Type keyword(s) to search

The All You Can Eat Buffet: My 600 Pound Life All Episode Discussion

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I came across this video which I think is relevant to the show. The title can be misleading but it’s quite respectful and educational. 

Thinking of poor LB and his parents having to bury him, but death plans for the super morbidly obese are more complicated and expensive than for average sized persons  

Thanks for posting this. I found it very educational. I do wonder what LB's weight was when he died. I don't think he was still super morbidly obese. 

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Thanks for posting this. I found it very educational. I do wonder what LB's weight was when he died. I don't think he was still super morbidly obese. 

Oh thank you. He was still very tall though- 6’6?

5 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I came across this video which I think is relevant to the show. The title can be misleading but it’s quite respectful and educational. 

Thinking of poor LB and his parents having to bury him, but death plans for the super morbidly obese are more complicated and expensive than for average sized persons  

Thanks for posting. I followed her for a bit earlier this year (I think I must have been a mortician in a past life. I find this to be interesting and it doesn't bother me at all.).

• Love 3

I wonder if this was the last season, since suddenly they pulled the last two update shows, and are doing reruns all of the time now?      I wonder if two deaths this season (Robert and LB James) were simply the last straw.      I bet that's why the season was so long, and seemed to be a wrap up. 

• Love 1
On 8/1/2018 at 9:36 PM, AZChristian said:

We're on vacation in Salt Lake City. I saw something on the menu that I'd heard of, but never tried . . . Funeral Potatoes. Loved them!

We had them in at funerals at the church I grew up in, and called them that, though they had a different name in the church cookbook.
It's an easy recipe that you can get several people to make, so you have plenty.

• Love 1
On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:56 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I wonder if this was the last season, since suddenly they pulled the last two update shows, and are doing reruns all of the time now?      I wonder if two deaths this season (Robert and LB James) were simply the last straw.      I bet that's why the season was so long, and seemed to be a wrap up. 

When does the new season usually start?  This was my first year watching this show, I started sometime in February or March... 

13 hours ago, Hellga said:

When does the new season usually start?  This was my first year watching this show, I started sometime in February or March... 

Usually right after New Year's, when we're all feeling bloated, gluttonous, and regretful after the holidays. It meshes nicely with those New Year's resolutions. 

• Love 4

Can y'all imagine the s*** show next seasons "where are they now" is going to be?! With the people this past season...Liz, Lisa, Renee, and let's not forget Schenee and her "come to Jesus" discussion with Dr. Now. I can't wait! 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, JunkFoodTV said:

Can y'all imagine the s*** show next seasons "where are they now" is going to be?! With the people this past season...Liz, Lisa, Renee, and let's not forget Schenee and her "come to Jesus" discussion with Dr. Now. I can't wait! 

I want to see the 3 Perrios, and the new doctor.  Especially the new doctor, because I want to be sure there's someone waiting when Dr. Now retires.
I worry if there'll be a next season.

• Love 2

I hope there are several doctors that take the practice over for Dr. Now when he finally retires.      I worry about the long hours he works, and the many times the surgeries take multiple hours, like the skin removals that have hundreds of vessels to seal off safely.       I think there will have to be at least two doctors to make the work load easier.     

I would love to see a where are they now on the family they featured (the Perrios?), and I bet the brother is fine, and maybe the one sister, but the other one seemed so out of touch with reality, and her shrieking reminded me a lot of Lisa's screaming.    The other family by the ton show would be interesting to have a follow up on also.    

• Love 4

I'm sure that once someone quits Dr. Now's program, that the producers have a hard time getting enough show pieced together.   I think that's why Robert's show omitted so many things about him (according to his girlfriend's pal who posted about him), so the girlfriend and family would still allow filming, and the girlfriend would do the narration. 

I think Sean won't live more than a year or two, and I bet he's over 1,000 lbs. when his body gives out.

Katrina is not going to be a success, she won't even get out of that damned wheelchair.  She's afraid that if she lost enough weight, then her father would expect her to get a job, and move, and she's never going to do that.    She couldn't pay her own pizza bills unless she got a CEO job.    

Some of the first season ones amaze me that they're still alive.  

In my opinion, Schenee, and Lupe are in terrible shape, and their denial and weight gains are worst than staying the same weight for their systems I bet.

My guess is one of these days James K will stop getting brought back from the brink of death, But Schenee or Lupe, or one of the ones who quit "to do it their own way" will be right there with them.     Then there was the lady from Oklahoma with the five kids (some her cousins kids) is high on the list.     

The one who quit from there in Texas, that had the producer come by to talk to her at her apartment was never in good shape.  The one who was married, husband took off, and she had an old boyfriend move in very shortly after.   I think her mother was the one who died from her weight's affect, and the only picture they showed had blurred out sections, so I imagine she was doing feeder fetish stuff. 

Doug from Wichita Falls worries me, because he goes to extremes, and seems to go from one addiction to another.    His wife did so well with her weight loss, but he was yo-yoing so much. 

Bettie Jo (the one who claimed to have cancer, I hope I got that name right) will never keep a pound off. 

Ashley R.  ( I hope I got that name right too) who moved back to her family in California, and promptly gained over 100 lbs. is another one who will never keep weight off, and will keep making excuses while she eats everything in sight, and then she'll end up having her diaper changed.      

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
On 8/26/2018 at 8:42 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Ashley R.  ( I hope I got that name right too) who moved back to her family in California, and promptly gained over 100 lbs. is another one who will never keep weight off, and will keep making excuses while she eats everything in sight, and then she'll end up having her diaper changed.    

Is this the one with the resentful sister?  Can't keep all of them straight.
I watched the Sarah rerun last night, (she's "tater tot  casserole") and would like to see a follow up on her.

• Love 2

Not exactly, but they all blur together for me too.   

Karina is the one that lives in Texas, and her sister hates her guts, because Karina deliberately gained weight to get attention when her mother worked to jobs to pay bills.   And she's the one that lived in her parent's living room, claimed to have broken her leg and it still bothered her, and wouldn't get out of the wheelchair even after she lost some weight, and Dr. Now's x-rays showed nothing was wrong with her leg.    She ordered Domino's pizza for herself, and in spite of a stomach balloon (done in Mexico) ate two medium pepperoni and sausage pizzas, a full order of wings, and a giant box of brownie desserts.   

Ashley R. lost a lot of weight, then she and her quiet little husband decided to move back to California, and she went from 400 back to 500 very quickly.  She was tall, so the 400 pounds looked smaller, and she was very mobile.    Ashley was also very mobile, drove the car (her husband didn't drive), and moved very well.     

Both of them had longer brown hair, and looked very similar, but Karina was shorter.      

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

She ordered Domino's pizza for herself, and in spite of a stomach balloon (done in Mexico) ate two medium pepperoni and sausage pizzas, a full order of wings, and a giant box of brownie desserts.   

I remember that scene.  Wasn't it all done while the rest of the family was out to dinner?

• Love 3

Yes, the Karina diet special was while the family was out to dinner, and I suspect were actually gone longer.    I also remember that someone on here figured out that the meal added up to over 11,000 calories too.    It amazed me that anyone could eat that much, and then found out that her stomach was filled by that balloon at the time too.       I think Karina will keep doing anything to get attention from everyone else in the family, and she only lost weight because it made her the center of attention, and if she stops getting attention, will regain it again to be hovered around again.       

Her pathetic need for her parents attention was horrible, and her attempts to keep the focus on her was so selfish.   

I bet when her father was in the Army that the family never moved with him, but he took unaccompanied tours and left the family in that town, so the wife and children weren't uprooted.     From what people said on here, apparently Karina and another kid (I guess not the sister on TV) both had health issues, the medical bills accumulated, so the dad joined the Army.   The mother worked two jobs, and I'm guessing grandparents or other family watched the kids for her, so she could help pay off the medical bills.       Karina's father was delusional if he thinks she'll ever move out of his house, or get a job.     She's never going to get out of the wheel chair either, because that would mean everyone wouldn't cater to her.         

Since she defeated the stomach balloon, I'm betting she's already stretched out her stomach.      I hope that some dental school or someone else will do something about her teeth too, they were horrible.      Military benefits didn't include dental care for family or spouse, except in geographically isolated areas, years ago, and apparently Karina never did anything about her teeth as an adult.     I bet she would need full dentures by now.      She better start worrying about infections spreading from those teeth too.      

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

It amazed me that anyone could eat that much, and then found out that her stomach was filled by that balloon at the time too.   

Yes, it really doesn't seem physically possible.

Karina had at least a year to stretch her stomach out, and I bet she put on a bunch of weight after the balloon was in place.    I'm also questioning if the balloon procedure in Mexico was only a year before, since she lied about everything else.  

• Love 1

Which episode is in the beginning of the shows, where the man is leaving Dr. Now's office, the woman is holding his shirt to stop him, and Dr. Now is says "this is unacceptable?"
It looks rewatchable.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, auntjess said:

Which episode is in the beginning of the shows, where the man is leaving Dr. Now's office, the woman is holding his shirt to stop him, and Dr. Now is says "this is unacceptable?"
It looks rewatchable.  Thanks!

I think that was Lee and Rena.

• Love 3

Erica's original episode is running tonight, 11/11 on Discovery Life, from 7-9 p.m. Central time.     The part where she wants her brother to park his boat, and move his family to Houston for a year still stuns me.      In my book, supporting a family comes first, not everyone moving to Houston with a sister who has probably claimed to want to lose weight over and over, and has done nothing to help herself.     

She's another one who could take Dr. Now's diet, and start losing before she sees him.   If more poundticipants did this, and lost a lot of weight before they saw him, they might get surgery after going to Houston, instead of taking months to try to qualify for surgery.   

My understanding is that going on the show gets you into his program, instead of waiting years to get into his program with the usual patient list.    I wonder how many of the poundticipants have already flunked out of other, geographically closer programs?     And I wonder if someday an insider from the production company will say how many apply for the show, and are turned down?     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

I just saw a notice about Steven John Assanti  for a new Youtube showing a man who is not only normal weight, but has an enviable six pack!     

Apparently it's all phony, with some person who posts as Vegetable Police.   The part that was funny was all of the pounds of excess skin and lipidema (or whatever it is) disappeared with no scars, so it's a total phony.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Anyone know when we're going to be getting new episodes? 

They usually start mid-January though I'm getting a little concerned that there's been no season preview released yet. Looking back in this thread, the season preview was released around December 13th of last year so hopefully we'll be getting a taste of what's to come soon!

12 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

They usually start mid-January though I'm getting a little concerned that there's been no season preview released yet. Looking back in this thread, the season preview was released around December 13th of last year so hopefully we'll be getting a taste of what's to come soon!

I checked the IMDB page, and there's nothing about a 2019 season. There's also nothing online, either. 

I'm officially worried.

Of course it's one of TLC's biggest money makers. It's HUGE! And, they've expanded it so that it lasts for like, eight months out of the year with all of the updates and whatnot.

Seems very strange that they would just cancel it? Surely they must be filming these guys?

We need new stories! We need updates! 

Like, what about the woman whose stomach hung down like an apron all the way down to the floor? She was just getting ready to get that thing removed when her 12 months was up! We need to know that she can now walk around her house without tripping over her stomach. We need to see her as a new woman, standing before us with proper balance. We need that kind of denouement! 

Speaking for myself, anyway.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 4
On 11/2/2018 at 10:42 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

It was Lee and Rena.    Lee is the one who said he didn't abuse Rena, because he didn't hit her everyday.     I can't believe she apparently is still with him. 

That guy was horrible! They literally had to plan her surgery around his ugly temper. They couldn't trust her alone with him when she was weak and vulnerable because they knew he was volatile and too much of a bully. 

But she refused to leave him.

What on earth must she be telling herself to make it okay to stay with him?

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Seems very strange that they would just cancel it? Surely they must be filming these guys?

They are. They posted the casting notice for next season already on their FB page (I checked the other day!). So, it's just another case of TLC being TLC, meaning: they suck. 

42 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Last I heard, Lee and Rena are not only still together, but engaged.

Of course they are.

giphy.gif

I saw a couple of reports (might have been on starcasm . net, not exactly a great source) that they're at least filming update shows for 2019.  

Last season they were supposed to show two updates that never aired at the end of the season, one was Charity/Charlie (her daughter), and from reports I read Charity moved and quit filming, and there was another one announced that I bet the same thing happened with (Sean and Dottie update part 2).    My guess is the producers tell TLC what shows they're working on, they get scheduled, and then at least two participants either quit the program, or stopped filming.      I read  that the update episode with Sean and Dottie that ended suddenly, was announced for a second part of the episode, and it never aired, so I'm guessing Sean either stopped cooperating, or quit, and Dottie said she wouldn't have more skin surgeries, so there was nothing to film after she left the program too.    I've often wondered how many start filming and for whatever reason don't get finished. 

• Love 1
On 12/6/2018 at 8:49 PM, MutualCore said:

Don't worry folks, there are more than enough 600lbers in the USA to support making this show until Dr. Now is done.

I worry more about Dr. Now, as he's pretty old, and might like to retire.
I hope they do some shows with the new doctor, who worked with the 3 siblings, and let him take over the show when Dr. Now is through.

• Love 3

I bet to support the office practice, hospital visits, and surgery, it will take two or probably three doctors.     I'm hoping the doctor we saw on the family edition is actually a partner, and there need to be two or three more in training to take the load off of Dr. Now.  

I think the show would work very well with Dr. Now as the narrator, and hospital visits during the day, and other doctors doing the surgery, office visits, etc. and with him doing the patient on-camera meetings, but others doing the super long hours instead of him.   The number of patients, and the number of  hours required for office hours, screening new patients, surgery, hospital visits, and follow up is way too much for one person.      

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

Just saw a commercial while watching Family by the Ton: new season of My 600 lb Life starts January 2nd! The preview was very brief...seems like a lot of ambulance rides this year. 

ETA: 

I went looking on YT to see if TLC uploaded the preview I saw last night. They have not. On the bright side, YT  "recommended" this video which is a bunch of clips from the show—accompanied by tuba music. Clearly, YT knows I'm on the path to hell anyway because I laughed rather heartily at some these:

3 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

YES! Already in the first 5 seconds you hear "I'm so scared"! Then a 5 gallon tub of ice cream and a cheese dog being in haled, doctor Now reading the riot act, someone falling out of a car...and a few OOOWWWWWWW and a lot of crying. I can;t wait!

This show is my guilty pleasure. It was fast, but I think I saw Lola fly by with Flashdance hair. 

• Love 9

I saw the preview, and was disappointed to see the second season of Family By the Ton is another family.    I know I saw something saying the original family of cousins would be on a season 2, so maybe there are two families this year?   I hope so.      The preview certainly was full of good snark possibilities, with the fall out of the car, and Dr. Now leaning into one of the big taxi minivans.   

• Love 3
On 2018-12-11 at 6:04 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Last I heard, Lee and Rena are not only still together, but engaged.       His excuse of "I'm not abusive, I don't hit her every day" is pathetic, and I wouldn't be surprised to read something horrible happened to her.   

When I first saw that episode I thought they were two women. My first reaction was, that's cool that the show is being super inclusive. Then...I saw the episode. The one with the baseball hat and the rat's tail was a guy. Whoops.

• Love 2

Can't wait! I saw the trailer for season 7 and it's going to be EPIC! Dr. Now has seen the worst of the worst so far with the likes of Penny, James K, Steven Assanti, Schenee and Lisa! He's ready for all the reggrolls and excuses. THE SCALE DON'T LIE.

• Love 7

As long as people continue to wait until they get to Houston to start the diet, and as long as everyone thinks the surgery is a magic bullet, then it will always be the occasional success story like Diana, and mostly sad delusional people who either never get surgery, or lose enough to get surgery, and then cheat after.     

I'm hoping there are more updates like Diana this year.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 1:05 PM, Miracle Maxie said:

"20 new journeys that you've never seen before"... and as many updates as we can get cooperative poundticipants so that we can fill six months of Wednesday nights! 

YAY!!!  Best Christmas gift this year!

• Love 6