Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, S Cook Productions said:

Is that Misha running with Jared??

Yep.  Sam & Cas racing to get civilians out of harms way.  But the bad guys seem to be unable to go past a certain point.  So SOMETHING stops them.  Did Dean (noticeably absent) do something?

• Love 2
Just now, SueB said:

Yep.  Sam & Cas racing to get civilians out of harms way.  But the bad guys seem to be unable to go past a certain point.  So SOMETHING stops them.  Did Dean (noticeably absent) do something?

Neat! Thanks! Is this ep 2? I wonder what happened to Cas’ trench coat. That usually means something when he doesn’t have it. 

On 8/1/2019 at 8:37 AM, gonzosgirrl said:

I believe there is almost no chance this isn't what happens. Realistically, there is no way that two humans and one angel whose powers appear and disappear on a whim can survive that ending scene. So either Chuck intervenes, or Billie!Jack does, or some entity-to-be-named-later does - one way or another, only supernatural intervention could save them.

Maybe they're saved by Billy Jack!

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

Dean of all people gets babysitting duty for the little woobie? Not at all tone-deaf, Dabb. Why not Cas? He is obsessed with Jack?

When I saw those BTS photos with Jensen and Alex, I hoped all it meant was that Jackie Sue was projecting from the Empty, or something along those lines. Trying to connect, but not really there, and that's why the no eyes thing. Because otherwise, it makes no sense. He woke up in the Empty with eyes, why would Billie send him back with no eyes?

But I guess Dabb won't allow his Mary Sue not to be the center of attention from the jump.

Apparently Dean's storyline this season is short term memory loss. I understand why the showrunners want to saddle Dean with Jackie Sue, because that's what they always do to try and pump up the popularity of another character. But really, Dean has already forgotten about Mary's death at the hands of this murderous toddler? Sure, I hated her and didn't care that she died, but Dean supposedly still loved her and did care.

I guess that was so last season.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Ackles previewed a little bit of the 15th season premiere, which he was directing.

It was some stuff with Chuck/God, Rob Benedict, running into a character who hasn’t been around since season 7,” Ackles said. “So we’re bringing a fan favorite back who is, oddly enough, not even in the business anymore.”

I think they mean episode 4, but my mind automatically went to be Becky. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I think they mean episode 4, but my mind automatically went to be Becky. 

Chuck/Becky makes sense, but could we hope for Frank? Only because Becky was never really 'in the business'.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Chuck/Becky makes sense, but could we hope for Frank? Only because Becky was never really 'in the business'.

I thought Jensen meant, no longer acting, in Hollywood, anymore. 

According to Wikipedia, Kevin McNally is still acting as of this year, and so is James Patrick Stuart (Dick Roman).  But Emily Perkins hasn't been cast in anything since 2014 so my money is on Becky.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

I thought Jensen meant, no longer acting, in Hollywood, anymore. 

According to Wikipedia, Kevin McNally is still acting as of this year, and so is James Patrick Stuart (Dick Roman).  But Emily Perkins hasn't been cast in anything since 2014 so my money is on Becky.

Ah, okay, I didn't see or hear the interview, I was just going off your post (which I misunderstood). Oh well, they'd probably just ruin Frank, anyway. That's not a problem with Becky, lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

I haven't watched this yet but just in case there are spoilers....

No spoilers. The story on their first impression of Matt Cohen was hilarious though.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

OMG, I love Danneel laying down the law! You've got nine months to get a new gig, mister. A long vacay is not an option!  LOL! Thank you, Danneel. I want Jensen to keep acting too.

As for the season 7 mystery guest, I honestly can't tell if Jensen means a character from the show not in the hunting biz anymore, or someone who stopped acting a while ago. But it would make sense for Chuck and Becky to connect again since they did have a relationship at one time.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

No spoilers. The story on their first impression of Matt Cohen was hilarious though.

My  take away from that interview was what Jared said.  They didn't want to be the last ones at the party. I wonder if the decision to end the show started around the time that producers, writers, editors etc. started to jump ship.  I'm going to guess that Scriggia moving on was a catalyst to making a firm end date.  They didn't want to be the last remnants left.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, SueB said:

here is Dean, he’s with Alex - who is wearing sunglasses due to burned out eye Sockets? 

I have a theory: The guy who is with Dean could be Cas instead of Jack. Cas has left his Jimmy Novak vessel during the fight with the zombies because it has been damaged too much. He went into Jacks body but he is not poweful enough to heal those eyes. It would also explain why Dean is with him. Dean doesn‘t want to be around Jack any more because of what happened with Mary. So it could be Cas in this pic.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, NougatJack said:

I have a theory: The guy who is with Dean could be Cas instead of Jack. Cas has left his Jimmy Novak vessel during the fight with the zombies because it has been damaged too much. He went into Jacks body but he is not poweful enough to heal those eyes. It would also explain why Dean is with him. Dean doesn‘t want to be around Jack any more because of what happened with Mary. So it could be Cas in this pic.

I don't think Dabb is that creative.   Plus, there was filming done with Cas and Sam together.

• Love 1

I'm trying to sort out the immediate picture and have more questions than answers.

I gotta say, how they get from 'nighttime surrounded by animated corpses' to wearing FBI jackets and split into pairs is not obvious.  It sure feels like they are still in immediate aftermath of the S14 finale.  So... spitballing....they are physically on the run. Jack is back before they leave the graveyard. They get the jackets (together) & sunglasses and Cas loses his coat ... and somehow split up as they run.  

Where does one find sunglasses and FBI jackets hanging around that you grab on the run?  Maybe the all three cars that were driven to the graveyard are stalled out so they take what they can from the nearest one -- but there's no back on their shoulders so they didn't 'gear up' very much. And why the FBI jackets  -- obviously to save people -- but those dudes are not immediately hanging around....

Clearly I need more data.

• Love 2

So the latest JA and JP Access interview in the Supernormal thread really has me believing that yup, the brothers are both going to go away at the end and it's going to look like death, and Jensen did not like it because he thinks that the audience/fandom is going to be very upset by it.

• Love 3

Now I'm definitely puzzled/confused etc. as to what the ending's gonna look like, given the implications of finality, yet something that can (in theory) be unpicked if they want a comeback in a few years.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ukgirl71 said:

Now I'm definitely puzzled/confused etc. as to what the ending's gonna look like, given the implications of finality, yet something that can (in theory) be unpicked if they want a comeback in a few years.

Anything can be unpicked with this show.

That's why implications of finality are only that-implications.

And Aeryn is right. JP continues to champion his desire for the brothers(both of them) to be at "peace" in the end and as the "finality" of the show, as we know it, draws closer. 

But I now think that Jensen still doesn't want it to end the way that it's going to, but he's accepted it with the caveat(perhaps in his own mind AND with the added thought that this would likely still be in the minds of anyone who's a fan of the show) that "nothing ever really dies" or can be thought of as  being "final" in Supernatural.

And in this way, he leaves both himself and the fandom with a more hopeful feeling than one of absolute finality.

JMO on everything, of course.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

Anything can be unpicked with this show.

That's why implications of finality are only that-implications.

And Aeryn is right. JP continues to champion his desire for the brothers(both of them) to be at "peace" in the end and as the "finality" of the show, as we know it, draws closer. 

But I now think that Jensen still doesn't want it to end the way that it's going to, but he's accepted it with the caveat(perhaps in his own mind AND with the added thought that this would likely still be in the minds of anyone who's a fan of the show) that "nothing ever really dies" or can be thought of as  being "final" in Supernatural.

And in this way, he leaves both himself and the fandom with a more hopeful feeling than one of absolute finality.

JMO on everything, of course.

It's kind of odd how candid they are obviously allowed to be. I mean, Jensen didn't go into super-specifics but Jared named several very specific scenarios he didn't like and didn't want and then "without giving anything away..." that he loves the ending.

Obviously, the producers didn't okay them giving the ending away ad verbatim but do they seriously think people are too stupid to extrapolate? If someone told me they, out of numbers 1-5, they hated the numbers 1, 2, 3 and 5 and then said "without giving anything away" they loved the number that was picked? It takes the IQ of broccoli to figure it out.

• LOL 6
6 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

If someone told me they, out of numbers 1-5, they hated the numbers 1, 2, 3 and 5 and then said "without giving anything away" they loved the number that was picked? It takes the IQ of broccoli to figure it out.

LMAO!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Trying to think of someone from Season 7 who would come back. Krissy? Jo? 

It would make more sense if it was a monster or demon or something that re-emerges from hell - like Dick Roman. 

When did Meg die again? 🤔

1 hour ago, juppschmitz said:

When did Meg die again? 🤔

S7 when they went after Dick. ETA, I guess not, lol.  Says 8x17 on Superwiki.

Why did I associate it with crashing Baby into the sign when they went after Dick?  I can hear her saying "save your brother and my unicorn" to Sam.  EATA, I guess I conflated the two episodes. Jeez. 

Edited by gonzosgirrl
11 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

It's kind of odd how candid they are obviously allowed to be. I mean, Jensen didn't go into super-specifics but Jared named several very specific scenarios he didn't like and didn't want and then "without giving anything away..." that he loves the ending.

Obviously, the producers didn't okay them giving the ending away ad verbatim but do they seriously think people are too stupid to extrapolate? If someone told me they, out of numbers 1-5, they hated the numbers 1, 2, 3 and 5 and then said "without giving anything away" they loved the number that was picked? It takes the IQ of broccoli to figure it out.

I’m not reading the interviews so could someone be kind enough to set out what JP indicated were endings he wouldn’t like?  Thanks! 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Lemuria said:

I’m not reading the interviews so could someone be kind enough to set out what JP indicated were endings he wouldn’t like?  Thanks! 

He wouldn't like them still hunting - because then he would wanna see it aka for the show to go on.

He wouldn't like them in a "simulation" in heaven aka dead and caught in that best day loop. He wouldn't like them caught in hell or whatever other place either.

He wouldn't like them suddenly not hunting if there wasn't a good explanation for it because they wouldn't suddenly retire.

I mean, that all knocks out a lot of possibilities. 

He would like them to "have peace" and "be done". And he randomely mentioned a scenario of Amara possessing Sam - which was IMO way too specific and nothing that yet happened in the show to easily throw it out there.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

He would like them to "have peace" and "be done". And he randomly mentioned a scenario of Amara possessing Sam - which was IMO way too specific and nothing that yet happened in the show to easily throw it out there.

Oh God!  You don't think that Dean is going to become Chuck (the Light) and Sam is going to become the Amara (the Darkness) in order to keep the balance in the universes?

1 minute ago, Casseiopeia said:

Oh God!  You don't think that Dean is going to become Chuck (the Light) and Sam is going to become the Amara (the Darkness) in order to keep the balance in the universes?

Kind of, yes. It will be utterly weird and random but sonething in the ballpark.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

Kind of, yes. It will be utterly weird and random but sonething in the ballpark.

I honestly would not hate this if it was handled properly; meaning, yes,  BOTH brothers actions were treated as sacrifices of heroism and both were written as saviors of the world.

Edited by Myrelle
Additions
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

I honestly would not hate this if it was handled properly; meaning, yes,  BOTH brothers actions were treated as sacrifices of heroism and both were written as saviors of the world.

Yup, this is where I`m at, too. For once, make it godamn equal. I`ll swallow all other badness then.  

• Love 1

I’m amazed my personal desired ending seems within the realm of possibility now, what with all this Darkness-Sam and Light-Dean speculation. I hope it’s them taking over the roles of Darkness and Light, still retaining their own identities, and not simply being possessed and/or being chess pieces for a fight a la Michael and Lucifer.

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Yup, this is where I`m at, too. For once, make it godamn equal. I`ll swallow all other badness then.  

Yeah, depending on how they are painted, I can get on board with it.

I know there is a case to be made for both of them ending up fully human, but damn, I'd kinda like to see Dean with some powers.  *heart eyes*

• Love 4

Some posts have been removed for both being off-topic (discussing past seasons/story arcs) and veering into Bitch vs Jerk territory.  This is a reminder to stay on topic.