Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: Trial By Fire

I didn't notice anything out of place with Juliette's walking around, but now that I think of it, it makes sense. She was sitting on the couch, with her back against the wall. She walked before she vogued so that Nick's back was then against the wall and her's was to the rest of the house. She had no idea how Nick was going to react, so it would have been safer for her NOT to be against the wall at that point.

• Love 4

It was cheesy, and boy the visuals on Biestfight were lame, but.... to heck with it, it was fun!  Grimm is a dumb, silly, entertaining show so I don't mind it.  And I like the callback to the Braunschweiner or whatever it was.  That Barso- the fire monster guy- looked an awful lot like a more ripped Denis Leary.  As a MotW it was kind of lame- bring back the canon fairy tales, please!- but it was enjoyable to watch, as bad as some of the FX were.

Couple of nitpicks:

One, for all the secrecy all these years about the hidden trailer, and all the importance Aunt Marie gave to keeping it hidden with her dying breaths... pretty much the whole scooby gang knows about it.  And, thanks to carelessness, now the felon cop is aware of the books, or at least the "secret library".  Granted, any Wesen would assume Grimms keep some kind of lore, since many other Wesen types do.  But now there's some concrete evidence that Grimms store information about how to kill Wesen.  On the flip side- and I'm gonna presume it was Wu who finally suggested it- we just took our first step into a digitized trailer, you guys!  It's happening!

Second... um, nthing the "Why is Juliette so powerful?"  She goes from clumsy to fighting prowess in like a week, but here's a better question: isn't Adalind a made hexenbiest now? The writers don't seem to know how they're going to decide on the nature of Wesen: we know a Grimm's blood magically de-hexenbiested Adalind way back in season 1.  A complicated multi-episode arc then turned her back into a hexenbiest; so either the blood only suppressed her inner hexenbiest, or that spell turned her back into a new one.  And if that's the case... then why wouldn't Adalind be a superhexenbiest like Juliette, since she too was manufactured as much as Juliette was?  That said, her look of terror when she de-woged, and her frustration in the car, was the best acting of that whole sequence.  Er... I guess that's not much of a compliment, considering who she acted against. :)

• Love 4
And that point about how Juliette has been a hexenbiest for five minutes and just an hour ago had no control of her powers to the point that she didn't even know she'd disabled that car, to suddenly throwing up her hand and stopping the vase. ANOTHER laugh-out-loud moment. If we'd just had some episodes of her honing her skills. But from "Did I do that?" wackiness to knife thrower...don't get me started

I guess the scene in the kitchen (was that last episode?) where Juliette was trying to get the pepper shaker to come to her and accidentally whacked herself in the head was supposed to indicate that she's been practicing more off screen, but yeah, she's the Mary Sue of Hexenbiests.  Barely needs to practice, learned it all in a few days, and doesn't even need any advice or tips from experienced Hexenbiests.

She would have done better to explain to Nick what happened to her verbally first before showing him visually but of course the show goes for what would cause the most angst and drama.

Totally agree X 1,000,000!  Aaaaaargh!!!!

Why, why, why are they doing this??????

To provide a credible reason for Juliette to not kill Adalind the next decent chance she gets.  One more thing I really like about Juliette is that there's none of that lip-trembling "D-don't make me hurt you!" that so many female characters get.  If you screw with Juliette, she will kill you and not feel even a little bit bad about it.

If

Adalind is pregnant with Nick's child

then Juliette can't just pin her to a wall and skewer her with knives.

• Love 4

I've actually loved Bitsies acting since she's become a hexenbiest. She's noticeably colder, shorter tempered and acts like she can barely contain the emotions inside her. I've really enjoyed it although I miss the sweeter version of Juliette a bit. She's one of my favorite characters so I guess I'm biased but I have very much appreciated this story line.

• Love 9

I didn't notice anything out of place with Juliette's walking around, but now that I think of it, it makes sense. She was sitting on the couch, with her back against the wall. She walked before she vogued so that Nick's back was then against the wall and her's was to the rest of the house. She had no idea how Nick was going to react, so it would have been safer for her NOT to be against the wall at that point.

I never really noticed that, but it does kind of make sense. Although, like someone else, posted, I sometimes would walk around when I am nervous and Juliette seemed nervous (and it looked like she poured herself something to drink too to clam herself down). 

• Love 2

Why is Juliette so much more powerful than Adalind?  Well, she was lucky rolling her initial stats, plus she has a nifty trait that gives her a bonus to attack power, and another one that gives her a massive buff when she's standing in or near her kitchen.  Also Adalind is dual-specced in Hexes and Potions and Mindfuckery, but everyone knows that putting talent points in two specializations just weakens you overall, while Juliette put everything she had in Savagery, the damage dealing spec.  And she just recently went on a raid with the group and soloed an elite monster, so she's swimming in experience points right now, whereas Adalind has spent a large amount of time locked in a dungeon that gives her no xp.

And lastly Adalind is just really fucking incompetent.

I may be playing fast and loose with RPG mechanics there, haha.

• Love 10

Look, you'll just drive yourself crazy trying to bring rationality into this. It's clear the writers had a goal. And that goal was to make Juliette *cough* powerful *cough* enough to fight Adalind. So we got convoluted plot after convoluted plot to get to where they didn't even try to make it LOOK like a fair fight between someone who's been a hexenbiest her whole life, and someone who was freaked out two weeks ago after looking in a mirror. 

Then the show gave them acrobatic skills on top of everything else.

You'd think since the whole thing was plotted, the execution would have been better. But it wasn't. At no time did you feel Juliette was in any danger from the more experienced and devious Hexenbiest. 

I don't think you were supposed to feel that Juliette was in any real danger.  Adalind was like a nasty housecat expecting to play "cat and mouse" with a tiny Chihauhau who ran into an angry pit bull instead.

The acrobatics were probably an application of telekinesis.

Besides, it's possible some of us are overestimating the difficulty of learning/using the telekinesis and other physical abilities.  Maybe it's more like driving.  Figure if you drive a car, you can drive a different kind of car or drive a pick-up.  It might take you a day or two to get the full hang of it, but driving is basically driving.  Telekinesis seems to be an instinctive, extension of the body type of thing.  Juliette's had some training in self-defense/martial arts so using the TK comes pretty easily to her.

Figure the hard part of being a hexenbiest is the actual learning and use of magic.  Telekinesis is a fairly simple ability.  Mind control probably isn't.  Channeling magic into spells and rituals probably isn't.  Figure if Adalind and realized she was going up against a young, powerful hexenbiest, she'd have been prepared.  She'd have potions to augment herself and weaken Juliette.  She'd have been prepared to fight on her terms instead of having to fight on Juliette's terms.

As it was Adalind wasn't prepared for the fight she had to fight.  She didn't even get a chance to try her mind control or sonic scream because those abilities require a bit of time to activate and Juliette wasn't going to give her that time.  I suspect that we'll see Juliette get lippy or defiant with Henrietta and then Henrietta will give Juliette and object lesson in exactly what a prepared, experienced hexenbiest can really do.

• Love 9

I don't think you were supposed to feel that Juliette was in any real danger.  Adalind was like a nasty housecat expecting to play "cat and mouse" with a tiny Chihauhau who ran into an angry pit bull instead.

The acrobatics were probably an application of telekinesis.

Besides, it's possible some of us are overestimating the difficulty of learning/using the telekinesis and other physical abilities.  Maybe it's more like driving.  Figure if you drive a car, you can drive a different kind of car or drive a pick-up.  It might take you a day or two to get the full hang of it, but driving is basically driving.  Telekinesis seems to be an instinctive, extension of the body type of thing.  Juliette's had some training in self-defense/martial arts so using the TK comes pretty easily to her.

Figure the hard part of being a hexenbiest is the actual learning and use of magic.  Telekinesis is a fairly simple ability.  Mind control probably isn't.  Channeling magic into spells and rituals probably isn't.  Figure if Adalind and realized she was going up against a young, powerful hexenbiest, she'd have been prepared.  She'd have potions to augment herself and weaken Juliette.  She'd have been prepared to fight on her terms instead of having to fight on Juliette's terms.

As it was Adalind wasn't prepared for the fight she had to fight.  She didn't even get a chance to try her mind control or sonic scream because those abilities require a bit of time to activate and Juliette wasn't going to give her that time.  I suspect that we'll see Juliette get lippy or defiant with Henrietta and then Henrietta will give Juliette and object lesson in exactly what a prepared, experienced hexenbiest can really do.

Yes, I just figured that Juliette had surprise on her side. Adalind wasn't prepared to fight a fellow hexenbiest.

• Love 5

Why is Juliette so much more powerful than Adalind?  Well, she was lucky rolling her initial stats, plus she has a nifty trait that gives her a bonus to attack power, and another one that gives her a massive buff when she's standing in or near her kitchen.  Also Adalind is dual-specced in Hexes and Potions and Mindfuckery, but everyone knows that putting talent points in two specializations just weakens you overall, while Juliette put everything she had in Savagery, the damage dealing spec.  And she just recently went on a raid with the group and soloed an elite monster, so she's swimming in experience points right now, whereas Adalind has spent a large amount of time locked in a dungeon that gives her no xp.

And lastly Adalind is just really fucking incompetent.

I may be playing fast and loose with RPG mechanics there, haha.

Thanks for the D&D epic character build analysis of the biestfight, haha!  It was mentioned last week I think that Juliette is actually more powerful because she was made a hexenbiest and not born one.  Why?  Because the writers want her to be more powerful so they made that up.  That's fine by be.  And the supersoaker stashed with all those medieval-looking weapons is priceless.

• Love 3

It was nice to see a familiar face. Although- I really wish Trubel would come back. With Nick being a Grimm & Juliette being a Hexenbiest, they really don't NEED her. But I like her & I like what she brings to the show.

Anywho- back on topic....

I'm so happy Juliette FINALLY told Nick. I'm really going to get frustrated with him if he gets all mad & weird. Juliette has gone through so much crap for him. I've been watching since the beginning & it takes a lot for me to stop watching a TV show. But if Juliette & Nick somehow become enemies, that would be IT for me. I don't see them doing that... But you never know.

Also- Nick has had soooo many chances to kill Adalind & he hasn't. I really wanted her dead by the end of the season (and I wanted Juliette to do it) but now I don't think that's going to happen. Her coming in & out of the picture has just gotten old. But that's my opinion.

• Love 1

The only thing that would have made BIESTFIGHT awesome is this exchange:

BRING IT!

Oh, It's already been BROUGHTEN.

It probably would have gone more like

BRING IT ON, BITCH!\

Oh, it-  Potsmash!  Throat-rip! Skullslpode -glurk

Phone call

Juliette: Hey, Nick, come home, I need to talk to you.  Also, you need to get rid of another corpse.

• Love 1

I spent the first few minutes of the show thinking the actor who played Damien was Denis Leary - and then when he clearly was too young (and too ripped), decided it must be his son. Wrong on all accounts - but man, they should play relatives at some point in their future acting careers!

I didn't have any problem with Juliette's new found skills - it seems to me she's consistently found the power within her when she had a real need to use it. Just like when she killed the manticore or the wesenrein guy. I enjoyed the ride and didn't bother to think too much about it. Come to think of it, she's racking up quite a kill list, maybe she and Nick ARE made for each other!

I also don't mind Juliette being so powerful - at least they show it. Unlike say, another show with a redhead *cough* Sleepy Hollow *cough* whose powers are talked about, but never shown.

Loved Rosalee scolding Monroe, and how he came back with his tail tucked between his legs (as it were).

I don't mind MotW stories - I like my arc stuff parceled out in small doses. Especially if the Royals are involved.

• Love 6

Also- Nick has had soooo many chances to kill Adalind & he hasn't. I really wanted her dead by the end of the season (and I wanted Juliette to do it) but now I don't think that's going to happen. Her coming in & out of the picture has just gotten old. But that's my opinion.

I'm going to reply to this in the Adalind thread...

I guess Juliette's sudden fighting prowess/control of her powers didn't really bother me because for one thing, her powers are obviously tied to her emotions, and nothing's going to get her more riled up than Adalind at this point. For another thing, she had home court advantage. Like the shot where Adalind is thrown into the kitchen and the cabinet above her opens up and empties its contents all over her head. Juliette knows that house like the back of her hand, Adalind doesn't. I don't think it was a matter of Juliette being more powerful than Adalind, but rather that Adalind was a bit out of her element, not to mention being taken completely by surprise. All Adalind could do was react. If she'd been prepared for Juliette and was expecting this the outcome probably would have been different.

What bothered me is NBC has shown promos of this big fight all week long and I spent 55 minutes watching the clock waiting for it. By the time it was at the 8:55 mark I couldn't believe they still hadn't gotten to it yet. In the big picture the flaming arson guy was pointless.

• Love 2

Yeah, it's not just NBC's problem. I noticed on 4/5 shows I watched whose promos promised major happenings this week, said major happenings were all the last five minutes of the episodes. This is what we get during sweeps. Damn promo depts.

You know, I don't need constant promos to whet my excitement for a story.  It just needs to be a good story.  Juliette getting the upper hand after being toyed with and tormented by Adaline and raging out with her new powers is a great story.  I can completely buy that she was acting on pure adrenaline and instinct, with a huge element of surprise thrown in like the cherry on the top of an awesome sundae.  She'll get better with practice, but here she has complete motivation to kick ass and she does.  After years of being bored by watching damsels in distress waiting for rescue I'm plain sick of it.  How refreshing that at least one originally pretty whimpy damsel has found her mojo.  If I were Juliette, I wouldn't give that up for anything.

I don't care if the effects aren't perfect and the story sometimes drags.  This show is clever and has a heart - and a large number of really strong, empowered females on both sides of the heroine / evil chick spectrum.  Win.

And after all your comments and a dose of commercials at my son's house last week, I've never been so grateful for not having to watch on network tv.   I gave up cable a year ago and haven't looked back.  There are only a few shows that I don't mind paying for the season up front on prime, and Grimm is one of them.  About the only downside is no coming attractions.  :(

Edited by Reo
  • Love 2

I spent the first few minutes of the show thinking the actor who played Damien was Denis Leary - and then when he clearly was too young (and too ripped), decided it must be his son. Wrong on all accounts - but man, they should play relatives at some point in their future acting careers!...

I thought the bolded part too. Casting people, take note! Although I'm not sure if Leary's ego would be comfortable with a younger, hotter version of himself on the set. Heh.
  • Love 2

Although- I really wish Trubel would come back.

Ugh. I hope she never comes back. I hated the character.

It just has to be said: fire Wesen was smokin' hot (pun intended). Dude was seriously ripped. I get that he takes off his clothes so they don't get burned, but he really should have removed his underwear too, then. Just in the interests of continuity of course.

The catfight/hexenbattle was hilariously bad. It made me laugh. I figure with Juliette's powers now, clean up should be pretty easy. Just put on Mary Poppin's "Spoonful of Sugar," start waving her hand around and everything just goes back into place.

• Love 1

I also don't mind Juliette being so powerful - at least they show it. Unlike say, another show with a redhead *cough* Sleepy Hollow *cough* whose powers are talked about, but never shown.

Ha!  Yeah, I'm thinking Juliette could kick Katrina's ass even without hexenbiest powers.

I'm flip-flopping on whether I want Juliette to keep her powers. But I do want the Adalind v. Juliette storyline to END ALREADY.  Give Nick and Juliette a season or two of normalcy in their relationship and home-life!

• Love 4

Thoughts:

They got a lot of little stuff right, like the dialog ("home-made bomb"), so I am willing to forgive some of the big stuff, such as why the guy exploded. He wasn't generating heat, right? He was excreting phosphorous to burn in air. If he was coated with gunk, he should have been just, well, coated with gunk and phosphorous, but cool and non-explodey. 

I kept thinking that the arsonist looked like Robert Redford's skinny younger brother. (I mean, if he had one.) But what was with the tighty whiteys? That was just comical. It would have been less silly if they'd just done the cheesy tv thing of framing him from the waste up/always positioning something in front of his naughty bits. 

It bothered me that Adalind only reacted with surprise at Juliette's transformation after Juliette had been smacking her around for a minute or two. Though thank all that's holy that she finally told Nick and put an end to that stupid subplot. 

Rosalie answers the phone with "Spice Shop"? Just Spice Shop? Like "Hello, Dry Cleaner here." Is that the actual name of the place? 

Yep, the Grimm house got trashed again. They need to bring Xander in to shim the windows. 

ANOTHER frigging mid-season break? I swear, it's as if channels are trying to drive viewers away anymore. Have to leave postits to myself to remember where the damned story lines left off.

Edited by Ghost of TWOP Past
  • Love 2

I figure with Juliette's powers now, clean up should be pretty easy. Just put on Mary Poppin's "Spoonful of Sugar," start waving her hand around and everything just goes back into place.

Mary Poppins a hexenbiest?  That actually explains quite a lot (especially if you've read the book).

ANOTHER frigging mid-season break? I swear, it's as if channels are trying to drive viewers away anymore. Have to leave postits to myself to remember where the damned story lines left off.

Someone associated with the show--I this is was one of the writers--said that the original schedule, and what they had planned for, had a 2 week break, another episode or two, and then a 3 week break.  The network changed the schedule late in the game.

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 2

...He was excreting phosphorous to burn in air. If he was coated with gunk, he should have been just, well, coated with gunk and phosphorous, but cool and non-explodey....

It was so comical with the super soakers and the fourescent green paint that I didn't give it too much thought, but I'm guessing the areas that weren't covered with paint sucked in enough oxygen to cause some sort of reaction/explosion. Anyway, now we know where the spontaneous combustion of humans mythology came from.

...But what was with the tighty whiteys? That was just comical. It would have been less silly if they'd just done the cheesy tv thing of framing him from the waste up/always positioning something in front of his naughty bits....

They probably planned to show less, but then realized he had a lot of eye candy to share, so they did away with planters, garbage cans, and other screening objects.

But yeah, they might as well have just had him wearing extra large boy briefs with Incredible Hulk screen printed on them.

• Love 1

It bothered me that Adalind only reacted with surprise at Juliette's transformation after Juliette had been smacking her around for a minute or two. Though thank all that's holy that she finally told Nick and put an end to that stupid subplot.

Rosalie answers the phone with "Spice Shop"? Just Spice Shop? Like "Hello, Dry Cleaner here." Is that the actual name of the place?

I'm pretty sure "The Spice Shop" is the actual name of Rosalee's store.

Edit: No, the actual name is "The Exotic Spice and Tea Shop."  Figure most of Rosalee's customers are Wesen and Wesen are probably 90% of Portland's population at this point so everybody, including her, just cuts the name down to "Spice Shop."

Figure a good part of the fight was rage and instinct.  Both of these women kind of hate each other.  Towards the end Adalind came back to herself because she realized that if she didn't flee, Juliette was going to flat-out kill her.

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 1

I know many people are liking Juliette now that she is a hexenbiest (sp). Not me still don't like her character she can disappear wouldn't faze me a bit. I don't care if one day she turns into the Leprechaun friom Lucky Charms still couldn't give a rats ass about her.

Edited by Texasmom1970
  • Love 3

They probably planned to show less, but then realized he had a lot of eye candy to share, so they did away with planters, garbage cans, and other screening objects.

So, he had an extra-large matchstick?

But what was with the tighty whiteys?

Actually, those were either boxer-briefs or compression shorts.

I just realized they missed a great line for Juliette: instead of saying, "Bring it on, bitch!" she should have said, "Bring it on, hexenbitch!" to really bring the cheese.

• Love 3

...Actually, those were either boxer-briefs or compression shorts....

Still, if they don't already make Incredible Hulk-decorated spanx-style shorts for men to wear to the gym, someone ought to do it. Maybe they would be printed to look like jeans with bursting seams and green skin showing.
As it was Adalind wasn't prepared for the fight she had to fight.

Yeah, I think that was the key, rather than anything about Juliette just happening to be some kind of super-biest. Adalind went there expecting to find a very human Juliette and a very human Nick. Finally, she'd have the upper hand with them, so her guard was way down and she was overconfident. It wasn't even that she wasn't expecting Juliette to be a hexenbiest, she knew Juliette wasn't because she knew all about Juliette. And then very quickly she gets the one-two punch of learning that Nick is actually still (again) a Grimm and Juliette is now a hexenbiest. And Juliette was on her own turf. I think home turf and seriously furious with a lot of anger issues to work out is probably going to trump pissy and thrown completely for a loop.

Juliette's screwed if she needs a potion, and any rematch will probably be more equal because Adalind will know what she needs to do to prepare and Juliette might not unless she starts working really hard and really fast.

Juliette should probably have said something to Nick before she did the "show" version of "show and tell." Like maybe, "You know how they said there might be side effects? Well, they were right, and this is a big one, but on the up side, it's saved my life a few times so far," before giving him the scary face.

• Love 6
Juliette should probably have said something to Nick before she did the "show" version of "show and tell." Like maybe, "You know how they said there might be side effects? Well, they were right, and this is a big one, but on the up side, it's saved my life a few times so far," before giving him the scary face.

Then again, this is a woman who for some inexplicable reason is legitimately afraid her long time boyfriend and (almost?) fiance will kill her on sight if he sees she's become a hexenbiest.  This is what she fears from a man who proposed to her not so long ago, who was going to give up his Grimm powers permanently for her, who stood by her side for weeks while she was comatose and then slept on the couch in their house just to make her comfortable while she recovered from her amnesia, a man who has risked his life to save her, a man with innumerable first-hand experiences with magic and magic spells who has seen just about everything you can see and yet never really loses his coolt, a man who as a cop has been mostly exemplary and ethical, and a mate has been unambiguously caring and supportive the whole time she's known him.  This is the man she fears will kill her just because she has side effects from a potion they both agreed was risky for her to drink but worth trying, for his and their community's larger benefit?

Juliette is kind of being a real hexenbitch about this.

Then again, this is a woman who for some inexplicable reason is legitimately afraid her long time boyfriend and (almost?) fiance will kill her on sight if he sees she's become a hexenbiest.  This is what she fears from a man who proposed to her not so long ago, who was going to give up his Grimm powers permanently for her, who stood by her side for weeks while she was comatose and then slept on the couch in their house just to make her comfortable while she recovered from her amnesia, a man who has risked his life to save her, a man with innumerable first-hand experiences with magic and magic spells who has seen just about everything you can see and yet never really loses his coolt, a man who as a cop has been mostly exemplary and ethical, and a mate has been unambiguously caring and supportive the whole time she's known him.  This is the man she fears will kill her just because she has side effects from a potion they both agreed was risky for her to drink but worth trying, for his and their community's larger benefit?

Juliette is kind of being a real hexenbitch about this.

Nobody said this was a rational fear.  Perhaps Juliette has a heightened belief/sensitivity to her dreams.  Remember that after she dreamed about killing Rosalee that she was very, very careful to try to keep herself and Rosalee calm after that, even backing off very quickly from her own hexenbiest questions in the next episode.  Grimms and hexenbiests are usually blood enemies.  Maybe young hexenbiests receive a kind of ancestral phobia to help keep them safe.  Maybe Juliette was suffering a compulsion to avoid telling others (and to seek out friendly hexenbiests) in the same way she and Renard had a compulsive attraction to each other in season 2.

And then very quickly she gets the one-two punch of learning that Nick is actually still (again) a Grimm and Juliette is now a hexenbiest.

Well, we know that Adalind knows that Juliette is hexenbiest, but I don't think she knows that Nick is a Grimm again yet.  She wasn't familiar with the initial ritual to depower Nick (Viktor had to tell her) so she's probably not familiar with the repowering ritual either.  Right now all she knows is that Juliette is somehow a hexenbiest and a really dangerous one to boot.

Juliette's screwed if she needs a potion, and any rematch will probably be more equal because Adalind will know what she needs to do to prepare and Juliette might not unless she starts working really hard and really fast.

A rematch would be another groan-inducing cheese-o-rama which I hope we don't have to see.  Because if Adalind wins round two, there will have to be a tie-breaker.  Just no.

• Love 1

I was heartbroken when they started trashing all the beautiful wood in that old house.  I guess in the magic of television it will all be back to normal next episode.  Which isn't for five weeks?  What the heck?

Rebuilding takes time, after all......

• Love 3

After years of being bored by watching damsels in distress waiting for rescue I'm plain sick of it.  How refreshing that at least one originally pretty whimpy damsel has found her mojo.  If I were Juliette, I wouldn't give that up for anything.

Indeed. Plus I flashed back to a favorite line from a favorite character, equally mojo-equipped:

Get away from her, you *bitch!*

She too was equipped with some enhanced abilities when she needed them....

• Love 3
Aw, Renard's snake guy.  Why do you have to sell out?

Actually - if the show writers needed a line of new plots outside of the vein of crime solving, they could start explaining the relationship of the royals with their wesen helpers (including grimms, perhaps).

The Austrian royals have a lot of german shepherd-esque servants. Why do they keep doing risky tasks? Is it their instinctive loyalty because they are guard dogs, or they were being paid a lot?

Renard had the owl guy, the snake guy, the lion guy, plus members of the resistance who might not be wesen such as Meisner and Sebastian (it would be interesting to know what they are resisting and how they came to know wesen and royals, for these last two). How did he meet them and how did they agree to form an alliance with him? Also - is the willingness of grimms to work for royals a practical decision based on the monarchic system of government in europe before WW1, or what power did they use to have?

Edited by stacey
Fixing quote box
  • Love 2

Finally watched it online.   Lots of hilarious lines.   But gag, the fight scene was just bad.   When one of them went flying through the banister you could tell that banister was balsa wood.   Just bad all around.   Capped by Adalind running to her car and screaming.

I don't blame Monroe for still being pissed off.   The guy stuck a gun in his face.   THis isn't some old time feud that the two parties had no part in.   THey actually dealt with each other.   Rosalee should have been nicer about that.  

And ooo the promo.   We all knew not to trust the lady Juliette went to.

We actually don't know that the snake guy has sold out.  IIRC, Renard's last plan to deal with Viktor was "feed him information, lure him someplace isolated and then kill him in a plausibly deniable way."  Snake-guy could easily be a triple agent designed as a refinement to the above plan.

Adalind running to her car and screaming will never not be funny.

• Love 4
Why is Juliette so much more powerful than Adalind?  Well, she was lucky rolling her initial stats, plus she has a nifty trait that gives her a bonus to attack power, and another one that gives her a massive buff when she's standing in or near her kitchen.  Also Adalind is dual-specced in Hexes and Potions and Mindfuckery, but everyone knows that putting talent points in two specializations just weakens you overall, while Juliette put everything she had in Savagery, the damage dealing spec.

Indeed. and why do the male Hexen or warlocks such as Renard appear to have little power, or they are just aware of these RPG skills among their female friends, and so they cultivate friendships with them so they can ask them for a favor. Or.. I partly take that back. In the rare times that Renard has woged, it seems like he gains physical strength in a fight. A grimm is a character who appears to nearly always win in a physical fight with a wesen, although they can be injured and some pose more of a challenge. But male witches don't have the power of magic spells. 

Edited by stacey
Fixing quote box

For me it wasn't so much that Juliette had great power, that was previously established.  It was that she had great control, all of a sudden.  Last we saw she could barely levitate the pepper shaker and then when she did she whacked herself in the head.  Then the next day (or two?) she can stop the flying vase w/o looking at it, and select and throw a whole bunch of knives, plus the random ninja skills they both displayed, etc.  It's not a deal breaker, and considering how awful and unintentionally hilarious the whole fight was, it really was just an observation.  

Exactly. Surprise/no surprise had nothing to do with it. The point was that we never saw Juliette hone her skills. All we saw was that pepper shaker and how she blew up the car without even realizing it. "Did I do that?" (wide eyes, of course). At least if we'd had Renard giving her some (shirtless) lessons, it would have made sense.

We did see her practicing her Woge and Henrietta at least implied that doing that was closely tied to controlling her abilities..  It was only after she Woged at will that she was able to consciously use her TK to help defeat the Manticore.

• Love 1