Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

The writer of the episode in question is getting harassed on twitter over it, how Dean can`t sing, how it breaks canon (really, this is where we draw the line?), how it`s just a cheap ploy to help Jensen sell his album (nice). But of course wetting themselves in excitement over Sam's powers.

Typical of the present day social media  SPN fandom though, isn't  it?

Who is the writer again?

Jeremy Adams?

And the episode has already been filmed, right?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

Typical of the present day social media  SPN fandom though, isn't  it?

Who is the writer again?

Jeremy Adams?

And the episode has already been filmed, right?

Very typical.

Yes, Jeremy Adams and yes, it`s done.  They have moved on to ep 8 now. Appears Adam comes back in this since Jake Abel made an instagram post about it.  

1 minute ago, Aeryn13 said:

Very typical.

Yes, Jeremy Adams and yes, it`s done.  They have moved on to ep 8 now. Appears Adam comes back in this since Jake Abel made an instagram post about it.  

Well, hopefully that's it then and they won't change it if Dean sang well just to appease the rabble yet again.

As for what he's going to sing, I think I read that it was song by two other well-known brothers and since we know that it's going to be The Impalas on the SPN stage, I'm going with Soul Man by the Blues Brothers-the same song they performed at one of those BTS celebrations in Vancouver(sorry, I can't remember which one).

And anyone can sing Soul Man.

My hubs even sings along with it and he never sings!😎

• Love 3

The specious 'it's not canon' argument currently playing out on Twitter over Dean singing in an episode is so transparent it's almost laughable.

A) in the LOL!Canon verse this show has become, even blinking an eye over this is ridiculous

and B) Dean's relationship with music is absolutely, 100% canon - like, from Season 1, Episode 1. Dean may not sing as well as Jensen, but singing (in the car, karaoke, when self-soothing (in the airplane) is completely in line with his character. And if it happens on a 'wild night out' with a buddy, even more so.

• Love 8
45 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Very typical.

So I popped over there to oppose the idea that Dean being a bad singer is absolute canon and he liked my  comment already!

I'm on with my day for now with that warm fuzzy. 😉

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

So I popped over there to oppose the idea that Dean being a bad singer is absolute canon and he liked my  comment already!

I'm on with my day for now with that warm fuzzy. 😉

Good on ya!

The hypocrisy is strong in that thread - especially those rending their garments over how this ruins the integrity of the show, with manipulated Cas/Dean images as their icons. OMG.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

The specious 'it's not canon' argument currently playing out on Twitter over Dean singing in an episode is so transparent it's almost laughable.

A) in the LOL!Canon verse this show has become, even blinking an eye over this is ridiculous

and B) Dean's relationship with music is absolutely, 100% canon - like, from Season 1, Episode 1. Dean may not sing as well as Jensen, but singing (in the car, karaoke, when self-soothing (in the airplane) is completely in line with his character. And if it happens on a 'wild night out' with a buddy, even more so.

So true.

And man, they are really trying to push their own agenda over there.

It's  pretty pathetic, tbh.

• Love 2
On 10/8/2019 at 3:32 PM, ILoveReading said:

Are we going to get Jensen singing on an ep?  (and please sing as Jensen.  Not as Dean.  I don't care if if Dean couldn't sing in the past)

My guess on the song--the Waylon Jennings theme song from the Dukes of Hazzard.  PS--I see Gonzo guessed this too...I do think that's it.  I like that song!

I'm guessing Christian sings too--I think he sings on the side when not acting.  I'm really looking toward this episode with Jensen and Christian buddying around.

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I see two old hunting buddies throwing back some drinks at Swayze's Roadhouse; getting drunk; singing with the band and making killing a few demons while they are at it. Sounds great to me. 

Way too sane and reasonable a reaction. Cut it out.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

The writer of the episode in question is getting harassed on twitter over it, how Dean can`t sing, how it breaks canon (really, this is where we draw the line?), how it`s just a cheap ploy to help Jensen sell his album (nice). But of course wetting themselves in excitement over Sam powers.  

Where is the darn eye roll emoji?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, AwesomO4000 said:

I wouldn't be surprised, because I remember enjoying his singing when he sang that song on Angel. There weren't any good clips of that that I saw, but here's one of the entire song from somewhere (I think there is an Angel soundtrack, and it probably came from that).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2EmCBDKlR

He sang on Leverage, too. ....The person needing help in that episode was played by Alona Tal. And John Schneider was the bad guy.

• Love 2

Awesome job by Post production - as usual.

I want to stab Chuck in the face.  I can't believe Becky is speaking for me.  She is.  

I think that's intentional.

Shallow note: oh my... that Dean shot in the red glow?  I  may have the vapors.

• Love 2

I've tried my best to stay away from as many spoilers as possible.  I'm hoping to enjoy this final season of a show that I loved.  It's had it's ups and downs, but it's been a fun ride.  I'll wait to watch tomorrow without commercials.  Please let them be up to the task of sending this show out with a bang!

• Love 1
On 10/9/2019 at 3:08 PM, Jakes said:

I'm guessing Christian sings too--I think he sings on the side when not acting.  I'm really looking toward this episode with Jensen and Christian buddying around.

He sings really well and has released albums.  I would love to see both of them singing together.  Their voices would blend nicely.

But as a good singer, it is easy to sing slightly off pitch if they want them too. 

• Love 1

The actor Jensen brought back for a one-scene cameo in the episode he directed can`t be Becky because Jensen said in the video it was a "he". Having seen pictures of Sebastian Roche with the guys on set, I think mystery solved: Balthazar. 

IMO this episode will have Dean and Sam on a case simultaneously with Chuck telling Becky his nightmare scenario of an ending or endings. Ripe with Lucifer!Sam killing some bearded Future!Dean in a red-light-flooded bunker. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

The actor Jensen brought back for a one-scene cameo in the episode he directed can`t be Becky because Jensen said in the video it was a "he". Having seen pictures of Sebastian Roche with the guys on set, I think mystery solved: Balthazar. 

IMO this episode will have Dean and Sam on a case simultaneously with Chuck telling Becky his nightmare scenario of an ending or endings. Ripe with Lucifer!Sam killing some bearded Future!Dean in a red-light-flooded bunker. 

Except Seb was there this week and Jensen filmed his episode first - back in July. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Except Seb was there this week and Jensen filmed his episode first - back in July. 

Oh, okay, my mistake then. It is definitely a man, though, as Jensen said "he flew in to do one scene". So not Emily Perkins` Becky either.  

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 1
(edited)

Matt Cohen?  As Michael?

although Adam vs Adam picture seems more likely to be Michael vs Adam.  Being together in the Cage so long and all. 

Edited by SueB
  • Love 1

In terms of how much the writers are "on the same page", I just randomely watched a Comic Con interview with Singer`s wife (usually I skip Nep Duo stuff) and she said that Chuck is only messing with their minds about everything being manipulated by him and that Cas is the one who needs to talk the brothers out of their funk.  

So we have Jensen and Jared saying at Comic Con that Sam is feeling down about being a rat in a maze and Dean is lifting him up. 

Then in the TV Guide interview it`s the other way around. As it was in the Premiere. Kinda.

Now it`s Cas lifting them both up? Since she said it, it will obviously happen in one of the Nep Duo episodes. 

But at this point it`s kinda like a game of "free will" hot potato. Maybe Dean gets his turn in episode 4, the one he directed and they shot first.

Also, since episode 3 is the episode where Cas is leaving in a huff about Chuck being evil and Jensen said there is sort of a "goodbye" scene (probably the annual get Cas out of the show for a few eps thing), I`m guessing this is where the characters "make up". 

From the schedule I can`t quite make out when exactly Emily Swallows filmed but I`m guessing episode 5. With the title "Proverb 17:3" which relates to being under the command of God and all and testing the spirit/soul, it makes sense. 

• Useful 4
2 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

There is a spoiler that Sam kills a witch using magic.

I don`t think that`s Rowena, though. Apparently they are tryng to get books from Rowena`s appartment and some (small?) witches are attacking them in the hallway. 

Now I`m not sure this is gonna be in episode 3 because they are probably not leaving that rinky-dink town. If it`s a later episode, it could be one that has Rowena in it or one where she is dead so they are trying to get her stuff (nice, dudes). Could go either way.

I would say Ruth Connell seems too upbeat for the character being killed off. 

As for Sam randomely having powers again, this could come into play in the next episode. But in that case, wouldn`t Dabb have already spoiled it? He spoiled everything else. He flat out said Sam continues to have "flashes" that he at first dismisses and then learns that he is connected to the Chuck-channel and learn about the writing process. Like, he will see scenes from different Earths where a bearded Dean comes into the bunker and gets killed by evil Sam. 

If Sam displayed powers again, he should question it right away. Now Dabb said that the bullet wound awakens something "long dormant" in Sam. Those could be the demon blood powers but I`m not sure he doesn`t mean having visions. And that this is supposed to be a "clever" callback. 

The way the TV Guide article tried to be cagey about the wound but was so cavalier about the scene where Sam "summons magic" makes me think they didn`t think it was a big spoiler. Maybe this kind of magic is like exorcism or angel banishing spells or stuff like that which anyone can do. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, SueB said:

So from the preview for 15.3, it sure LOOKS like Rowena dies.  Fake out or promo giving away massive spoiler?

Considering how many times Rowena's been killed (including being shown burnt to a Krispy Kritter in one ep) I don't think they'll just kill her off randomly so early in the season.  Later, maybe, to build up the "Sam's come back wrong" again, since he's supposedly the only one who can kill her.    Ugh, to all those possibilities.  

Edited by ahrtee
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Considering how many times Rowena's been killed (including being shown burnt to a Krispy Kritter in one ep) I don't think they'll just kill her off randomly so early in the season.  Later, maybe, to build up the "Sam's come back wrong" again, since he's supposedly the only one who can kill her.    Ugh, to all those possibilities.  

They have the witch killing bullets so I don't know that anything special is needed to kill Rowena. 

1 minute ago, Casseiopeia said:

They have the witch killing bullets so I don't know that anything special is needed to kill Rowena. 

But doesn't she have that page from the Book of the Damned (or was it the grimoire she stole from that witch family) that was supposed to make her strong enough to even withstand Lucifer? 

(Whatever happened to the Book of the Damned after Charlie was killed, anyway?  She didn't have it with her so the Stynes didn't get it...)  

2 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

But doesn't she have that page from the Book of the Damned (or was it the grimoire she stole from that witch family) that was supposed to make her strong enough to even withstand Lucifer? 

(Whatever happened to the Book of the Damned after Charlie was killed, anyway?  She didn't have it with her so the Stynes didn't get it...)  

It's so hard to keep track of all the ever changing rules and appearing and disappearing MacGuffins. 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

They'll have to remember to cut off her legs this time though, so she can't hide any pesky resurrection spells in them.

• LOL 3

I think "getting to know him better" just means that Sam will continue to have some flashes that tell an alternate universe end-verse scenario story. Still imagine those will be quick flashes over the course of 2-3 episodes. Ultimately just to show how Chuck writes stories. I don't think those alterna-characters will be explored in any way, they are more exposition.

• Love 1

Putting together two and two and hoping it's not five:

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2482796/supernatural-boss-teases-a-version-of-dean-not-from-our-world

Did Jensen direct the AU Dean episode?  It would explain why he finished directing his episode THEN shaved off the beard.  Guess we'll know in ten days, isn't his episode number four?

Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 8.23.42 PM.png

Yoinked from a screenshot of last ride.  Looks like a match on the shirt, too.

Edited by Cambion
adding stuff
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Cambion said:

Putting together two and two and hoping it's not five:

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2482796/supernatural-boss-teases-a-version-of-dean-not-from-our-world

Did Jensen direct the AU Dean episode?  It would explain why he finished directing his episode THEN shaved off the beard.  Guess we'll know in ten days, isn't his episode number four?

Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 8.23.42 PM.png

Yoinked from a screenshot of last ride.  Looks like a match on the shirt, too.

We actually have 2 weeks until Jensen's episode.   Its preempted for Halloween. 

I think this is just another of Sam's visions, the lighting and effects are the same.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 10/9/2019 at 4:08 PM, Jakes said:

My guess on the song--the Waylon Jennings theme song from the Dukes of Hazzard.  PS--I see Gonzo guessed this too...I do think that's it.  I like that song!

I have Christian Kane's self titled album. He writes songs also. He sounds like Garth Brooks' and Clint Black's love child. Angel didn't remotely let him sing. Just throwing that out there. 

So, Sam and Chuck are now tied. Is this going to be a Harry Potter "Neither can survive while the other lives" thing? UGH! And to me it does look like Rowena is a goner next episode. And Good old Dabb promised that there would be a lot of old characters who die this season- because why be happy when you can make Supernatural something no one wants to see?

I may need encouragement to keep going this season.

• Love 2

From that article:

Although the alternate universe’s Michael played a big part in seasons 13 and 14, this is our world’s Michael, the one who’s been in a cage for years and who, according to Belphagor, hasn’t left just yet. But he will soon. And he might not be happy with what he finds. “He’s coming back into a world where he went to try to cause an apocalypse to bring his father back, it did not work, and he’s about to find out his father came back because of these two idiots in flannel,” Dabb says of Michael. “It’s not the world he wanted to walk back into, let’s put it that way.”

Honestly, what show did Dabb (not) watch? And I guess Michael being a drooling mess was just more of Chuck's 'lies'. FFS.

"Two idiots in flannel." Interesting choice of words from Dabb to describe Dean and Sam.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

From that article:

Honestly, what show did Dabb (not) watch? And I guess Michael being a drooling mess was just more of Chuck's 'lies'. FFS.

"Two idiots in flannel." Interesting choice of words from Dabb to describe Dean and Sam.

This really makes no sense.  Sam and Dean stopped the apocalypse.  If OG Michael wanted it, then shouldn't he be happy that God showed up and caused another one to start? 

He started it to get God to show up, now God is there with an apocalypse, but Michael is upset he's getting exactly what he wants.

My head hurts.

Did I miss those episodes of s14 where Michael was a big part of the story?

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

How did Sam and Dean go from "raised like warriors" to two idiots in flannel....😒

And why would even Michael describe them like that? He knows who they are. It's not like he gets out of the cage and finds out two random yokels pissed off Chuck.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2