Type keyword(s) to search

The All You Can Eat Buffet: My 600 Pound Life All Episode Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

Since next week's update was mentioned in last night's Live Chat as featuring James K, are we sure it's really him? Oh God I hope so. There was another James, a James B. The same episode is also featuring a follow-up on Cynthia. If it really is both of them, next week's Live Chat will be epic! I remember really disliking Cynthia and, of course, totally loathing James K.

BTW, TV Guide shows that TLC is giving us an early preview tomorrow (Friday, 6/15) of James' and Cynthia's follow-up episode beginning at 10:44 pm EST, but that it will also be shown next Wednesday as usual.

Here's the link to the TV Guide schedule page for M600PL:

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/my-600-lb-life/tv-listings/339637

I think I may have to pre-watch this one since I know that us Pounders will be flying fast and furious with comments during our Live Chat on Wednesday and I sometimes have a hard time trying to watch, post, and read everyone's comments at the same time, so watching it tomorrow may give me a leg up, lol!

Edited to add: Geez, I just had a thought about how much James K weighs now? He blew up from 685 pounds, which was achieved by being on a restricted diet in the hospital, to 843 pounds after being told by Dr. Now to go home and keep losing, gaining 158 pounds in three or four months which is incredibly over a pound a day gained. I'll say that he's got to be at least 950 pounds by now. Anyone else care to hazard a guess?

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Additional comments.
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Um do you have the appropriate amount of "likka" for this viewing? Believe me, you'll need it.

So I just finished. I’m speechless. I don’t even know where to start. Did they ever do an update on her? 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

So I just finished. I’m speechless. I don’t even know where to start. Did they ever do an update on her? 

Oh yes.  Not that there was any progress to speak of, she was still doing things “her own way”.  Apparently the yellow brick road hasn’t appeared in front of her.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Hi 3girlsforus. I don't think so. I did find this follow-up story on her "progress" posted by In Touch Weekly and she sounds just as awful and delusional as ever. Here's the link:

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/my-600-lb-life-penny-150412

Didn't your heart just break for her dear little boy Liam? He really loves her but I can only imagine the merciless teasing and bullying he's in for from his classmates as he gets older because his disgusting, waste of space, beast of a mother has been featured on TV and all over the internet. Selfish bitch actually believes that she's a great mom, far superior to all those moms who work outside of the home and don't have the "quality" time she has with Liam. Hate her.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Hi 3girlsforus. I don't think so. I did find this follow-up story on her "progress" posted by In Touch Weekly and she sounds just as awful and delusional as ever. Here's the link:

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/my-600-lb-life-penny-150412

Didn't your heart just break for her dear little boy Liam? He really loves her but I can only imagine the merciless teasing and bullying he's in for from his classmates as he gets older because his disgusting, waste of space, beast of a mother has been featured on TV and all over the internet. Selfish bitch actually believes that she's a great mom, far superior to all those moms who work outside of the home and don't have the "quality" time she has with Liam. Hate her.

That made me absolutely livid!! That woman is such a self-centered bitch in so many ways, but to sit there and claim she's a great mom and Liam is so lucky compared to kids with working moms?!??! That is just the height of hubris. I can guarantee Liam would rather have a mom who is willing to walk and go to a job than to have a mom who lays in bed all day, pees in a bed pan, and makes their food right there on that same bed all because she 'can't live without wontons'. He was really young in this episode so he might not have experienced it yet, but kids are cruel. I'm sure it wasn't long before kids in his school found out his mother is never around because she required the fire department to be able to leave her house. That poor little boy. 

• Love 6
(edited)

In her follow up episode she was so smug about having “kept her promise to take Liam trick-or-treating”.  What it really meant was Edgar pushing her wheelchair and oxygen tank along the street as she sent him up to the doors and shouted.  Apparently she gets out of bed and into a wheelchair every two weeks (or so she says).

Edited by ThereButFor
  • Love 3

I want to buy the physical therapist and nutritionist a drink and let them say what they really thought about working with her. They were both very diplomatic but you could tell they wanted to run screaming.

• Love 4

So I watched a show this AM, with a 6/14/18 original air date, that was an update on June & Dottie.  I think it was new, and more interesting that some of the other updates.

7 hours ago, 88Keys said:

What the heck?!  They're giving James K an update episode?!  Why?!  So we can see if the mattress really does make him look fat?

Or, it could be another new mattress.  But is it James K that's being updated, or another James.
I'd like to see Tracey updated, the woman who didn't need the bypass after she got her legs taken care of.  She'd only had part of her skin surgeries done, when her episode ended.

• Love 1

From the blurb on TV guide, I suspect we will be seeing an update on James "Ow, Mah Layg!" K.  TLC is now running short previews for upcoming episodes; these are basically the first 5-10 minutes of the show.  Since the latest "Where are they now?" types of episodes pick up from where the initial episode ended, we don't get a lot of information in the first few minutes.  With that said, we will know if the next episode features James K. or another of the Jameses. 

If it is our beloved James K., I will be picking up Chinese food on the way home and settling in with a big plate of chow mein (not a fried rice fan) with a little bitty egg roll on the side.  However, I will not follow this with half a pie for dessert.  Of course, after the show, when I go to bed, I will try to arrange myself so that the mattress doesn't make me look fat.  Then, with egg roll grease glistening my lips, I will request that my partner sleep on the floor in case I need anything in the night - the bathroom, more egg rolls, having someone wipe my butt.  I am a romantic! 

• Love 14
40 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

From the blurb on TV guide, I suspect we will be seeing an update on James "Ow, Mah Layg!" K.  TLC is now running short previews for upcoming episodes; these are basically the first 5-10 minutes of the show.  Since the latest "Where are they now?" types of episodes pick up from where the initial episode ended, we don't get a lot of information in the first few minutes.  With that said, we will know if the next episode features James K. or another of the Jameses. 

If it is our beloved James K., I will be picking up Chinese food on the way home and settling in with a big plate of chow mein (not a fried rice fan) with a little bitty egg roll on the side.  However, I will not follow this with half a pie for dessert.  Of course, after the show, when I go to bed, I will try to arrange myself so that the mattress doesn't make me look fat.  Then, with egg roll grease glistening my lips, I will request that my partner sleep on the floor in case I need anything in the night - the bathroom, more egg rolls, having someone wipe my butt.  I am a romantic! 

Thanks for the clarification PrincessPurrsALot. It was really confusing to me that the description of tomorrow's episode was exactly the same as for what will be aired next Wednesday. Please, oh please let it be James K.

Now, since you kinda asked for it by saying you're not getting any fried rice, repeat after me a la James K, "But it's FRIIIIIIIIIIED!"

• Love 2

Wanda posted in the Kirsten, Michael and Roni update episode thread that she thought that the James for next Wednesday's episode was James B. Since I am so hoping that it will be James K, I did a little internet research and found a TLC update interview with James B. Here's the link:

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/my-600-lb-life/features/james-update/

He seems to be doing very well, getting closer to his goal weight. His life right now doesn't seem to match the episode description for next week as it says that "James" has been re-admitted to Dr. Now's program while James B. was not re-admitted since he never stopped the program, or even kicked out like James K., but is still losing weight in preparation for his skin surgeries.

So it seems we will get our collective wish next week and once again get to hear and see good old "Ow, Mah Laygs!" one more time.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Yep, that's him auntjess. If you get a chance, check out the link I posted above to get the most recent report on his progress. I really liked him and his great attitude, like a kind, gentle giant type of guy.

Yes, this is the James I thought I saw in a preview. But they also showed juggalo Nicole and updating her takes the show into July. Would it really run that late with new episodes?

4 hours ago, Wanda said:

Yes, this is the James I thought I saw in a preview. But they also showed juggalo Nicole and updating her takes the show into July. Would it really run that late with new episodes?

Well Wanda tune into TLC at 10:44 pm tonight -- what an odd time -- since they will be showing a preview episode of next Wednesday's update show. That should answer all the questions us inquiring minds absolutely want to know, lol! The other person is the, um, very interesting and unforgettable Cynthia, sweet dear that she was *** insert sarcasm emoji ***

• Love 2
(edited)

I just want to say that the camera men for this series should be the highest paid camera people in all of TV. They don’t get the blurred out version. Plus they can smell everything. 

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 11

OK, I should have checked the link first.
Also, am I the only person who saw the update show on Dottie & June?  
It ran in the morning, on 6/14, with that as the original air date, and I don't recall ever seeing them updated before, but I don't see it on the schedule again.
June wants to do it her way again, but she's down to 230, doesn't really want to go lower, but will follow the diet to get all her skin surgeries.
She got some things added to her tat that's in her son's memory.
Dottie is still grieving the death of her son, with cerebral palsy, and not much better with paying attention to her other little boy, who doesn't really speak much.  Wonder why.

If this aired before, I never saw it.

• Love 3

I don't know where to put this, so I'm going to put it here.  It's something I've been thinking about for awhile.

I write a regular column for a journal aimed at managers in my field. One of my recent articles was about seniors and stereotype threat. I did a lot of background reading on biases against the elderly and learned that it was one of the earliest prejudices we develop - starting in children - and we often say really offensive things about older people that we wouldn't say about minorities or the disabled.

Anyway, I notice that here, and very much so on Reddit, people refer to Dr. Now as 'cute.'  I have to ask, "How is he cute?" Because he's older? Because his age makes him non-threatening? Cute, when applied to an older person, seems to diminish them in some way. It doesn't seem respectful. 

In getting background for the article, I learned that I am 'young-old.' Groovy. Now that I know that about myself, it's possible I'm a little sensitive about the age thing. : ) Y'all feel free to tell me so. I just wonder why we refer to an older person as 'cute.' Dr. Now is a caring humanitarian. He has skills and talents that few possess. He has saved many lives. He is the occasional badass - I'm just not sure that he is cute.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Well Wanda tune into TLC at 10:44 pm tonight -- what an odd time -- since they will be showing a preview episode of next Wednesday's update show. That should answer all the questions us inquiring minds absolutely want to know, lol! The other person is the, um, very interesting and unforgettable Cynthia, sweet dear that she was *** insert sarcasm emoji ***

Thanks for posting that info/time, I had no idea. I was just able to catch it.

• Love 1
On 6/14/2018 at 4:22 PM, DC Gal in VA said:

are we sure it's really him? Oh God I hope so.

???? 

That just made me laugh so hard! I hope it is too “Oh Ma Legs”

• Love 1
6 hours ago, auntjess said:

It ran in the morning, on 6/14, with that as the original air date, and I don't recall ever seeing them updated before, but I don't see it on the schedule.

I remember seeing it but can’t remember when.  

1 hour ago, Kaia40 said:

???? 

That just made me laugh so hard! I hope it is too “Oh Ma Legs”

Watching the preview now, it is Ow Mah Laygs once again.   Chinese food and cheesecake at the ready!!!

• Love 5

@aliya

As a person who is just under 5 feet tall and in her 70s, I am called "cute" a lot.  I think height has a lot to do with it.  I don't think I've ever heard of a tall person being referred to as cute on a regular basis.  JMO.

• Love 13
13 hours ago, auntjess said:

OK, I should have checked the link first.
It ran in the morning, on 6/14, with that as the original air date, and I don't recall ever seeing them updated before, but I don't see it on the schedule again.
June wants to do it her way again, but she's down to 230, doesn't really want to go lower, but will follow the diet to get all her skin surgeries.
She got some things added to her tat that's in her son's memory.
Dottie is still grieving the death of her son, with cerebral palsy, and not much better with paying attention to her other little boy, who doesn't really speak much.  Wonder why.

Dottie & June's "Where are they now?" episode was in season 5.  You can find the episode thread and live chat there.  TLC is a mess in the way they list their episodes. 

• Love 1

Hi fellow pounders!  My DVR has recorded little previews on Friday night, the last couple of weeks, that are about 15 min. or so.  It is the famous James King.  Doesn't he hold the all-time record for pages of posts on this site?  "Ow, ma laigggs," I can't wait for Wednesday's ep.

I would love to see Edgar and Lisa run off together, and leave James and Penny together.  

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I would love to see Edgar and Lisa run off together, and leave James and Penny together.  

I was thinking of moving Michael in with James K, and maybe Steven Assanti.

• Love 3

My prayers to sky Jebus have been answered! James K update is Wednesday, although like some of you, I was confused if it was "the" James or the other James who I found far less entertaining. 

I don't know if anyone watched the preview (I did because my DVR picked it up), but oh boy...he needs to change his catch phrase to, "ewwwww! mah legs!"

2 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

My prayers to sky Jebus have been answered! James K update is Wednesday, although like some of you, I was confused if it was "the" James or the other James who I found far less entertaining. 

I don't know if anyone watched the preview (I did because my DVR picked it up), but oh boy...he needs to change his catch phrase to, "ewwwww! mah legs!"

Oh you just know that I absolutely did Giant Misfit! Although I was pretty certain that it was going to be him last night, I experienced great snarky glee when he finally appeared on screen along with his trusty sidekick, Lisa, LOL.

There was not much new information during the preview - - there was a tiny bit, but I won't spoil it for those who didn't watch the preview and those participating in next Wednesday's Live Chat, but it should be no surprise that:

a. We got the joy of hearing James' signature line "Ow, Mah Laygs!" and

b. James is still "stressed."

Hee.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Although I was pretty certain that it was going to be him last night, I experienced great snarky glee when he finally appeared on screen along with his trusty sidekick, Lisa, LOL.

I almost fell out of my chair when Dr. Now asked James “Is Lisa still feeding you to death?”!

BWAHAHAHA!!!

• Love 10
4 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

There was not much new information during the preview - - there was a tiny bit, but I won't spoil it for those who didn't watch the preview and those participating in next Wednesday's Live Chat, but it should be no surprise that:

a. We got the joy of hearing James' signature line "Ow, Mah Laygs!" and

b. James is still "stressed."

Hee.

Well, as we know, James is stressed because, as always, he "has a lot going on."  He has to sleep and eat and poop all in the same bed.  Occasionally he needs to bellow.  His is quite a full life. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

as always, he "has a lot going on." 

In the preview, 

Spoiler

he says, while lying prone in bed, "I'm exercising four times a day. Mostly my arms so I can be strong enough to pull myself up...for when I'm ready to stand." When he's ready! Because he's a man who's too busy with a million other things occupying his time during his day that prevents him from pulling himself up from his bed to stand up. 

15 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Well, as we know, James is stressed because, as always, he "has a lot going on."  He has to sleep and eat and poop all in the same bed.  Occasionally he needs to bellow.  His is quite a full life. 

How does this even happen? They must have been participating members of society at some point. What makes them become people who believe that sitting around all day and never leaving your bed even to pee is ‘so busy’? They have to know regular people consider a busy day includes work and child care and house cleaning and meal preparation and commuting and .....

• Love 2
18 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

How does this even happen? They must have been participating members of society at some point. What makes them become people who believe that sitting around all day and never leaving your bed even to pee is ‘so busy’? They have to know regular people consider a busy day includes work and child care and house cleaning and meal preparation and commuting and .....

I remember Lisa saying that when she met and made 2 kids with James, that he was active and doing things like 4-wheeling.  Edgar said he & Penny met at a bar, IIRC.  So, apparently at some point in each relationship, Penny and James became bedbound.  I just can't fathom why they gave up their previous mobility and decided to revert to permanent infantile behavior.  Was Penny trying to compete with Liam?  Did James decide when he broke an ankle that he would never try to get up again?  

No idea.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

I remember Lisa saying that when she met and made 2 kids with James, that he was active and doing things like 4-wheeling.  Edgar said he & Penny met at a bar, IIRC.  So, apparently at some point in each relationship, Penny and James became bedbound.  I just can't fathom why they gave up their previous mobility and decided to revert to permanent infantile behavior.  Was Penny trying to compete with Liam?  Did James decide when he broke an ankle that he would never try to get up again?  

No idea.

To me it’s kind of a two fold confusion. I don’t understand how they give up and just never get out of bed. But even more than that I don’t understand all of the constant talk of being busy. So many of these people, bedbound or not, constantly talk about being busy.  Whitney from MBFFL says it constantly. Several people talk about how they can’t exercise every day (like the one doing water aerobics) because they are so busy. Most of these people don’t have jobs. Most of them who have children aren’t the primary caregiver. A good portion of them don’t even do their own grocery shopping or house cleaning etc. I did see one person recently doing laundry a few months after the surgery. But in general they aren’t doing much. At some point in their lives they had to understand what ‘busy’ really means. So have they so deluded themselves that they really believe they are busy or do they know their situation but claim to be busy to sound like they are doing something. 

• Love 5

I used to watch MBFFL, but Twit annoyed me enough that I stopped.

I guess busy is a relative term.  I'm retired, and I was busy all the years I worked and had a young daughter, but now?  Lots of free time, but I do my housework, yard work, shopping, fitness walk, etc., and I still don't claim to be "busy."  Compared to these sloths, though, I would be considered crazy busy!

Delusional, and then some, are many of these folks.  No way would I have the patience to put up with their constant whining.

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, Tosia said:

I think they're gamers online and/or hooked onto their computers for all entertainment.  Don't have to get out of bed for those. 

"I'm really busy trying to figure out how to beat this level on Candy Crush!!!!"

• Love 4
On 6/14/2018 at 7:11 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I'm thinking of downing the whole Halo Top container that I've been saving. 

Man, it's terrible how excited I'm getting. Y'all know this is gonna be a mess!

• Love 7
On 6/15/2018 at 9:11 PM, aliya said:

I don't know where to put this, so I'm going to put it here.  It's something I've been thinking about for awhile.

I write a regular column for a journal aimed at managers in my field. One of my recent articles was about seniors and stereotype threat. I did a lot of background reading on biases against the elderly and learned that it was one of the earliest prejudices we develop - starting in children - and we often say really offensive things about older people that we wouldn't say about minorities or the disabled.

Anyway, I notice that here, and very much so on Reddit, people refer to Dr. Now as 'cute.'  I have to ask, "How is he cute?" Because he's older? Because his age makes him non-threatening? Cute, when applied to an older person, seems to diminish them in some way. It doesn't seem respectful. 

In getting background for the article, I learned that I am 'young-old.' Groovy. Now that I know that about myself, it's possible I'm a little sensitive about the age thing. : ) Y'all feel free to tell me so. I just wonder why we refer to an older person as 'cute.' Dr. Now is a caring humanitarian. He has skills and talents that few possess. He has saved many lives. He is the occasional badass - I'm just not sure that he is cute.

As an old, I thank you for this post. Ageism, especially when benign, is downright insidious. 

• Love 3
On 6/16/2018 at 12:11 AM, aliya said:

Well, as an "old," I have no problem with the term "cute" (not that anyone would ever call me that.) 

I think Dr. Now is "cute" because he has a merry smile and a twinkle in his eye. 

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Tosia said:

I think they're gamers online and/or hooked onto their computers for all entertainment.  Don't have to get out of bed for those. 

I agree that it's probably the wonderful world of virtual reality.  Not just online games, but maybe also social media, where they can live out entire imaginary lives where they are super successful, beautiful, slim, strong, rich etc. because no one can actually see them. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Colleenna said:

Well, as an "old," I have no problem with the term "cute" (not that anyone would ever call me that.) 

I think Dr. Now is "cute" because he has a merry smile and a twinkle in his eye. 

I will agree that when he has a humorous moment, he does have a twinkle in his eye. 

• Love 5

I'm old, and get called dear and honey a lot these days at the grocery store.  I try not to take offense, since I know some people call customers hon and sweetie in general. 

I wish I still got an Eastern Time Zone feed for TLC.  My cable did away with that some years ago, and I was pissed.

Anyway, I'll join up with the pounders here at 5 pm PST, and read some of the sure-to-be juicy comments about the infamous James K.  I don't mind spoilers as a rule.  I'll DVR the ep like I usually do, and watch in the am.  

• Love 4