Type keyword(s) to search

Casting Speculation & Wish List

• Start Topic

I don't necessarily want anymore actresses, but I also won't mind if there are. It's reflective of the city where the show takes place. And you'd be hard-pressed not to find a willing reality show participant who hasn't done acting at some point. Casting current/former/failed actresses is sort of like putting an Italian-American on RHONJ.

• Love 2
(edited)

Kyle should be careful asking for more as they could clean house. Lisa V won't have to worry she's got VPR.

To me Bravo gets off light what they pay the RH.  I am not saying their talent is reason for more money but in this the 3 1/2 year article it is astounding what Bravo makes off these franchises.  Half a billion way back then?  So if you take the collective of say 7 RH for the 4 franchises and pay them each $1 million it has little effect on the bottom line.  http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/real-housewives-bravo-andy-cohen-cover-278072

We know from court records Tamra Judge made $600,000.00 for last season.  That is the only salary where proof has been provided via a contract.  I divide the RH into two groups-those who will perish or really need the RH salary-Brandi, Tamra, Teresa, Ramona, LuAnn, Sonja. Melissa, Jacqueline, Kristen, Kim, Vicki (I saw her divorce settlement) Lizzie the entire Atlanta cast -including Kandi to keep her fame hungry family fed and especially Nene vs the Kyle, Bethenny Lisa Vanderpump, Eileen, LisaR, Dorinda,  Heather, Heather, Carole, (I think she does need the money but too cool to admit-she might have to finish a book), the baseball wives, Shannon.  The ones who need the money are far more worried about being picked up than doing any hardball negotiating.  Take the latter group and they are the negotiators.  They want the job, they pay the price for humiliation and if they weren't getting a check it wouldn't be the end of the world but in many instances Kyle, Vanderpump, Bethenny, Heather T., rely and flourish on the exposure for their continuing enterprises.  So they may not be saying pay me a million they may be saying I want guarantee two events in my restaurants, or an event in my store, or be surrounded in Skinny Girl in every scene.  Heather T. pretty much lost her Yummie Tummie exposure because she is currently involved in litigation and among the affirmative defenses is alleging Heather is using the lawsuit as a storyline.

After having said that I don't think a Lisa V. can walk in and say, "I want 5 million or I walk."    NY went on a long hiatus between season 5 and 6 over salaries and the franchise never really recovered.  Part of it was salary demands.  The BH crew have always had agents and managers and kept their negotiations arm's length according to Andy Cohen.

So as they cast the new season I think the focus becomes on who will stir up the drama.  They may need a recycled reality star - not a Kendra but perhaps Eddie Murphy's ex.  Of course the biggest catch of all, from a reality TV show standpoint and it would not have to be a fulltime RH would be Caitlyn Jenner.  Doesn't need the money but would probably love the exposure.

I think they need another producer's wife.  Yolanda had a great pedigree.  I fully expect Yolanda to return or be featured during filming. 

BH is the one franchise where I believe the only one going on and on about money was Brandi.  I also think Brandi planted the story about how much Eileen made.  I think producers needed Brandi to be angry at Eileen.  They used the alleged infidelity between Vince and Eileen was weak and hurtful to their child so that was a bad choice.  Tell Brandi someone is making a boatload of money or doesn;t have to work as hard as she does and she will go into a drama war.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 3

I am wondering with the collective celebrities the remaining cast knows maybe they will focus on a lot of fabulous events and such.  They have four remaining with Yolanda on injured reserve.  Maybe it will be more of  fluff year.

I would love a year of fluff and glamour -- trips and openings, gossip of course. I wish Joyce could return because she had potential -- beautiful, rich, important husband, sass. And I find myself yearning for a slightly chubby woman (not Kathy nor Roseanne), someone rich and pampered, perhaps. 

• Love 2

I'd prefer a casting agent..or a producer as a housewife. .even if it's for an indie movie. Seeing the burbank film festival scenes this past season were fun.

Good call.  I was think of someone married to a producer and I guess we had that with Joyce.  Better to have the woman be the power broker.

• Love 1

I think they need another climber, someone like a Brandi or a Taylor.  It's risky, because of how dark those characters can get, but to me part of the story of this area is a desperation to keep and retain fame, and I think that needs to be reflected in the show somehow.  I suppose a recycled realty star could do it- someone low-tier with a taste of fame but nothing real- but it'd be nice if they could find someone a little bit fresher. 

• Love 1

I would like to see Joyce again - she didn't get enough of a chance. Enjoyed her fashion sense and heritage, and would like to see more of how Joyce and her husband (imo an intelligent, decent, charming guy) merge their cultural backgrounds in their own family.

Denise Richards (friend of Lisa R) would be interesting - but, considering the continuous drama with her insane ex, I wonder if the network would take the risk.

• Love 3

I would like to see Joyce again - she didn't get enough of a chance. Enjoyed her fashion sense and heritage, and would like to see more of how Joyce and her husband (imo an intelligent, decent, charming guy) merge their cultural backgrounds in their own family.

Denise Richards (friend of Lisa R) would be interesting - but, considering the continuous drama with her insane ex, I wonder if the network would take the risk.

IMO they'd be more interested in Denise if she got back together with him. 

• Love 1

IMO they'd be more interested in Denise if she got back together with him.

I don't know if their lawyers would go for it - Sheen's kind of drama is creepy and possibly dangerous.
  • Love 1

I agree with the previous poster who mentioned Marilu Henner. She would provide a great insight into her healthy lifestyle.

I don't know if she would do it, but if Bravo is reading this, Mike Fleiss is married to Laura now. She was Miss America a few years ago and just had a baby. It might not be possible with him being the Bachelor producer, but they live in Malibu.

With all of LisaV's connections I would love it if they brought on a uber fabulous lesbian couple to really bring everyone into the 21st century!

For that to work well, I think one of them should be at least somewhat well known and already have a following -- just to get it started well. 

Ooh, good call on Jennie Garth. I bet you that would tweak Tori a bit too even though they're friends. Tiffani Amber Thiessen could be interesting too.

There really could/should be a real housewives of Malibu at this point.

I would have loved to see that!

If they'd created it two years ago they would've been able to cast Eileen (still lives there); Yolanda (has since moved to an apartment in downtown Los Angeles - still owns the gorgeous Malibu mansion but is renting it out for $60k/month); Cindy Crawford (sold her holiday home there recently); Camille Grammer (house is still on the market at the same price it was a year ago), and Shannen Doherty to name just a few.  What a cast these ladies would be!

Having Tiffani and Jennie on the same show would be interesting ... they were friends but had a massive falling out and have never spoken again.

Edited by Twinkle7
  • Love 1

BuddyTV has their S6 casting wish list up.

BuddyTV RHOBH S6

I didn't realise LV was launching a homewares line.  I must be about the only person who can't stand her.  I'm pleased the writer agrees it's time for her to go.

True what the article states about Brandi's wine-tossing vs Lisa's glass-slamming ... the latter was far worse, yet brushed under the carpet - for what reason, exactly?

I don't believe that Yolanda's health issues are quite as bad as she's saying (she may be sick, but I don't think she's THAT sick, nor do I believe she only had one good day during that season - she was in high spirits a number of times that I saw) - although she wasn't 100% at the reunion, she could still sit, talk, listen - but I'm pleased she's off the show as she's a bit too 'me, me me' for my liking - and pretty boring.  I wonder how they'll introduce the singer, who's reportedly a 'friend' of Yo and David?

I agree with the writer's observations about Eileen.  Maybe she was just playing the role of 'observer' last season and will take on a whole new character this season?

I disagree with the writer's opinion about Kyle.  I'm in the minority who likes her.  And she will never go - she was instrumental in the role getting going in the first place, with a lot of the cast either known to her, or recommended by her.  (IIRC LV said she recruited Adrienne but that's not true - Adrienne was known to Kyle prior).  The show needs Kyle to survive IMO.  And judging by the survey results in that article, it seems others would agree.

• Love 1

It is nerve wracking to get on the site.  I think the writer is very young and the votes don't support her choices.  I just don't see Bravo dropping Kyle and I think it was a waste of a candidate.  At this time she is the only doing any PR for them.  If I had to predict I think Brandi is going to do a Season 4 Lisa Vanderpump and try and tease us with whether or not she can return because of the treatment she suffered at the hands of others.  I am guessing Brandi is at the end of her first three year contract.  Her unpopularity may not translate into big $$$$.  I don't see E! doing a one and one with Brandi or inviting her to co-host again (she was awful last year kept looking at the wrong camera).

I wondered if all the 'guest hosts' were put there on trial to determine who would replace Giuliana (before Maria came into the picture).

Brandi is dreadful in TV interviews as well - on Ricki Lake, she was nervous and fidgety and when the show went to commercial break, I could lip-read her saying to Ricki that she was so nervous and hoped she did okay (Ricki was saying 'Oh, you were fabulous').  She does not ooze the same confidence on other shows as she does on RHoBH.

I just want the Richard sisters GONE, they dominate every damn storyline, and I am so very very bored with it.

I want to see women act and react without Kyle's influence too.

Lipsa (she's a raging nutcase, with secrets, keep her, but remove her diversions)

Lisa V  (she's become a bit boring, but with a newer cast, I think she could still bring it.)

Eileen  (She would really have to step it up, and stop with the rehearsed lines stolen from her soaps (How DARE you?) but give her another chance.

Yolanda (I'd love for her to stay, but she's probably too sick.  I think David will dump her soon, so maybe?)

Fire the rest, and go for all new blood.  Surely there must be out of work actresses by the dozen who need a job?  Find a few, especially a couple of younger ones. 

In other words this show needs a face lift.  Remove the Richard sisters' cancer and let's see what happens.

I know Yolanda is David's fourth wife, but I've heard that the wives do the dumping, not him.  Curiously, Linda Thompson would not disclose why she filed for divorce, and the whole thing - proceedings and settlement - was over quick-smart with no fuss.  There must be some delicious tea there!  (Plus, they still write songs together).

David would be an absolute fool to ditch Yolanda - she thinks the world of him and he's probably never had it so good.

Yolanda apparently filed for divorce from Mohammed after she caught him fooling around, so I think the rumours about David playing up are just that - rumours.  She's a strong character and I doubt she'd take any BS from anyone (even though she does come across as a little dull).  I do like Yolanda - and I absolutely adore her beautiful home in Malibu - but I still stand by what I say in that I don't think she's as sick as she's making out.  Sure, she has something, but her accounts don't quite stack up.  Even her Instagram proves that she's been well enough to travel and get out and about.

How interesting was it that Leeza Gibbons was at Brandi's housewarming last season - and she knew Lisa V?  Lisa V seems to know almost everyone.

(As an aside ... I wonder how it is that Ken is richer than Lisa V, and why it is that she brands everything 'Vanderpump' when her married name is Todd ... it just seems strange?).

Leeza Gibbons would be an interesting 'friend' addition from time to time, but she's not really relevant anymore to bring a huge amount of interest.

Nancy O'dell would be interesting - she always seems so perfect ... I'd love to see another side to her.

Why did Tiffani and Jennie fall out?

Allegedly Tiffani hooked up with one of Jennie's husbands but then Tiffani intimated in a relatively recent interview that she's forgiven Jennie for whatever it was that she did ... so who knows.

It would be nice to have a little diversity on this show - the one "brown" housewife got axed pretty quickly. I've been to Beverly Hills a few times - not every woman is white or, for that matter, straight.

They need an exotic Persian lady

• Love 1

Get rid of Brandi and give Joyce a decent chance.

I thought Joyce was very sweet.  Brandi really stirred the pot with her (as she did with everyone) ... but telling Gigi that Joyce was jealous of her was just BS.  Joyce seemed to genuinely like other women and seemed like she would be a good friend.  I imagine she and Eileen would get on well.  Joyce is probably too good for this show though.  Last I heard, she was producing (I think?) a Latino version of the show.

• Love 4

I've just had a thought of someone who would be 100% perfect for this franchise - but I doubt she'd do it:

Kathy Ireland !

• Internet entrepreneur / retailer
  • (One of the most beautiful - ever) model
  • Actress
  • Author
  • Humanitarian
  • Accomplished speaker
  • Fitness video star
  • Dancing with the Stars Alumni
  • Apparently worth $350m (!!!! - makes Lisa V look poor)

Oh my goodness - she would give each and every one of the Housewives a run for their money - the drama would be delicious!

I saw her on TV a few years back ... she was doing something with one of her sons in the kitchen, and seemed incredibly normal and down to earth.  She'd be fabulous.

She could be introduced as a 'friend' of Lisa Rinna as she was on 'Dancing with the Stars' and 'Melrose Place' (before Lisa R's time, but I doubt anyone would care to research that).

Make it happen Andy!!

• Love 1

Camille Grammer Says She's 'Been Asked' to Return to Real Housewives of Beverly Hills 

Is an O.G. Real Housewives of Beverly Hills cast member returning to the show?

“It’s something I’ve been toying with the last three years,” Camille Grammer told reporters Saturday at the Family Equality Council’s 2017 Impact Awards in L.A. “I’ve been asked. Maybe next year, we’ll see. You know, after the reunion and after this season, and after casting, we’ll see how they feel about it. We’ll be back and we can all discuss it.”

• Love 1

I would like to see Eden's mother.  I am not sure that would work unless they let Eden go but she is the age group I would like to see.  Kathy Ireland is a smart beauty but what is she going to bring to the table?  She is going to be polite and controlled.  She has an image and business to protect.    

If they want to bring someone back I would go with Taylor. The reason- she is not calculated, haughty or cool like Camille.  There are more possibilities that she would be a lighter touch with her goofy unfiltered self and certainly cause drama.   

• Love 2
1 hour ago, editorgrrl said:

I kind of like the idea of this.

38 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I would like to see Eden's mother.  I am not sure that would work unless they let Eden go but she is the age group I would like to see.

I like this idea too. I remember watching Beverly with Vidal when I was young; they were very much part of the talk show circuit. I would be all for BH ousting everyone right now. Each of the cast is playing their own game and there's not enough natural animosity and/or affection for each other to make it interesting. If a few older women were cast (who truly had no f*cks to give) maybe that would help.

Who am I kidding. The only person who covers RH on social media who didn't rave about Carnie Wilson & suggest her as a new housewife was Andy. If he's so adamant about keeping an overweight woman off the show there's no way he's going to hire a bunch of olds. 

3 hours ago, chick binewski said:

Who am I kidding. The only person who covers RH on social media who didn't rave about Carnie Wilson & suggest her as a new housewife was Andy. If he's so adamant about keeping an overweight woman off the show there's no way he's going to hire a bunch of olds. 

Was her weight the issue or just her?  I don't like Carne.  If she is on a talk show subbing for a host (happens a lot),  I turn it off.  She repels me.  

• Love 2

Eileen looks to be the only main cast member from season seven in jeopardy.

Camille Tweeted the pic below as well as an additional post exclaiming "here we go again" with a diamond emoji.

Any idea who the chick on the left is?

Unconfirmed rumors are that Holly Marie Combs and Willa Ford are testing. 

image.jpeg

• Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:01 PM, wings707 said:

Was her weight the issue or just her?  I don't like Carne.  If she is on a talk show subbing for a host (happens a lot),  I turn it off.  She repels me.  

Size 2, 12 or 22 I don't care for CW either. She always seemed ON., loud, and playing for the camera. Just No.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, lunastartron said:

Camille Tweeted the pic below as well as an additional post exclaiming "here we go again" with a diamond emoji.

image.jpeg

I see what's her face is still in the thrall of that horrible glam squad. 

Is Holly Marie Combs still friendly enough with Shannen Doherty to get her to appear? Actually, just cast Shannen Doherty. 

Camille has an aspiring model daughter, so prepare yourselves for that. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, stewedsquash said:

I agree. Dorit is perfection in the sexy, outfit, shoes and her pose while what's her face is all Village People and thick stripper shoes. Aren't those thick soled shoes out of style now? Dorit, Rinna, and Camille look fabulous. As usual Kyle misses. Can't see anything of Lisa except that she is wearing a long pink gown. 

I am glad Eileen is gone because she is just too extra. Hope Rinna just lets things flow this season and doesn't create useless drama.

That's all I got.

Lisa V is in a knee length dress and Adrienne is in a long black gown. Yes, Erika does seem to be channeling the Village People and doing it badly IMO. The newbie next to Dorit forgot her hot pants/shorts, if she tries to move at all she will expose herself! LOL

• Love 6

I can imagine thirsty, roly-poly PK campaigning hard, lol.  He has nothing go on except to meddle in the women's business.

And running a coke den too, as well ;)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, stewedsquash said:

I agree. Dorit is perfection in the sexy, outfit, shoes and her pose while what's her face is all Village People and thick stripper shoes. Aren't those thick soled shoes out of style now? Dorit, Rinna, and Camille look fabulous. As usual Kyle misses. Can't see anything of Lisa except that she is wearing a long pink gown. 

I am glad Eileen is gone because she is just too extra. Hope Rinna just lets things flow this season and doesn't create useless drama.

That's all I got.

Don't know if they are out of style or not but several of them are wearing them in the pic.  If they are red soled I think they will keep them.

I won't get rid of the ones I have, and mine aren't red soled just to clarify. They are a godsend to us shorties.

• Love 2
(edited)
21 hours ago, lunastartron said:

image.jpeg

I see Rinna is sticking close to Erica with her hand up her ass to slip easily back into her lair. It's roomier now that Eileen's gone.

47 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Lisa V is in a knee length dress and Adrienne is in a long black gown. Yes, Erika does seem to be channeling the Village People and doing it badly IMO. The newbie next to Dorit forgot her hot pants/shorts, if sf she tries to move at all she will expose herself! he tries to move at all she will expose herself! LOL

Ah, Golum's twat has been there and done that and it is so last season.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 3
(edited)
55 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Lisa V is in a knee length dress and Adrienne is in a long black gown. Yes, Erika does seem to be channeling the Village People and doing it badly IMO. The newbie next to Dorit forgot her hot pants/shorts, if she tries to move at all she will expose herself! LOL

Adrienne is actually in a royal blue/cerulean dress of indeterminate length, I think. The black billows are from a wrap that's draped around Dorit's arms.

Why did Erika don the trappings from some low-budget 80s-era leather daddy Tom of Finland gay porn movie? 

3 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Is Holly Marie Combs still friendly enough with Shannen Doherty to get her to appear? Actually, just cast Shannen Doherty. 

Camille has an aspiring model daughter, so prepare yourselves for that. 

They're still besties. And from podcasts to which I've listened, Holly is actually more confrontational/take-no-shit than Shannen these days. It was she who mostly clapped back at Alyssa during the most recent installment of the Charmed feud. 

Still, I'd prefer Shannen, too, if she's healthy. 

2 hours ago, LizDC said:

Yup, I just saw this on Twitter. I'd have favored Elaine Irwin, even if she does love in Indiana.

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 3

Dorit is perfection in the sexy, outfit, shoes and her pose

She looks like she just took off her night robe to model some lingerie. And the crazy eyes are back...

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

I'm increasingly of the opinion that Erika is legally blind because there is no way that she looks in the mirror and thinks she looks good.

Actually, Erika's fashion problem is that her hair, makeup, wardrobe, and creative director are very experienced at putting together looks for musical tours. Unfortunately, they don't know how to style for regular everyday life. Additionally, Erika doesn't have a uniquely identifiable fashion style (other than "I want to look hot") like Tilda Swinton, Cate Blanchett, Rihanna, Sarah Jessica Parker, Janelle Monae, Fan Bingbing, Madonna, Cher, or even Mariah. The end result is that her glam squad puts her in unmemorable draggy body con outfits that look ludicrous in the real world. These are outfits that would be fine in a music video, on stage, or in a drag show, but they look dumb just hanging out at a restaurant with the other housewives.

• Love 9