Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13: Sister Act

• Start Topic

One of the clips from next week's episode: "Did Brandi Just Attack Yolanda?"

What I'm finding quite interesting about this clip (as well as something that Brandi said to Lisa R. at the Tops and Bottoms party) is that Brandi is really working to push the "Kyle is the true alcoholic" story. She might have even mentioned it at Eileen's house that night, that on the way to Eileen's, Brandi and Kyle shared a bottle of champagne, and after that Brandi switched to wine and Kyle to a couple of tequila shots. She told that story to Lisa. R. Now in the linked clip, she's saying that Kyle was drunk at the party when she (Brandi) arrived. 

I think Brandi is perturbed that Kyle can drink and hold her liquor while Brandi cannot (and Kim, well...).

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 8

Yes of course.  Bella is an alcoholic.  Kyle is an alcoholic.  But Kim has been sober for three years and is comfortable enough in her sobriety to have friends like Brandy that drink.  (insert eye roll here)  Interesting that the sobriety coach friend, Gennifer?, hasn't stepped in to break up this codependent group of nut ball.s

• Love 13

I wish Yo had been quick enough to come back at Brandi about her own DUI. It's one thing for a teenager to make a mistake, it's another for a grownass woman to do so, when she should know better.

I can't decide if Brandi is just so angry and jealous of these other women and we are hearing her underlying feelings come to the surface or if she is just stupid and unaware of how hurtful it would be to say something like she did. 

Bella's drinking has nothing to do with Brandi's.  Brandi has been showing her proverbial ass since she limped her way on to the show.  I just wonder what Brandi's conversations are about the others' children when she is not on camera.

• Love 7

I wish Yo had been quick enough to come back at Brandi about her own DUI. It's one thing for a teenager to make a mistake, it's another for a grownass woman to do so, when she should know better.

But, But, BUT, Brandi is a poor struggling single mom of 2 boys that was left poor/homeless by her cheating scumbag husband for a cheating scumbag woman after giving her an STD, isn't that reason enough to drink and drive?

Yet Yolanda is still tweeting things about loving people that are hard to love, aka/Brandi!

• Love 4

Yolanda was questioning Brandi's drunken behavior that she's exhibited for years .There are many ways Brandi could have "defended" herself from the perception that she's an alcoholic without dragging Bella's name into it. She knew exactly what she was doing. Yolanda knew exactly what Brandi was doing. That wasn't an innocent comment. However, it seems to have worked. Yolanda backed off.

• Love 5

Yolanda was questioning Brandi's drunken behavior that she's exhibited for years .There are many ways Brandi could have "defended" herself from the perception that she's an alcoholic without dragging Bella's name into it. She knew exactly what she was doing. Yolanda knew exactly what Brandi was doing. That wasn't an innocent comment. However, it seems to have worked. Yolanda backed off.

I think Yolanda has backed way off, so far away that she will not be coming back next season. So far that she said that she and Brandi do not see/talk to each other after filming ends in an interview, that is a big deal IMO. She can't come out and say she is done with Brandi without risking Brandi's normal retaliation of exposing secrets or even making up lies about Yolanda/family. First was the Mohamed/Joanna nasty comment, which IMO Yolanda told Brandi, then came sitting on David's lap and finally bringing up 17 year old Bell's DUI/drinking moment on camera. That is enough to push Yolanda off the show and Yolanda knows she can not say 1 word against Brandi or more will come out through twitter or the podcast. IMO, this is why Brandi keeps mentioning Yolanda at the end of her blogs each week, it is a reminder to keep her mouth shut or else...........  JMO

• Love 11

I think Yolanda has backed way off, so far away that she will not be coming back next season. So far that she said that she and Brandi do not see/talk to each other after filming ends in an interview, that is a big deal IMO. She can't come out and say she is done with Brandi without risking Brandi's normal retaliation of exposing secrets or even making up lies about Yolanda/family. First was the Mohamed/Joanna nasty comment, which IMO Yolanda told Brandi, then came sitting on David's lap and finally bringing up 17 year old Bell's DUI/drinking moment on camera. That is enough to push Yolanda off the show and Yolanda knows she can not say 1 word against Brandi or more will come out through twitter or the podcast. IMO, this is why Brandi keeps mentioning Yolanda at the end of her blogs each week, it is a reminder to keep her mouth shut or else...........  JMO

I guess Brandi didn't get the memo.  Yolanda no longer is able to comprehend the written word or watch TV.  I think Yolanda is a wash.  I really don't want to see Yolanda at the Reunion if she is the way she was last year towards Joyce.  Let Andy do his job.  I am afraid she will come on addled and break up conversations with her inability to follow the conversations or not having watched the episodes.  I think she will always be kindly to Kim and Brandi finding them somewhat damaged.

• Love 3

I think Yolanda is laying low with Brandi and her insults. She doesn't want any bad publicity coming out while her girls are just starting out in modeling.  Gigi seems to have landed some bigger jobs, and Bella has started to land a few things, too.  

I'm sure "her King" wouldn't appreciate having family secrets in the latest edition of OK! or whatever rag Brandi would start talking to for money.  Her podcast isn't that big of a deal to launch some big bombs.  Plus, if she spills stuff to a gossip magazine, it can be from an "unnamed" or "close" source.

Yolanda may have her revenge once she's away from the show and/or once her girls are firmly ensconced in their careers.

Brandi, there are plenty of functioning alcoholics or addicts.  People with busy lives who somehow get through their jobs, tasks, whatever, but they are still addicts.  No way was Kyle drunk at either party.  She's so jealous of Kyle she cannot see straight.  

• Love 6

This whole addiction/sister conflict thing is getting old. Kyle may be extremely uncomfortable believing that Kim is sharing family secrets with Brandi as revenge against her. Secrets that she does not wish to suddenly appear on RHOBH. If Kim & Kyle weren't on a show together it wouldn't be as threatening. Bottom line is Kim's close dependency on Brandi is enough to cause Kyle major anxiety. Brandi and Kim are aware of the harm they are causing Kyle...and it appears neither of them cares. So the torture continues tomorrow night. I just wish she could blow off the two trouble makers. Once she ignored them they'd be forced to look for another story line.

The way Kyle is threatened that Kim has a friend in the cast is weird and unhealthy. Kim is friendly with Brandi because she needs a friend. Kyle is trying to get between them because she is controling and manipulative over Kim.

Did you see in the bridal dress fitting episode how uncomfortable it made Kyle the Kim and Kathy were talking. Kyle has issues. Kim is just enjoying life. Brandi is probably just hanging out with Kim because she has no one else to hang with on the cast, and will turn on her as soon as one of the other lady's pay attention to her. But being friends with her is Kim's choice to make, mistake or not. 

• Love 4

The way Kyle is threatened that Kim has a friend in the cast is weird and unhealthy. Kim is friendly with Brandi because she needs a friend. Kyle is trying to get between them because she is controling and manipulative over Kim.

Did you see in the bridal dress fitting episode how uncomfortable it made Kyle the Kim and Kathy were talking. Kyle has issues. Kim is just enjoying life. Brandi is probably just hanging out with Kim because she has no one else to hang with on the cast, and will turn on her as soon as one of the other lady's pay attention to her. But being friends with her is Kim's choice to make, mistake or not. 

Why would Kyle care if Kim has a friend in the cast?  Perhaps Kyle would rather see her be friendly with other cast members who aren't so incendiary and polarizing as Brandi.  I don't know of many people who would bless a sister's friendship with someone who called the sister a c&nt and horrible person. Kim doesn't need Brandi's opinion on Kyle and if she is asking for it, then she needs to take ownership instead of sitting there with the shit eating grin and delighting in people fighting over her.

Does Kim really look like she was enjoying life in the back of limo when she was talking to Lisa Rinna?  I see a woman in pain and unable to deal with life, pretending to be sober and very lonely.

• Love 18

Kim is free to make any friend she wants to, that does not mean her family has to like them, especially 1 that helps Kim make excuses for getting high like Brandi does.

• Love 4

I just read Brandi's blog, she is most def sending Yo a message at the end of her blog IMO.

I still remember when Yo threw it out there that she doesn't really see or talk with Brandi when not filming. Brandi quickly tweeted something but I don't remember what. Andy read it on wwhl and the look on Yo's face made me think, she knew she was dealing with a lunatic, and best to coddle her. I don't think Yo is into Brandi but she is not dumb enough to speak out against her and unleash Brandi on her family.

I know we all talk about how childish and immuture Brandi is. But I'm always just floored how she really does react to everything like a preteen. This is a grown ass woman with children and everything about her screams middle school mean girl.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 13

One of the clips from next week's episode: "Did Brandi Just Attack Yolanda?"

What I'm finding quite interesting about this clip (as well as something that Brandi said to Lisa R. at the Tops and Bottoms party) is that Brandi is really working to push the "Kyle is the true alcoholic" story. She might have even mentioned it at Eileen's house that night, that on the way to Eileen's, Brandi and Kyle shared a bottle of champagne, and after that Brandi switched to wine and Kyle to a couple of tequila shots. She told that story to Lisa. R. Now in the linked clip, she's saying that Kyle was drunk at the party when she (Brandi) arrived.

I think Brandi is perturbed that Kyle can drink and hold her liquor while Brandi cannot (and Kim, well...).

I agree with your post but the part I bolded got me thinking. I do think Brandi has an issue with drinking. But I think the main problem is she drinks like a teen. She doesn't know how to drink like a functioning adult. She gets completely blitzed at dinner or parties like a person sneaking mommy's wine.

I understand cutting loose at times and drinking more then you planned, it happens. If you watch the other women they don't have a glass in their hands every time you see them.

I bet they have a couple drinks at most. I don't believe for a second that Kyle drank a whole bottle of champagne or whatever Brandi said. I don't know a lot of people that can drink that and not be slurring mess. I didn't hear Kyle slurring her words, Brandi again just a big ol'liar.

I guess it's just more proof that Brandi never matured past teenhood.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 8

Kim does need a friend. She needs a friend to tell her that she needs rehab and therapy. She needs a friend to support her efforts to get sober and cope with life without being high. She needs a friend who will encourage her to make amends to those she hurt and take responsibility for her actions. She needs a friend who will not let her dwell on petty grievances and selfishness.

Brandi is not that friend.

• Love 18

I think Brandi's issue is that she has anxiety issues, and after taking her medicine for that, while filming for RHBH she also drinks.  Stupid.

Kim said Kyle drinks like a fish too, way back in season one.  It's possible Kyle has a higher tolerance, or that it manifests (for her) with anger (ala last episode) or ponytail swinging.

In other words, I can believe Kyle hits the booze often and hard, but she's one of those who can, somewhat, control her behavior and not appear sloppy, or at least has the sense to control it on camera.

• Love 4

I think Brandi's issue is that she has anxiety issues, and after taking her medicine for that, while filming for RHBH she also drinks.  Stupid.

Kim said Kyle drinks like a fish too, way back in season one.  It's possible Kyle has a higher tolerance, or that it manifests (for her) with anger (ala last episode) or ponytail swinging.

In other words, I can believe Kyle hits the booze often and hard, but she's one of those who can, somewhat, control her behavior and not appear sloppy, or at least has the sense to control it on camera.

Kim said -you drink wine every day, she did not say Kyle drank like a fish.

What I find odd if Kyle is such a boozehound is the lack of change in her facial expressions. You can definitely see it in Brandi and she is the queen of all foreign substances put into one's face.  So far it has only been the two alcoholics that have made the assertion.  Kyle or anyone else, for that matter can't control drunk face on camera.  I think what keeps most of these women  from over drinking isn't that they worry about their behavior it is that they would look bad on camera.   

Last year Brandi was accusing Lisa of being an all night partier.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 6

What I find odd if Kyle is such a boozehound is the lack of change in her facial expressions. You can definitely see it in Brandi and she is the queen of all foreign substances put into one's face.  So far it has only been the two alcoholics that have made the assertion.  Kyle or anyone else, for that matter can't control drunk face on camera.  I think what keeps most of these women  from over drinking isn't that they worry about their behavior it is that they would look bad on camera.   

This might just be my experience alone, but I have found that the alcoholics in my family tend to believe that others drink just as much as they do. This is especially true with those that struggle or resist sobriety. This has been a point of contention in family drama before. They are not correct, of course, but there are those of us that really like our wine or vodka. I think what bothers them is that we can drink and it is not a problem.  We can have just one drink and leave it at that, but they cannot just have one drink. My BIL told me one time that was the hardest for him. That I could casually have one glass of wine where he would have to consume the entire bottle or 5. That is what it looks like with Brandi. That she cannot just have one drink. She says she knows she becomes a different person after her second glass, so just don't have that second glass. Unless there is a problem and you cannot stop at that. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 10

This might just be my experience alone, but I have found that the alcoholics in my family tend to believe that others drink just as much as they do. This is especially true with those that struggle or resist sobriety. This has been a point of contention in family drama before. They are not correct, of course, but there are those of us that really like our wine or vodka. I think what bothers them is that we can drink and it is not a problem.  We can have just one drink and leave it at that, but they cannot just have one drink. My BIL told me one time that was the hardest for him. That I could casually have one glass of wine where he would have to consume the entire bottle or 5. That is what it looks like with Brandi. That she cannot just have one drink. She says she knows she becomes a different person after her second glass, so just don't have that second glass. Unless there is a problem and you cannot stop at that. 

What is the old AA saying-"one drink is too many and 100 is never enough."  Brandi and Kim would not be the two people I would rely on to determine if one of their frenemies is an alcoholic.  Last year Brandi was saying it about Lisa and Kim was lapping it up.  Then there was the newly sober Kim trying to "help" Taylor.

Brandi may have been an entirely different person when she was married.  Without the Lexapro and Xanax she might have handled drinking very well.  I don't think highly of Brandi but the last thing she needs to be is a drink counter.  No one likes a drinking drink counter.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 6

Kyle isn't upset that Kim.has a friend...she is upset that it is Brandi. Only because Brandi is not a healthy person to be friends with.

Did Kyle have any issues when Kim and Adrienne became friends? I know they were pretty close season 1 through 3...ironically Kim was defending Adrienne at the season 3 reunion.

• Love 5

Why would Kyle care if Kim has a friend in the cast?  Perhaps Kyle would rather see her be friendly with other cast members who aren't so incendiary and polarizing as Brandi.  I don't know of many people who would bless a sister's friendship with someone who called the sister a c&nt and horrible person. Kim doesn't need Brandi's opinion on Kyle and if she is asking for it, then she needs to take ownership instead of sitting there with the shit eating grin and delighting in people fighting over her.

Does Kim really look like she was enjoying life in the back of limo when she was talking to Lisa Rinna?  I see a woman in pain and unable to deal with life, pretending to be sober and very lonely.

No, she did not look like she was enjoying life in the limo, but that was one night that she fell off the wagon. She told Kyle that she took a pill. It was one night. People on this forum seem to forget all of the other episodes where she is the only person besides Yolanda who is actually acting like an adult, all because of one episode.

She was not sit back and grinning over people fighting over her either. She seemed geniunely upset with Kyle for the way that Kyle was behaving. 

• Love 1

When the email Bella sent Yolanda was made public a few weeks ago, my first thought was that Brandi released it. Now that I seen the preview from the upcoming episode, the suspicion popped in my head again.

Edited by quinn
  • Love 4

I don't think I've ever seen Kyle appear to be inebriated.  I'm sure she's buzzed in many of the group scenes but I've never seen her looking downright hammered.  

I don't think I have ever seen, across all of the franchises, anyone as shitfaced drunk as Brandi was in Palm Springs.

During the dinner the women had, Brandi could barely even keep his eyes focused and was swaying in her seat at the table.  

And that drunken request that Yo remove her weaves...Ye gads.

I seriously thought she was going to pass out face first right into her plate several times during that scene.  

I told Mr. Persnickety if she had a "friend" at that table, they'd hustle her drunken ass off to bed and get her off camera.

When you're so drunk that you make Ramona and Sonja look like teetotalers, you've got a problem.  

A BIG problem.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 13

I agree with your post but the part I bolded got me thinking. I do think Brandi has an issue with drinking. But I think the main problem is she drinks like a teen. She doesn't know how to drink like a functioning adult. She gets completely blitzed at dinner or parties like a person sneaking mommy's wine.

I understand cutting loose at times and drinking more then you planned, it happens. If you watch the other women they don't have a glass in their hands every time you see them.

I bet they have a couple drinks at most. I don't believe for a second that Kyle drank a whole bottle of champagne or whatever Brandi said. I don't know a lot of people that can drink that and not be slurring mess. I didn't hear Kyle slurring her words, Brandi again just a big ol'liar.

I guess it's just more proof that Brandi never matured past teenhood.

I agree with you 100%.  One of her big problems is that she is incapable of doing anything in moderation.  Everything about her is over-the-top.  Never just a glass or two of wine, always inebriation.  Never just a disagreement, always screaming and insults.  Never a simple dislike for someone, always threats to kill and take people down.  Never just friends, always BEST friends to the point of excluding all others.  Never just discomfort when told something she doesn't like, always "STFU" screeched at high volume in public places.

Every time I see how amused and self-satisfied she looked after she threw the wine at Eileen - even as Lisa is looking at her in total shock - it reiterates for me why I absolutely cannot stand her.  That's who she is, and she's never going to change.  She has the emotional maturity of a toddler, yet - unlike a toddler - she learns nothing.

• Love 8
No, she did not look like she was enjoying life in the limo, but that was one night that she fell off the wagon. She told Kyle that she took a pill. It was one night. People on this forum seem to forget all of the other episodes where she is the only person besides Yolanda who is actually acting like an adult, all because of one episode.

One episode? Kim's track record is not that great.

• Love 5

She was not sit back and grinning over people fighting over her either. She seemed geniunely upset with Kyle for the way that Kyle was behaving.

Yup, and unlike a lot of the women on this franchise she isn't cruel when she's sober. After watching this I really do wonder if Kyle IS as bad as she is in terms of alcohol consumption but just a better drunk. It makes Kim's resentment a lot more understandable, IMO, if Kyle has been doing the same thing all this time and being held in more esteem than Kim. I'm looking at Kyle's behavior and realizing it's not that different from Kim in the limo. She escalated a situation, cried, yelled, called Brandi disgusting (Kim called Lisa R the same word) and gave her sister the double bird. She just did it without slurring. Too bad Brandi and Kim have no credibility, I think they may have something.

• Love 4

Yup, and unlike a lot of the women on this franchise she isn't cruel when she's sober. After watching this I really do wonder if Kyle IS as bad as she is in terms of alcohol consumption but just a better drunk. It makes Kim's resentment a lot more understandable, IMO, if Kyle has been doing the same thing all this time and being held in more esteem than Kim. I'm looking at Kyle's behavior and realizing it's not that different from Kim in the limo. She escalated a situation, cried, yelled, called Brandi disgusting (Kim called Lisa R the same word) and gave her sister the double bird. She just did it without slurring. Too bad Brandi and Kim have no credibility, I think they may have something.

B and K have big mouths, that's what they've got. Kim has acted the fool for the past seven seasons. Kyle is raising four kids and running a business. There would be a clue if she had a substance abuse problem. It's ridiculous to assume that the nasty spit that sprws from the maws of these two sad human beings has any validity.

• Love 9

Yes, Kyle and Kim are dysfunctional. As sisters. Kim is dysfunctional as a human being. Her "help me, I'm just a child" crap is such an addictive behavior. "You hurt my feelings" wah wah wah. These are mature women (in age) and they behave like adolescents. It's uncomfortable to watch. Kim definitely needs help. She definitely doesn't need Brandi's "help." I enjoy Lisa R's and Eileen's takes on this mess. And it is a freaking mess. Buncha dumb bitches. By that I mean Kim, Brandi, Kyle and a player to be named later.

• Love 8

B and K have big mouths, that's what they've got. Kim has acted the fool for the past seven seasons. Kyle is raising four kids and running a business. There would be a clue if she had a substance abuse problem. It's ridiculous to assume that the nasty spit that sprws from the maws of these two sad human beings has any validity.

I dunno. The first look made everybody look bad. I sympathize with Kyle, but damn if she doesn't invite drama.  When Kyle get's angry or emotional, she seems irrational.  Good thing Lisa has known her a long time, because WTF Kyle? Don't turn on someone who is on your side.

Kim is a lost cause.  I know there is a lot of hate regarding Brandi, but I'm out of sympathy for Kim.  I find her to be selfish and hateful. Drugs or no drugs, she is not a good person.  

I can't help but think the Richard's sisters thrive on drama.  

Edited by CatMomma
  • Love 3

Absolutely!  We've never seen anything to indicate that Kyle has a substance abuse problem.  Problems, yes.  Drugs and/or alcohol, no.  Surely we would have seen something in all these seasons to support that, but there's been nothing.

Yelling, crying, and calling Brandi disgusting (as referenced in the post you were responding to) is not evidence of substance abuse.  If it were, I would be packing for the Betty Ford Clinic right now because I have certainly done all of those things.

There is no doubt that Kim has a substance abuse problem.  It's been discussed, admitted to by Kim herself, and we've seen it play out.  There is zero evidence that Kyle even over-indulges on occasion.  I just don't see any fair comparison at all.

• Love 6

Yes, Kyle and Kim are dysfunctional. As sisters. Kim is dysfunctional as a human being. Her "help me, I'm just a child" crap is such an addictive behavior. "You hurt my feelings" wah wah wah. These are mature women (in age) and they behave like adolescents. It's uncomfortable to watch. Kim definitely needs help. She definitely doesn't need Brandi's "help." I enjoy Lisa R's and Eileen's takes on this mess. And it is a freaking mess. Buncha dumb bitches. By that I mean Kim, Brandi, Kyle and a player to be named later.

Kyle will never walk away.  She and Mauricio will continue to be stellar parents and own successful businesses but deep down Kyle wants her big sister to enjoy life and all it had to offer.  After Season 1 Kyle did have to put some distance between she and her sister but make no mistake they have an odd way of pulling together.  I am anxious to see if Eileen's efforts have any effect on the sisterly relationship.  

With recent events in the Richards sisters' family I think the Kim and Kyle dynamic will take a back seat.

• Love 5

This is the fifth season.  Kyle having a drinking problem has never been brought up to my knowledge and the women on the show have been dissected to the max.  Does she enjoy a drink?  Sure.  Have we've seen most of the women a tad drunk?  Sure.  The only ones that have a problem is Kim and Brandi.

I don't think Kyle was turning on Lisa in the first look.  She just tried to reason with her sister but once again, it was turned it into being about Kim being hurt.  She just didn't want to hear Lisa talk about herself at that moment.  She was utterly frustrated. 

Kyle will never totally walk away from Kim and Brandi just pours salt in the wound with her comments about Kyle not being there for Kim.  You're a bad sister.  Guilt trips.  Kyle needs professional help.  Not because she has done something wrong but because she has to understand that Kim's addiction is Kim's addiction.  She needs to get the reinforcement that it's not her responsibility to play into her sister's choices.  It's not her fault.  And to walk away from Brandi.  Easier said than done.

• Love 9

This is the fifth season.  Kyle having a drinking problem has never been brought up to my knowledge and the women on the show have been dissected to the max.  Does she enjoy a drink?  Sure.  Have we've seen most of the women a tad drunk?  Sure.  The only ones that have a problem is Kim and Brandi.

I don't think Kyle was turning on Lisa in the first look.  She just tried to reason with her sister but once again, it was turned it into being about Kim being hurt.  She just didn't want to hear Lisa talk about herself at that moment.  She was utterly frustrated. 

Kyle will never totally walk away from Kim and Brandi just pours salt in the wound with her comments about Kyle not being there for Kim.  You're a bad sister.  Guilt trips.  Kyle needs professional help.  Not because she has done something wrong but because she has to understand that Kim's addiction is Kim's addiction.  She needs to get the reinforcement that it's not her responsibility to play into her sister's choices.  It's not her fault.  And to walk away from Brandi.  Easier said than done.

I don't think Kyle is angry with Lisa.  Problem with Kyle she has a whole crowd of assholes in her family and I don't mean her immediate family.  Between Kim and Kathy's kids there is a whole lot of trouble in that group.

• Love 4

I don't think Kyle is angry with Lisa.  Problem with Kyle she has a whole crowd of assholes in her family and I don't mean her immediate family.  Between Kim and Kathy's kids there is a whole lot of trouble in that group.

I don't think she was angry either, she was not in the mood to listen to anyone about anything outside her immediate anger/confusion/pain. Lisa was trying to tell her the best way to handle Brandi was to not react to her, a lesson she learned the hard way after last season, something she is more than willing to admit to. I found it a tad funny when Kyle yelled at Lisa that she had warned Lisa about trusting Brandi in the first place, yet here we are a few years later seeing that Kyle was sucked into Brandi's trap even though she knew better!

• Love 4

I think Kyle has generally been weary of Brandi. She worked on being friendly with her after Game Night but she has never trusted her. She has never defended her and taken her in to the great extent that Lisa and Ken did.

I don't think Lisa's advice to ignore Brandi the way Lisa now does makes sense here. Brandi is not getting to Kyle. Brandi interfering with Kyles's co-dependent dysfunctional relationship with Kim is what is getting to Kyle. Kyle feels that Brandi is using Kim and will eventually hurt her so she believes she can't ignore Brandi.

Edited by VanillaBeanne
  • Love 5

I think Lisa Rinna just broke my love-o-meter.

Thank goddess, finally a woman with a set of cajones who is calling Kim's shit out for what it is.

And Kim, you never were the actress you think you are.

Your ass was nowhere near crying in your talking head.  

At least Kyle had smeared makeup and mascara all over her white cloth napkin.

And I can't tell if Kim is fucking orange from self-tanner or jaundiced.  

She looks like a human billboard for Sunkist.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 12

Ok, I've been reading this whole sisters/friends debacle for pages and pages and it just fascinates me to no end, everyone's opinions and takes on it. 

I have two sisters and I have friends.  Neither one of my sisters has ever been my "best" friend, so I found that comment Kim made to Kyle just flat out odd.  In my life, friends have come and friends have gone, (yes I have had some friends for 20+years), but the one and only difference is if either one of my sisters (or brother) needed a kidney I'd be the first one at the hospital.  I don't know if I would do the same for a friend - what if my sister needed it next year. lol

For me, family is family no matter how many times they hurt you.  There is nothing short of murder that I wouldn't do for family.  I maybe a little skewed as I lost my only child 3 years ago and my family has been my only strength, 90% of my friends ran for the hills (its a hard topic for people to deal with, I understand).

• Love 12

Absolutely!  We've never seen anything to indicate that Kyle has a substance abuse problem.  Problems, yes.  Drugs and/or alcohol, no.  Surely we would have seen something in all these seasons to support that, but there's been nothing.

Yelling, crying, and calling Brandi disgusting (as referenced in the post you were responding to) is not evidence of substance abuse.  If it were, I would be packing for the Betty Ford Clinic right now because I have certainly done all of those things.

There is no doubt that Kim has a substance abuse problem.  It's been discussed, admitted to by Kim herself, and we've seen it play out.  There is zero evidence that Kyle even over-indulges on occasion.  I just don't see any fair comparison at all.

A lot of people you'd never guess are alcoholics are alcoholics, but I worded my original post badly. I'm not trying to make a case for Kyle having a substance abuse issue; I don't think she does, though it wouldn't shock me if it were true and the suggestion did make me wonder a little bit. I think in reality she was probably a bit drunk at the party and did what people who are a bit drunk at a party have done when their feelings are hurt since the beginning of time, and that is to become weepy and aggressive. I can't prove this one way or another, of course, but if this is what happened I do understand how Kim and Brandi -- both addicts, both sloppy drunks -- could say "Ok, when I had a little too much and cried, called people names, got loud, dropped a bunch of f-bombs, and flipped somebody off, everyone immediately went to have a ki-ki about how awful I am. Kyle does the same thing and...."

I don't agree with it! I get that with them it's a totally different ball game. I just understand how they'd reach that conclusion.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 4

Most of the people that I know drink too much on occasion, yet still manage to live full productive lives, take care of their families, and work their jobs. I would consider "drinking too much" to be causing a scene and losing control of your emotions as a direct result of drinking too much alcohol. IMO it was clear that Kyle's actions during the mixer were fueled by drinking too much alcohol. I  don't think these drinking episodes alone are a big deal or indicative of a larger problem (aside from causing embarrassment to the drinker) , but leave it to Brandi to use this to her advantage and try to paint Kyle as an alcoholic. It's obvious that Kim and Brandi have problems with alcohol. I think its certainly possible that another HW may have a substance abuse or alcohol problem- they learn to be very crafty about hiding things- but I think Brandi is just using this incident to put Kyle in a bad light.

I don't have favorite or least favorite HW, so from where I sit, sometimes they all behave like total assholes, and sometimes their behavior impresses me. That being said, I generally like Kyle, but I thought she acted pretty charmless and petty in tonight's FL. Everyone was paying attention to Kyle, and agreeing with her and she still got an attitude about Lisa bringing up Palm Springs. She just squawked at her, "This is not about you Lisa!" And I thought she looked really childish and petty. I know her behavior could be excused by her having such an emotional night but she totally reminded me that she was an actress there. She sounded like a bratty teen. This is my scene Lisa! We're all talking about how I was wronged! Everyone pity me right now!

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 5