Type keyword(s) to search

Hallmark Movies: Small Town Royalty Magically Celebrating Rekindled Love! - General Discussion

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

A Very Vermont Christmas - as boring as all get out. I was asleep after 15 minutes.

Same story, just a different "my father's/mother's business" product. Otherwise the same as a myriad of other crappy storylines.

I was really dull, full of the same old worn-out cliches.  Parent dies and child tries to save the family business that was their pride and joy.  Along comes a 'consultant' who is supposed to be working on getting the family business bought or closed but instead, helps the child find a new direction for the business while they fall in love.  Then, the kid finds out their new love's business ties and there are all sorts of misunderstandings until true love prevails in the final minute.

Same storyline as at least a third of all the Hallmark Christmas movies.  Nothing to see here, move along.

I also agree that the leads did not have chemistry, not even a little bit.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I made it about 10 minutes. The lead actress irritated me, I hope I don't have to add her to the list with Cindy and Eloise. Unfortunately both leads were huge drips. Katie Leclerc was also in Letters to Santa which I didn't care for either. I don't think she's charismatic enough to be a lead. She's just kinda there. And Ryan McPartlin needs a dynamic actress to play off of otherwise he's just a pretty face. 

I really wish Hallmark did viewer surveys, whoever is putting these pairings together needs their eyes checked because there is no way in Hell they looked through a camera at some of these leads and said 'We've got magic, people!' 😒

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I watched the whole thing because I often like background "sound" as I work from home.  A Hallmark movie often provides that because I really don't need to pay attention and it doesn't matter if I miss things. 

It felt really low budget.  The first five minutes were exceptionally bad.  They all read their line readings as if they were reading from a teleprompter.  Oddly, I thought she had more chemistry with her ex than Ryan's character.

But I am glad I watched for the ridiculousness of the final beer contest being between three different beers submitted by Place X, the lead's place, and the big corporate brewery with the prize being.....a distribution deal with the big corporation and the person announcing the winner was the head of the big corporate brewery. 

I'd love to know why this big corporate brewery would enter itself into the contest to win a prize it could just give itself?  So comically nonsensical that I'm kind of glad I saw it for myself. 

The biggest disappointment for me was the title.  A Very Vermont Christmas about a very beer focused movie? How about the name of the beer "A Hoppy Holiday" as a movie title?  Or a "A Christmas Brew?" 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

Oh yes, oh yes.  such a pile of bad ideas this thing  was.  But I was surprised to finally recognize Ryan McPartlin.  He was doing absolutely nothing for me in this movie, including the acting.  But finally (and only by searching his name online) I realized he had been the lead in one I've remembered for some years now -- "The Flight Before Christmas" with Mayim Bialik.  He looked so different in  that (given that it was 9 years ago) but just so much more appealing.  I even saw him fitting well with Mayim Bialik -- Hmm, possibly the plot and the writing helped?

And his haircut in  this one didn't help.  This character basically was just not appealing, and the plot just a series of bad ideas.  As said above, Really - Christmas and beer?  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

I have been seeing previews of a movie premiering this coming weekend, I think. The lead actress looks familiar; she and a couple of friends are doing something or looking for something - can't remember. But they acted like high schoolers - the laughing and giggling. I guess high school girls watch Hallmark? Sorry, I wish I could be more specific about the movie - leads, title, something.  The actress had long dark hair.  Probably parted in the middle and hanging down.  She is very pretty and could at least be animated. 

On 7/22/2024 at 5:59 PM, Kemper said:

I have been seeing previews of a movie premiering this coming weekend, I think. The lead actress looks familiar; she and a couple of friends are doing something or looking for something - can't remember. But they acted like high schoolers - the laughing and giggling. I guess high school girls watch Hallmark? Sorry, I wish I could be more specific about the movie - leads, title, something.  The actress had long dark hair.  Probably parted in the middle and hanging down.  She is very pretty and could at least be animated. 

I think that may be An Ice Palace Romance. And, agreed - the commercials make them seem really young. It appears they're going all in on Marcus Rosner as their next big leading man, he's been in several new movies this year. Or maybe he was just available. Either way, he's an actor I could take or leave. He's got one of those faces that, sometimes he's attractive to me but most times he's not. I think a lot depends on who he is paired with because there is not a movie of his that I would actively seek out to watch specifically for him. 

• Like 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, Badsamaritan said:

I think that may be An Ice Palace Romance. And, agreed - the commercials make them seem really young. It appears they're going all in on Marcus Rosner as their next big leading man, he's been in several new movies this year. Or maybe he was just available. Either way, he's an actor I could take or leave. He's got one of those faces that, sometimes he's attractive to me but most times he's not. I think a lot depends on who he is paired with because there is not a movie of his that I would actively seek out to watch specifically for him. 

Yes, that's the one!  I thought I was alone in my opinion of Marcus Rosner. I can't warm up to him completely; but he is not awful. 

I watched one last night that was maybe originally on the Hallmark Mystery Channel.  Victor Webster and an actress I have only seen a few times.  Title may be "Manor House Mystery" or some such. It Involved a treasure hunt based on finding clues.... inside an old manor house being brought back to life.  The teens were not obnoxious, the leads were fine and I was engaged. 

Edited by Kemper
  • Like 2
(edited)

The issue I'd had with Marcus Rosner, who I'm sure is a very nice person, is that the first movie(s) we saw him in had him portraying the Stuffy Humorless Wrong Fiance'.  

When they started casting him as the hero, even when they ruffled up his hair and added the facial hair, it was hard to lose the original impression.  He may even be acting it pretty well --   In the previews he seems to be going for a quirkier character, but I can't get there yet.

Edited by Chippings
typo
  • Like 5
8 minutes ago, Chippings said:

The issue I'd had with Marcus Rosner, who I'm sure is a very nice person, is that the first movie(s) we saw him in had him portraying the Stuffy Humorless Wrong Fiance'.  

When they started casting him as the hero, even when they ruffled up his hair and added the facial hair, it was hard to lose the original impression.  He may even bene acting it pretty well --   In the previews he seems to be going for a quirkier character, but I can't get there yet.

I can take it or leave it with the actor (although his face shape is too angular for me), but speaking of being introduced to him as a stuffy character…I first saw him on When Calls the Heart as Elizabeth’s stilted, somewhat stuffy friend/almost something more.

• Like 2
On 7/24/2024 at 2:12 PM, Kemper said:

Yes, that's the one!  I thought I was alone in my opinion of Marcus Rosner. I can't warm up to him completely; but he is not awful. 

I watched one last night that was maybe originally on the Hallmark Mystery Channel.  Victor Webster and an actress I have only seen a few times.  Title may be "Manor House Mystery" or some such. It Involved a treasure hunt based on finding clues.... inside an old manor house being brought back to life.  The teens were not obnoxious, the leads were fine and I was engaged. 

Mystery on Mistletoe Lane. It's one of my favorites from last year and a movie I will put on anytime it's on. Victor Webster is one of my faves and he had great chemistry with Erica Cerra. I believed her as a mom, she was funny without being immature, and I liked all the supporting cast. The mystery was cute and enjoyable, I liked how they put all the clues on screen in fancy script when they read them, and as Kemper said, the kids weren't obnoxious. It goes in the box with my other favorite movies. He had way better chemistry with Erica Cerra than Alison Sweeney in that new Hannah Swensen movie. Erica's character actually acted like a grown up. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just watching A Biltmore Christmas, I must have missed it if they aired it last year.  Anyway I am really enjoying it so far.  I like the twist on time travel and I love the chatty tourist who lives for the movie "His Merry Wife".

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

Just got to the part where she is back in time and she's "Sandra...Sandra Bullock".  Hallmark, you're doing great.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Dimity said:

Just watching A Biltmore Christmas, I must have missed it if they aired it last year.  Anyway I am really enjoying it so far.  I like the twist on time travel and I love the chatty tourist who lives for the movie "His Merry Wife".

I just love this one.  It has become my “rewatch any time”.  Kristoffer, Bethany Joy and the entire cast do a terrific job with this unique story in a gorgeous setting.   Funny, entertaining and very touching.  

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Like 3
  • Love 6
56 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

I just love this one.  It has become my “rewatch any time”.  Kristoffer, Bethany Joy and the entire cast do a terrific job with this unique story in a gorgeous setting.   Funny, entertaining and very touching.  

I completely agree.  This one is not getting deleted.  I loved it.  And I don't say that very often about Hallmark Christmas movies.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
50 minutes ago, Dimity said:

I completely agree.  This one is not getting deleted.  I loved it.  And I don't say that very often about Hallmark Christmas movies.

I’m so glad you loved it!  The first time I saw it, I actually got so teary at the end, and that has never, ever happened to me with a Hallmark movie.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 1

Today was Ms Christmas Comes to Town.  Somehow it shouldn't have worked (I mean a terminal diagnosis?  yikes) but it totally clicked for me.  I liked all 3 leads and handwaved some minor nitpicks because I just plain liked the story.  Hit tons of the usual Hallmark stuff, of course, but a more original story than you usually see so I'll take it.

Just tried to watch Flipping for Christmas.  I liked the leads and I liked the house, I pretty  much hated everything else.  The plot was so incredibly stupid.  So the two guys inherit Grandpa's house, one wants to sell, the other doesn't.  The one who wants to keep it can't afford to buy the other out.  In real life this forces a sale - at the very least you get lawyers involved and figure something out!  This is never even suggested.   I made it through maybe 20 minutes and that was it.

• Like 1
On 7/24/2024 at 2:30 PM, Chippings said:

When they started casting him as the hero, even when they ruffled up his hair and added the facial hair, it was hard to lose the original impression.  He may even been acting it pretty well --   In the previews he seems to be going for a quirkier character, but I can't get there yet.

In his first several appearances in these movies, he was consistently cast as secondary to the male lead (brother, best friend). These characters were pretty shady, irresponsible , if not downright dastardly. I guess they had to change this image to allow him to play leading roles.

• Like 3
(edited)

A Very Merry Mix-Up is one of my favorite Hallmark Christmas movies. It is right up there with Snow Bride and Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Edited by Ele
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
On 7/26/2024 at 8:48 PM, Dimity said:

Just got to the part where she is back in time and she's "Sandra...Sandra Bullock".  Hallmark, you're doing great.

I really like Bethany Joy Lenz in this movie. Actually, I have liked her in all her movies.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
On 7/29/2024 at 7:18 PM, coffeebean said:

I really like Bethany Joy Lenz in this movie. Actually, I have liked her in all her movies.

I like Bethany Joy Lenz too.

This Saturday’s new movie, Junebug, looks interesting. I like Autumn Reeser so maybe that’s why. I’ve never watched any of Aaron O’Connell’s  movies. I think it’s bc he always looks like he’s mugging for the camera in promos. 

Hallmark Family is airing a new movie on 8/4 called Game,Set,Love. I hope it’s good because the executive producer is Venus Williams. I love Venus! 

• Like 3
(edited)

I watched Junebug last night and thought it was a very cute movie—something I would definitely watch again. Of course, Autumn Reeser is one of my favorite Hallmark actors, so I generally like almost anything she's in. But there was a bonus cameo at the beginning (in a restaurant, by one of the producers of the movie) that just made my evening. I've seen Aaron O'Connell before, but never actually watched him in anything until now. I thought he and Autumn had some chemistry, plus he was likable and a decent actor.

Then, afterward, I caught a re-run of The Blind Date Book Club with another of my favorites, Robert Buckley, so thank you for a good Saturday night, Hallmark.

Edited by kirinan
  • Like 6
1 hour ago, kirinan said:

I watched Junebug last night and thought it was a very cute movie—something I would definitely watch again. Of course, Autumn Reeser is one of my favorite Hallmark actors, so I generally like almost anything she's in. But there was a bonus cameo at the beginning (in a restaurant, by one of the producers of the movie) that just made my evening. I've seen Aaron O'Connell before, but never actually watched him in anything until now. I thought he and Autumn had some chemistry, plus he was likable and a decent actor.

Then, afterward, I caught a re-run of The Blind Date Book Club with another of my favorites, Robert Buckley, so thank you for a good Saturday night, Hallmark.

I had the same night as you!  Agreed — I enjoy Autumn Reeser in everything she does which is a rare thing to say.  Junebug was so enjoyable and the little girl didn’t get on my nerves at all.  I’ve never been one way or the other about Aaron, but he was believable as the artist.  Stunning scenery and a unique story — I would watch again!

The Blind Date Book Club is a pleasure for me because of Robert — he is just the best.  Erin’s not a favorite of mine but she’s good in this, and it’s set on faux-Nantucket so I enjoyed seeing the few legit aerial shots of the island that I love.  Everything else isn’t Nantucket-y at all!  

• Like 4
18 hours ago, kirinan said:

Autumn Reeser is also one of my faves and I enjoyed Junebug a lot. Definitely on my rewatch list. And Aaron O'Connell was hot in this with the beard. He was in a Christmas movie called The 12 Gifts of Christmas with Katrina Law that I liked, except he was clean shaven. Unfortunately that makes his face look like a typical bitcoin/crypto douchebro so he should keep the beard. 

I also like Erin Krakow for the most part, I really liked her in The Wedding Cottage with Brendan Penny. There was something about his character that was very romantic and sexy. 

• Like 4
On 7/18/2024 at 7:16 PM, KLovestoShop said:

Did Hallmark buy out Great American Family, or did they merge?  The reason I’m asking is that so many older Hallmark movies are being shown on GAF.  The Mrs Miracle movies, A Royal Date for Christmas, and a Very Corgi Christmas just to name a few.  

A lot of these movies are made by independent production companies so the channels don't own the rights to the movie.

• Like 1
On 8/4/2024 at 2:27 PM, kirinan said:

I watched Junebug last night and thought it was a very cute movie—something I would definitely watch again. Of

I enjoyed it too. 

• Like 3

Attention all Hallmarkies:

Finally cut my cable cord and have been musing over replacements.  Looks like Peacock has the channel, plus the “Movies & Mysteries” one.

Anybody here recommend that app?

• Like 1

I have a Roku stick for streaming.  The actual Roku channel has some Hallmark movies on their "Live" 24/7 broadcasts.  Also Midsomer Murders, Murder She Wrote, ION and some others I don't watch.  But I don't think the Hallmark movies on the "Live" choice are all that current.  I think there is an option for a "Free" trial on the Roku channel for current movies. I have no idea what the price would be after the trial.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have Sling as an alternate to cable so I could keep some of the channels I still want access to at a more affordable rate. It's not quite the same, but it's good enough for me based on what I'm saving. I made sure to include Hallmark and have all 3 channels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
(edited)

We just cut our cable cord and now have only YouTube TV and Disney Plus. YTTV includes the Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, and Hallmark Family. I know at $72.99/month it's not a cheap service (still WAY cheaper than our cable was, though). But for us it was worth it, since it has all the broadcast and cable channels we watch on a regular basis.

Edited by kirinan
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, kirinan said:

We just cut our cable cord and now have only YouTube TV and Disney Plus. YTTV includes the Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, and Hallmark Family. I know at $72.99/month it's not a cheap service (still WAY cheaper than our cable was, though). But for us it was worth it, since it has all the broadcast and cable channels we watch on a regular basis.

This is us too, but just replace D+ with Paramount +.  It’s crazy how streaming has basically turned into cable if someone signs up for a fair number of streams.  I foresaw this happening some time ago, especially once the streamers started including commercials!

• Like 2

I subscribe to Peacock. Once new Hallmark movies premiere, I think they're only available to stream for a few days. They may reappear later, like A Biltmore Christmas did recently, but then get yanked again. The selection of Hallmark movies can be spotty but it works well enough for me, plus I think it's worth getting Peacock for some of their other stuff.

I caught My Dreams of You on Peacock yesterday and enjoyed it. The premise is kind of goofy and the way it was directed/shot looked off sometimes, but the leads were cute and it was a sweet story. Cecilia Lee in a supporting role stood out and I hope she turns up in more movies.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, krankydoodle said:

I caught My Dreams of You on Peacock yesterday and enjoyed it. The premise is kind of goofy and the way it was directed/shot looked off sometimes, but the leads were cute and it was a sweet story. Cecilia Lee in a supporting role stood out and I hope she turns up in more movies.

When I read the description I really thought it would be awful. But, it turned out not so bad once it got going. It was cute. 

• Like 4
(edited)

I read the descriptions for September and October’s Fall into Love movies. I think The Real West starring Kimberley Sustad, Lucas Bryant, and James Denton looks promising. Haunted Wedding might be good too. Wes Brown and Erin Cahill are in another movie. I think I’d like to see Brown paired with Sustad. 

Edited by Ele
  • Like 4
On 8/16/2024 at 11:28 PM, Ele said:

I read the descriptions for September and October’s Fall into Love movies. I think The Real West starring Kimberley Sustad, Lucas Bryant, and James Denton looks promising. Haunted Wedding might be good too. Wes Brown and Erin Cahill are in another movie. I think I’d like to see Brown paired with Sustad. 

Erin Cahill isn't one of my faves, she's hit or miss for me. I do love Wes Brown - he's got comedy chops - and I think Kimberley Sustad does as well even though most of her HM movies haven't really had a lot of comedy. So I agree, I'd like to see Kimberley and Wes paired, maybe in something light hearted. 

This is making me think about other HM actor pairings I'd like to see....

Wes Brown and Rachel Leigh Cook. Or maybe Erica Cerra. Their energies would match well. 

Kimberley Sustad and Victor Webster. Both can be lighthearted but also have the necessary gravitas for something a little more serious. 

Tyler Hynes and Stephanie Sy. I know she's usually supporting but she's a good actress and deserves a shot at a lead role. And Tyler is quirky and can be very deadpan which would work well with her. 

Brendan Penny and Italia Ricci. They're both very pretty and sexy so I'd like to see if they spark together.

Bethany Joy Lenz and Mark Ghanime. I've been a fan of BJL since her first major TV role on Guiding Light as the young Reva Shayne clone. Yes, clone. Please don't ask me to explain. After the character aged out, they brought BJL back as a recast Michelle Bauer. Anyway, Mark is hot with the beard so together they would be lovely eye candy for me.

Mark and Heather Hemmens. They would be super pretty too. Yes I'm shallow. 🤷🏽‍♀️😊

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
On 7/24/2024 at 11:30 AM, Chippings said:

I've always called that role the Before Boyfriend (as in, before the heroine meets her real love interest). I agree, it's hard to shake that impression no matter how many things I've seen him in since.

I've been catching up on the backlog of movies on my DVR recently. To my surprise I loved Costa Rican Wedding, and I wasn't expecting anything other than gorgeous scenery. Christopher Russell has charisma to spare and Rhiannon Fish, despite her off-putting fillers and face work, is a fun actress, and I thought they sparked well. My Dreams of You was a lot of fun, a refreshing injection of whimsy and fantasy into the tropey land of Hallmarkia, and I've enjoyed the lead actress since her Nine Lives of Chloe King days (clawtastic!). I always enjoy a fantasy bent in my entertainment, and I thought this was a fun idea. But I'll be the odd one out and say I thought Junebug was a miss, and I'd had high hopes for it since I love Autumn Reeser. But the kid bugged the shit out of me (as she did on Supergirl) and the story just didn't come together for me. IMO the 'follow your dreams instead of settling for safe and practical' theme was handled much better in the Dreams movie, and with more finesse. Looking forward to the Magic of Lemon Drops this weekend. Nice to see some movies with a little personality coming to Hallmark!

• Like 4
20 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

But I'll be the odd one out and say I thought Junebug was a miss, and I'd had high hopes for it since I love Autumn Reeser. But the kid bugged the shit out of me (as she did on Supergirl) and the story just didn't come together for me. IMO the 'follow your dreams instead of settling for safe and practical' theme was handled much better in the Dreams movie, and with more finesse. 

I thought Junebug was okay - unfortunately, it had almost the exact same plot as If You Believe, a delightful Christmas movie from 1999 starring Ally Walker and Hayden Panetierre.

• Useful 2
On 8/20/2024 at 5:01 PM, Badsamaritan said:

Erin Cahill isn't one of my faves, she's hit or miss for me. I do love Wes Brown - he's got comedy chops - and I think Kimberley Sustad does as well even though most of her HM movies haven't really had a lot of comedy. So I agree, I'd like to see Kimberley and Wes paired, maybe in something light hearted. 

This is making me think about other HM actor pairings I'd like to see....

Wes Brown and Rachel Leigh Cook. Or maybe Erica Cerra. Their energies would match well. 

Kimberley Sustad and Victor Webster. Both can be lighthearted but also have the necessary gravitas for something a little more serious. 

Tyler Hynes and Stephanie Sy. I know she's usually supporting but she's a good actress and deserves a shot at a lead role. And Tyler is quirky and can be very deadpan which would work well with her. 

Brendan Penny and Italia Ricci. They're both very pretty and sexy so I'd like to see if they spark together.

Bethany Joy Lenz and Mark Ghanime. I've been a fan of BJL since her first major TV role on Guiding Light as the young Reva Shayne clone. Yes, clone. Please don't ask me to explain. After the character aged out, they brought BJL back as a recast Michelle Bauer. Anyway, Mark is hot with the beard so together they would be lovely eye candy for me.

Mark and Heather Hemmens. They would be super pretty too. Yes I'm shallow. 🤷🏽‍♀️😊

Mark would work well with Bethany and Heather. I think Bethany, Heather, Taylor Cole, and Brittany Bristow work well with a variety of leading. They also have ability to keep a movie afloat when it has weak dialogue or plot. Rhiannon Fish is fine too. Leading men who I think work well with a variety of actresses are Mark, Tyler, Dan Jeannotte, and Sam Page.

• Like 2
(edited)

The Magic of Lemondrops was cute and all, but eeeewwww - the drops belonged to Lolly’s mom!  Those thing are decades old, but Lolly (horrible name btw), ate them, and didn’t notice they tasted “off”?!  
And I will always think of the lead actress as Alexandra Udinov.  

Edited by norcalgal
  • Like 2

I liked the Lemon Drops movie also.  It was interesting that the hero (Ian Harding) was the same actor who was in Ghosts of Christmas Always, which they coincidentally showed shortly before this Saturday.  

It seemed funny that two new Saturday movies in a row were fantasies (Lemon Drops and the 'Dream' thing).  But just fine, as there was no returning home to save the father's pumpkin farm and running into the old boy friend.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

Oh the irony of Head over Heels being about a shoe designer who was previously  accused of stealing her designs, when this movie was an obvious rip off of The Devil Wears Prada. Seriously, at least try to not basically use the same name for your stolen main character, Addy vs. Andy? Really? 

Too bad it was no where near as good. It was not even good for a crappy Hallmark movie. I swear I was paying attention, but still have no idea if the love interest character was related to the shoe designer or what his father had to do with anything. The actress who played the main lead was decent  enough, but the rest of the cast..... not so much. Love interest guy was so bland and an obvious afterthought who was just randomly stuck in there since they feel the need to have a love interest no matter what. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

Hallmark Family has a new movie airing, The Perfect Pairing. I missed the first 30 minutes, but the premise is very similar to 2017's Falling for Vermont with Julie Gonzalo and Ben Ayres. 

Fostersmom, I agree entirely about the Head over Heels movie.  I literally yelled out loud at it a couple of times.  Really!!?   No chemistry between the leads, for sure.  Also I'm not sure how many viewers care much about the shoe market that's above the department store lines and cost a thousand dollars or something.

Also the character of the shoe designer woman was so badly written between the Devil Wears Prada Miranda Priestly character, but then suddenly half a dozen times she'd get kind of nice, and then revert again.  Must have been awfully hard for the actress to play, actually.   It was all just very odd and I thought poorly written.  

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Chippings said:

Fostersmom, I agree entirely about the Head over Heels movie.  I literally yelled out loud at it a couple of times.  Really!!?   No chemistry between the leads, for sure.  Also I'm not sure how many viewers care much about the shoe market that's above the department store lines and cost a thousand dollars or something.

I managed not to actively yell at the TV until her father was all you can't miss your niece's birthday and Sunday dinners that suddenly honors your dead mother. Dude, she a grown adult and when you don't work for daddy, you don't get to call the shots, especially as an intern. That scene really rubbed pissed me off.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
On 8/21/2024 at 1:38 PM, Maelstrom said:

To my surprise I loved Costa Rican Wedding, and I wasn't expecting anything other than gorgeous scenery. Christopher Russell has charisma to spare and Rhiannon Fish, despite her off-putting fillers and face work, is a fun actress, and I thought they sparked well. My Dreams of You was a lot of fun, a refreshing injection of whimsy and fantasy into the tropey land of Hallmarkia, and I've enjoyed the lead actress since her Nine Lives of Chloe King days (clawtastic!).

I've been away from this thread for a bit but I wanted to highlight these two movies too.  It's part of the reason I keep watching Hallmark because every once in a while, they deliver exactly what I want.

Costa Rican Wedding started off in a way that I didn't think I'd love but something happened half way through where I really got into it to the point that I rewatched it later to catch the things I missed in the first half.  I didn't think I missed anything important (and I didn't) but I wanted to experience it as a whole. It wasn't brilliant or even that original but it had the right vibes. 

I think My Dreams of You had the best couple chemistry in one of these movies in ages, IMO.

I liked Lemon Drops okay.  I really enjoy Ian Harding and the lead actress was good too but it's not my favorite genre.

• Like 1

Did anyone watch His and Hers last night? The credits said it was a Christmas in July feature, but I must have missed it. It was absolutely delightful; Brennan Elliott and Lacy Chabert star as married lawyers working for separate firms. They are opposing counsel for 2 married reality TV stars who are divorcing. Lacy and Brennan  just have a natural ease with each other; I'll definitely watch this one again.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

Did anyone watch His and Hers last night? The credits said it was a Christmas in July feature, but I must have missed it.

Nah. It was a Fall Into Love movie.  There was nothing Christmasy about it. 

I liked it too, although I predicted the "twist" from the beginning.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1