a slasher flick that is about a hundred hours too long.

• Love 4

Well the Hasting sister reunion lasted about as long as I expected.

"Who would do that?" And again the show explains the plot of the show in a single sentence

so we are turning the show into liars are the new black.

The end of Ezria. Half the fandom is crying....half cheering.

• Love 1

When A hacked all their phones, I literally threw up my hands and yelled that I quit. 

I'm watching just to see what weird ass thing Aria is wearing every week.

• Love 1

This is the second time this half season that Aria has suggested they split up in a dangerous situation. That girl must have a death wish or just be really dumb. 

Thank God Ezria is over. Ezra looks a bit like a serial killer with his hair pushed back. It kind of suits him as a creepy sexual predator though. 

When A hacked all their phones, I literally threw up my hands and yelled that I quit. 

As soon as Caleb was all, "we'll show them your phone! everything's on your phone!" I knew the phone was a goner. I was kind of hoping A would somehow remotely blow it up. But years of getting threatening harassing text messages and none of these dummies ever thought to screen shot them? Or email them to themselves? Or print out multiple copies and hide them? Or back them up to their computers? Something. Anything to show they made the effort, even though I'm sure whatever they did A would have found a way to sabotage but I can't get over that they didn't even attempt to back up the texts knowing what A is capable of.  

• Love 1

Did Emily even bother to tell Hannah that the whole beauty pageant/$20,000 scholarship nonsense is not going to happen now ? What happened to Talia staying at Emily's house ?  Was Talia even in this episode ?  I guess Hannah doesn't even have to worry about paying for college now, as once the colleges all find out that she has been charged with murder, all those early acceptances will be revoked anyway.

How is Spencer buying beer in the UK ?  You have to be be 18, and per the PLL Wiki it's only March or April 2012 on the show, so she's still only 17.

And the stolen blood from the blood drive a few episodes back comes back and bites Hanna in the ass -- and off she goes to jail.  I wonder if Hannah will be a Chapman, a Crazy Eyes or a Pennsatucky behind bars. </snark>

The folks at the hospital where Cyrus was in the burn ward must be on the take if they are telling people that Cyrus has taken a turn for the worse and is in the ICU -- when he's not even a real patient.

And none of the PLLs had Caleb check their phones for things like remote admin tools -- ever ??  And no one ever backed up their phone because they have all these important pictures/texts to a laptop or something in case they lost the phone or it was stolen ??  The stupid ... it burns.

Worst. Jailhouse. Security. Ever. Obviously it was someone physically larger than Ali to make her cringe and scream like that, and not be able to prevent from being burned with the iron on both arms.  Was it 'A' or a minion of 'A' or a inmate on 'A's payroll ?

Enough with the 'Varjack' nonsense -- it's 'boardshorts' all over again, and the writers figure if they keep having characters repeating the name viewers will care. And the answer to that is no, because it will lead absolutely no where and the viewers know that.

• Love 3

How is Spencer buying beer in the UK ?  You have to be be 18, and per the PLL Wiki it's only March or April 2012 on the show, so she's still only 17.

Yeah, her birthday is supposed to be later in the year. I remember trying to figure out the timeline a few weeks ago and Spencer should be 17 till after graduation. But whatever, it's a small detail and show's often change or lose track of characters' birthdays. Plus, time doesn't exactly move at a normal speed in Rosewood. It's still supposed to be 2012 but a couple of weeks ago Hanna and Emily were dancing to a song that was 2 years away from being released (Bang Bang). 

It's still supposed to be 2012 but a couple of weeks ago Hanna and Emily were dancing to a song that was 2 years away from being released (Bang Bang). 

And they had a Frozen sing-along.

I was hoping A wouldn't be able to hack Spencer's phone from overseas and she would be the saving grace. No such luck. Poor Liars. But wait, maybe some of Ezra's "research" can back up their story?

I just realized that the Liars who've actually killed people have not been arrested for murder. The ones who have not, have.

• Love 1

Do the writers think we just delete our memories and reset each season or something? There's always an A nickname, there's always a liar in jail/about to be in jail, there's always the dangling hope of them breaking up with their terrible boyfriends. I've lost the will to even hope for continuity...

• Love 3

I am so, so tired of "Alison, The Prison Years" Enough already, move the story on, come up with an actual plot.

Haven't all their emails been wiped out before? Was anyone really surprised when Aria & Emily's phones were also wiped?

What is the whole point of Spencer being in London? It has absolutely nothing to do with anything else.

This is the second time this half season that Aria has suggested they split up in a dangerous situation. That girl must have a death wish or just be really dumb. 

That's a rhetorical statement, right? :-)

• Love 3
(edited)

I keep going back and forth on this show lately. It's episodes like this that just make me not care too much. Or maybe all of season 5 has made me not care at all. I miss season one and two. I think I remotely checked out of this show after Toby was A and Spencer went nuts and then I sort of checked back in when EzrA happened because that was a good twist. This whole mess with "Varjack" isn't. 

I keep thinking Ali should have never been alive. I understand that the story made it so she had to come back but to me, it never should have gone there. The show totally changed direction, if you ask me.   

I like that the show changed direction. We're complaining about Varjack now. How loudly would we complain if the entire dynamic of the show was the same, Allison was still dead, and we were served the same red herrings? Allison being alive is the only plot progression we've had in multiple seasons.

Anyway, it's easy to kill off Ali again, this time showing us the gruesome corpse, if they want to revert to the old plot. Of course, this being Rosewood PD, Allison's corpse would turn out to be the body of Garrett Reynolds 20 seasons later.

Edited by resonance
  • Love 2
(edited)

Julie from Friends is Ali's lawyer!

I loved that Melissa was being a regular big sister giving sage advice about how some relationships run their course and how being in London gave her a fresh start away from the Rosewood drama. I should have known that she had an ulterior motive.

To be fair, everything that Melissa said was true even though there was no interview. There's no reason to let boy drama or Hanna being arrested keep you from getting into a good college far away from the craziness of Rosewood. Of course, that would have carried a bit more weight if there was an actual interview at St. Andrew's.

Watching Spencer geek out about seeing Shakespeare was kind of embarrassing, mostly because it was such hackneyed obvious writing. "I don't like Shakespeare. I LOVE Shakespeare."

When Aria was walking down the hall with Emily wearing a black top, black boots, and pinkish leggings, I thought she wasn't wearing any pants. Later I was like OF COURSE Ezra and Aria were so busy staring at each other that they let Emily run inside the gate alone. I mean seriously, she was halfway to the gate before Aria even unbuckled her seatbelt.

Then Aria had the brilliant idea to split up? Seriously, if SCAD knew you were this stupid, they wouldn't wait to get your final grades to rescind your acceptance. "Hmmm, what seems like a better idea: have an awkward conversation with my boyfriend about how my study buddy kissed me OR wander around in the woods alone and possibly get killed?"

Why was Emily stupid enough to call the number on Varjak's receipt instead of having Caleb trace who the number belongs to?

I was pleasantly surprised to see Alison ironing in prison without any complaints.

I know that Ezra was trying to look sad when Aria broke up with him, but I kept picturing a cartoon bubble over his head that said, "Now I can find a new teenage girlfriend! Thank goodness all the high school kids hang out at my new coffee place/bookstore/hipster hangout!"

years of getting threatening harassing text messages and none of these dummies ever thought to screen shot them? Or email them to themselves? Or print out multiple copies and hide them? Or back them up to their computers? Something. Anything to show they made the effort, even though I'm sure whatever they did A would have found a way to sabotage but I can't get over that they didn't even attempt to back up the texts knowing what A is capable of.

I KNOW! I was thinking the same thing. If nothing else, these girls should have learned a few simple things over the years: (1) always wear gloves (2) have multiple backups of important stuff (3) avoid being in the vicinity of shovels (4) never split up (5) if there is a small enclosed space, the door will slam shut and trap you inside.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 6

Wait, wasn't Ezria already over? Whatever. Is now the time to cheer?

I very much dislike the Ali storyline. I liked Larger Than Life Ali. I don't care how realistic the current situation is, I check out when they turn her into this frightened and hesitant shadow. And now it looks like A/Varjak was one step ahead of Mona's plan too. In the end, both Ali and Mona were outsmarted by the current A, and I just can't be interested in that. As things are now (spoilers included), I think of A being an adult - possibly an adult male - and the show feels gross, uncomfortable to watch for reasons I doubt TPTB intended.

Not only should they have tracked down the phone number before calling it, they should check who the owner of the house is. You can get a burner phone, but it's harder to hide owning that property. With that camera on, we know the house was not abandonded, and also that Emily can be arrested for tresspassing. But the house owner would have to report it, which means coming out of the shadows. Not that it would matter, since there is no evidence against him/her. On the other hand, Varjak has to be a fake name. Why use it to order pizza at home?

Continuity lulz or plot point? Ali said that she didn't know any Varjak, but she had a Holly Varjak ID.

• Love 3
Continuity lulz or plot point? Ali said that she didn't know any Varjak, but she had a Holly Varjak ID.

Ali was saying that she didn't know anyone in real life using the name Varjak. She used the name Holly Varjak on her fake passport because of Breakfast at Tiffany's.

I still have no idea what is going on and why but I must say Talia not being featured at all made the episode all the better even though the remote cleaning out of the Liars' cell phones pissed me off.

Continue to love the Hanna and Caleb relationship and the Hanna and Ashley family unit. I really hate that this latest crap is happening to my beloved Hanna.

I really don't care about Ali at all, let her rot in prison, although I suppose her not taking the plea deal means Hanna won't be charged. Right? Or something like that? I'm having trouble keeping track of pretty much everything lately. Sigh.

• Love 2
I really don't care about Ali at all, let her rot in prison, although I suppose her not taking the plea deal means Hanna won't be charged. Right? Or something like that? I'm having trouble keeping track of pretty much everything lately. Sigh.

No, Hanna was arrested before Ali had a chance to sign the plea bargain. The police found Hanna's blood on Mona's clothing so they were able to issue a warrant completely independent of Ali's deal.

You guys have pretty much covered the stupid already. But I actually rolled my eyes when A wiped out their phones. Come on, show! If A is anyone other than Dr. Doom, Lex Luthor, or Magneto, I'm crying foul. Because there is no way that the average citizen should be able to pull this shit off. I'm thinking that this is all an insane plot by Mona to make both Ali and Hanna suffer. Because yeah, Mona is nowhere near dead.

But hate "BigAReveal" because yeah right...we've never heard that one before.

Right. Like they haven't teased that 25 times already. At this point, I'm watching out of habit and because I still adore the four leads and their moms, even when they make the Liars act like complete and total idiots. 

• Love 5

I'm so bored.

I don't what's the point of Ezria being over when they'll reunite them eventually anyways. Ezra's not going anywhere.

So none of them have a back up of their phones? Really?

• Love 3

Seeing Spencer and Melissa trying to mend fences was sweet, but we all knew that wasn't gonna last long.  I did like Spencer's date with English guy, and Troian really looked her age when she's dressed up.  I was trying really hard to remember what Melissa's secret was - and I had to look it up online.  She was the one who buried Bethany b/c she thought Spencer had killed her, right.

Poor Hanna being framed and thinking that Ali sold her out.  I would like to know who beat up Ali in prison - didn't anyone ask her when she went to infirmary to get cleaned up what happened?  

The Marins have no luck - Ashley was framed for Wilden's murder and now Hanna for Mona's.   Whomever "A" is hates the Marins the most, IMO. 

Glad Ezria is no more, finally.  It really is twisted that now Aria is of legal age, he's not interested anymore.

• Love 2
Ali was saying that she didn't know anyone in real life using the name Varjak.

I know this was what Ali said. It's the fact that the show recycled the name (and without having Ali mention it) that raised a flag for me. Like could this be related to CeCe (we know she successfully used Ali's ID before) or is it a twin? IIRC we don't know for sure that Ali was using the Holly Varjak ID, just that it had her photo.

And where is Cece? If she could return to Rosewood just to see Ali at the Christmas party, why isn't she skulking around after Ali is arrested?

Whomever "A" is hates the Marins the most, IMO.

It might be a tie between Hanna and Spencer. Ashley being framed for Wilden's murder was just the easiest, most obvious move; A barely had to do anything. (The early Hanna hate was real, but it was Mona.) Alternatively, A is attacking whoever is the most vulnerable or would be hurt the most - and Hanna had the most history with Mona.

• Love 1

Glad Ezria is no more, finally.  It really is twisted that now Aria is of legal age, he's not interested anymore.

This is on Aria though, she's the one who wrote the letter and is kissing other guys. Ezra clearly is shown as loving her, but was hurt from the letter and trying to put her first.

So Caleb did nothing to back-up the girls' phones or computers and was helpless to prevent this attack by A?

This show is boring me. I actually fast-forwarded through Spencer's scenes with the English dude because obviously he is irrelevant and we'll never see him again. 

The threats Ali has been receiving at the jail almost made me think multiple personality. Her room is a mess and something is written on the wall. Something is written in the dust? flour? what was that? that she just wrote Mona's name in. Or she could be faking it in an attempt to be moved somewhere else. Her jail scenes just feel so wrong to me. I realize it would be realistic for a mean girl in jail to be scared but PLL is not a show grounded in reality. The Ali we know - the blackmailing, scheming, faking-her-own death Ali - would be plotting something. Maybe she is? Maybe the show's just not showing it yet? I hope so, because I refuse to see Ali as a helpless victim. That's not who she is. 

• Love 4

I'm loving that Aria has grown up a bit and realized Ezra isn't a great catch. Of course she thought he was when it was statutory rape, because that's the reason the law exists. The older one is supposed to know better. The younger one very much isn't. That said, I'm still annoyed that they're packaging it as "Aria realized she missed out on high school fun because she was in such a serious relationship with an older guy." THAT WAS NOT THE PROBLEM.

God I wish he'd get arrested. I guess he already got dumped, I'm asking for too much decency.

Okay, so A deleted all their phones remotely. That would be a really big problem if text had been the only way A had ever threatened them. What about the other 100 ways? What about the dozens of little notes, of little "presents," of letters, of things written in blood, for crap's sake? Text is FAR from the only way A has ever communicated. This is a little ridiculous.

Plus, didn't the authorities essentially know that A existed before when Mona was A? I thought the idea was that she just got sent to Radley for it and the girls just never told anyone A was still going. So wouldn't their current claims actually be underscored by that history?

• Love 4

The timeline of this show continues to irritate me. Also, I've completely lost track of how all of these events are connected to each other. Is it just me or does it feel like this show has been on for over a decade already? Now I know it hasn't but it feels that way for me.

As for the episode, I really wish they would address the MIA status of Emily and Aria's parents. I mean where the hell are they? At least Spencer and Hanna's mom's are around.

• Love 4
As for the episode, I really wish they would address the MIA status of Emily and Aria's parents. I mean where the hell are they? At least Spencer and Hanna's mom's are around.

I can't wait until Emily's mom gets home and finds an adult stranger camped out in a spare bedroom in her house, but it's alright because it's a woman that Emily has known for all of 5 minutes.

• Love 2
(edited)

The remote wipe ties into this board's theory that this is set in the same fictional universe as Person of Interest and Samaritan has it out for the girls. In my mind's eye, Root shows up and Allison hits on her.

Root: "You're cute. Call me when you're 18."
Allison: "18? Why would that matter?"
Harold: "Miss Groves, this is hardly the time . . ."

EDIT: So, I don't want the revel to be cAleb, but it's certainly not looking good, right? He's the one who could in-universe pull off these crazy phone shenanigans-- at a minimum, he sure isn't trying his hardest to stop them. Simply putting the phone in airplane mode would be a good start, and just because something is notionally deleted doesn't mean it's actually gone. That, coupled with a dearth of other "plausible" suspects makes me think this is going to be another fake, "I betrayed you, but really I was only pretending to find out who A really is!!!"

Edited by tldryolo
  • Love 3

EDIT: So, I don't want the revel to be cAleb, but it's certainly not looking good, right? He's the one who could in-universe pull off these crazy phone shenanigans-- at a minimum, he sure isn't trying his hardest to stop them. Simply putting the phone in airplane mode would be a good start, and just because something is notionally deleted doesn't mean it's actually gone. That, coupled with a dearth of other "plausible" suspects makes me think this is going to be another fake, "I betrayed you, but really I was only pretending to find out who A really is!!!"

Mona could do it, she was a little computer genius too.

• Love 1

Well, Mona is a good point-- I'm sure she's not dead, but I'm not so sure they'll bring her back this soon.  If they're promising an (inevitably fake) big A reveal, it wouldn't be Mona, right?  And if they do a big reveal, fake or otherwise, they presumably would not bring Mona back in the same episode.  On the other hand, maybe she's fake-working-with-A behind the scenes and is doing all this, and a different A will be revealed in the finale.  Who the hell knows at this point?

StarsFallen, I dimly recall that, along with some sort of owl pendant that was actually a flash drive.  Nonetheless, it's been long enough that the wheel of suspicion could fall on him again.  

Also, I love Emily going up to Ezra and asking him to double-check his stalker research into them.  Truly, the strangest aspects of this show are those pieces which have faded into the background and don't even stand out any more.  

(edited)

Well, I really liked the episode. I loved the first scene with Ali and the way all the lies and stories the PLL and Ali have been making are now making it absolutely difficult to get help even when things got really serious. "A" just masterfully caught them in their own web. And Ashley now knows atleast some of the truth.

Yeah, that remote wipe was annoying. That´s why I would never buy a phone without a rejectable battery. You can just never turn it truly off because the only sure way to deactivate any phone is remove the battery. At first I was really angry at Caleb he just stood there, but then I realised it´s the stupid iPhone and once the hacker takes over he is pretty much powerless. They should definitelly made some offline backups, but I don´t know any Apple owner who does them. They just believe the backups in the cloud is enough.

Not sure what to say about Spencer and yet another guy, except for a second I thought she will really have a one night stand and go all the way with him but then they showed her waking up clothed and on a couch so I quess not. I understand the scenes could seem poitless but I think they really wanted to show how she is tempted to stay there and have a normal life, but then she can´t leave her friends behind. Even with Ali, she decided to not throw Hanna to the wolves at the end. 

So Ezra and Aria are on a break again?  Can´t wait to see more scenes with Ali and Hanna in the prison together. 

Edited by jane1978

As soon as Caleb was all, "we'll show them your phone! everything's on your phone!" I knew the phone was a goner. I was kind of hoping A would somehow remotely blow it up. But years of getting threatening harassing text messages and none of these dummies ever thought to screen shot them? Or email them to themselves? Or print out multiple copies and hide them? Or back them up to their computers? Something. Anything to show they made the effort, even though I'm sure whatever they did A would have found a way to sabotage but I can't get over that they didn't even attempt to back up the texts knowing what A is capable of.  

Okay, so A deleted all their phones remotely. That would be a really big problem if text had been the only way A had ever threatened them. What about the other 100 ways? What about the dozens of little notes, of little "presents," of letters, of things written in blood, for crap's sake? Text is FAR from the only way A has ever communicated. This is a little ridiculous.

This.

They should have all other physical evidence of the threats.

But... didn't we see, in some very early episodes, that one of the girls writes the A-texts somewhere? 

Damn, I feel stupid now, but something was happening, and one of them said that something was made out of A text. So they had some evidence, right?

S-A-M-E H-E-R-E! I was like "something has GOT to happen that keeps Hanna from spilling the beans to Tanner and the only thing I could envision is A hacking into her phone and deleting all of her messages. Please don't go there, come up with a less contrived and sci-fi-like way of holding her back... And they went there -.-"

(edited)

Well, at least this episode had plenty of "so bad it's good moments". Other than that I got nothing.

Except for many questions, that is. Like is this Colin guy the most annoying person in the history of the world. Or are Veronica and Melissa stupid? They have head of the concept of extradition, right? Spencer is not magically safe in Oxford.

Why is everyone suddenly so convinced the A-texts would be irrefutable evidence? And in that case why haven't the girls backed the texts up? Officer Toby warns Hanna then is not present for her arrest. I know the show has no money to hire many actors per episode but still. I laughed out loud when Hanna, the murder suspect with a warrant for her arrest dropped by and the cop was all "Who are you? Leave me finish my doughnut in peace".

Also when Caleb said "there is no time to ask your friends, you need to spill the beans about A now!" I wanted to smack him. Like there is confession deadline or something. Plus, who was going to believe if her if the other three girls denied it?

Ezra cracked me up when he tried to threaten that lawyer with the police. Attorney-client privilege, Fitz, google it. Idiot. And having the lawyer rush off to his secret hideout, so that they could follow him is such a tired and lazy cliche.

I wonder how Aria managed to say "I intend to stay single" with a straight face. Like she can stay single for even two days.

Glad Ezria is no more, finally.

I admire your optimism. Those two have broken up and gotten back together a million times. What makes you think this time it will be any different?

Speaking of beaten to death plots, Toby and Spencer are so getting back together in the season finale. Again.

I really want to think that Ashley being in the know about A would change things but I am sure that it won't.

Why isn't Mike helping with the investigation efforts? Isn't he supposed to be desperate to find out what happened to Mona?

Edited by maraleia
replace retarded with stupid- the r word is isn't tolerated here
  • Love 4

"Damn, I feel stupid now, but something was happening, and one of them said that something was made out of A text. So they had some evidence, right?"

Wasn't that Ian's confession?

Seriously, this entire episode bugged. No one backed up a single "A" text or email? Fine. But I watch a ton of true crime and these computer gurus can recover almost anything these days. And even without that, there have been numerous notes, tooth necklaces, a note IN Hanna's tooth, and so on that there ought to be quite a lot of proof.

The girls gave blood, which is of course how Hanna's blood wound up on Mona's clothing. The blood drive never reported it missing?? Vials with Spencer's, Aria's, and Hanna's blood all go missing from a blood drive and no one cross-checks the donor list with the actual vials of blood and notices that several donations have disappeared? Come on.

I love the show, but I think it's more for Hanna and Caleb than anything else. They're so pretty together I'd watch them eat soup and be satisfied. But the twisty, makes no sense plot lines are killing this show.

The girls gave blood, which is of course how Hanna's blood wound up on Mona's clothing. The blood drive never reported it missing?? Vials with Spencer's, Aria's, and Hanna's blood all go missing from a blood drive and no one cross-checks the donor list with the actual vials of blood and notices that several donations have disappeared? Come on.

I love the show, but I think it's more for Hanna and Caleb than anything else. They're so pretty together I'd watch them eat soup and be satisfied. But the twisty, makes no sense plot lines are killing this show.

Not to mention where did the police get this shirt.  The murder happened like 3 months ago and Mona's shirt shows up, in basically perfect condition, at least as far as the lab techs are concerned.  Where has this shirt been, should be a natural question?  Or why did it show up now all of a sudden?  Or how about, why would Hanna and Alison kill Mona, dissolve the body in chemicals but not think to destroy the shirt with both Mona and Hanna's blood on it?  Also shouldn't the cops be able to tell that Hanna's blood is like two days old?  I get that these are the cops in Rosewood, but this is like the only relevant plotline at the moment and it is based on something so ridiculous. 

• Love 4

The timeline of this show continues to irritate me. Also, I've completely lost track of how all of these events are connected to each other. Is it just me or does it feel like this show has been on for over a decade already? Now I know it hasn't but it feels that way for me.

It does feel like a decade. It seems so long ago that the show started and I'm completely lost about why "A" is doing all of this to Alison and the others.

• Love 2