Type keyword(s) to search

Casting Speculation & Wish List

• Start Topic

I'm not really interested in the younger ones.  Funny though we do get to see some of the housewives children who would fall into that category.  Besides, there's plenty of other reality shows in that age group.

Now, I would love to see a 65 plus woman.  If you watch Southern Charm, Whitney's mother, Patricia Altschul, is a true former NY socialite.  Lived on Fifth Ave. She moved to Charleston in 2008.  Here's some info on her late husband:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Altschul

Thanks for the info, I love Southern Charm.  Geez that guy was 76 when Patricia married him.

Faye Dunaway just was over at Kyle's for dinner.   I think some of them may feel daunted by high def.   

Jaime Lee Curtis?  She is 57 and looks and is married to someone who is funny.

• Love 4

Ohhh....if we must have sisters, how 'bout Melissa and Sara Gilbert?  Both very intelligent women who seem able to voice their opinions without becoming dirt bags. Sara is gay and married - a little diversity would be good - and might school the Hos and Andy on how NOT to talk about the LGBT community.

Melissa served as Pres of the SAG so she's got good Hollywood connections.

She could also fill us in on how when Kyle was on the Prairie, she taught Nellie Olsen every mean, dirty trick in the book.  ;-)

Can I modify this suggestion?  Melissa lives in Michigan now (plus, honestly and sadly given my love for LHOTP, she's pretty vapid), and Sara is too good for this show - but what about Nellie Olsen herself?  Alison Arngrim is HYSTERICAL, quick-witted, sharp, and way down to earth.  Her memoir, Confessions of A Prairie Bitch, was genuinely a good book.  I saw her speak live once, and she actually talked about the Housewives and Kyle - just to note that no older women in Hollywood can get work anymore, unless they're a Housewife.  I don't know if she'd do it, but she would be great.  

(She's also a very unusual Housewife in that she doesn't look starved to death, more like a normal 50 year old woman.  Which in Andy's eyes probably rules her out.  I wish Bravo would release his stranglehold on the franchise - he is the reason it took off, but right now, he's the main thing holding it back.)

• Love 14

I wish Bravo would release his stranglehold on the franchise - he is the reason it took off, but right now, he's the main thing holding it back.

While I don't care to see anyone from LHOTP I strongly agree with the above statement about Andy..

• Love 7

I wonder if Brandi is coming back.  They gave her the last finale update. I wonder if it was her swan song.  The lawsuit with Joanna must irk Andy.  

If she does come back, then they are going to have to bring on an ally for her.  Andy said that Carlton was never given a fair edit.  Carlton has been tweeting up a storm in the last few weeks. And she hates Kyle.  Maybe Leeza Gibbons?

Kim and Kyle are probably staying given the unresolved nature of their relationship.  Andy is evil that way.  

Lisa R is not getting into it with Kim and Eileen is still looking for resolution for Beast. Lol.  So funny.  "Beast!"  I mean we are here to snark.  "How dare you!"

Yo has got to move to Friend Of.  I think Vanderpump is moving on.  I hope she is.  The fact that she has a soft spot for Jax has tainted her for life for me.  Take your pink pussy and go.  How far she has fallen in my eyes.  Too bad she is still head and shoulders above the remaining.

• Love 7

I wonder if Brandi is coming back.  They gave her the last finale update. I wonder if it was her swan song.  The lawsuit with Joanna must irk Andy.  

If she does come back, then they are going to have to bring on an ally for her.  Andy said that Carlton was never given a fair edit.  Carlton has been tweeting up a storm in the last few weeks. And she hates Kyle.  Maybe Leeza Gibbons?

Kim and Kyle are probably staying given the unresolved nature of their relationship.  Andy is evil that way.  

Lisa R is not getting into it with Kim and Eileen is still looking for resolution for Beast. Lol.  So funny.  "Beast!"  I mean we are here to snark.  "How dare you!"

Yo has got to move to Friend Of.  I think Vanderpump is moving on.  I hope she is.  The fact that she has a soft spot for Jax has tainted her for life for me.  Take your pink pussy and go.  How far she has fallen in my eyes.  Too bad she is still head and shoulders above the remaining.

Carlton does seem to be lobbying to come back and has a bitty little diss about LvP.  Claims she did not stay in touch once Carlton didn't get asked back.  I can't imagine Kim, Brandi and Carlton as the power team and I do agree time for Yolanda to red shirt this next season.  Sitting on the side lines and cheerleading for Brandi is getting old.   

• Love 5

If LVP does leave, perhaps she'll be back for the final season? The HW franchise is about over, imo. Two more seasons and I think they'll put a fork in it and call it done. At least I hope so. I waste too much time watching these stupid shows! I have to counterbalance it by reading, spending time outdoors, and watching documentaries!

Carlton does seem to be lobbying to come back and has a bitty little diss about LvP.  Claims she did not stay in touch once Carlton didn't get asked back.  I can't imagine Kim, Brandi and Carlton as the power team and I do agree time for Yolanda to red shirt this next season.  Sitting on the side lines and cheerleading for Brandi is getting old.

OhGod, no. If they bring back Carlton, it will be easy for me to completely walk away from this show. I despise that Black Hole more than I do Brandi!
  • Love 6

If Carlton, Kim and Brandy are on next season I am gone. Giving any of them another season  just validates their behavior and it will be unchecked and worse next season.

If I had to choose one to stay it would be Brandi. God, please don't strike me dead but I am sick to death of "The Sisters" story and I don't give a single steamy shit about Kim Richards. Id' rather have them both go but if I had to choose one to push off the boat it would be Kim. besides won't she be busy with a lawsuit. Arf! Arf!

Carlton was a non-entity for me.

I didn't care for Joyce but at least she wasn't afraid of Brandy, called her on her BS and gave as good as she got. Taylor would be interesting to see again her circumstances have changed. Camille... not so interesting. Denise Richards might be interesting.

• Love 4

Kathy Griffin just quit the Fashion Police so she's available.  :)

I like her in a stand up or Fashion Police scenario but as a Ho, she would drive me insane.  She's too frenetic.  She's Bethenny amped up 50%. 

I wonder if her mom is still alive.  I loved her mom when she was on My Life on the D List.  She was just naturally funny.

• Love 2

I like her in a stand up or Fashion Police scenario but as a Ho, she would drive me insane.  She's too frenetic.  She's Bethenny amped up 50%. 

I wonder if her mom is still alive.  I loved her mom when she was on My Life on the D List.  She was just naturally funny.

I loved her mom too.

Call me crazy but shouldn't the "Housewives" actually be "wives?"  

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

I loved her mom too.

Call me crazy but shouldn't the "Housewives" actually be "wives?"  

You would think.

Dear Creepy, Danish, German, Whatever Prince,

Please overlook Brandy's tampon episode, marry the bitch and take her back with you. She would blend well with your Euro Trash.

Sincerely,

A Grateful Viewer

• Love 3

If Carlton comes back I am so gone!  If Brandi and Kim are gone I would love it.  Neither one of them bring anything to the party.  If Brandi stays I hope they bring back both Joyce and Faye.  So pretending that both Brandi and Kim are gone - I wouldn't mind Jerry O'Connell's wife - Rebecca - she has twins, husband loves the housewives shows and was once married to John Stamos (have to be some stories there). I think she would be fun and she is rich and a housewife.  I wouldn't care on the other - if Brandi and Kim are gone, except for bringing in Carlton, I would give the show a chance.  Lisa Rinna brings the drama and Kyle can too - they can do drama without going below the belt and that is the kind of drama I like. 

• Love 6

I'd like to lose Kim Richards and replace her with another seventies teen star, Kristy McNichol -- she came out in 2012, has been with the same woman (Martie Allen) for decades, lives with a bipolar disorder (diagnosed over twenty years ago) and (if looks matter) she's got a cute look going on for a woman in her fifties -- a refreshingly non-waif, just slightly edgy pixie:

y9ntq3bpmndkqtby.jpg

I loved the Lawrences -- great tv family (before they played new-kid-trope in the person of Quinn Cummings). The first time I saw Kate's monologue about wanting to abort Buddy, I sat there with my mouth wide open, amazed -- right there on network television, on a "family" show,  a woman talking about the early ambivalence she felt about being unexpectedly pregnant (and doing it with Sada Thompson's stunning talent -- that woman could act). Saw the clip again recently and it would never never NEVER make it on network today (not even sure you could do it on cable, unless the story was about a woman who was mentally ill, instead of sane, loving but also tired of feeling like she had few choices.)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 6

I'd like to lose Kim Richards and replace her with another seventies teen star, Kristy McNichol -- she came out in 2012, has been with the same woman (Martie Allen) for decades, lives with a bipolar disorder (diagnosed over twenty years ago) and (if looks matter) she's got a cute look going on for a woman in her fifties -- a refreshingly non-waif, just slightly edgy pixie:

I'm on board with Kristy. 

Isn't it funny how it seems like everyone in Bev Hills is separated by just six degrees?  When I was thinking Melissa and Sara Gilbert, that led me to LHOTP and Kyle.  Kristy leads to Jimmy which leads to Kim.  Sara Gilbert's wife is Linda Perry who has worked with David Foster.  David Foster is so intertwined with everybody that the lines are allll blurry. Linda Thompson, Bruce Jenner, Kris Kardashian.... 

We get her out of mom jeans, that could work.

Hey, now.  She's either on trend or just ahead of trend.  All my fashion mags are showing that high waisted jeans and shorts are back.  Mom jeans will be right behind them.

• Love 6

I'm on board with Kristy. 

Isn't it funny how it seems like everyone in Bev Hills is separated by just six degrees?  When I was thinking Melissa and Sara Gilbert, that led me to LHOTP and Kyle.  Kristy leads to Jimmy which leads to Kim.  Sara Gilbert's wife is Linda Perry who has worked with David Foster.  David Foster is so intertwined with everybody that the lines are allll blurry. Linda Thompson, Bruce Jenner, Kris Kardashian.... 

Hey, now.  She's either on trend or just ahead of trend.  All my fashion mags are showing that high waisted jeans and shorts are back.  Mom jeans will be right behind them.

Saw this uber creepy buzzfeed article how the Fosters-Jenners-Hadids-Kardashians are all basically related through marriage.  It's gross.

Listen, we can put her in high-waisted and we can put her in boyfriend jeans. Baggy saggy crotch jeans are never the answer.

• Love 2
(edited)

My ideal cast would be Kyle, Lisa V, Lisa R, Eileen plus Camille and two newbies.

I think I would be ok if Brandi came back after thinking about it. I love to hate her, I guess she makes a great villain. Give her a friend like they did with Kenya over in Atlanta. But Kim definitely shouldn't be back - nothing good could come from it imo. It's not likely a woman her age will change her ways after all this time and to me, I find her worse than Brandi because I think Brandi would ride hard for her family. Anyone who actively wants to hurt their sister (and seemingly their teenage niece) is all kinds of wrong.

Edited by nowcheckthat
  • Love 3

I'd like to lose Kim Richards and replace her with another seventies teen star, Kristy McNichol -- she came out in 2012, has been with the same woman (Martie Allen) for decades, lives with a bipolar disorder (diagnosed over twenty years ago) and (if looks matter) she's got a cute look going on for a woman in her fifties -- a refreshingly non-waif, just slightly edgy pixie:y9ntq3bpmndkqtby.jpg

You know, I thought of Kristy McNichol as a potential HW before you posted this, but I think I'm a little apprehensive bc I like her so much and she was such a fantastic actress right up until the end and I think I'd rather remember her that way. I hate to think about the petty drama she would be subject to and it makes me nervous for her with her illness and I'd hate to see her melt down. I don't think she'd do it, though part of me would LOVE to see her again.

I might like to see the two actresses from the Facts of Life, Nancy McKeon and Lisa Welchel. Lisa was on WWHL once after Survivor, but she's not living the BH lifestyle, in fact, I think she's living a very modest lifestyle, as is Kristy McNichol.

• Love 5

It would be nice to have a little diversity on this show - the one "brown" housewife got axed pretty quickly. I've been to Beverly Hills a few times - not every woman is white or, for that matter, straight.

• Love 6

Kyle Hosts An Average Of 3 ~ 4 Events Per Season Of The RHoBH, Correct?

Exemplī Grātiā =
Season #5 =The Annual White Party, Casual BBQ Complete With Private Chef [AKA Eileen Meets The Ladies], Spa Day, The Gay Mixer Etc.
I CanNot Imagine Kyle Inviting Brandi To Any Of The Events She Typically Hosts Next Season. Let Alone One In Her Home After Brandi Threatened Kyle With Bodily Harm & Called Kyle An Effing CUNextTuesday @ The Reunion/National TV...

Wouldn't One Of The Two Have To Go? How Can Andy & The Other Producers Possibly Think This Will Work?

Now, Explain It To Me Like I Am A Four~Year Old. (TM Denzel Washington ~ Philadelphia) …PLZ!

ETA: I Am Not A Regular Watcher Of The Other Franchises. So I Do Not Know If They Have Had A Similar Circumstance ElseWhere & It Worked  ??!

• Love 2

Can I modify this suggestion?  Melissa lives in Michigan now (plus, honestly and sadly given my love for LHOTP, she's pretty vapid), and Sara is too good for this show - but what about Nellie Olsen herself?  Alison Arngrim is HYSTERICAL, quick-witted, sharp, and way down to earth.  Her memoir, Confessions of A Prairie Bitch, was genuinely a good book.  I saw her speak live once, and she actually talked about the Housewives and Kyle - just to note that no older women in Hollywood can get work anymore, unless they're a Housewife.  I don't know if she'd do it, but she would be great.  

(She's also a very unusual Housewife in that she doesn't look starved to death, more like a normal 50 year old woman.  Which in Andy's eyes probably rules her out.  I wish Bravo would release his stranglehold on the franchise - he is the reason it took off, but right now, he's the main thing holding it back.)

Alison Arngrim is a hoot and I loved her book.  What I wouldn't give to see her telling Kim exactly how it was back in the 70s versus Kim's recollections.  Pass the popcorn and wine, please.

Casting her, I would think, would give Kyle an ally as well since they both appeared on LHOTP. 

• Love 4

Alison Arngrim is a hoot and I loved her book.  What I wouldn't give to see her telling Kim exactly how it was back in the 70s versus Kim's recollections.  Pass the popcorn and wine, please.

Casting her, I would think, would give Kyle an ally as well since they both appeared on LHOTP.

Yeah, she's got a wicked sense of humor. She'd be fun. Does she live in BH? Does anyone know? Kyle doesn't really need any more allies on the show, imo. Alison Arngrim is an unexpected and good choice. I like it.
  • Love 3

I just read an entry in Marilyn's Diary where she discusses some famous friends of her Aunt Lily who might be perfect candidates to be added to the Real Housewives.

lily%2Bon%2Ba%2Btrip.jpg

I loved when my Aunt Lily would go on  a trip with her girlfriends. She had a bunch of friends that would go on a trip once a year without their husbands. You know. To cut loose and have some fun.  

There was Morticia Adams. She pretended she was from England and that she was all classy but she was really from Calabasas in the Valley. They had a big mansion and ran a couple of gay bars in Hollywood. Her husband Gomez used to follow her around and profess his love for her all the time. I always thought he was gay but they seemed to be happy. His only job seemed to be to carry around their weird pet. It was a hand called "Thing." They would dress up in matching costumes and take it everywhere they went. It was really weird. But Morticia loved that Thing. She called it her sex monster. Nobody wanted to ask any questions.

Then there was Jeanie Nelson who was married to an astronaut. Now Major Nelson would never be around whenever there was a party. He was always busy with his big name friends. So Jeanie was all lonely in her mansion with her lemons and illegal immigrant house servants. So she was happy to go on trip.

Samantha Stevens was a lot of fun. She was a witch with her own clothing store and a terrible relationship with her mother and her sister. They were always fighting and turning people into toads and stuff. She was best friends with Morticia even though they fought all the time. They always made up and were as thick as thieves. They were just exhausting.

Last but not least there was Carol Post. She was divorced by then and very bitter. Her husband had left her for a horse. Of course. She was drinking and taking xanax and partying all the time. She was always wasted and going around half naked with her tampon string hanging out. She was just a mess.

This time they were going to Amsterdam. I hope they have some fun and that they won't fight too much.

I will be home with my Uncle Herman. I can't wait.

• Love 7
(edited)

I believe after this year RHOBH could use a new cast member who has professional experience in dealing with many problems that came up this season. There's got to be a therapist who lives in Beverly Hills who might be interested in joining the cast. Here's one I found who works in BH though I don't know where she lives.

Kelly Young, M.A., MFT

Marriage & Family Therapist , MA , MFT

MG_4997-200x300.jpg

"Feeling upset or overwhelmed? Struggling in your relationship? Concerned about your child's behavior? Recovering from an addiction or contemplating getting sober? Life can be difficult at times, but the problems we face do not define us. I believe in creating a warm, open environment that allows you room to tell your story. Together, we can work side-by-side to remove any obstacles getting in the way of your happiness, while accessing your hidden wells of strength and resiliency.

My specialties include working with individuals struggling with anxiety, depression, mood disorders, trauma, addiction, career/life transition, as well as miscarriage and infertility issues. I also have considerable experience working with couples, families, and children. I have additional training working with children with behavioral issues, ADHD, or an Autism diagnosis."

Beverly Hills, California 90210

Issues listed on her website:

ADHD

Addiction

Asperger's Syndrome

Behavioral Issues

Depression

Eating Disorders

Infertility

Parenting

Self Esteem

Sexual Abuse

Sleep or Insomnia

Trauma and PTSD

Academic Underachievement

Anger Management

Autism

Career Counseling

Divorce

Family Conflict

Learning Disabilities

Relationship Issues

Sex Therapy

Sexual Addiction

Substance Abuse

http://kellyyoungtherapy.com/?page_id=61

Edited by talula
  • Love 2

I believe after this year RHOBH could use a new cast member who has professional experience in dealing with many problems that came up this season. There's got to be a therapist who lives in Beverly Hills who might be interested in joining the cast. Here's one I found who works in BH though I don't know where she lives. Kelly Young, M.A., MFT

Marriage & Family Therapist , MA , MFTMG_4997-200x300.jpg

I would really love to watch the three sisters in therapy - now that their mom has been gone a few years, it's high time. (Though I doubt they'd do that on TV.)
  • Love 2

Bravo already tried a therapy show. It did NOT go over well.

I do remember, but that show didn't have the Richards sisters - plus Kathy Hilton, who likes to tell her sisters what and what not to wear and can't seem to stop fixing Kyle's hair. Perhaps Bravo could call the show "Boundary Issues."
  • Love 2

My suggestion was for Bravo to hire a person who works as therapist for a cast member on RHOBH. It would be interesting to see if it helps or hurts her when interacting with her cast mates. Just like LV is a restauranteur, Kyle is a retailer, Eileen & LisaR are actors, Brandi is vintner and Yolanda and Kim are HW.

• Love 1

My suggestion was for Bravo to hire a person who works as therapist for a cast member on RHOBH. It would be interesting to see if it helps or hurts her when interacting with her cast mates. Just like LV is a restauranteur, Kyle is a retailer, Eileen & LisaR are actors, Brandi is vintner and Yolanda and Kim are HW.

They don't even need to cast a new hw. Mauricio's mom is a sex/family therapist. I only recently made the connection but apparently my mom has been listening to her on the radio for years. She's not bad. The opportunities are there is they want them but I get the impression the Richards sisters are not receptive to the idea. They are weirdly private.

• Love 3
(edited)

They don't even need to cast a new hw. Mauricio's mom is a sex/family therapist. I only recently made the connection but apparently my mom has been listening to her on the radio for years. She's not bad. The opportunities are there is they want them but I get the impression the Richards sisters are not receptive to the idea. They are weirdly private.

Interesting. Wonder if she has tried to help Kyle deal with Kim.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 1

It would be nice to have a little diversity on this show - the one "brown" housewife got axed pretty quickly. I've been to Beverly Hills a few times - not every woman is white or, for that matter, straight.

There's been a few rumors of there being non-white HWs on this particular franchise. An Asian HW, Christine something, was photographed filming test-run scenes (allegedly?) with Brandi and another HW (Kyle maybe?) but apparently that went nowhere. And then there was a rumor about a minor royal named Monica (who was black) being in talks to appear on the show. In any case, I agree with you. It's always been one of my biggest annoyances with Andy. Latina HWs can only be in Miami (sans Joyce), there are no people of color in Los Angeles or New York, diversity in Orange County is being a brunette, etc. That man is disgustingly stuck on outdated stereotypes when it comes to casting. Trashy famewhores come in all colors, Andy!

• Love 8
(edited)

There's been a few rumors of there being non-white HWs on this particular franchise. An Asian HW, Christine something, was photographed filming test-run scenes (allegedly?) with Brandi and another HW (Kyle maybe?) but apparently that went nowhere. And then there was a rumor about a minor royal named Monica (who was black) being in talks to appear on the show. In any case, I agree with you. It's always been one of my biggest annoyances with Andy. Latina HWs can only be in Miami (sans Joyce), there are no people of color in Los Angeles or New York, diversity in Orange County is being a brunette, etc. That man is disgustingly stuck on outdated stereotypes when it comes to casting. Trashy famewhores come in all colors, Andy!

Trashy famewhores come in all colors - HA!

Wonder what kind of checklist the casting directors work with.

Addict? Check! Narcissist? Check! Secondary personality disorder? Check! Raving lunatic? Check! Aging mean girl? Check, check, check!

Would it really be so hard to add different colors and cultures to that list - especially in LA and NY?!

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 2

If they get rid of Kim, wouldn't that put Kyle in a tough position with her family? I remember a similar situation in NJ with Dina, Caroline and Jac. I don't think Kyle would want to have the entire family mad at her again because Kim lost her job.

• Love 4

My suggestion was for Bravo to hire a person who works as therapist for a cast member on RHOBH. It would be interesting to see if it helps or hurts her when interacting with her cast mates.

As these BH women may, in any moment, dress like they did 30 years ago, fight like middle-school adolescents frantic for Queen Bee status, worry way too much about how they can use their periods to get out of gym class and, with few exceptions, behave like twits desperately in need of detention, my vote is for The Teen Whisperer who gave wisdom and guidance to the Curtin spawn a few years back on RHoOC.

• Love 1
(edited)

If they get rid of Kim, wouldn't that put Kyle in a tough position with her family? I remember a similar situation in NJ with Dina, Caroline and Jac. I don't think Kyle would want to have the entire family mad at her again because Kim lost her job.

But it wouldn't be Kyle's doing. If Kim doesn't get asked back, it's her fault.

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 6

Well she got the job because of Kyle, she kept the job because of Kyle, in spite of being a drunk and skipping out of rehab, she had attacked about half the cast and now she is on shaky ground because she has zero loyalty to her sister.  The only family member I think would be upset is Kathy Hilton and she seems to be busy with her friend LaToya Jackson on some reality show. I think the rest of the family is upset with seeing the sisters battle it out on TV.

I think Kim is expecting a windfall when Monty passes or an excuse not to work on RHOBH due to a prolonged mourning period and will give her an excuse not to work.

• Love 4

Kim will definitely blame Kyle if she's fired. Of that I have no doubt. In Kim's mind nothing is *ever* her fault so why should I imagine that she would see her termination as being due to anything she's done? (Or in some cases hasn't done.)

• Love 4

I would love to see Allison Arngrim as well. Her autobiography blew me away. She comes across as the complete opposite of Brandi and Kim. There is so much warmth and humor in her book, even though she has had a tough life. I don't know if she's very 'BH', but she seems like a smart, fascinating person, which I guess makes her too good for this show.

• Love 3
(edited)

I would love to see Allison Arngrim as well. Her autobiography blew me away. She comes across as the complete opposite of Brandi and Kim. There is so much warmth and humor in her book, even though she has had a tough life. I don't know if she's very 'BH', but she seems like a smart, fascinating person, which I guess makes her too good for this show.

Plus I like to think she's too smart to do the show.  But I think she'd be an interesting addition.  I liked her book, too - she's got a wicked wit. 

Edited by harrie
  • Love 3

Plus I like to think she's too smart to do the show.  But I think she'd be an interesting addition.  I liked her book, too - she's got a wicked wit.

Maybe she'd do it - she's a hustler, like Lisa Rinna! It is interesting, if TPTB got rid of Brandi and Kim, and kept Eileen and Lisa Rinna, they might be able to attract a few more people who are a bit more upscale - if the show were a mix of BH doyennes (like LVP) and working, hustling actresses, past their prime but still on the ball, with some wit and wisdom, I think that would be a pretty cool and interesting dynamic.

But it would only happen if they classed up the joint - no more Brandis or Carltons or Kims. Andy, are you listening?

• Love 6
(edited)

Maybe she'd do it - she's a hustler, like Lisa Rinna! It is interesting, if TPTB got rid of Brandi and Kim, and kept Eileen and Lisa Rinna, they might be able to attract a few more people who are a bit more upscale - if the show were a mix of BH doyennes (like LVP) and working, hustling actresses, past their prime but still on the ball, with some wit and wisdom, I think that would be a pretty cool and interesting dynamic.

But it would only happen if they classed up the joint - no more Brandis or Carltons or Kims. Andy, are you listening?

I dunno, even if you clean house at the BH franchise, the Housewives shows have a reputation across the board.  I mean, RHoBH is the only one of the franchise I watch, but I'm aware of table-flipping, prostitution whore!, leg throwing, some whack names in Australia,  and probably some other stuff about the RH shows in general if I think about it.  Part of the show's appeal - according to TPTB, it seems anyway -- is the outrageous stuff, not just the really, really neat stuff like RE porn, travel, and women playing well together. 

Edited by harrie
  • Love 4
(edited)

Plus I like to think she's too smart to do the show. But I think she'd be an interesting addition. I liked her book, too - she's got a wicked wit.

she does have a wicked wit. I love how she turned things around on those state senators with Larry King's help. Brandi would be so out of her league (not that I want BrandI to come back). Plus I'm sure she'd have a few things to say about Brandi's rape comments.

I also like that she seems like she'd be an unconventional housewife, but not in a weird desperate way like Carlton.

Eta: I also agree with nexxie about getting rid of Brandi and giving Joyce another chance. I'd be fine with that also.

Edited by EVS
  • Love 1
(edited)

I would also be ok with Camille or Adrienne coming back. I don't love them but they are fun to snark on for me. Taylor Is as bad as Kim or Brandi for me, so I wouldn't want her back. I didn't like Carlton. If she came back with Brandi and Kim, I'd be done for sure, but maybe I'd give Carlton another chance without Brandi or Kim if she really did get an unfair edit. I have no interest in Faye or Kathy Hilton.*

*Eta: we need less of Big Kathy's daughters, not more!

Edited by EVS
  • Love 2

she does have a wicked wit. I love how she turned things around on those state senators with Larry King's help. Brandi would be so out of her league (not that I want BrandI to come back). Plus I'm sure she'd have a few things to say about Brandi's rape comments.

I also like that she seems like she'd be an unconventional housewife, but not in a weird desperate way like Carlton.

Eta: I also agree with nexxie about getting rid of Brandi and giving Joyce another chance. I'd be fine with that also.

I liked Joyce and her husband but it bugged me that the places she took the HWs looked dated and worn and her house wasn't porn either. Andy didn't seem to like her so she won't be back.

(edited)

But it wouldn't be Kyle's doing. If Kim doesn't get asked back, it's her fault.

Kim will definitely blame Kyle if she's fired. Of that I have no doubt. In Kim's mind nothing is *ever* her fault so why should I imagine that she would see her termination as being due to anything she's done? (Or in some cases hasn't done.)

It wouldn't be Kyle's fault but Kim would blame Kyle for not going to bat for her with Bravo.  Aside from that, Kyle may not want to deal with the fallout if that happens.  That's why I think we're stuck with the Bichard Sisters.

Wasn't there a rumor a while back that LisaV was going to leave RHOBH?  VPR is doing well so maybe being on two shows with three restaurants is too much for her.

Edited by AnnA

It wouldn't be Kyle's fault but Kim would blame Kyle for not going to bat for her with Bravo.  Aside from that, Kyle may not want to deal with the fallout if that happens.  That's why I think we're stuck with the Bichard Sisters.

Wasn't there a rumor a while back that LisaV was going to leave RHOBH?  VPR is doing well so maybe being on two shows with three restaurants is too much for her.

If Yolanda bows out for health reasons-and I do see a remission in her future about mid June, I can see Kim being dropped.  I think it depends if Kim gets off her duff and comments about the show after the season is over.  If Bravo is being told she is taking care of sick Monty and she is on vacation, they may not want to deal with her.  Same with her mentally ill child and the vicious dog-how much can they deal with for a marginal person like Kim.

• Love 1