Type keyword(s) to search

Everyone is A! The Spoiler Thread

Eh, at this point they're all 18 and have one foot out of high school. As long as he's not a teacher or a friend's mother's fiancé, I have no problem with it.

And even she says it could be platonic. The character is on PLL for at least 3 episodes? That's... not a lot. Not that I care either way: Troian having scenes with anyone better than Keegan is always a plus.

• Love 3

Mopencer, I think.  This is definitely going to be good.

Speaking of Mona, I am getting very excited to meet her mom!  I really need to know what kind of woman spawned Mona. What does their house look like?  Where's Mona's dad?  Is he buried in their back yard?  Is Mona's mama uber A?  In general, I'm opposed to A being someone we haven't met much or at all these past 5 seasons, but in this case, I could make an exception.

Edited by M1977G

I think I'm excited for the Mona stuff and that double date between ST and HC. Or Intervention date I guess that will likely turn into the Liars ditching their dates for A stuff. Haha.

Just thinking of Ezria having a double date with the other liars makes me cringe. I'm so not looking forward to that Christmas dinner. Ezra should feel as pathetic as he is.

Edited by mjgchick
  • Love 1

I wonder how the show will try to make it less creepy and lame for Ezra to be the only adult in a room full of teenage couples. I think it was wise to keep the Ezria-as-a-couple interactions with other people at a minimum in favor of Ezra interacting with the Liars one on one.

Spencer and Mona teaming up in Radley makes a bit more sense after this last episode and Hanna getting in Mona's car. I was already all-in for it, but now it might not even be that crazy of an idea. I wonder if it's related to Melissa's confession.

• Love 1

Haven't seen the episode description for the finale posted here yet, so decided to add it.

It's called Taking This One to the Grave.

Feeling trapped by Alison and A, the PLLs turn to an unlikely person for help. With Alison leading them down a dangerous path and A barring them from telling the police the truth, Aria, Emily, Hanna and Spencer feel trapped and are desperate to find a way out of this mess. With nothing else to lose, could the PLLs lose everything by putting their faith in a possibly untrustworthy ally? Meanwhile, Alison begins to build up her own army now that the PLLs have turned their backs on her.

We already know based on the promos that someone is going to die. Who do we think it will be? 

Gah, they end the clip right before we see Ali's response about her name. I hope they are just teasing us and she is not a twin.

Is it just me or does Holbrook seem creepy? I'm wondering if he is going to be a bad cop? Or maybe Tanner will be a bad cop? I can't believe they will both be good. What are the odds in Rosewood?

I can't wait to watch that last scene. Caleb and Hanna as lookouts for Spencer and Mona. It will be classic.

This is speculation, not a spoiler, but there's a theory floating around that Mona passed out in the choir room because she's weak from collecting her own blood, which she plans to use to fake her death. I think I'd like that twist -- I'd definitely prefer it to Mona dying for real.

• Love 10

ROFL. That is just the insane thing Mona would do. However, I still think the faint was faked: she was singing before it happened (you need good breath control for singing, so that seemed suspicious in the context of a panic attack with comes with hyperventilation - and it didn't exactly broadcast weakness either) and she came to very, very quickly. I've never fainted, but I was close to it once, and all I was capable of were weak reassurances that I was fine, nothing as forceful as Mona's requests for her bag. I didn't even drop to the ground, just needed to sit down, but, despite my best efforts to "get over it", It took me minutes to be able to function normally.

Not that anything would stop PLL from doing the storyline it wants, ofc. :D

Gah, they end the clip right before we see Ali's response about her name. I hope they are just teasing us and she is not a twin.

I lol-ed when I noticed that because I am sure it's just teasing: I think Ali will pass the test and, even if she doesn't, there is no way that her name will be the stumbling block. (Besides, if she is the twin book!style, she is either Ali herself or crazy enough to genuinely want/believe to be Ali.) After watching that scene I am more convinced than ever that Ali will pass because the explanation for the test involved memory vs imagination (wtf) which fits perfectly with how Mona couched Hanna. I don't think the show will imply that Mona is a better liar than Ali.

Edited by Crim

Mona definitely has a career being a spy if she wants it. Look at all the cool tech she has and code words! I could see why Spencer would want to go with her, they get to do actual spy work instead of running around like chickens with their heads cut off. 

If they go the twin route, I'm going with that is Alison and the girl the liars knew was the twin. 

Miranda Mayo (from Days of Our Lives & The Game) has a new recurring role on PLL. She's Talia, a chef who is new to Rosewood and gets off on the wrong foot with Emily. My guess is she's the person to buy The Brew. The question is will she end up as a love interest for Emily. My money is on yes.

Pretty Little Liars Post Mortem: Latest Victim Reveals Her Ghostly Return, Revenge Plans for Alison and More

TVLINE | We didn’t see the attack itself. Was there a plan to show more?

Actually, more will be seen of the fight. Mona did not go out without a struggle, and I’m very proud of her for that. If I could have chosen the way she died, it would have been that way — her fighting till her last breath.

TVLINE | Since we’re seeing her in flashbacks, what else is there to tell?

It’ll be satisfying for fans to get more information about Mona, since she’s been such a mystery. It’ll be good to see some backstory as far as she’s concerned.

TVLINE | So you’re still a series regular?

Yup! I’m still going to be a regular, just in a different way.

TVLINE | Will we see her in the Christmas episode?

Oh, yes, she’s going to have a fun part. She’s going to be the Ghost of Christmas Past, Present and Future. She gets to mess with Alison, and in a fabulous costume, I might add.

• Love 1

Miranda Mayo (from Days of Our Lives & The Game) has a new recurring role on PLL. She's Talia, a chef who is new to Rosewood and gets off on the wrong foot with Emily. My guess is she's the person to buy The Brew. The question is will she end up as a love interest for Emily. My money is on yes.

Why should men get to have all the teen girl action, I guess...

• Love 2

If that's true then I so knew the Pailey effortless reunion signified emminent doom. That's what happens when you're a doormat.

On another note, I'm extremelly excited for the Christma's special now. It sounds glorious. I'm so happy Janel will remain a regular!

Edited by cuddlingcrowley

Why should men get to have all the teen girl action, I guess...

Or even better, they set it up to look like Emily and the new character will hook up, but do a somewhat tongue in cheek fake out instead.  I would love to have the other Lairs ask Emily if she was interested in her boss and have her reply, "No, she's like 25.  That would be... um... completely normal and in no way unhealthy, just not my thing."

Nobody's posted here in a while, but did you guys see the buzzfeed article about 5B today? http://www.buzzfeed.com/jarettwieselman/pretty-little-liars-season-5-b-promo

Most importantly (imho) "According to executive producer Marlene King, the hit ABC Family series will undergo a change so drastic at the end of Season 5, it might be unrecognizable to fans."

Any ideas?? I've seen rumors that they'll have the show be from A's POV for season 6 so we get to know A's motives etc... 

On the other hand, its marlene king so this article could be entirely bs'd. actually thats pretty likely...

• Love 1

Seeing the show from A's perspective would be interesting if we could see who A is and get a sense of their motive. We've already seen things from A's perspective without revealing who they are.

I like the idea of things being changed up though! Maybe a flashback/flashforward scenario?

Another theory i've seen going around (that apparently originated with marlene) is that they are going to jump forward in time 2 years! ...which considering troian is 29....

While watching the show from A's pov would be incredible -- hell, watching one episode from A's pov would be incredible!--, I also think they're gonna go with a time jump. In many ways it would be more appropriate but especially because more and more I have trouble buying this cast as teens. They all look like and act they're graduating from college, imo.

Everybody talks about Troian's age but the one that constantly pulls me out of the show because of the age aspect is Shay. She gets even more ridiculously gorgeous with each passing day but the kind of gorgeous of a grown woman. I just googled to confirm my guess that she had to be around 27 and boy does she look it. 

• Love 1

I can almost buy Lucy and Ashley as teens, but even that is pushing it, but yeah, Shay and Troian just do not strike me as teens at all. I think that's part of why Wren and Spencer didn't bother me as much as Fitz and Aria, because Spencer looks and acts extremely mature while Aria acts and looks (and dresses) like a little girl. But if they time jump two years, does this mean they do that ridiculous TV thing where these characters all miraculously end up going to the same college? Or are they so screwed up at this point that they don't even go to college?

• Love 2
does this mean they do that ridiculous TV thing where these characters all miraculously end up going to the same college? Or are they so screwed up at this point that they don't even go to college?

Considering the buzzfeed article I doubt it especially with the time jump where the writers could have each girl going her own way and not necessarily have to show it.

I'm more worried about what their friendship will look like. It's perfectly possible to remain close to a highschool friend while far away (I know I have) especially if you have a bond as deep as these girls have but the question isn't whether it's possible they'd all be friends in 5 or 10 years from now. It's whether they'd want to. I can see at least Aria wanting to shut the door on the A part of her life for good and I don't think she'd be the only one.

My secret hope for this theoretical time jump is that the current love interests be long gone and maybe some surprising couplings (Hannily *hinthint*).

• Love 1

Considering the buzzfeed article I doubt it especially with the time jump where the writers could have each girl going her own way and not necessarily have to show it.

I'm more worried about what their friendship will look like. It's perfectly possible to remain close to a highschool friend while far away (I know I have) especially if you have a bond as deep as these girls have but the question isn't whether it's possible they'd all be friends in 5 or 10 years from now. It's whether they'd want to. I can see at least Aria wanting to shut the door on the A part of her life for good and I don't think she'd be the only one.

My secret hope for this theoretical time jump is that the current love interests be long gone and maybe some surprising couplings (Hannily *hinthint*).

Yeah I think if they do a time jump, it'll look more like the first episode of Season One, showing the girls who have been apart for a while and they they get drawn back together. Maybe A leaves them alone for two years and something happens to force them back together? I would guess most of it would happen over a summer break. At least one of them, I bet, stays in Rosewood though. Maybe Hannah.

• Love 1

Here are the majority of the episode titles for the rest of season 5.

5.14 - Through a Glass, Darkly

5.15 - Fresh Meat

5.16 - Over a Barrel

5.17 - The Bin of Sin

5.18 - Oh, What Hard Luck Stories They All Hand Me

5.19 - Out, Damned Spot

5.20 - Pretty Isn't the Point

5.21 - Bloody Hell

5.22 - only title not yet released

5.23 - The Melody Lingers On

5.24 - I'm a Good Girl, I Am

5.25 - Welcome to the Dollhouse

Hell, I could buy Spencer not going to college, sticking around Rosewood for the community school at best. I can't see how someone with two bouts of drug abuse, a stint in a mental institution and murder charges brought against her is going to have the Ivy Leagues clamoring for her to attend. Now, those first two instances might not come to light with her being a minor and all, but those murder charges are a matter of public record (I'm pretty sure she's 18 now and being charged as an adult). Even if she's exhonorated, having that on her record at all is going to prejudice colleges against her.

• Love 1

I'd jump forward like 3-4 years and set it after college has failed for them.  I'm envisioning Spencer has just become completely disinterested/disillusioned in her education and drops out.  Hanna struggles without her support group of friends and drops out due to bad grades.  Maybe Emily joins the Army to pay for an education, but is washed out for some reason.  They all meet back up in Rosewood where, to their amazement, Aria has actually become a success story, marrying into the Fitzgerald money and opening a business. 

Then they all team up to fight crime as masked vigilantes.

• Love 5

I'm thinking they'll jump forward and there will be some sort of tragedy that pulls them all back to Rosewood. Maybe A has taken a hiatus while they've been in college, someone close to them dies, and they get another A message at the funeral. It would be a call back to the pilot and could serve as a hard reset for the last two seasons.

I forget, do we know whether or not this show is going to do a time jump, or is that just speculation so far? They really seem to be setting that up by breaking up the couples and moving time along more quickly than usual, with actual deadlines.

• Love 1
I forget, do we know whether or not this show is going to do a time jump, or is that just speculation so far? They really seem to be setting that up by breaking up the couples and moving time along more quickly than usual, with actual deadlines.

It's just speculation, at this point, but there was interview aboutthe finale where it was talked about taking the show to a different place or something like that got me 80% sure we're heading to a time jump. The couples breaking up definitely seems like a huge hint to me.

ETA: Okay, I just found this. I don't know how legit it is.

• Love 1
It's just speculation, at this point, but there was interview aboutthe finale where it was talked about taking the show to a different place or something like that got me 80% sure we're heading to a time jump. The couples breaking up definitely seems like a huge hint to me.

ETA: Okay, I just found this. I don't know how legit it is.

There's a photo on SpoilerTV.com from Episode 522 (To Plea or Not To Plea) that shows Spencer picking up glasses full of beer at a bar and having drinks with some guy named Colin.  How would Spencer not get carded -- she's supposed to be 17 or 18 ?  Unless there was a time jump forward or the bar they are in some region like Quebec, Canada where the drinking age is 18, it seems like bullshit that Spencer would get served, because in Pennsylvania you have to be 21.

The even more confusing part is that Troian is nearly 30 in real life, per her IMDB profile.

lion10, it took me about 0.2 seconds to give in to temptation but I'm glad I did. The spoilers sound insane, like awesome insane. I don't regret reading it and I think it will only make me appreciate the season more in anticipation for what's to come. There are some minor stuff I didn't like, but pretty par of the course with PLL.

• Love 1

Thanks for that lion10, whether or not how legit it is.  If it's true, the finale seems pretty dark, i'm not sure how the show could bounce back from that.  There were a few things that sounded like classic PLL tho