Type keyword(s) to search

Pet Peeves: Aka Things That Make You Go "Gah!"

Message added by Mod-Tigerkatze,

Your Pet Peeves are your Pet Peeves and you're welcome to express them here. However, that does not mean that you can use this topic to go after your fellow posters; being annoyed by something they say or do is not a Pet Peeve.

If there's something you need clarification on, please remember: it's always best to address a fellow poster directly; don't talk about what they said, talk to them. Politely, of course! Everyone is entitled to their opinion and should be treated with respect. (If need be, check out the how to have healthy debates guidelines for more).

While we're happy to grant the leniency that was requested about allowing discussions to go beyond Pet Peeves, please keep in mind that this is still the Pet Peeves topic. Non-pet peeves discussions should be kept brief, be related to a pet peeve and if a fellow poster suggests the discussion may be taken to Chit Chat or otherwise tries to course-correct the topic, we ask that you don't dismiss them. They may have a point.

• Start Topic

50 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

One doc thought it was some sort of inflammatory disease, but the latest doc believes it could be related to her kidney failure issues.  Not getting enough hydration.

Can you give her subQ fluids?  That will help with hydration, which will help with constipation (very common in cats with CKD).  If you want to try that, swing by the Pets thread and ask for feedback - there are several of us with experience.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Can you give her subQ fluids?  That will help with hydration, which will help with constipation (very common in cats with CKD).  If you want to try that, swing by the Pets thread and ask for feedback - there are several of us with experience.

I know, I've hijacked this thread, sorry folks.  We talked about it, she doesn't feel it necessary quite yet, based on a couple of other blood values.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

My smoke detector with the built in battery croaked in the middle of the night two years before it was supposed to.  It was making that shrieking sound that would tell me it was time to get a new one.  It was supposed to last ten years, and it lasted eight.  If that isn't bad enough, it happened at 2:00am this morning.  I kept trying to reset the damn thing, but it kept on making that shrieking sound which meant it had to be replaced, so I permanently disabled it.  Those things need to come with something that muffles the sound.  There has to be a better option than putting my hand over the speaker while I am trying to deal with the damn thing.

Smoke detectors always die at 2:00 am.  Never any other time. I think the manufacturer puts some sort of clock in there to make sure that's the caase.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
11 minutes ago, Sweedish Fish said:

My smoke detector was making that horrible chirping sound for awhile, I finally got rid of it - only to have my African Grey Parrot imitate it for years after when she wanted to annoy me..  😬

Sorry to laugh at this, but as a senior citizen who has never owned a home, and having had to move 10 times in 30 years, and having therefore destroyed at least 10 chirping smoke detectors while precariously perched on step stools, chairs, and ladders at 2am, thank you and your parrot 🦜 for a hard-earned chuckle. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 9/30/2020 at 7:54 PM, saber5055 said:

this is a frequent topic of conversation among dog people as "it" is an indicator of a dog's health.

Not only for dogs, but humans.  My nutrition consultant wandered into a crowd of vegans at an event and he was shocked at how proud these people were about how many times they'd poop in a given day!  One guy bragged it was SIX times!  OK, TMI fella!

@saber5055 I see you have a bouncing Beardie!  Is that your show breed of choice?  

Pet peeve:  When something happens in a store (or the street), you bump into someone by accident, you apologize, and the other party never says a word!  I HATE it when they can't be bothered to say, "Oh, it's OK", or "Sorry, I beg your pardon!".  They just move on as if they're entitled!  Manners anyone??

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, magicdog said:

ot only for dogs, but humans.  My nutrition consultant wandered into a crowd of vegans at an event and he was shocked at how proud these people were about how many times they'd poop in a given day!  One guy bragged it was SIX times!  OK, TMI fella!

What happens in the bathroom stays in the bathrrom.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Big time problem here with one of mine as well.  She gets fiber powder in her food daily, as well as 3ml of a laxitive liquid.  I've had to take her to vet for an enema.  Poor baby. 😼💩

Just curious - what do you feed her?  

11 minutes ago, magicdog said:

@saber5055 I see you have a bouncing Beardie!  Is that your show breed of choice?  

Actually, it's a PBGV. His perplexed expression matches mine. PB is my second breed so I only have a few. I got my first when I was professionally handling and a client no longer wanted hers. I was thrilled to take that dog off her hands.

The African Gray miming the smoke detector reminds me of this week's story about the potty-mouth birds that had to be removed from an English zoo. Potty-mouth parrots. A friend had a parrot who would call her by name, in her husband's voice, to come into the room where the bird lived. She fell for it every time, much to the bird's delight (I guess).

26 minutes ago, magicdog said:

Pet peeve:  When something happens in a store (or the street), you bump into someone by accident, you apologize, and the other party never says a word! 

Or when you hold the door open for someone and he/she just walks through like royalty w/o a word. I always say "You're welcome" to their backs.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Actually, it's a PBGV.

Interesting!  They're not too common in the US and only recently accepted by the AKC.  

6 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Or when you hold the door open for someone and he/she just walks through like royalty w/o a word. I always say "You're welcome" to their backs.

YES!

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, magicdog said:

They're not too common in the US and only recently accepted by the AKC. 

AKC added the PB to the Hound group in 1991. I had been watching the breed before then, and was thrilled to be hired to show and finish championships on several after they were approved. They are highly active and use their "voice" freely, which works well in my household. But they are not for everyone. The saying goes, they are so cute so you don't kill them. They are The Happy Hound, also known as The Jolly Trickster, my name for the breed.

Apologies for "dropping in" and going  OT.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

Actually, it's a PBGV. His perplexed expression matches mine. PB is my second breed so I only have a few. I got my first when I was professionally handling and a client no longer wanted hers. I was thrilled to take that dog off her hands.

The African Gray miming the smoke detector reminds me of this week's story about the potty-mouth birds that had to be removed from an English zoo. Potty-mouth parrots. A friend had a parrot who would call her by name, in her husband's voice, to come into the room where the bird lived. She fell for it every time, much to the bird's delight (I guess).

It used to break my heart when my son was a kid. I was trying to teach him good manners so he always held the door for people and the number of times they'd just sail past him was maddening.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, magicdog said:

I must be thinking of another breed, but I could have sworn it was the PBGV!  Sorry!

My pet peeve is that time flies, and something I thought was last year really happened five or 10 years ago. So I'm good with your statement!

22 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

It used to break my heart when my son was a kid. I was trying to teach him good manners so he always held the door for people and the number of times they'd just sail past him was maddening.

Well, at least your son got a lesson in some people are jerks. And good on you for teaching him what's right and polite.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I had someone do that to me (the sarcastic "you're welcome") on my way in to work one morning.  Problem was, I actually had given them the smile/nod/thanks thing, but apparently my voice wasn't projecting well enough that early in the day.  Ruined my day 😞

4 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I feel the same when you're driving, and stop (holding back traffic usually) to allow someone to exit a drive or parking lot, when it's clear they'll be there for a week if you don't do it, and they just drive away with no acknowledgement.  I don't do it for the nod, but it would be nice.

• Love 5

My cats chew on their toys and raw chicken necks and Matatabi chew sticks (a bit like catnip). So far so good. I have noticed some damage to my webcam cable, though. Oddly enough, not the numerous other cables hanging off the back of my computer. Chewing on a towel is also popular. That, I don't mind so much.

Pooping 6 times a day does not sound healthy to me. For any kind of animal.

• Love 1

This is a pet peeve I have had for a long time. My next door neighbor has several grand kids. For the last 5 months or so they have all been living there.  He is a race car driver for a hobby. He puts those kids, I'd say 4, 6 & 9, years old on the top of his pick up truck rack and races around the yard or on the  flat of a flat bed truck towed behind his truck, as fast as he can go. They are laughing and trying to stand up as Grandpa speeds through the field. Who does that? Today he was racing around on a motor bike with one of the kids holding on...no helmet...this is a bumpy dirt road... I am afraid one of these days he is going to kill one of his grand kids.

5 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

I had someone do that to me (the sarcastic "you're welcome") on my way in to work one morning.  Problem was, I actually had given them the smile/nod/thanks thing, but apparently my voice wasn't projecting well enough that early in the day.  Ruined my day 😞

It happened to my sister & me (& we were brought up to always say thank you for rides to school from neighbors, someone holding a door open, etc). We were trying to get her little, wandering grandson out the door of a restaurant & passed two men. One of them snottily said, "You're welcome". We were still dealing with a squirming tot but I turned and gave him The Look. I'm sorry but holding open a door does not require someone to thank you. I don't expect it when I hold a door open for others--it's just a helpful thing to do. So, maybe the folks who didn't say thank you were distracted like we were, or in a deep funk. As the song suggests, Let It Go.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, annzeepark914 said:

So, maybe the folks who didn't say thank you were distracted like we were, or in a deep funk.

My mom didn't like it when people held doors open for her. "They're only doing it because they think I'm old!"  She was in her 80's, so I'm not sure what her definition of "old" was! I felt bad that people who were really trying to be nice and polite got the business end of her angry stare.

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, Nordly Beaumont said:

My mom didn't like it when people held doors open for her. "They're only doing it because they think I'm old!"  She was in her 80's, so I'm not sure what her definition of "old" was! I felt bad that people who were really trying to be nice and polite got the business end of her angry stare.

We must be sisters

• Love 1
8 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I wish I could break my cat's habit of destructive chewing, but nothing I do seems to work.  He is seven years old and it is almost like second nature for him to go immediately and chew something he shouldn't.

You could spray the item with cinnamon or pepper or peppermint.  Something to discourage them from a specific item you don't want chewed, and catnip on things you want them to chew/play with.

9 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

100% canned, no dry, no treats (any more).

I think you might want to try a holistic veterinarian.  Some even make house calls!  I have also heard of many pets having issues solved with the prey or barf diet (raw grass fed and finished meat mixed with ground bone) .  Holistic vets are more open to alternate methods of treatment that most might not think of otherwise.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Why is it necessary to oil cucumbers?  How am I supposed to clean off my hands after grabbing those oily things?

The produce aisle is full of items that are hybridized and decorated for your eyes!  They create fruit and veggies to look pretty and shiny so we'd be more attracted to them.  Unfortunately, that makes many of them unhealthy!   These are not the produce aisles our grandmas used to shop in.

I have used products like FIT veggie wash to get stuff off of produce but I have found that (non stabilized) hydrogen peroxide works as well.  Plus the extra oxygen makes them last a bit longer in the fridge.  Fill a sink with cold filtered water, put in about a cup or two of peroxide and gently scrub.  Rinse and dry.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

@icemiser69 about the cucumbers I’m with you.  In fact I haven’t bought cucumbers in ages because they are waxy and have little taste.  My parents had a garden for years and grew them.  Those were the only cucumbers I’d eat since they had some taste to them.  Although it is too late for this year I’d suggest trying out a farmers market next year to see if there are fresher ones there.  

I pay plenty for my cable access too.  I had Comcast up until a few years ago and they had been moving some channels I was paying for in to higher tiers.  They were ones I didn’t watch much anyway so it wasn’t a big deal.  Did my bill go down?  No.   I switched to Verizon when they came to my neighborhood and so far there’s been a few channels that were available on higher tiers that were made available on my lower tier.  Can’t say I watch those particular channels much but ...yay?
So I guess a pet peeve is all of these streaming services and still paying $$$ for cable -  I have a particular annoyance toward CBS All Access - they already have an over the air network, to make people pay extra to get the new stuff they decide to put on a pay service only is greedy.  I guess I could add Peacock to that as well. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
57 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I used to have a vegetable garden but haven't had one in years.  For some strange reason the deer and slugs thought that the garden was just for them.  Plus there was that one year when I had so much rain, the tomatoes would explode in my hand while taking them off the plants.   It was like tomato skin filled with water.  A very fragile water balloon.

Speaking of slugs, the slug bait I put down doesn't last very long.  During a hard rain it dissolves into nothing.

My Dad told me he used to set out some beer to catch the slugs.  They’d die happy.  😊

In the years my parents had their garden I don’t recall problems with too much rain and the tomatoes having too much water.  There was one year where squirrels were a problem - you know, taking a bite out of a tomato then moving on to a new tomato and doing the same thing. IIRC the solution was some netting that I think did the trick.  There may have been a brief problem with deer but they had a fenced in backyard and the deer in the part of NJ where they lived then aren’t as rampant as in other parts of the state like where I live.  One day I’d like to have a garden - if I can finally find a full time job and a place where I can plant stuff!

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Seems like a waste of beer.  I have some old hard soda that went flat, I wonder if that would work?

Sounds like the hard soda is worth a try.  I don’t know the whole story about how much or how often my Dad left the beer out.  It might have been a one time thing, I’m pretty sure he left it in a small tin and it didn’t take much to finish the slug off.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Can I use that on apples as well, and still eat the apple skin without having any issues?

You can, although the key to avoiding issues is to use organic produce.  When I say organic, I mean ones that have never been exposed to herbicides, pesticides, commercial fertilizer and fungicides.  Those get deep into the fruit or veggie that's grown in it.  You can never completely wash it away.  Always double check with your produce manager or your local farmer's market or local farmer.      

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I used to have a vegetable garden but haven't had one in years.  For some strange reason the deer and slugs thought that the garden was just for them.  Plus there was that one year when I had so much rain, the tomatoes would explode in my hand while taking them off the plants.   It was like tomato skin filled with water.  A very fragile water balloon.

Speaking of slugs, the slug bait I put down doesn't last very long.  During a hard rain it dissolves into nothing.

The one and only time I tried to raise tomatoes, I soon discovered that I was a very talented aphid farmer.  

• LOL 5
41 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

The one and only time I tried to raise tomatoes, I soon discovered that I was a very talented aphid farmer.  

I'm apparently a very talented squirrel feeder.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 9/30/2020 at 11:45 PM, supposebly said:

Cat owner here, and I have to agree. Not really so great for listening to but I also have been known to praise my cats for pooping. One of mine has a bit of a constipation issue and I get concerned. So when there is poop, I get excited. Yes, that's what pet ownership can do to you. I dare people with children to laugh!

I've been known to do that too, when one of my two cats is having some litter box issues.  I will peek around the corner when I hear the scratching in the box and if they produce, it's a big 'that's a nice poop for mommy!  Good girl!'  Of course, the cat just ignores me and walks on by. 

Pet peeve:  Why can't I go a week without some part of my house (or something in it) breaking down?  It's always something.  To get to the main entrance of my house (which leads to the carport.  The front door is rarely used, except at Halloween for trick or treaters), I have to go through the laundry room.  Yesterday, as I was passing through it smelled 'damp' (actually it smelled a little like wet cardboard or paper).  I knew immediately what was wrong.  Every three or four years, the drain that my washing machine drains into will start to clog up and it overflows onto the floor behind the washer/dryer.  It's a real pain, because I've had to call the plumber to come in and flush it out.  However, this time I'm going to try alternating boiling water and using some of those 'enzyme-based' drain cleaners to see if the clog will clear.  It's not totally clogged, because I found that if I do a small load of clothes and hit 'pause' during the drain cycle when the water starts to overflow into the little pan set into the wall, the water will drain out.  Then after about 30 seconds, I hit 'go' and alternate this until the water has drained.  (I was perched on the dryer so I could peer over the back of the washer and use a flashlight to see when it would overflow.  It wasn't too bad--I had a book to read. 🙂 ) It's definitely not something I want to do for a long time, but I'm okay with doing it for a week or so to see if I can get the clog to go away.  If not, at least I tried and then I can call the plumber. I do know that the blockage is pretty close to the washing machine end, because it starts to overflow almost immediately and I'm not having any problems with other sink drains, toilets, etc.  Which is a little bit of good news, I guess.  I have to take some blame, though, because if i had been using some of the enzyme cleaner regularly as a preventative I might have avoided the problem (and I wonder if doing some loads with hot water would have helped wash down any soap scum.  I wash in cold water, since my clothes don't generally get really dirty). At least I have some work clothes washed for next week and won't have to worry about those. 

Edited by BooksRule
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

The one time I tried to massacre the tomatoes, I discovered that I was supreme tomato grower in all the lands.

Apparently the trick to seeding a field of tomatoes is trying to take out a couple plants with a lawn mower and then do nothing for a couple years.  Then poof tomatoes everywhere.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Since I’m nor commuting to my office, I’ve been sleeping in until 7 or so, and not starting work until 8-8:30 most days. I am on sabbatical for a month, and have woken up around 5:45 both mornings. I can sleep as late as I want but no, now my body wants to get up nice and early. The upside is that I made French toast sticks from scratch for breakfast.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

Since I’m nor commuting to my office, I’ve been sleeping in until 7 or so, and not starting work until 8-8:30 most days. I am on sabbatical for a month, and have woken up around 5:45 both mornings. I can sleep as late as I want but no, now my body wants to get up nice and early. The upside is that I made French toast sticks from scratch for breakfast.

That's always how it goes.  😏

• Love 4

I just planted a whole bunch of flower bulbs, I am tired.   I hope the squirrels don't dig them up and run off to plant them somewhere else.  I still have to cut my hedge from the neighbor's side.  They have company and I really don't want to go anywhere near them.  People come and go at that neighbor's house and no one seems to be wearing a mask.

I must have planted eighty bazillion tulip bulbs in my life. They never come up. I don't know if it's squirrels or thrips or what. Everything else I grow does just fine.

• Useful 1
11 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Since I’m nor commuting to my office, I’ve been sleeping in until 7 or so, and not starting work until 8-8:30 most days.

I work from home (even pre-pandemic) and start around 10:00, so I get up around 10:00 -- a 7:00 a.m. wake-up time is a nightmare to me, not sleeping in.  I definitely did not inherit my sleep cycle from either of my parents; they wake up between 6-7 (sleeping in; pre-retirement it was something obscene like 4:30).  So Thanksgiving (when we go camping in their motorhome) is not fun in the mornings; when they come out into the living area, I shuffle into the bedroom, but it takes me a while to fall back asleep.

In other first world problems, my peeve for today is that I have no morning game on FOX, so I'm stuck with Chargers/Bucs until the Rams/Giants game.  I guess I could go get some yard work done instead of sitting here with my Bloody Mary watching a game I don't care about, but that's just crazy talk.

Edited by Bastet
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

I've mentioned this briefly here and there; my boyfriend went on his annual guys' trip to the Pennsylvania wilderness (I actually don't know where it is) to someone's grandmother's cabin last week with friends from college [grumble grumble middle of a pandemic grumble]. He grew up in PA. It's like a nine-hour drive up there. He's coming home today but I only knew to expect him about 6pm.

He didn't text me when he left nor did I hear from him all day. I expected him to text here and there when he stopped along the way. So it got to be 3pm...then 4pm...and I started worrying. I called him and his phone went to voicemail. He finally texted me back when I was in the shower at 5:30. He's still in VA on his way and was slowed by construction. Just let a worrying woman know! Both of us spent many, many years alone, so we're not used to checking in with someone, but still!

I realized during this panic session that I don't have any contact info for anyone in his family, so I'm going to have to remedy that. He's got my mom's number.

Edited by bilgistic
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, bilgistic said:

I've mentioned this briefly here and there; my boyfriend went on his annual guys' trip to the Pennsylvania wilderness (I actually don't know where it is) to someone's grandmother's cabin last week with friends from college [grumble grumble middle of a pandemic grumble]. He grew up in PA. It's like a nine-hour drive up there. He's coming home today but I only knew to expect him about 6pm.

He didn't text me when he left nor did I hear from him all day. I expected him to text here and there when he stopped along the way. So it got to be 3pm...then 4pm...and I started worrying. I called him and his phone went to voicemail. He finally texted me back when I was in the shower at 5:30. He's still in VA on his way and was slowed by construction. Just let a worrying woman know! Both of us spent many, many years alone, so we're not used to checking in with someone, but still!

I realized during this panic session that I don't have any contact info for anyone in his family, so I'm going to have to remedy that. He's got my mom's number.

Before my husband was my husband, we had more than one er, discussion, about this very thing.  He was so scheduled and reliable, that when he was even 30 minutes late from work, I would worry.  One evening, his birthday, he was a couple of hours late.  Went to the pub with a couple friends after work, yadda yadda yadda. (This was pre-cell phones, but the damn bar had a phone!)  Anyway, I told him that there wasn't one thing in his wallet, car, or on his person that would let someone know to call me should he wrap himself around a tree.  He didn't leave the house again without an In case of emergency card in his wallet, with my contact info.  

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, bilgistic said:

Both of us spent many, many years alone, so we're not used to checking in with someone, but still!

If I'd already said I'd be home around 6:00, the only reason I would text (well, call in my case, since I don't text) would be if I was going to be significantly late; otherwise, it would never occur to me to send updates along the way, or that my lack of doing so would cause worry.

It's weird he waited so long to tell you he'd been delayed, since you live together (just in case you had something planned based on the 6-ish arrival time).  And he should have answered when you called -- is it possible his phone went to voicemail because he was in an area without cell service at the time (since you said he's coming back from the wilderness)?

Anyway, at least you know he's okay and he knows that in the future a text or two along the way would keep you from worrying.  If he does it again, he's in big trouble!

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 4

We usually text each other a couple times a day even now. When he was gone, we'd text each other "good morning" and "good night", etc., and he mentioned how it was like before we lived together. So to not get anything from him all day was unusual and made me worry. It's all good now.

• Love 4

That reminds me.  I need to get a leaf antenna for my TV that’s by a window and facing in the right direction (I think) to pick up the FOX sub-channel that Decades is airing on in NYC.  After about a year or so of it being available Verizon still has not picked it up despite adding some sub channel garbage from both of the local CBS and NBC stations that consist of reruns of shows about home improvement that I have no interest in.  I want Decades! 

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Decades daytime and night time lineups have dramatically improved.

Peeves:

MeTV is horribly repetitive with very little change in their line up.

LightTV is horrible, nothing on the network is the least bit interesting.

StartTV has repetitive dramas all with female leads.  How about mixing it up a bit?

I don’t watch MeTV that much mainly because their line up is stagnant.  
I don’t get LightTV but with a quick lookup I discovered it’s something I wouldn’t watch if I did have it.  What’s interesting in my area it’s also a FOX-NY sub channel so there might be something else going on with why we don’t have it.  I do get Movies! which I do like to watch from time to time (another FOX-NY sub channel)

I avoid StartTV because of its programming - I have enough of the Lifetime channels to fill that niche - plus it replaced Decades when the CBS owned and operated stations launched the channel.  Decades has a nice variety of programming that I like.  

• Useful 1
On 10/3/2020 at 11:11 AM, icemiser69 said:

I don't understand why some people won't wear helmets. 

The same reason some people refuse to wear masks - it's 'Murica and you can't tell them what to do - health, safety, and common sense be damned!

Edited by SweetSable
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

I did get the hedge cut, but when I went over to my neighbor's side of the yard to cut it, she had two old dudes with potty mouths putting up a shed.   I gave her ample notice that I wanted to cut that side of the hedge, but apparently she didn't think I would have a problem with Statler and Waldorf throwing the "f" word around like it was going out of style, and they weren't that far from me which was even more concerning.  With the virus going around and my absurdly high blood pressure, I wanted to get the hedge cut and get away from those two dudes as quickly as possible.

We need two more emojis to choose from. An anger one (which I would have used here) and a vomiting one. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Peeve:

Television series that strip out the original music when they are shown in syndication and/or put on dvd.

I was binge watching Cheers on Decades yesterday, and in one of the episodes the The Bobby Fuller Four were stripped out of an episode of Cheers and some generic crap music was put in its place.  In that episode, Sam was teasing Rebecca about her boyfriend being sent to prison.  So when the episode originally aired, Sam was playing "I fought the Law" on the jukebox and mocking her.  I don't know what the song was replaced with, but it sure did suck.

In another episode (Halloween)  Bobby 'Boris' Pickett (Monster Mash) should have been playing on the jukebox and over the phone, but again that music was replaced with some awful generic crap.

BTW, if you get Decades, tonight late night they are starting from the first episode to air Taxi, and Cheers.

It's all about the $$Benjamins$$

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

We need two more emojis to choose from. An anger one (which I would have used here) and a vomiting one. 

There isn't a vomit or anger reaction to choose from among like, sad, surprise, etc., no, but you can easily put those emojis (and oodles more) in a post by clicking on the smiley face in the options bar at the top of your post; that will bring up a shit ton of emojis to choose from.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Decades daytime and night time lineups have dramatically improved.

Peeves:

MeTV is horribly repetitive with very little change in their line up.

LightTV is horrible, nothing on the network is the least bit interesting.

StartTV has repetitive dramas all with female leads.  How about mixing it up a bit?

Decades can bite me. They took away Dark Shadows and stuck it in the middle of the fucking night.

Television series that strip out the original music when they are shown in syndication and/or put on dvd.

That's one of the reasons they don't bother to show Northern Exposure and WKRP any more. Too much music and the cheap bastards won't pay for it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1