Type keyword(s) to search

Everyone is A! The Spoiler Thread

If you look at the regular IMDB page, Roark Crichlow is credited as Tom Marin/Charles DiLaurentis. So, Hanna's father is Charlie ? WTF ?

ETA: And if that is true, then Hanna's grandmother had to know all this time because she would have been the one to adopt him.

Can we trust this or is anyone able to edit details about episodes on imdb?

Also Maya in the credits for this one so maybe she's alive after all? Or we get to see who killed her in a flashback?

(edited)

MK posted a confirmation there's in fact an A-team. Which, on one hand: duh. But on the other, the fact we haven't heard the expression since like season 2 has kinda been giving me anxiety. And we're, apparently, getting to know all their identities by the end of season S6-A which...okay. 

Edited by cuddlingcrowley
  • Love 3
(edited)

A nice masterpost of MK's tweets about the answers we should be getting...any day now. At the latest, by the end of 6-A. So we know what to yell at her about...jk. Sorta. Also, one tweet from Sasha and another one of MK's.

In all seriousness, I consider myself a big supporter of this show and MK but we were promised the dropped plots along the way would be explained (like frigging page 5??!!! The NAT CLUB??) but we're halfaway through 6-A and we've gotten... what? That Charlie is dead? Maybeprobably?

I know a lot can be answered in 5 episodes, but still, I'm ready for this lorenzo-sarah crap to end.

Edited by cuddlingcrowley
  • Love 6

Watch episode ten just be one huge infodump...knowing this show, they probably won't even utilize the full hour but do everything major in the last three minutes and then try to tie it all up with a sloppy hyperrealityadrenaline type bow.

I'm really hoping we can actually find out who A really is in ep. 9 - so then we can get a full epilogue to wrap things up in ep. 10

• Love 1
I'm really hoping we can actually find out who A really is in ep. 9 - so then we can get a full epilogue to wrap things up in ep. 10

I could swear I remember reading an inteview with Marlene in The Hollywood  Reporter where she said that's exactly what would happen. That we would find out who Charles is but the last episode of the season was favorite because it's so emotional when he find out not just the identity but the full story of Charles and how this all came to be. Now yes they've certainly jerked the audience around many times so who knows if it will be even a little interesting as she's selling.

(edited)

Of all the speculation I've seen based on MK's tweets, the idea that Sara is actually Bethany Young drew my attention. It would explain why she so badly wants to live in Rosewood despite the fact that she was introduced as queen bee sorta!Ali and now claims to have only an alcoholic mother and no friends she can turn to; she didn't even try to pull off the switch in her home town. The only problem is that she managed to pass off as Sara when she was "rescued". Someone, most likely her mother, must have identified her, and/or the police must have checked her old ID. Unless Bethany and Sara were sisters (twins? just no. that would be hilariously awful.) I don't see how they could have looked alike to a degree that this could work.

Even if Bianca Lawson is in an episode, Maya can't be alive. Her body was found too quickly for identification to be an issue.

Edited by Crim

Is MK serious about the balaclava? (And, wow, this is where the show is at? balaclavas as a plot detail. the writing room must be joyful with the smell of pot.) If Mona knew Charles well in real life - if he was Wren or Andrew - she would be likely to recognize him anyway. People can recognize others from behind, based on their height and general proportions and movement; and Charles also spoke to her. Was he wearing one of those Scream voice scramblers too? How about a cape? Maybe Charles had a cape and the magic of Superman where adding a pair of glasses turns you unrecognizable.

2 out of Jenna, CeCe, Noel, Wren and Melissa is frankly not a lot. I hope one of them is CeCe (unless she dies as Red Coat in the finale, I guess.) The most disappointing would be Wren and Melissa just visiting, or Spencer visiting them; though Wren hasn't been on the show in ages and the actor has been doing other stuff.

• Love 4

I really wish they hadn't had Ezra be a red herring..he's still an absolute perfect fit...my hope is that they were using the first time to test the reaction of people. (It was an overwhelmingly positive reaction to Ezra being evil..so I'm not even sure why they undid that.)

• Love 5

Here are some spoilers from a former PLL employee that was recently let go.  They contain major spoilers from this season including the season 6 finale about Charles and A.  They may or may not be true (for what it's worth, they do make a certain level of sense) but READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.  Here you go.

• Love 1
(edited)

It's all about stupid Radley so it might well be true. And Charles "thinks" the Liars took Alison away from him, so he punishes them? Can't they think of any new motive or one that makes even the slightest bit of sense, even to a lunatic?

Apparently Emily finally decides Sarah it too messed up even for her. Imagine that!

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
(edited)

^ Haha

I just saw those like an hour ago. I hadn't been on reddit for a while and was surprised to see everyone losing their shit over this.

I don't know if they're true or not, but it seems like the fired employee didn't give answers about everything. So it's either that not every question will be answered in the #summerofanswers (surprise surprise) or that we can rule out the spoilers to be true.

I have no doubt that the actors will be doing a great job, but it seems a little disappointing in terms of motive and backstory.

I STILL WANT IT TO BE EZRA DAMNIT!

Edited by raytch

Apparently Marlene responded on instagram that Charles' identity has not been revealed and no crew member was fired. Don't know who's lying... Marlene or the dude on reddit, but since the spoilers were pretty obvious and were basically what I've suspected all along, I wouldn't be terribly surprised either way. 

• Love 1

That seems stupid enough and filled with enough rewritten history, plot holes, and inconsistencies that I believe it is likely true. At least that makes A someone we know and not someone just introduced. I have a hard time believing that there aren't more co-conspirators and I'm certain that we will get another A/villain post time jump (either this one returned or a new one or previously unrevealed accomplice).

• Love 1
(edited)

Apparently Marlene responded on instagram that Charles' identity has not been revealed and no crew member was fired. Don't know who's lying... Marlene or the dude on reddit, but since the spoilers were pretty obvious and were basically what I've suspected all along, I wouldn't be terribly surprised either way.

The alleged fired dude seems to have spoilers for next week episode that didn't appear in the previews : 

i don't know, i don't watch the sneak peeks. not that much happens for a while, they think lesli is A for a little but then Charles attacks them when they know lesli is somewhere else with mona (this was a plan). Aria puts her photos up in a gallery, Clark is gay, Spencer gets into oxford and her mom wants her to leave right after graduation, sara and emily hook up, but then sara runs away again but emily and the liars find her by going back to the dollhouse. she went back there because it's easier for her to sleep there since she was there so long

So I guess we'll know if fired dude is legit soon enough.

If it pans out, I'm happy

it's not a character newly introduced but I resent the fact that A is a character we didn't see since season 4.

Edit to put more spoiler tags.

Edited by Pollock
  • Love 2

Just a note that we usually don't want spoiler tags inside spoiler threads because it's redundant, but in this case the spoilers (if true) are major enough that I'll let it slide. The tags are not required, though, so if any of you really don't want to know the (potential) ending, best avoid this thread until after the time jump!

• Love 1

The alleged fired dude seems to have spoilers for next week episode that didn't appear in the previews : 

i don't know, i don't watch the sneak peeks. not that much happens for a while, they think lesli is A for a little but then Charles attacks them when they know lesli is somewhere else with mona (this was a plan). Aria puts her photos up in a gallery, Clark is gay, Spencer gets into oxford and her mom wants her to leave right after graduation, sara and emily hook up, but then sara runs away again but emily and the liars find her by going back to the dollhouse. she went back there because it's easier for her to sleep there since she was there so long

So I guess we'll know if fired dude is legit soon enough.

If it pans out, I'm happy

it's not a character newly introduced but I resent the fact that A is a character we didn't see since season 4.

Edit to put more spoiler tags.

So Emily will have an epiphany. THANK GOD. Remember that time she had that epiphany about not wanting to be mushy squash? I'll take that over Sara any day.

Basically, Clark and Sarah are absolutely irrelevant to the plot.

I don't mind Charles not being someone who's been around a lot. It kind of makes sense as there has been a lot of clues pointing to

Wren

But him being Ali's brother is beyond me. Because I swear there's some relation between Aria, Bethany and all those clues to mental illness running in her family. Plus the mannequin family in her room.

I really don't mind this being true, but I was hoping they would find a way to connect all the dots that have been pointing to certain connections. We'll find out soon enough if these are true or not.

• Love 1
(edited)

Don't forget, this show was supposed to go 5 seasons. I'm okay with it because of that. 

But I'm not confident I buy it. I guess we'll know in a few different episodes. 

Also..what is this tweet about.

"A was seen in Reykjavik" #AriaKnows - from Marlene's twitter. 

In their first conversation, Ezra said he visited there..

Edited by mercfan3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Watt, the spoilers are in the comments, not the post. You have to dig through them.

I only read a few, and I believe them because they're insane and hackneyed and nonsensical, and they just feel like PLL. I am with this show until the bitter end, but I have never seen a well-executed and logical conclusion to any storyline. I believe them just like I believed Mona was alive even though they showed us her lifeless body. ;)

Edited by RedInk
  • Love 3
(edited)

I got them, thanks!

I think they seem fairly believable honestly, and Marlene saying no doesn't surprise me really, I mean what do you expect her to do, admit it's the truth? Best to deny deny deny.

Edited by Watt
  • Love 3

Since the spoilers seem to be deleted now can anyone comment on a general rundown?

Wren is Charles. Charles never really died. Mrs D faked his death and got him out of Radley. Radley paid her to keep quiet on his suicide (why I do not know). She gave that money to Charles. Wren was his new identity. She put the grave to help him say goodbye to his old personality and to cope with becoming someone else (little did she know he pulled an Oliver Queen and became something else altogether).

The yellow dress was for him as a Christmas gift to dress a doll like Ali because he loved her so much and could never let her go. He thinks the liars took Ali away from him.

Ali did not know Bethany. Cece was visiting her as Ali and she's the one who lured her to rosewood that night.

The Night of Many Yellow Tops, Charles snuck out of Radley. He sees Cece hitting Bethany (again, no mention of why she does this) and in a fit of rage he hits Ali thinking it's Cece. Mrs D freaks on him and he regrets killing Ali so bad that he kidnaps Sara Harvey the next day to have his doll.

Mona gets help to sneak in and out of Radley from Leslie, who also tells the liars about Cece visiting Bethany as Ali.

Ali is the one to unmask Charles / Wren. She goes back home and finds him waiting for her unmasked. He tells her the story and then starts getting aggressive with her. She tries to fight him off and succeeds to throw him off the balcony upstairs. She thinks he's dead but of course his body disappears.

Melissa is Black Veil. She knew about everything that night and helped Wren clean up his mess, she's been helping him as a way of punishing herself for burying Bethany alive. She never meant to harm Spencer.

Spencer forgives Melissa though she's pretty angry at first, and blames herself for not figuring it out sooner.

Spencer is the girl in her dream. She spent time in Radley as a kid and knew Charles for a while.

Toby and Ezra are not involved with A at all.

Emily and Ali kiss at prom.

Lorenzo dies. (I think Cece too).

Ted doesn't have any scenes so far.

Sara is not helping A, she's just a weirdo.

She runs away and the liars find her in the dollhouse because she misses sleeping there. Emily sends her back to her mama and bids her adieu because she finally gets that she's too fucked up even for her.

Clark is gay. His sole purpose is to tell Aria about the competition which she wins with her creepy doll photos and that's the origin story of how Aria became the best photographer of all time.

Andrew is never heard of again.

Aria also writes a book about their torment. That's why the liars get together after 6 years. And that's when they get a text from A which I'm guessing they read in unison like the good old days. And that's the end of 6x10!

Other fun facts :

Cece killed Wilden.

Ian did kill himself but it was Mona who forged that suicide note made with A texts (again, why? We do not know).

No mention of who's in the barrel.

Spencer gets into Oxford.

There will be Bethany flashbacks but the spoilers person wasn't there on those days so he doesn't know what she looks like or if we're going to see her face.

And alas, Marion did kill herself because she was so depressed over Charles' death: he reminded her of her son and she blamed herself for his death. (how she only remembers to get depressed and kill herself years after his suicide is beyond me. Charles was 16 when he took his own life, she jumped off the roof in 2007, Charles would have been in his early 20s then). ANYWAY, Bethany was the fragile patient who saw this.

Oh nevermind!

I should have finished the post before dinner but chose my belly!

• Love 3

I got them, thanks!

I think they seem fairly believable honestly, and Marlene saying no doesn't surprise me really, I mean what do you expect her to do, admit it's the truth? Best to deny deny deny.

The thing is, she didn't deny the other times spoilers were leaked.

I mean, we had all guessed who is A...pretty much because were had run out of suspects. And I don't mind, there are enough clues to make it seem like that's the case. But the "why" is supposed to be more important..and it's just a redo of Mona's reasoning. 

• Love 1
(edited)

To be fair, even if they could hire the best writer ever, that genius would still find it all but impossible to come up with a plausible motive without character assassinating the Liars in the process and retconning half of the show - "Oh, by the by, the girls killed Charles's girlfriend/best friend/puppy/blocked him on Twitter, did we forget to mention that?".

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 2

I don't know if I believe this spoilers or not, it seems to be missing important things like where the girls have been for the time jump. Who is engaged/married/broken up. 

• Love 1

I don't know if I believe this spoilers or not, it seems to be missing important things like where the girls have been for the time jump. Who is engaged/married/broken up. 

Not to say I believe all the spoilers even if I find them credible enough, but the leaker has stated he/she was on set until 6x10 only if I'm not mistaken (reddit is hard to read for an old fart like me you all!).

It doesn't seem impossible that we finish this episode with Charles' body missing 5 minutes before the end

--> time jump directly to find them at Aria's thing when there is a small talk like "oh Aria, you're so awesome, it's fantastic, you look so good with your new glittered jumpsuit paired with a feather hat, macramé bag, 6 inches red pumps and blue hair"

---> they receive a text signed from A. Or B. Or C if we really want to get crazy with the alphabet

--> the end. 

That's a classic slasher ending. 

And we learn in 6x11 about the girl lives during that time. 

I don't know, I'm bored today so I'm just spinning things. All I really want is for Toby to be transfered to Point Barrow taking care of grizzlis at some point. 

(edited)

^ Didn't the person say they were let go after the finale? How much of post-jump stuff would there be in the finale? "engaged/married/broken up" might not even have been written in at this point.

One question though: who killed Mrs D and why? I am looking through the comments for this answer right now, but see nothing.

Just like last time, I'm waiting for the next episode until I take the spoilers seriously or dismiss them. I do like some of it though (go. away. Sarah.)

ETA: And Pollock just posted about this as I posted. lol.

Also, I checked the comments and saw this: "there's only one scene. the girls get together years later after aria's written a book about everything. they all get a text at the same time, and they all look at each other freaked the fuck out and that's the end." so there you go.

Edited by Crim
  • Love 1
(edited)

One question though: who killed Mrs D and why? I am looking through the comments for this answer right now, but see nothing.

From reddit : 

[–]ander08 3 points 1 jour de ça

Is the blonde twin story explained at all? Who killed and buried Mrs. Dilaurentis?

perma-lien

[–][deleted] 9 points 1 jour de ça

no, it isn't explained that i saw. and charles did, it was another accident. he went into a rage when she went to tell him she couldn't protect him anymore and he accidentally killed her.

ETA : arrrgl, I don't know what to put with spoiler tags anymore! Haha! 

Edited by Pollock

YMMV but I don't even understand why there are spoiler tags in the spoiler thread in the first place. I don't understand coming into the spoiler thread but not wanting to be "really spoiled" so some things need to be hidden. Again, maybe just my unpopular opinion but I find having to click the spoiler tags to read a post and understand what's been said a bit frustrating when the whole reason I'm in the spoiler thread is because I want to be spoiled. 

• Love 2

To be fair, even if they could hire the best writer ever, that genius would still find it all but impossible to come up with a plausible motive without character assassinating the Liars in the process and retconning half of the show - "Oh, by the by, the girls killed Charles's girlfriend/best friend/puppy/blocked him on Twitter, did we forget to mention that?".

Exactly, they completely lost the story with all of their red herrings and attempts to fool us. Plus it is super obvious that there was no clear plan for A beyond Mona. It feels like they put the names of the remaining not-yet-A characters in a hat and drew a name and then tried to fit the story to that person. Or more likely they chose from who would be available for filming.

• Love 2

From reddit :

[–]ander08 3 points 1 jour de ça

Is the blonde twin story explained at all? Who killed and buried Mrs. Dilaurentis?

perma-lien

[–][deleted] 9 points 1 jour de ça

no, it isn't explained that i saw. and charles did, it was another accident. he went into a rage when she went to tell him she couldn't protect him anymore and he accidentally killed her.

ETA : arrrgl, I don't know what to put with spoiler tags anymore! Haha!

But then if she was seeing him in person then why try to send an email?

YMMV but I don't even understand why there are spoiler tags in the spoiler thread in the first place. I don't understand coming into the spoiler thread but not wanting to be "really spoiled" so some things need to be hidden. Again, maybe just my unpopular opinion but I find having to click the spoiler tags to read a post and understand what's been said a bit frustrating when the whole reason I'm in the spoiler thread is because I want to be spoiled.

It's just that if they're true it's pretty important because it's about the end game.

So just to be extra careful not to spoil someone by mistake or more than they want to be spoiled.

• Love 2

But how can one be spoiled by mistake in a spoiler thread? I'm sorry, I'm really not trying to be difficult but let's face it, it's known that there is a big reveal of A and who this Charles really is because Marlene and company said so in interviews before the season. Just like it's a known fact that there will be a time jump. Hell that's the only reason I'm even back this season because I'm taking their word that there will truly be some real answer and not more red herring bullshit. So knowing that, if one enters the spoiler thread then it should be obvious that you're likely to find out who Charles is. 

• Love 2

I don't understand why spoiler tags or no spoiler tags on a spoiler thread is such an issue anyway. Its not difficult to click them to open.

• Love 2

Because suddenly I feel like I have to question what I can and cannot say and what needs to be put behind spoiler tags which for me personally defeats the whole purpose of a spoiler thread. Because that's what I have to do in episode discussion threads or any other thread that's not a spoiler thread and I respect that because understandably there will be posters in these threads who have made the conscious decision to not be spoiled. But to be in the spoiler thread and I still have to be careful with what I post because someone might be spoiled in the spoiler thread - that makes no sense to me.

• Love 1

Oh I agree I just mean isn't it already unspoken that in a spoiler thread you don't have to put anything in spoiler tags? I dont see why we would need to.

Came across this synopsis on my DVR guide for 6.07:

"O Brother, Where Art Thou"

Charles plans to come home for his birthday and Jason looks forward to the reunion, but Mr. DiLaurentis would prefer to take Jason and Ali out of town. Meanwhile, Spencer and Hanna want to capture Charles, and Emily and Aria want to stay away from him.

I'm not sure how they get to this point from the events of 6.05. A lot must happen in 6.06.

I addressed the tags in a gold post earlier on this page, guys. Tl;dr version: I'm letting the tags slide because they're hiding spoilers more massive than the usual, but they're not necessary and if someone posts a big spoiler without them... well, you're reading this thread at your own risk.

• Love 2

Actually...the motivation suggested by the police about Andrew would be as good as any...particularly given the feminist themes that run in the show.

That A is some menist that believes women are the downfall of men and had an entire manifesto about it, and thinks these five girls (The original Queen Bee, the new Queen Bee, The Artist, The Brains, The Athlete...don't forget..show canon suggests they were all elite in some ways) represented the downfall of men. Have him be tied to the A Team or have Lucas be A (would make sense given his status and that criteria. And heck, this stuff is straight out of national headlines).  

Actually...the motivation suggested by the police about Andrew would be as good as any...particularly given the feminist themes that run in the show.

That A is some menist that believes women are the downfall of men and had an entire manifesto about it, and thinks these five girls (The original Queen Bee, the new Queen Bee, The Artist, The Brains, The Athlete...don't forget..show canon suggests they were all elite in some ways) represented the downfall of men. Have him be tied to the A Team or have Lucas be A (would make sense given his status and that criteria. And heck, this stuff is straight out of national headlines).  

But Lucas can't act!

I'd much rather have Andrew then, because the actor is more capable.

What you're saying is totally true, but I doubt they will go with something that obvious. This show always insinuates things rather than point the finger in a clear direction.

One of its' strong points imo.

• Love 2

Ugh, gender politics. I really hope the root cause of why A is harassing the girls isn't blanket misogyny or something equally stupid. The attacks and texts against the girls always seemed too personal to be about some imagined gender wars.

And I thought one of the big themes of the show was the cruelty of women towards other women as you can see with Alison and Mona, Alison and Jenna, Spencer and Melissa, Mona and the Liars, and Alison and the Liars. I'm disappointed that A is a guy.

• Love 5
(edited)
What you're saying is totally true, but I doubt they will go with something that obvious. This show always insinuates things rather than point the finger in a clear direction.

I'd put it differently: the show always insinuates (lots of) things rather than point the finger... until it commits to something. See: MonA, TobAy, EzrA, all hookups... Then, some short time before a reveal, it abandons subtlety.

@truthaboutluv, maybe this angle will help lower your frustration: these spoilers are not just massive, but also utterly unconfirmed. Until they start panning out, they could be read as speculation rather than actual spoilers and they soon could become irrelevant. This way, someone who checks the thread later can just skip them if they are already disproved. And even if the source is legit, it's just someone who was on set for some of the filming. For example, one of the comments says that there is no actual A Team aside from Melissa helping Wren, but I thought MK confirmed the existence of an A Team on twitter some time ago. Maybe their view on what an "A Team" is is different, maybe MK lied, or maybe this person missed a scene where the A Team is mentioned. Same goes for Andrew and others not being involved anymore (unless the actor wasn't on set at all, of course). IRC, the dollhouse leak was so perfect because the person read the actual script.

ETA:

And I thought one of the big themes of the show was the cruelty of women towards other women as you can see with Alison and Mona, Alison and Jenna, Spencer and Melissa, Mona and the Liars, and Alison and the Liars. I'm disappointed that A is a guy.

So much this! I quit the show over it. But there still is hope from Black Widow. Charles and Red Coat are out of the way after the finale, but the show still has to go on, and there was no mention that she is gone too. Unless, of course, her being revealed as Melissa is the end of it - anticlimactic though, and weird that MK didn't beat the drum that this will be part of the Summer of Answers too.

Edited by Crim