Type keyword(s) to search

Newlyweds: The First Year - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Word to the wise: If your man *admits* to 14 prostitutes, you can bet your house that there are a lot more than that. And probably a lot more who weren't just hookers, either. 

Well he said 14 prostitutes...in Brazil; meaning there were probably others in the US.  

I felt that Adonis' father acted quite immature; he seemed pleased with himself that he had a wife and a girlfriend too, like no one else has ever done that before, isn't he clever.

So Tara was married when she met Rob, who has been married twice?  I have a feeling Tara was unhappy in her first marriage but married in Iranian man because her family wanted her to and she wanted them to be happy.  I think she slept with Rob and was like, "YES."  Her family couldn't understand that, so they dissed her.  If I were her, I'd never speak to my family again, especially my mother, talk about conditional love.  "We'll love you if you do what we say."  No thanks.

• Love 3

And wasn't he also locked up for a while too?

That poor girl reminded me of Joe Budden's girlfriend on the couples therapy show on VH1.

Hopefully she leaves his azz before it is too late as the other chick did.

Plus ,Adonis had such a distracting grill it was hard for me to concentrate on what he was saying.

What a misnomer!

• Love 5

Aren't prostitutes like dog years?  For every one multiply by seven.........

I was thinking about the 3 rule, myself, Whatever number people tell you multiply it by 3 and that's the real number!

Indiscretions aside, I don't think they are a real couple. The bit at the end where Erica was yelling at him in the TH seemed completely 100% acted to me. IDK.

Also, Erica- this is exactly what to expect from Adonis. Do not be surprised if he cheats on you again. You have been warned. When people tell you who you are with a shit eating grin, believe them!

I am 27. I don't think Tara and I look the same age. She looks great and is a beautiful woman but I think she is mid 30's personally. BUT on the other hand I think her plastic surgery ( and most plastic surgery) ages her a bit. So who knows. I kind of like her and Rob together. I Think Tara will cling to this marriage for dear life. Rob might figure she is the best he is going to get as he gets older. It could work! 

Rob and Ro are cute. I thought his dad's speech was cute and Rob seems to be a huge man-child baby but does seem to truly love Ro and that speech about her dad made me go all googly eyed. I think Rob just needs to grow up a bit. Hes stuck in that college boy phase.

I loved Craig and Brandon. I was genuinely interested in their story and I think they go well together. I hope they make it, I think they will mainly because they are both older and seem to be financially independent and secure on their own which I think is important- so marriage is more of a choice vs convenient ect. I wanted to see more of their like careers. Very interesting!

Does anyone have updates on the past 2 seasons???

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 1

I think Tara will cling to the marriage because she will hear a LOT of "I told you sos" if it doesn't work out. She'll want to prove that the cheating was worth it. I know a guy, call him "Paul," whose long-term live-in girlfriend (he moved her into the house he bought, wanted to marry her) left him for his childhood friend "Adam." Paul and Adam had been friends for something like 25 years. It ruined their friendship, it ruined the friendships between Adam and some of their other long-term friends (pretty much everyone sided with Paul), and to top it off, Adam used to hook up with the woman's sister so the relationship between the sisters was strained, which upset their parents. They got married and they just had a baby, and while I think they're happy, I also think they felt like there was pressure to legitimize their relationship as a Great Love because it caused a lot of people a lot of pain. (Paul was so heartbroken he sold his house and moved out of state. He's had a girlfriend for a while and he's doing well now though; this all went down a few years ago.) I can see Tara being like "See? He's my soulmate! SEE?" particularly if her family isn't supporting her.

• Love 3

I watched last season of Newlyweds to pregame for this season. Nadine "Bunny Love" and Erik were my favorites. Their daughter, Aurelia, had her first bday recently, and they did a trip to Europe with her.

I liked Ro, but not so much Rob. That flash of temper with the bow tie was really ugly. He and Ro use "he/I was an only child" excuse for his "mantrums", not a good thing.

Adonis is a HELL NO for me. That dick is Chernobyl, girl needs to run like he's trying to kill her. Dad alone is a deal breaker, all, "if I had this place, there'd be a woman in each room".

Tina and Tarz, I mean Tara and Rob are going to be drama. It's like a crossover with Shahs of Sunset. Reza could have saved that tacky burlesque somehow!

Brandon and Craig were reminiscent of Blair and Jeff, but Bravo has roles to fill, people, and We. Are. On. A. Deadline! I liked them the most, though.

• Love 4

Maybe Tara and Rob will be on Shahs of Sunset; they're both real estate agents, just like Reza and MJ!

I liked Ro, but not so much Rob. That flash of temper with the bow tie was really ugly. He and Ro use "he/I was an only child" excuse for his "mantrums", not a good thing.

I don't know about this.  To me, anger is natural and normal, also people express anger differently.  I think Ro is quite used to Rob's "mantrums".  For me I have problems with people who don't get angry.  Sometimes I think people feel, especially when it's a man,  anger=abuse and that's not always the case.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 5

The real estate dude is quite controlling and assholy already.

That poor woman is going from one bad situation to the next but at least the dick is good for now.

She looks older but I doubt that she had any surgery besides the girls.

I give it 5 years max.

The gay couple seems the most loving and stable ,IMO.

Ro is a lovely and patient woman, that boy is immature however he is kind.

She might regret not having invited her bio dad. It is better knowing that he could not bother rather than assuming.

The mother gave her self serving advice, IMO.

• Love 2

Let not the "14 prostitutes in Brazil" overshadow the Valley Girl-Vocal Fry-Baby Talk voice of the besieged bride-to-be, though. C'mon folks! Don't just swing for the low-hanging fruit, people!!!! Her voice! Her enunciation! Who's with me??

Good fucking lord, THAT VOICE.

And Adonis...that perma, shit eating grin. Are those veneers, are they ill-fitting?

Mess and a half, the both of them. 

• Love 9

YOU GUYS!

He defined polyamory as "a relationship where the woman gets to have other partners too".

DID ANYONE CATCH THAT?

As if it were a given that men have outside relationships.

I was in such disbelief at his definition that I had to rewind it and make sure that in fact he said exactly that. And he did!

• Love 3

There's no boundaries between father and son. That Brazil trip was some type of bonding for them. What doesn't help matters is one of the girlfriends sent Adonis a naked picture.

I could be wrong but I think his dad sent him the picture.  Either way, no bueno.

Tara(?) looks WAY older than 28.  She looks like someone in their 40s with great plastic surgery.  Mostly I think it her hair style that ages her.  I get she's probably trying to look the realtor part but I bet if she styled her hair a little more youthful she'd look more her age.

• Love 1

I could be wrong but I think his dad sent him the picture.  Either way, no bueno.

Tara(?) looks WAY older than 28.  She looks like someone in their 40s with great plastic surgery.  Mostly I think it her hair style that ages her.  I get she's probably trying to look the realtor part but I bet if she styled her hair a little more youthful she'd look more her age.

You're probably right. I do remember his father saying "it wasn't a naked picture!" That just further highlights the lack of boundaries and respect for Erica.

I think that's it, too. Tara has a suburban soccer mom hairstyle. She should let it grow out more and maybe try bangs. How it is currently does make her look more late 30s/early 40s than 28.

• Love 1

I don't think Adonis and his dad have zero boundaries, I just think they have low boundaries.  Not everybody has the same type of boundaries with others and that's what Erica really should look at.  If she wants a certain type of relationship and Adonis wants another, that marriage isn't going to work.  

• Love 3

I don't believe Rob and Tara were ever going to Italy. I think that was something they made up for the show and her freak out was completely staged. It felt very fake to me.

Yes, I thought the same thing. She was so excited showing off the sexy dresses she was going to wear and then to not go seemed so fake.

Did I hear Erica right when she said the thing she was a little insecure about was Adonis wanting a polyamorous relationship like his fathers? I would be more worried about him cheating and those 14 prostitutes and STD's! She must be a very insecure person to marry him after that bombshell admission anyway. Good luck with that girl!

• Love 1

When did Adonis sleep with those prostitutes, when he was 19?  She I wouldn't tell anybody what I was like at 19, why?  Because I'm not 19 anymore.

I think if Adonis wants a relationship with Erica, he's going to have to tell his father to cool it, stop talking about his wife and girlfriends and be more respectful of Erica.  He wants a primary relationship with Erica, but doesn't want to give up his primary relationship with his father.  That is going to cause problems.  

• Love 1

Erica appears to be a vapid, desperate fool. And she reminds me of a gussied up version of Hottie from Flavor of Love.

Hottie! Blast from the past with that one. I hope Erica doesn't serve her in laws raw chicken...

Oh, Erica. Girl, you are going about this all wrong. You don't trust him (for good reason) and you're more concerned about saving face and not disappointing family members flying in. For her sake, I hope it's worth it. I don't think Adonis is the scum of the Earth, but they clearly don't want the same things. They're too opposite.

• Love 5

I don't believe Rob and Tara were ever going to Italy. I think that was something they made up for the show and her freak out was completely staged. It felt very fake to me.

Listen. I am a diagnosed OCD'er and also have issues with flying. But if I'm planning a HONEYMOON to Italy and picking out pretty dresses, I'm knocking back a Xanax and getting on that damn plane. 

Tara looked like a big old drama queen.

• Love 5

Listen. I am a diagnosed OCD'er and also have issues with flying. But if I'm planning a HONEYMOON to Italy and picking out pretty dresses, I'm knocking back a Xanax and getting on that damn plane.

Tara looked like a big old drama queen.

For real. I want to be sensitive to her plight, but if I were Rob, I would be pissed if my honeymoon got impromptu cancelled on the way to the airport. Have a glass of wine or two at the airport bar, or take some happy pills and go to sleep. Maybe her last honeymoon to Santa Barbara was "the worst" because she's afraid of flying.

I was confused about Erica's beef at her wedding. Melissa seemed to be sitting down and minding her business. She didn't crash the wedding, so what's the problem? I guess her parents/guests don't know about Dwayne's wife and girlfriend situation, so she wanted to avoid embarrassment and questions? Especially since her side of the family is church-y.

• Love 1

You could see the look in Rob's eyes. The look of Oh Shit!when Tara was going thru her rituals. It was like it dawned on him, that her OCD was way more then he expected.

I hate Adonis and his ugly face and teeth. And Erica? She's a special kind of stupid.

• Love 7

You could see the look in Rob's eyes. The look of Oh Shit!when Tara was going thru her rituals. It was like it dawned on him, that her OCD was way more then he expected.

I hate Adonis and his ugly face and teeth. And Erica? She's a special kind of stupid.

Rob looked like, "Shit, I didn't know she was THIS nutso!"  

I can't stand Adonis (not an Adonis at all) and Erica's so silly.  I think the only reason she puts up with Adonis' nonsense is because they have great sex.

• Love 3

I want to be sensitive to her plight, but if I were Rob, I would be pissed if my honeymoon got impromptu cancelled on the way to the airport.

I imagine if the cameras were not on them, Rob would have acted MUCH differently.  It's not just this trip either.....in his mind their future includes traveling for vacations.  Not a good sign.

Edited by Palomar
  • Love 3

Good job acting Tara - NOT!  Because nobody (here, at least) believes that you were ever going to Italy in the first place, only to back out on the way to the airport. 

I wondered why Erica carried no bouquet down the aisle.  And if memory serves, she had no veil either.  It couldn't have been last minute planning because she mentioned all the out of town guests (who would be so disappointed if she called off the wedding - worst reason to get married EVER!).  Adonis reminds me of Billy Ocean, without the excellent singing voice. 

The gay couple is sweet, but that camping honeymoon seemed awfully "strange" somehow - that they didn't know it was essentially a parking lot with families within arms' reach.  Really???

• Love 2

Do we know for sure they didn't go to Italy?  

I wouldn't be surprised if they show her wanting to go home and then next episode is "FOOLED YOU! - I got my shit together and we actually went to Italy!" 

I mean that vacation had to have cost thousands of dollars. 

I can't stand looking at his ugly shiny, big, fat face.

Seconded!

What's the worst offender - the TEEFS, or the pube beard? I CAN'T CALL IT. 

I wondered why Erica carried no bouquet down the aisle.

I thought it was because she wanted all attention on that ghastly, tacky wedding dress.

Can't stand these two. I give them less than 3 years, but she might hold on out of desperation.

• Love 3

Seconded!

What's the worst offender - the TEEFS, or the pube beard? I CAN'T CALL IT.

The teefs...

I thought it was because she wanted all attention on that ghastly, tacky wedding dress.

Can't stand these two. I give them less than 3 years, but she might hold on out of desperation.

She is so damn desperate, I could even see her getting pregnant.

• Love 1

I imagine if the cameras were not on them, Rob would have acted MUCH differently.

Anybody else getting a HUGE asshole vibe from him? Almost like he's seething beneath the surface. I think this couple is doomed, too.

I actually like Ro and her hubby, despite their junk filled new apartment.

The gay couple is adorable. It seems they'll be able to work through their challenges, despite the arguments getting a tad messy.

• Love 1

Tara has one of the worst boob jobs I've seen in years. And I don't buy for one hot minute Rob didn't know she was married before Vegas.

Erica-what the hell girl?! I'd feel more sorry for her if she wasn't as annoying as Adonis. His father is shady as hell.

• Love 2

Gay couple obviously has a great deal of love and respect for each other. They'll go through their shit, but they'll end up OK in the end, I think. Also, they are both extremely easy on the eyes!

Adonis (SCOFF) and what's her name really confuse me. I don't think that he wants to get married, and I think that the ONLY thing she wants is to get married. Girl, he fucked 14 hookers! In Brazil! Are you serious? He also Really needs to shave that goatee off. It looks like a giant pube bush. It's incredibly distracting and it makes him look even more unfortunate. Also, someone needs to fund a public service announcement against vocal fry and up talk. It is not cute, folks. It is not cute at all.

The biracial couple is meh. The dude is wicked annoying. And I just CAN'T with fashion blogging. That ship sailed a few years ago.

And the little creep with his "Persian princess"? They are very well suited for each other. Both of them were shady as hell. You didn't know she was married? I am so sure. Also, his vitriol directed toward her family is concerning. They're not allowed to be concerned that their daughter who has been married for four months is getting divorced? After starting an adulterous relationship with you? How dare they? The nerve! Tara better never ever gain any weight. He seems like the type that needs his woman to look perfect at all times. I find her to be incredibly irritating. Her little story about her first honeymoon? Yes, I'm sure that the reason that the marriage didn't work out was because you only had two days in Santa Barbara. Boo hoo. She should really think about getting her plastic surgery revised a little bit. The girls are just not supposed to look like that. They are in a shape and position that is not found in nature.

Edited by Bugfrey Von
  • Love 5

I can't stand, CAN'T. STAND. Tara. HATE!!!

Actually, I can't stand Tara & Rob and Erica & Adonis (puh-lease). And Adonis' dad is gross. Not because of the polyamory (not my thing but whatever), but because he just looks gross and slimy to me.

• Love 3

I actually like Ro and her hubby, despite their junk filled new apartment.

I was all, squeeee! That's my neighborhood! when I saw their place. The building they live in is half a block from a house I own (I moved out about 3 years ago though). Fun fact: It's a former hospital and mental institution they turned into a big condo a few years ago. I had a minor surgery there once. The place was in such bad shape and such a crappy institution I didn't even stay the night in the room; I got up around midnight, and walked right past the desk and walked home. Nice to see the inside.

About them - that was a neat speech Rob made about making up for Ro's father leaving her and helping her to trust love. I can tell he's sincere by the way we've heard him say "Leave/I'll leave" multiple times already. Ro must feel awfully secure!

Edited by SnarkKitty
  • Love 5

I will eat my hat if Tara is 26.

I completely agree. Started to watch the first episode but don't have time to get beyond the guys trying to write their vows. Hope to finish soon. That said, yeah I can't believe she's 26, there's just no way.

• Love 1

I don't mind Rob and Tara because I have a feeling her family wanted her to get married to a Persian man and she could have been indifferent. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen people marry the person their family wanted them to marry, who were the right race/religion. I'm glad Tara bailed before she got pregnant.

Adonis mentioned that he went to prison, but that sounds like some white collar crime stuff (first world problems). It's not like the guy was dealing drugs or robbing old ladies.

Maybe Tara and Rob will be on Shahs of Sunset; they're both real estate agents, just like Reza and MJ!

I don't know about this.  To me, anger is natural and normal, also people express anger differently.  I think Ro is quite used to Rob's "mantrums".  For me I have problems with people who don't get angry.  Sometimes I think people feel, especially when it's a man,  anger=abuse and that's not always the case.

Also it didn't help that production added a noise to amp the sensation of it being a big bad thing.

I finally finished the second episode and I truly believe the

Adonis/Erica storyline and Tara/Rob honeymoon ordeal were completely faked for the cameras. I don't believe for a second that they just talked about the prostitute thing a few days before the wedding. I think it was fake drama for the show. She goes to a hotel for a couple of days and everything is all good? Riiiiiight.

And did you see her working that tacky dress? I swear I saw butt crack.

No, they definitely were not on their way to the airport. It all seemed poorly acted to me.

While I agree that she most definitely had pressure to marry a Persian man, her cavalier attitude toward that marriage, her jumping into bed with a dude she pretty much just met 4 months into the marriage, and therefore humilating her husband, and both of their families is inexcusable to me. She shows no remorse and acts so "cutesy" about it. I think she's disgusting.

• Love 3

While I agree that she most definitely had pressure to marry a Persian man, her cavalier attitude toward that marriage, her jumping into bed with a dude she pretty much just met 4 months into the marriage, and therefore humilating her husband, and both of their families is inexcusable to me. She shows no remorse and acts so "cutesy" about it. I think she's disgusting.

Agree about her shaming her family and having no remorse!  The fact that she slept with her new soulmate without telling him she was married is foul and immature.  Maybe she is as young as she says she is? 

They're showing reruns of season one episodes this morning. Just reminds me of how much I hated all of the couples in that season.. It sounds like season two is more of the same. Ugh.

Just wanted to make sure you knew we're on season 3 now. Season 1 though had the most annoying cast.

I don't like Tara's family, they probably arranged her first marriage, which was, I bet, why they were upset when she ditched her husband.

That and what I am guessing to be about 100k spent on the wedding. 400 guests aren't coming to a cheap wedding!

• Love 1