Type keyword(s) to search

Everyone is A! The Spoiler Thread

The only things I did not like about the spoilers were

1. A is not actually revealed. Which is weird bc all the promos tonight kept talking about the "big A" reveal. Then again, I guess they do that every season finale. 2. Toby and spencer getting back together. ugh whyyyyy. 

Edited by hqtextbook
  • Love 3

It's looking like these spoilers are accurate. They've set up the "Mona is alive" scenario last night, and the rest makes sense. Mona was on a mission to find out who the real A is, so it would make sense for her to end up locked in A's dollhouse.

The person who leaked the spoilers was spot on about Hanna's dancing scene and while I'm looking foward to the major spoiler about the finale to be true,

the one about the dollhouse

, I really hope some of the minor stuff they spoiled,

like the spoby reunion, the dudes teaming up with Ali and Andrew being a creep

is not entirely accurate.

Edited by cuddlingcrowley
  • Love 2

Hey guys, spoiler tags are normally not necessary in the spoiler thread, as people enter here fully expecting to be spoiled. However, I realize this is somewhat of a special case because over the past five seasons, we've become used to a certain level of spoilage, and these are major in comparison. If they're true, they've spoiled the big reveals from this season's remaining episodes. So... has anyone avoided reading them, or are we good to remove the extra tags here?

• Love 1

*** SPOILER WARNING (I'm assuming we can take the tags off now)

I've been following Marlene King on twitter and she's been so defensive about that promo that played after last nights episode. The promo implied that "Big A" would be revealed in this season finale. She keeps tweeting things like "I dont make the trailers, just write the stories" and "#BigAReveal" is just a big "A" reveal." Basically It seems like there wont be an A reveal at all. UGH. 

• Love 1

She promised us the big A reveal before season six ends, right? I wasn't expecting one this season... it's too soon.

Yes definitely. But I stupidly let my hopes get up a tiny bit when keegan kept saying in interviews that the reveal would be in this finale (why would he say that?!?). And then those promos last night definitely implied that also. But, yeah its definitely not happening :)

Edited by hqtextbook

I've read the spoilers and was pretty skeptical about them. Maybe I want to be because, while it sounds awesome, where would the show go from there for another season? Can it really avoid the Shark Jumping Olympics? Or does it want to go there and take away all the medals?

Anyway, if the show plays out like the spoilers say, this is the point of no return for the show making it all about Alison in a way that, imo, limits who A can be. It fits everything we've seen so far, just takes it up that one notch that makes A explicitly obsessed with Ali's life, not just Ali herself or revenge against her. It's the fact that

Mona is dressed as Ali and interacting with the Liars as her.

If the show finds an A that isn't Ali/Courtney or a close variant of this, I don't know what it can do. Well, Ezra would be a possibility, I guess, what with the cameras and the pre-written scenarios. Or some weird meta thing, like the train wreck attempts of Glee (if the recaps I've read of the latest episodes did them justice).

Edited by Crim
  • Love 1

See, I actually disagree.

I actually think this could tie in really nicely with the NAT club. Some person who saw the videos of these girls got obsessive.

Either way..I'm actually really excited about this possibility. It's REALLY dark and really creepy. 

• Love 2
Some person who saw the videos of these girls got obsessive.

While that could be true, there is still the fact that Ali has to be in them. A is trying to create a specific interaction: Ali and the Liars, not the Liars themselves, or the Liars and another person. Also, why did A wait so long? And why frame them at all? We'd have to watch the actual episodes to (hopefully) see if A's plan was to

grab only the Liars and Mona was supposed to be Ali all along

, while the real Ali goes to prison, or if A's plan was to get the Liars and Ali together, but something came up. Based on just A being A, I wouldn't discard the first option. And it's so throughly mental that there is something different there, about Ali. A waited until Ali came back. We know the original plan was definitely framing Ali for Mona's murder, and later frame the Liars too. This was definitely a two-part plan and A waited quite some time before phase 2, despite having the pieces in place. There was even a time jump in between episodes, so it isn't just about the scenes PLL wanted to show.

It would be interesting if these spoilers were correct AND the time jump spoilers were true.

It would be, yeah. It would also be a convenient way to move on from this pinnacle of crazy that the finale reaches. I wonder if the time jump would happen before or after they are free; there would be advantages to both options in terms of things that wouldn't have to be shown/written.

Love the 'dollhouse' spoilers. Sounds like a creepy horror movie, but is just bizarre enough to be true.  I think this show does well with genuine scares (among the lame ones). The memory of the knitting needles through the holes in the floor still makes me flinch. Ceramic-faced dolls and masks (WW1 or otherwise) also give me the heebie jeebies. 

Saving Ezra for the 'A' role would have been awesome. I wish they hadn't done all that creeper stuff with him. They should have shipped him off the show and brought him back to be Uber-A towards the end.  I can imagine him with a Dollhouse, a typewriter, and a fully functioning easy bake oven. Mommy Ezra could fund it all.

I can't accept A being someone who is barely on the show (Wren, the principal, a twin, a parent, a sibling) They just aren't in it often enough. They've ruled everyone else out.  I can't see myself being surprised by anyone at this point.  If it's someone who's barely on the show or hasn't been there from S1, then I won't care. I haven't cared about any of the minions. 

Whoever it is, I just hope TPTB decided long ago. They have a habit of just making stuff up as they go along. That's why I was surprised that they bothered with Mona fainting. More of that kind of long-term thing please.  I would love it if I could look back on the show (post MonA) and find all kinds of clues.

Shit, maybe everyone in Rosewood except Aria is 'A', and it's just a Truman show type deal.  Then the world really would revolve around her.

Edited by insubordination
  • Love 1

I never thought about the dollhouse spoilers fitting with EzrA, but they completely do. We already know he viewed the girls as part of a story and not real people. This could be his way of furthering his story and generating the narrative that he wants.

• Love 1

So, since the show doesn't have a Charlie..I went looking for one in Hitchcock. I'm not too familiar with Hitchcock..but I know Marlene is. And of course, there's a movie featuring not one but two Charlie's. And it was potentially Hitchcock's favorite of his movies. 

http://trueclassics.net/2010/10/28/shadow-of-a-doubt/

I think there are a few things interesting. 

First, there are no clear possibilities for who Charlie is in the context of A. There aren't two characters of the same name (that I can recall.) There's no creepy uncle. And there's no character named Charlie. 

Second..I find the writer's analysis of the doubles intriguing. Particularly given PLL's emphasis on twins. 

If the Character/Movie is of any indication of who Charlie might be..I've got a few guesses. I mean, I think the description of Charlie fits A to a T. Psychopath that infiltrates a small town. 

But I think CeCe is the closest match. First of all, CeCe would be aware of Ali's tendency to name people after characters. So calling herself Charlie might be a call to that. (Not only that, but does anyone know if CeCe is actually her real name..or is it a nickname for..say..Charlotte?) But her and Ali have the closest relationship to the one described in the book. Particularly the "We're just like twins." 

Another possibility is this is a reference to the Ali's Mom/Bethany relationship, and Charlie has stemmed from that. I don't know how Charlie could have..because Bethany and Ali's mother are both dead. But there's a potential theory here, I'm sure. 

But for whatever reason..I think big bad is going to end up being a man. 

• Love 1

Someone on the subreddit also made the guess that they maybe filmed several different endings where the blocks spelled out different words. They did that with the season 3 finale reveal (filmed paige, caleb, AND toby wearing the hoodie) just to make sure nothing gets leaked. The person on reddit was saying Charles is one of those fake endings and in the real ending, the blocks spell out "NAT CLUB." Just throwing this out...

• Love 1

Oh, was it Charlie or charlies? cause that makes a difference in my suggestion too. 

If it's Charles (and it's actually charles) then I take back what I said and it's Ezra..because..he's calling himself Charles Dickenson. :P 

But I actually hope it's NAT CLUB. That'll be a lot clearer...and actually goes with my original theory that this is a person who is obsessed with the girls from the videos. :P 

• Love 2

So according to the ABC synopsis for the finale A is a group of people ('they'). I got excited about that for a minute, but then went back to thinking well they've toyed with us often enough, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was just another red herring to keep us guessing and Interested until the finale. But I have always thought A was more than one person...

Well, we've known A was more than one person since Mona days, so that's hardly a new development. Now if A+ is more than one person... how would that work? Do they vote on what to do like a committee? Do they each do their own thing? Because if there is one person calling the shots, then this is not actually much of a reveal.

While it would be nice to see NAT Club relevant again, who would be left from the members we know? Because I don't want A+ to be some random guy who we never saw that just used to buy NAT Club videos. If the show is one guy's pursuit of new fapping material, that would be too... meta for me.

While it would be nice to see NAT Club relevant again, who would be left from the members we know? Because I don't want A+ to be some random guy who we never saw that just used to buy NAT Club videos. If the show is one guy's pursuit of new fapping material, that would be too... meta for me.

That would be horrible. I think it has always been so personal, it can't be some random person, it has to be someone we've known for a while now. Otherwise the whole tension built up until the end would have been for nothing, the writers have to go with a shocking oh-my-god-it's-you reveal/ending. Otherwise I think pretty much everyone will be dissapointed. (Although at this point I think a lot of people will be dissapointed no matter who the A in charge is)

• Love 1

At this point, it seems to me like the story of A is somewhere between the Toby's mom suicide/Radley storyline mixed with the Hastings and the DiLaurentis families. There's a huge piece of the puzzle there and I don't think we'll be able to figure anything out without it.

But one thing for sure, Big A exists because of a very dirty secret/matter/etc... between those families.

If you think about it, A has only really gone apeshit after Mona went to Radley and 'lost the game'. And more even, with Ali's return in Season 4.

During the first season, A was only sending text messages and disorienting the liars, a la Gossip Girl (a dark one but still). He really wasn't that dangerous, vicious, and murderous. The whole Ian thing was mostly the liars jumping to conclusions and believing them so hard.

So, either A has been the same person all along, amping up his game and spiraling downward towards obsession/insanity; or, Mona started it, Shana went at it for a while, and then 'the game' fell into someone else's hands, someone really dangerous and with a lot of motive. 

Was it Mona during the first season? or did she join A in the second season? Did she originally start it when she helped Alison to fake her death and had that doll lair in the motel room? I've lost track of all these details

Edited by raytch

Everything that was done to the liars in the first two seasons was Mona, if I remember Marlene or someone or other correctly. Except one or two things, like Emelie's creepy massage in the second season.

• Love 1

^ And even what Mona didn't do herself, she had it done by a minion. So it was all Mona. Except Mona said to Red Coat "I've done all you asked." so who knows. @raytch, I'm pretty sure the writers lost track of all the details too. I don't mean that they just forgot, but what are the chances that anyone can tie everything together in a completely coherent reveal at this point?

• Love 2

AHHHHHHH this is crazy!!! Im so pumped. Except for the whole thing where there's no real reveal but i hate myself for being shocked at that. When has there ever been a real revea;?

I have never been this excited for a PLL finale, even though I know we won't get a full-on A reveal.

If the spoilers are true, which it very much seems like they are, we'll get huge insight into A's motive and how batshit A actually is. 

I'm also hoping that Marlene isn't exaggerating when she says the show will take a very dark turn and we'll all be thinking "I can't believe this is the show now." PLL is in desperate need of a fresh angle. Ali coming back didn't shake things up as much as everyone thought it would.

• Love 3

I hope they get right to the good dark stuff. I feel like most finales are like 75% filler and then the good stuff is really short (and then the last 30 seconds is reserved for the fake-out "shocker" reveal). So, yeah, hopefully they spend the time wisely on this one. 

• Love 1

Showrunners bragging about their show "taking a dark turn" is never a good thing, IMO. Especially if we are talking about show like PLL that already has like half a dozen murders too many. Ironically, the more extreme A's actions are, the harder it is to take the show seriously. MonA forcing Hanna to eat cupcakes? Heartbreaking and (sort of) plausible. A getting five people arrested and then (IIRC) kidnapping them on their way to jail? Hey, A -  Joker called he wants his makeup back.

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 2

Showrunners bragging about their show "taking a dark turn" is never a good thing, IMO. Especially if we are talking about show like PLL that already has like half a dozen murders too many. Ironically, the more extreme A's actions are, the harder it is to take the show seriously. MonA forcing Hanna to eat cupcakes? Heartbreaking and (sort of) plausible. A getting five people arrested and then (IIRC) kidnapping them on their way to jail? Hey, A -  Joker called he wants his makeup back.

I feel like the show has plenty of light moments, despite all of the death and destruction. If Marlene isn't leading us on (big if) those moments will come to an end.

I don't mind the dollhouse things because there have been so many clues that the idea of the girls being living dolls is part of A's obsession. Didn't Hanna even say that Mona made her a living version of an Ali doll?

However, this bow and arrow thing seems ridiculous. Why is A suddenly firing arrows? Bullets, okay, but arrows? Seems too weird, even for this show.

• Love 2

I feel like the show has plenty of light moments, despite all of the death and destruction. If Marlene isn't leading us on (big if) those moments will come to an end.

Let's hope she is lying then because some the lighthearted moments are the only good thing about PLL nowadays, unless we count the eye candy. And in any event, you can only insert so many murder attempts, murder framing attempts, shovels and scary music in an episode. You need balance. Every time a show that has drama and comedy elements decides to get rid of the latter, it becomes nigh on unwatchable (like say Buffy the Vampire Slayer).

• Love 3

Wow this is so true. The most heartbreaking things on this show are the ones you relate to. Hanna's dad paying for her step sisters college instead of hers was so sad!! But when spencer/hanna/ali/whoever get arrested for the umpteenth time for no reason I barely feel anything. That being said, a complete psychopath kidnapping the liars and torturing them with snippets of their past...THAT I would be cool with because its just so creepy/interesting. 

• Love 2

I'd love it if season 6 started with all the girls being on the run from the law after being 'freed' by A. That would be a darker road to go down. But I suspect that would only last a couple of episodes and we'd be back to everyday weird life in Rosewood.

So I caved and read the Reddit spoilers.  I am thrilled that Mona isn't dead, but how can they not explain the body in the trunk?  If we never saw that, I could believe this one more.

I love how A is shown as being increasingly insane in the dollhouse.  As if A wasn't insane enough already, lol.

I suppose ABCF will call their #BigAReveal is about Mona not being dead.  Lame!

• Love 1

I haven't read the spoiler yet but I have an idea where it's going based on the comments. I am thrilled Mona is alive. I knew when Marlene and the cast kept emphasizing that you only know someone was dead in Rosewood when you see a body that she was tricking us. All she has to do is say Mona was in the trunk but not dead - drugged, unconscious, faking to make up additional evidence against Ali, playing dead to try to get away from her attacker, whatever.

I hope MonA is in on it and not just a victim. i really don't want this to be some random psycho we've never seen before. We have enough suspects. It would stink to hear none of them are A and it's really some new guy.

They are insane, but the promo itself is pretty insane. I cant wait to see the epsiode! It looks promising enough even if the big reveal turns out to be dissapointing (again).

I am seriously thrilled that those batshit spoilers were accurate. I hope the person who posted them is wrong about one thing, though -- I want an actual Big A reveal. I'm not expecting it, but it's past time for it. That would be the only way to truly shake up the show.

• Love 1

I am seriously thrilled that those batshit spoilers were accurate. I hope the person who posted them is wrong about one thing, though -- I want an actual Big A reveal. I'm not expecting it, but it's past time for it. That would be the only way to truly shake up the show.

I KNOW!!! But yeah theres no way we're getting a reveal. I kinda cant wait to see the FURY of fans on tumblr/twitter after all those promos promised a reveal... And especially after this: https://www.facebook.com/prettylittleliars/posts/10152661581955233

#BigAReveal or #BigAssDissapointment 

I guess we could hold out hope that the Reddit spoiler saw an unfinished version of the finale and the Big A reveal is tacked on at the very end... although I refuse to get my hopes up on that front. The life-size dollhouse will have to be enough.

• Love 2

If we're going to have two more seasons at least I don't really want to know who bigA is yet. If I'm going to know who's in charge the next seasons will be borig. It won't be about guessing who A is anymore, only about watching the liars fail over and over again at beating A. I also don't think it would work to replace A again like they did after Mona. So in a way I'd actually prefer a minion reveal...