Type keyword(s) to search

She's Superman's Cousin!: And Other Supergirl Spoilers

• Start Topic

In the other crossover, it kind of seems like Kara was only used as muscle. Here Alex has a one night stand and Kara seems to have a philosophical confrontation with Overgirl, both things that kind of seem like they would be meaningful character moments. You'd probably still understand the story but it might be sad to miss them. 

On 11/20/2017 at 8:48 PM, nightwing877 said:

I guess in a way if you primary watch just Supergirl, you can just skip this crossover on a re-watch. I mean if you skipped it, it wouldn't impact the rest of the season, seeing as they don't bother to mention the crossover episode's in episodes proceeding or after the crossover.

That probably depends on whether one watches more for the ongoing character plot, or for the superhero stuff.  Because I'm sure that there's at least an 85% chance of punching in the crossover!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MarkHB said:

That probably depends on whether one watches more for the ongoing character plot, or for the superhero stuff.  Because I'm sure that there's at least an 85% chance of punching in the crossover!

I see what you did there!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Featherhat said:

So apparently there's a theory going round that Saturn Girl is manipulating Mon-El into married partly based on some tweets Amy Jackson made, none of this is spoiler but do you think its at all likely. I have no love of any Supergirl ships so I don't care either way but it's different, i'll give them that. 

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/12/03/supergirl-mon-el-marriage-fake/ 

I don't think the show needs this type of drama.

Also, it seems like just one (or two) too many twists for these writers to pull off.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Oreo2234 said:

I'm not happy about that picture of Alex and Ruby. I can't see where that is (probably) going being anything but boring and limiting for Alex. 

Alex always wanted kids, so she might was well have Ruby since Reign/Sam is probably going to get killed off/imprisoned at some point soon. 
As long as they figure out that Ruby might also have powers once she hits 18 -- what with her being part Kryptonian and all.  I wonder who the father is -- human, Kryptonian, Daxamite, other ?

Really don't like Reign's mask.

Does someone whip out the kryptonite at some point during the battle ?  How else does Supergirl end up bloodied from a head wound.

If Alex adopts Ruby, we're stuck with her on the show.  William on Arrow is bad enough but at least he has a housekeeper to take care of him so Oliver is free to fight crime.  What is Alex going to do?  She'll have to make sure she's home for dinner, homework and bedtime.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Does someone whip out the kryptonite at some point during the battle ?  How else does Supergirl end up bloodied from a head wound.

I assume it's possible if she's fighting someone or something as strong as (or stronger than) she is.

2 hours ago, Chas411 said:

Not into the Ruby/Alex stuff. Mainly because as already said then we'll be stuck with her on the show. 

She'll always be at a friends house or maybe staying with Eliza for a while like most TV kids when their main storyline is done. It does seem like this is where the storyline is going and she will probably get powers sooner rather than later if they want to include her more. 

15 hours ago, Trini said:

I don't think the show needs this type of drama.

Also, it seems like just one (or two) too many twists for these writers to pull off.

True, I just thought I'd put it out there as a theory being bandied about that's different from "she dies" or "she realises Karamel are TuwLuw" and go back with the Legion. I guess will have to see how Brainiac5 interacts with Kara. 

• Love 1

This show really doesn't need another character with powers and Ruby doesn't have the screen presence to make me care about her dealing with that and she's written in an annoying way. Alex may want kids but she doesn't have to have them now. She isn't even 30. I would rather see Alex do cool government agent stuff and be better integrated into the main plot, or even moving on and dating again if they are gonna focus on her personal life, not in some mommy subplot. They'll also probably tone down the edgier, flawed side to her personality once she's a mom. I can't see how this could possibly be good for her character or the show in general. 

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Love 2
On 12/12/2017 at 9:55 AM, Lady Calypso said:

Supergirl casts Krys Marshall as Woman with Reign Connection

It doesn't say exactly which episode she'll appear in first, but it is a recurring role; it may be before the nine week hiatus. 

Krys Marshall (This Is Us) will recur in the second half of the CW drama’s third season, TVLine has learned exclusively, playing Julia Freeman, a 20-something musician living near National City who holds clues to Reign’s true identity.

I know they don't want to reveal everything, but this is so vague. Is this character a Kryptonian? Or one of those Supergirl cult members?

Official Synopsis released for 3.10: "Legion of Superheroes"

MEET THE LEGION – Struggling to heal from her injuries inflicted by Reign (Odette Annable), Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) remains in a dreamlike state, unable to be reached. Mon-El (Chris Wood) recruits one of the Legion members, Brainiac-5 (guest star Jesse Rath), to try to bring her back. Meanwhile, Reign continues her rampage on the city so the DEO teams up with the Legion of Superheroes to try to stop her. Jesse Warn directed the episode written by Derek Simon & Eric Carrasco (#310). Original airdate 1/15/18.”

• Love 1

This is Supergirl's show, so I don't expect (or want) Superman to show up, but I do expect at least an offhand explanation for why he hasn't shown up; when there's a Kryptonian threat and his only relative in a coma.

• Love 1

The show has been damned-if-they-do and damned-if-they-don't vis a vis Superman since the pilot.  Unless they do bother to explain things, I'm going to assume he's off-planet fighting Mongul.

21 hours ago, MarkHB said:

The show has been damned-if-they-do and damned-if-they-don't vis a vis Superman since the pilot.  Unless they do bother to explain things, I'm going to assume he's off-planet fighting Mongul.

Before they get around to explaining why Superman is MIA they need to explain why their series regular superhero prefers to hang out at the DEO worrying instead of flying out there and helping his surrogate daughter when she's taking a near fatal beating.  That made sense back when J'onn was still concealing his identity and has never made sense since he was outed and accepted.

• Love 6

Them keeping J'onn off of missions is one of the most annoying aspects of this show. You have this uber powerful alien at your disposal but since you decided to CGI him up you dont want to use him. 

I just really want Supergirl to leave the DEO. Have it become the big bad and have everyone form a group outside of it. 

It's also that he's so powerful that it's hard to challenge him, so they Nerf gun. Same reason that the captain of the Waverider, whether Rip or Sara, insisted on splitting up Jax and Prof. Stein all the time, or Hiro spent half a season looking for that damn sword..

• Love 2
On 8/9/2017 at 8:02 PM, Trini said:

Matt's Inside Line:

... I have just learned that the CW series is seeking a fortysomething actress to play a mysterious and “sexually compelling” Kryptonian who is being likened to Game of Thrones‘ Melisandre.

Did this spoiler ever pan out? Was this the woman that Sam/Reign saw in her desert fortress, or is it the "disgraced Kryptonian priestess" mentioned by Coville (that maybe got cut)?

6 hours ago, MarkHB said:

It's also that he's so powerful that it's hard to challenge him, so they Nerf gun. Same reason that the captain of the Waverider, whether Rip or Sara, insisted on splitting up Jax and Prof. Stein all the time, or Hiro spent half a season looking for that damn sword..

They really should have established Green Martians as having the telepathy/shapeshifting powers and cut out the rest of the Greens power set. Then they could have J'onn around but not have to leave people wondering why he isn't suiting up and lending Kara a hand in major fist fights.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Trini said:

Did this spoiler ever pan out? Was this the woman that Sam/Reign saw in her desert fortress, or is it the "disgraced Kryptonian priestess" mentioned by Coville (that maybe got cut)?

Not yet.  I believe that spoiler refers to upcoming episodes.

6 hours ago, Perfect Xero said:

They really should have established Green Martians as having the telepathy/shapeshifting powers and cut out the rest of the Greens power set. Then they could have J'onn around but not have to leave people wondering why he isn't suiting up and lending Kara a hand in major fist fights.

Except that even in comic-book canon, Green Martians can fly and have super-strength and super-speed, albeit perhaps not quite at Kryptonian levels.  So the show is being faithful to canon by giving J'onn those same powers.

15 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

Not yet.  I believe that spoiler refers to upcoming episodes.

Except that even in comic-book canon, Green Martians can fly and have super-strength and super-speed, albeit perhaps not quite at Kryptonian levels.  So the show is being faithful to canon by giving J'onn those same powers.

Well, yeah. I'm saying that the show should have deviated from the comics.

• Love 4

So, press release for 3x11 is up:

SUPERGIRL TEAMS UP WITH SATURN GIRL, LIVEWIRE AND PSI – As Reign (Odette Annable) continues to terrorize the city, Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) teams up with Saturn Girl (guest star Amy Jackson), and the two recruit Supergirl’s former enemies, Livewire (guest star Brit Morgan) and Psi (guest star Yael Grobglas), to form a team for a mission to Fort Rozz to recover a prisoner who has information on how to defeat Reign once and for all. Meanwhile, Alex (Chyler Leigh) babysits Ruby (guest star Emma Tremblay). Gregory Smith directed the episode written by Gabriel Llanas & Anna Musky-Goldwyn (#311). Original airdate 1/22/18.

First off, dislike that we're getting exactly what we all predicted with Alex's storyline. I guess she's getting saddled with a kid, which means less badass fighting scenes for her. Oh joy; don't you LOVE kids on these types of shows? 

Now, to get on to the better stuff. 

I do love me some Gregory Smith, so I'm glad he's back to directing. I also love the return of Yael Grobglas. I didn't expect her to return so quickly; I also love Brit Morgan returning. 

• Love 4

First off, dislike that we're getting exactly what we all predicted with Alex's storyline. I guess she's getting saddled with a kid, which means less badass fighting scenes for her. Oh joy; don't you LOVE kids on these types of shows? 

Now, to get on to the better stuff. 

So the Legion of Superheroes are debuting, Kara is teaming up with villains and the season's Big Bad is wreaking havoc, yet Alex gets a babysitting a kid subplot? Who was asking for this crap? I keep seeing people ask for Alex to get more kick ass scenes, be more part of the main plot etc. basically what she got to do in the crossover. Who wants her off in some mommy subplot while major stuff is happening. This Ruby plot is marginalising her.

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

I thought all the prisoners in Fort Rozz escaped when it crashed on Earth years ago.

I'm already forgetting many of the details of the Season 1 finale, but IIRC, after Non's plan for world domination was thwarted, the Kryptonians and their allies among the prisoners reboarded the ship and went into suspended animation, with the new plan being to use some gizmo on board to wipe out humanity in revenge then fly off to another world where they'd be more appreciated. Supergirl and Jonn defeat Non, then she single-handedly lifts the ship into space to get the deadly gizmo out of range.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, wilnil said:

I'm already forgetting many of the details of the Season 1 finale, but IIRC, after Non's plan for world domination was thwarted, the Kryptonians and their allies among the prisoners reboarded the ship and went into suspended animation, with the new plan being to use some gizmo on board to wipe out humanity in revenge then fly off to another world where they'd be more appreciated. Supergirl and Jonn defeat Non, then she single-handedly lifts the ship into space to get the deadly gizmo out of range.

Your memory is pretty much the same as mine.  Supergirl ended the Fort Rozz threat at the end of Season 1 by single-handedly flying the ship into space -- a task which taxed her powers to the extent that Alex had to rescue HER and and she had to spend a few days in yellow-solar rehab to recover.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

Your memory is pretty much the same as mine.  Supergirl ended the Fort Rozz threat at the end of Season 1 by single-handedly flying the ship into space -- a task which taxed her powers to the extent that Alex had to rescue HER and and she had to spend a few days in yellow-solar rehab to recover.

4 hours ago, wilnil said:

@legaleagle53 and @wilnil -- you both have better memories than I do about S1 and what happened to Fort Rozz.

So that makes me a little curious how Livewire and Psi go into space -- since neither one can survive in a vacuum.

Yay! Livewire is coming back! Boo - "babysit" should never be in any of these shows' descriptions.

----

So about Brainiac's look in the latest promo; so they hired this guy knowing he can pull off face paint and a white wig, but somehow the makeup department still screwed him over....

So are they keeping her in a sleep state against her will? How long could it take for her to recover? And shouldn't she be under a 'yellow sun light' anyway?

• Love 1
On 12/31/2017 at 11:00 PM, Trini said:

I think it's the Sam/Reign lady and the "disgraced priestess" will be played by Krys Marshall. 

4 hours ago, Trini said:

Yay! Livewire is coming back! Boo - "babysit" should never be in any of these shows' descriptions.

----

So about Brainiac's look in the latest promo; so they hired this guy knowing he can pull off face paint and a white wig, but somehow the makeup department still screwed him over....

So are they keeping her in a sleep state against her will? How long could it take for her to recover? And shouldn't she be under a 'yellow sun light' anyway?

Why do I feel like they took a cute actor and made him ugly just so people wouldn't get the urge to ship B5 with Kara? Even that wig is atrocious. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Why do I feel like they took a cute actor and made him ugly just so people wouldn't get the urge to ship B5 with Kara? Even that wig is atrocious. 

Maybe, but there was the assumption that he was there partly to offer Kara an alternative because/while Mon-El is currently married but maybe not if they didn't bother to make him look better. It's weird because JR can definitely pull off looking attractive under a ton of make up as Alak Tarr. 

12 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Which makes no sense, because Brainiac 5 and Kara WERE a canon couple (off-and-on, at least) in the comics for years up until her death in Crisis on Infinite Earths back in 1985.

• Love 2

I was gonna say that maybe finally the Legion will do something useful other than just stand around, but then again, whatever they do in 3x10 can't be too useful if Reign is still happily rampaging around in 3x11. 

• Love 1
On 1/8/2018 at 2:27 PM, tofutan said:

Episode 11 stills Mon-El and Saturngirl confront Reign in some prison yard. Meanwhile, Kara and Brainiac 5 look at pictures.

I like the detailing of the supersuits, but MAN, will the Arrow-verse ever be able break away from black pleather? At least SaturnGirl's outfit has a little color.

Whatever's going on in Kara's dream state looks more interesting than the Legion and Reign outside.

Brainiac looks a little better in these stills; but I still question why they went with this particular look -- even if they change his appearance later.

Edited by Trini

I dunno, it all being in one room between two people, one of whom we have just met, let's see how interesting that will really be. I guess it depends on the chemistry. 

I actually do wonder whether they'll manage to temporarily drive off Reign or whether she'll just wipe the floor with them. Will they ever bother to open the remaining 3 pods?

There are crutches in the background of pic with Alex, so is Reign the one who injures Alex? 

Edited by tofutan
4 hours ago, tofutan said:

I was gonna say that maybe finally the Legion will do something useful other than just stand around, but then again, whatever they do in 3x10 can't be too useful if Reign is still happily rampaging around in 3x11. 

They've had this outfit ready for over a year and thats the best they can do? Wtf.