Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E12: Beauties In The Fast Lane

• Start Topic

A return to Atlanta finds NeNe reflecting on the drama in Puerto Rico. Elsewhere, Cynthia reaches a conclusion about her friendship with NeNe; Kandi and Todd visit a doctor; Phaedra confronts a reality about Apollo; and old acquaintances are reunited on a road trip to Charlotte.

Cynthia's pink hair in the TH this episode? Now THAT was a look. THAT is how you do pastel pink hair. Nene may not like her, but she needs to learn a thing or two.

In fact, the whole outfit was a look -- the sleek bob, the pink ombre, the raisin colored lipstick, and even the bright red top. None of it should have gone together, yet it did. Bless.

Kenya was too messy this episode with the whole "Mrs. Stewart" mess. Claudia was no better by feeding into it, and Kordell was just plain thirsting so he was a lost cause. Everything about that interaction was gross. 

Apollo needs to just stop with the victimization of his character -- just stop. You are the reason why you're going to jail for 8 years. You are the reason Aiden and Mr. President will have to see you in jail during their formative years. All of this is your fault. I'd respect him more if he just owned up and been like, "As a result of my selfish actions, I am where I am today." 

There was barely any Nene in this episode, and my ears were quite pleased. 

Edited by cyberfruit
  • Love 14

I don't know....and please don't hate me.....but I was laughing out loud at the ladies road trip. That is exactly how my friends and I are when we go someplace that requires that much driving. We act crazy and have stories to tell when we get home.

How much is Chick-Fil-A paying to be the food of choice for the housewives?

• Love 12

Oh my God!  Could Kenya be any more of an annoying, classless idiot?!  I don't see how Cynthia and Claudia could stand being on a road trip with her.  Oh, I forgot.  They're annoying, classless idiots themselves.  I can't believe Kenya bared her fake buns and mooned people on that trip.  The horror the other drivers faced.  And then to try to fix Claudia up with Kordell.  It just seals it for me that she is really jealous of Porsha.  Otherwise, why keep trying to start up with her?   And Cynthia, you'd really better watch your back.  Peter couldn't say enough times how cute Claudia is.  Too bad for him, Claudia doesn't like dark skinned men.  At least, her supposed "comedy routine" suggests that they make good monkeys and orangutans.

• Love 12

I was totally bored with this episode.

Does Cynthia have a bald spot on the top of her head?  Why does she always wear those silly hats?  She looked a lot better with her darker hair.  That blonde mess on top of her head looks awful.

I realized why I can't stand Cynthia, Kenya and Claudia.  To me they are the mean girls.  The cheerleader types, the ones who, because of an accident of birth, something they had zero control of, hit the genetic lottery.  They are lucky, they are beautiful women, but to me, they are all soulless, nasty, classless  thirsty people who think their shit doesn't stink.  

They talk about Nene, well, Nene didn't hit the genetic lottery, she didn't have a lot of opportunities in life, she's not educated,  she was a stripper.  Cynthia was an international model and you tell me that Peter is the best she can do?  Claudia was also a model, and the best she can do is  Real Housewives?  And Kenya, damn, she was Miss USA.  Beauty Queens, especially winners, can usually parlay that success into some other success; Diana Sawyer was a Junior Miss, Bess Meyerson was in politics, others have become actresses, or newscasters, some have married men of means.

And; yet, with all of this privilege, the best these three women can do is Real Housewives of Atlanta, and they think they're saying something, making fun of someone like Nene, who didn't start life in the best place, and, I hate to say it, did pretty well for herself.  

I wonder what would happen to these three "beauties" if they went through menopause, gained fifty pounds each and couldn't take it off.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 20

Kandi involving the girls in her ovulation chart was.....weird......to me. Riley needs to be taken down a peg or two. Kandi, if you have another baby and spoil it like you have that girl, you better get ready. Riley needs to get out and meet people, exercise, have some fun. It sounds like she's spending too much time in front of her large TVs, or computer, phone or whatever device teens are into now.

I guess Kandi can wipe the smirky looks off her face now that it's not Todd's swimmers that are the problem.

• Love 17

Dear Cynthia,

You fucking tool.

Nene made it clear she did not want to be friends with you when you all had dinner 2 weeks ago and she FLAT OUT TOLD YOU TO YOUR FACE that she was not ready to be friends again.  It didn't happen in Jamaica.  It didn't happen at Kandi's party.  She wasn't cryptic about it.  She didn't beat around the bush.  She was clear and honest and you still don't get it.

So, apparently you need a fucking neon sign to understand it. 

Signed,

CaughtOnTape

And furthermore, maybe you should have gotten more detailed in your stupid ass friend contract and given her instructions on how she should act when she feels a certain emotion since the real reason you're still pissed off and won't let it go is because she didn't react the way YOU thought she should have. 

I feel sorry for you, Noelle.  The first time you have an emotion your mother didn't approve of, you're gonna end up having to sign some damn contract about it.

God, I hate that bitch.

• Love 10

Kandi is clearly a Michelle Duggar fan. Having the kids chart your cycle is weird and gross on 19 Kids and Counting and its gross here. Why would Riley and Kaela need to know when it's the optimum time for Todd and Kandi to get busy?

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 12

Kandi involving the girls in her ovulation chart was.....weird......to me. Riley needs to be taken down a peg or two. Kandi, if you have another baby and spoil it like you have that girl, you better get ready. Riley needs to get out and meet people, exercise, have some fun. It sounds like she's spending too much time in front of her large TVs, or computer, phone or whatever device teens are into now.

I guess Kandi can wipe the smirky looks off her face now that it's not Todd's swimmers that are the problem.

I wasn't really paying attention during this segment, but did Kandi tell Todd's daughter to ride with her in the truck so Riley could ride with Todd in the new car?  Really Kandi?!  What you should have done was let Todd's daughter ride in the car with HER DAD!, and you and Riley run your fat asses behind them all the way home.  To quote CaughtOnTape, "God I hate that bitch!"

• Love 13

I'm amazed the ratings are holding steady. This show is dead.

Kenya is insufferable. Is this her real personality? If so, it explains a lot.

The Kordell foolishness is too dumb to comment on.

Zzzzzz.

Eta: just checked and I'm wrong about the ratings. Will take to the small talk thread

Edited by ridethemaverick
  • Love 4

^^ I don't really see an issue with that? Kandi clearly wants Riley to bond with Todd and Kaela to bond with her, so why not have the girls ride with the opposite parent?

The way Kandi said it, I took it another way.  It sounded to me like Princess Riley rides in the new hip ride while Kaela gets relegated to the truck.  I could be wrong, but with Kandi you can't be sure.  She puts Riley on such a pedestal.  You can tell the way that spoiled brat behaves.  Kaela said she's tried reaching out to Riley but Riley can't be bothered.  Unless it's a case where she's getting something expensive out of it, she doesn't want to have anything to do with it.  Her attitude sucks.  She's a chip off the old Joyce!  Blech!

The fact that Cynthia had that Friend contract filed away for real makes me very embarrassed for her.  You Big Dummy!!!  Do you realize how much of a brainless twit that makes you?  You said it was a joke, yet you filed it away in a place where your sister went right to it.  Did you have it notarized too?  smdh

Edited by swankie
  • Love 7

I couldn't help but notice how Riley started to behave different after she realized Kaele would soon be driving.

Sports One looked like a remodeled Burger King.

I found if odd that Cynthia kept that silly contract, not to mention in tbe same place as her important stuff.

Just how much did they get from Chick-Fil-A? Did they eat it while driving or parked in the lot, and if the latter, why not go inside? Kenya and Claudia's behavior with Kordel was shady.

• Love 6

I don't know....and please don't hate me.....but I was laughing out loud at the ladies road trip. That is exactly how my friends and I are when we go someplace that requires that much driving. We act crazy and have stories to tell when we get home.

How much is Chick-Fil-A paying to be the food of choice for the housewives?

I thought the same thing.  I don't know what it is about road trips that make grown people act like teenagers, but it is what it is.

Claudia reminds me of that episode of Seinfeld where Jerry is dating the women that looks beautiful or ugly depending on the light.  Claudia is not ugly, but her best face was not shown this episode.  Maybe this is the reason why Cynthia thinks Claudia needs help.

I love Cynthia's house.  I think its the only house that seems real to me.  Everyone else seems to be living in temporary spaces.

I had a tiny bit of sympathy for Apollo when he was talking to Ayden.  He owned up to doing things that will take him away from his sons.  I hope he gains perspective and wisdom in jail.

Sports One was busy.  I wonder what it looks like when the cast and crew from RHOA is not there.  If Peter is really running things there, I give it three months before it closes.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 3

I totally understood when Kenya said "I feel so good right now" when she had her Chick-Fil-A. I know that feeling. Sigh..... A few times I've had to eat in my car because the restaurant was full. Standing room only and no tables available. It's that good.

I think the whole Kenya/Claudia/Kordell stuff was for the cameras and the show. If there was a hot romance brewing between those two, I think we'd have heard of it by now.

• Love 3

Not necessarily about this forum, but I don't think we can say "We need to go back to them just having good times and having fun & stop all the fighting" but when there's a light episode of them having fun, complain that it's boring.

I didn't see anything wrong with the road trip or Kenya's silliness. It was a fun girls' road trip! I laughed when Kenya hung up on Phaedra. A "new girl, can't come" would've sufficed. Mooning? No big deal. How boring would it have been if they had on easy listening, everyone reading a magazine and just being quiet?

Riley is Joyce Jr. And she looks 22 with all that weave. And 18 year olds and Tweens shouldn't be hanging out.

Kordell/Claudia/Kenya was just the Mutual Porsha Messiness society. If Kordell & Claudia actually dated it would only be to piss Porsha off . Kordell wants a submissive woman and that's definitely not Claudia.

• Love 8

I think the whole Kenya/Claudia/Kordell stuff was for the cameras and the show. If there was a hot romance brewing between those two, I think we'd have heard of it by now.

I thought Kordell was dating Towanda Braxton.  At any rate, Porsha would not let an eligible bachelor out of her grasp just because he was once married to Kenya or Claudia so I don't see an issue.

• Love 8

I may be in the minority but I thought it was a good episode. I really didn't mind Claudia and Kordell she's not friends with Porsha so who cares.

I didn't care about Claudia/Kordell, it was the cackling from Kenya that was ignorant. And funny how Peter and Kordell are so cozy, $$$$$$$ in Peter's pocket!  LOL

Dear Cynthia,

You fucking tool.

Nene made it clear she did not want to be friends with you when you all had dinner 2 weeks ago and she FLAT OUT TOLD YOU TO YOUR FACE that she was not ready to be friends again.  It didn't happen in Jamaica.  It didn't happen at Kandi's party.  She wasn't cryptic about it.  She didn't beat around the bush.  She was clear and honest and you still don't get it.

So, apparently you need a fucking neon sign to understand it. 

Signed,

CaughtOnTape

And furthermore, maybe you should have gotten more detailed in your stupid ass friend contract and given her instructions on how she should act when she feels a certain emotion since the real reason you're still pissed off and won't let it go is because she didn't react the way YOU thought she should have. 

I feel sorry for you, Noelle.  The first time you have an emotion your mother didn't approve of, you're gonna end up having to sign some damn contract about it.

God, I hate that bitch.

She can not stop talking about Nene and their former friendship! She smells desperate IMO.

• Love 3

Riley is Joyce Jr. And she looks 22 with all that weave.

I was so surprised when she said she was 11! I would have sworn Kaela was the younger girl and Riley the older one.

I also felt bad for Cynthia. A grown woman and a "friendship contract." I bet Nene laughed her a$$ off when she saw this episode.

Edited by nb360
  • Love 7

And when Dylan looked up at Apollo and was all, "Da da da da".  My heart melted! 

Ditto, Swankie. I was feeling sentimental when Ayden was telling him he would stay with him wherever he went. ++++Allergies are starting to kick in. Sniff, Sniff.++++

• Love 13

I was so surprised when she said she was 11! I would have sworn Kaela was the younger girl and Riley the older one.

I had the same thought. If I didn't know any better, I'd think that Kaela was in junior high and Riley was the recent high school grad.  I used to like Riley, but now, as the old folks say, she's too fresh. Too much time spend with Joyce, obviously. Then again, I'm not so sure I can lay this solely on Joyce. It's a combination of being spoiled and having Joyce as a grandmother.

I continue to be astonished at how beautiful Cynthia looked during past seasons. I hope when she watches these episodes, she gets a clue. Go back to the darker hair and take out that limp blond weave.  She has to chill with the fedoras, too.

The friendship contract, tho? That was some real deal secondhand embarrassment. I wasn't quick to side eye the friendship contract when it was first introduced since clearly it was a joke, or so I thought. But, to have that shit squared away with your important documents? Like it was just chilling on top of her tax returns and insurance papers. I officially cannot with you, Cynthia.

I don't know how these women made it through life being late all the damn time.

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 5

I'm going to assume the friend contract burning was just a storyline joke. Nene's signature was different from the paper they showed in the clip. I thought it was strange the Nene's was the only signature on a document that Cynthia was presenting her, but maybe that's just Bravo shuffling scenes out of order.

I think I would shoot myself rather than endure a long car ride with Kenya.

Derek, steal Cynthia's weave and burn her hats while you're at it. 

Edited by Iguessnot
  • Love 2

Listening to Nene crow about being educated with snorfling servile Gregg in the car...their relationship shkeeves me out. 

I think Cynthia looks beautiful in her TH with the shorter blonde ombre bob and the red dress.  I don't care about her slamming Nene.  Nene dragged her name around last year for no real reason.  If someone's a slow burn in lashing back at an abusive, aggro jackass, so be it.

Riley has such a nasty-assed, arrogant attitude.  Poor, poor Kaela.  I kind of love Todd: '[singing terribly] I was supposed to be in Jodeci, you didn't even know!'  We all know he's earning that car big-time. 

Apollo could have had it all, even if 'all' includes Phaedra and her being at least somewhat shady in her dealings across the board (JMO).  It's really sad to see the reality sink in even though he earned it and hurt so many people who deserved none of that, let alone his beautiful sons.

Peter can be nice but it's so off-putting that his initial setting is always locked on Defensive Jackass.  My say something nice - he is a spot-on dresser.  He has fantastic taste in clothes and putting together a classic but not boring look for himself.  Maybe if he'd ever tried to franchise styling services through a department store that would have made him a mint.  He and Cynthia really do make a gorgeous couple.

I haven't read Claudia's thread but I can't help but find her funny.  She's quick.  Almost no HW on any show is quick.  She cracked me up THing about getting styled: "Am I embarrassing to the crew?  I would hope not."  She looked slamming in that black dress.

• Love 8

Contract was clearly fake. Not only was it clearly a photo copy, the document she burned didn't have a line for the date whereas the original document did.

Why did Dr. Jackie have an option of a test tube for semen collection? That was silly.

I wish Kandi would acquaint herself with a nice pair of slacks. I get itchy looking at her clothes jammed up on her turkey thighs.

Edited by Iguessnot
  • Love 4

Porsha and Kordell are history.  If he feels its okay to date one of her coworkers then  I don't see how the ladies are being shady about a potential hookup.

That whole scene was just one big FU to Porsha.  Claudia has no interest in Kordell whatsoever.  You could tell by the way she started spouting off her bad traits like her bad feet.  We all know how much Kenya loves to throw jabs at Porsha and announcing Claudia as the next Mrs. Kordell Stewart was just that.  A jab at Porsha.  And we also know that like a previous poster said, Kordell likes subservient women.  Claudia is nowhere near his type and he's not her type because when she looks at someone like Kordell, she sees a primate. 

• Love 9

I feel for Riley regarding her size for her age, but not her attitude.  All the women in my family reach our full size at age 12 to 13 and then stop growing.  Hearing some comments about my size for my age was sometimes hurtful.  But it didn't turn me into a snooty and snotty kid.

That whole scene was just one big FU to Porsha

If it was an FU to Porsha, it was an FU to Porsha on Kordell's behalf.

• Love 5

I loved Kaela's reaction when Riley said if the baby was a replica of her, it would be the bomb. Moreover, Riley said this foolishness after that snide remark the Burruss rhymes with good names. And Kandi had the nerve to pipe up that Todd Burruss would sound good. Her disrespect of Todd knows no bounds.

Edited by Iguessnot
  • Love 6

If Ma Duggar can do it with her very sheltered children, I have no problem with Kandi doing it.

I was like "wow" when Kandi said in her talking head that she felt like taking the car back.  Basically because Todd did not do cartwheels when the car showed up.  That was messed up.

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 12

Cynthia and Mallory think it's so odd that Nene is now friends with Porsha and Phaedra, but to me it's no more odd than Cynthia being bffs with Kenya.  Cynthia, remember "Coochie crack; coochie crack!"  Plus your bff Kenya is the one that kept saying you were wedged up Nene's ass.  Shut up stupid!!!

• Love 3

idk if you're from the South, but honestly, Chik-Fil-A is an institution

I am from the South and remember loving Chick Fil A.  As a child I won a drawing contest there. 

When I visit my family I get excited to go there but I really cannot stand the salt content. I keep trying to enjoy it again/

I don't have this problem with other fast food.

Edited by SpringTulips

Awwww Apollo, why did you have to go and F**k up your life and the life of your gorgeous boys? I could weep for those innocent kids. 

Cynthia always trying to makeover Claudia. I don't get that. Claudia always looks great to me. What ever style and class Cyn had, she has lost it this season.

Kordell=Famewhore. There is no other explanation for him showing his face on this show.  And stupid for going into business with Peter. 

NayNay trying to justify herself to Gregg on the car ride home. Gregg kissing her ass makes me want to vomit. Does he ever have an opinion or does he live just to kiss her ass. I guess he doesn't want to upset the gravy train. He really has learned his place the second time around.

Todd, please don't do it! Don't get that bitch pregnant. You will never, ever be able to make her happy. God forbid she does get pregnant and they don't have a son. Will she blame that on him , too??

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 3

I was like "wow" when Kandi said in her talking head that she felt like taking the car back.  Basically because Todd did not do cartwheels when the car showed up.  That was messed up.

Bet mama J will have something to say about the "free" car Kandi bought him. 

• Love 2

Cynthia and Kenya had a problem at the time with coochie crack. It was not ongoing and they made up. Kenya was a judge at Cynthia's beauty pageant and the one who convinced Nene to go to the ball. Cynthia's ongoing friendliness/being cordial to Kenya is the real reason Nene stopped being friends with her.

Cynthia was also the only one to check on Kenya when Porsha dragged her down to the ground.

Nene acted like she ain't even know who Phaedra was for three seasons and even claimed to have Angela Stanton waiting for Phaedra backstage during one reunion. Now they are best buds. Yeah, Cynthia and Mallory (and Kandi) have every right to think the new Nene/Phaedra friendship is odd.

• Love 8