Type keyword(s) to search

LIVE CHAT: SNL 40th Anniversary Special

• Start Topic

I'm wondering if there will be a big musical number with all the musicians coming up... or maybe they will playing at the after party?  If so, hopefully those performances end up online.

NSYNC and the Backstreet Boys are supposedly coming on, so we might get them together.

Can you utter Conan O'Brien's name on NBC?

Yeah, Jerry hit two sore spots for the peacock.  If he hadn't made the a zillion dollars for the network back in the day he'd be sitting backstage with Charles Rocket sharing a bag of complementary airline pretzels..

• Love 2

I don't think I would have recognized Ellen Cleghorne.  Good for her for coming.

Confirmation of Dakota Johnson hosting.   I think I just heard Helenamonster scream.

• Love 3

Mr. and Mrs. Alec Baldwin giving that Tracy Morgan tribute was really sweet. But he gets a montage and not Eddie Murphy?

I wouldn't call an 8 second clip a montage. They didn't even show the best part of that sketch where he imagines the bird ordering things with his credit card.

• Love 10

Mr. and Mrs. Alec Baldwin giving that Tracy Morgan tribute was really sweet. But he gets a montage and not Eddie Murphy?

To be fair, Tracy almost died.  And SNL typically doesn't do that for people that have a valid reason for missing.  I don't think they did anything for Dana Carvey in 1999, but IMO, they probably tried to avoid a Dana Carvey "tribute" overshadowing Phil Hartman given the timing.

• Love 2

The show started off really strong, but it's gotten somewhat off-balance.  The buildup for Eddie Murphy to come out and say "thank you, go to commercial" baffles me. 

Edited by vb68
  • Love 2