Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

Alright... I'll start a topic that's not allowed on TWOP for our beloved Supernatural because apparently we have not behaved well in the past.

But we're better than that now... RIGHT?!?!  Right.  So....here's I go...

Spoilers I know of thus far (sticking with big things...I'll figure out the whole linking etc... later).

- Misha is obviously in Metafiction EP 9.18, and then the last three (EP 9.21 King of the Damned, EP 9.22 Stairway to Heaven, and EP 2.23 untitled finale).

- Curtis Armstrong obvious in EP 9.18 as well as Tahmoh Penikett

- Kim Rhodes (Jodi Mills) is in EP 9.19 Alex Alexis Annie Ann   -- which is by far the most intriguing title and has the least bit of spoilers.

Other tidbits:

- There's a dark haired actress who has a prominent role in 9.19. Actress name is Katherine Ramdeen and she posted alot on Twitter while filming.  I'm wondering if she is one or all of the titular characters.

- Jensen mentioned he was doing pushups these days due to Mark of Cain.  Now I'm wondering if it was also tied to shower scene.  Brave soul.

- Jensen and Jared are currently filming exteriors in Chicago for 9.20 Bloodlines

So there's some starter dough.

• Love 1

More info on Meta Fiction.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/03/the-cw-primetime-listings-for-week-of_27.html

SUPERNATURAL
“Meta Fiction” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

METATRON OFFERS CASTIEL A DEAL — Metatron (Curtis Armstrong) attempts to get Castiel (Misha Collins) to join forces with him. Still furious with Metatron, Castiel (Misha Collins) refuses, which sets a surprising plan in motion.  Meanwhile, Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) capture Gadreel (Tahmoh Penikett).  Thomas J. Wright directed the episode written by Robbie Thompson (#918).

Yeah, speculation on (and discussion of) spoilers! Woot!

I simply cannot fathom how delusional Metatron is if he thinks that he can talk Cas over to his side. I hope that Cas, despite being gagged in the promo, is not tortured in this ep. That shit is played out, IMO.

I have been an impatient Dean/Cas girl, so I can only hope that the paucity of Dean/Cas this season will be overshadowed by a metric shit-ton of Dean/Cas in those final three episodes.

• Love 1

I'm going to bet we don't have a Cain sighting again this season so that IMO leaves Crowley or Dean.  Since Crowley is "King of Hell", and Dean is not yet dead - "Damned" seems more appropos for him.  He's going to go to Hell (hence Damned) and yet is potentially in charge.  I really hope they don't kill off Abaddon quickly, I'd like her to be in more than one more episode.  AH can chew scenery so well.

All the titles are interesting to me. I'm a little surprised that we have three more eps (Meta fiction, Stairway, and Miracles) that seem potentially more Angel-story than Hell story.  I hope they don't rush either but I could also see Heaven being closed a more immediate issue than Abaddon's factory.  What if she gets ahold of those souls chilling in the "waiting room"?  Those guys need to get tucked up in Heaven and away from her mitts.

At Vegas Con, Kim Rhodes mentioned that EP 9.19 would be an emotional one.  I think everyone there was worried that she was hinting that Jody was going to die, but she wouldn't confirm or deny that.

Hello everyone.  TWoP refugee (poster formerly known as sdcat2009 or informally Cat).  It feels weird to be able to speculate and discuss spoilers in the same place. I hope I don't violate any rules or norms. If I do, please let me know what to do to meet the standards :)

Regarding "King of the Damned".  When I saw that title, my heart sank and I felt sick to my stomach, because I immediately jumped to it being potentially being Dean. From a performance standpoint this whole MoC is giving Jensen some of his best material in a few seasons(thank goodness) yet because he's been so outstanding, I alternately can't wait to see it and dread how it's going to make me feel. So, yay?

I think it's possible Omundson could make an appearance as Cain only based Omundson tweets of himself and that he's currently still sporting that magnificent beard.   Maybe, he'll save Dean from becoming the King of the Damned?

Regarding "King of the Damned".  When I saw that title, my heart sank and I felt sick to my stomach, because I immediately jumped to it being potentially being Dean.

There has to be a cliffhanger...that said, I'm not worried about it.  I mean he's gone to hell and came back with a cool storyline at the beginning at least.  So  maybe Sam will actually given some decent lines to show support to his brother.  I'll wait to see what they do.

I think it's possible Omundson could make an appearance as Cain.

I could see this, the fans seemed to welcome him and if he has the time I think it would be a good thing to use him again.  Besides they had the line, I will see you again moment, not exact words...so I expected to see him again.

I'm hoping since we've seen Sam showing some concern, they will figure out a way to get them on track before it is over and since they like to throw so much at the last three eps, I expect we will see a rollercoaster ending regarding the brothers. 

I hope they don't kill off any more supporting actors.  I hope her pain is about what has happend in the past and not that she dies at the end of the ep.  I'm tired of that type of story.  Very tired.

I'm hoping beyond hope that Sam is concerned for Dean's well-being and his well-being alone. But I have to admit that I'm also pinging a little bit that Sam's side-eying Dean is not necessarily out of brotherly love and concern for Dean.

I really hope I'm wrong but man, I don't think that glimpse of Sam reading about Cain and Abel on his laptop was for nothing. The common lore is that Cain murdered Abel because God loved Abel more.  Right now, only Dean and Crowley know that Cain killed Abel to ensure Abel's entrance into Heaven (unless Cain was lying and I don't think he was).  AFAIK, Sam doesn't know that the conventional lore isn't true, so I'm thinking he's sizing up Dean and measuring whether he needs to make a preemptive strike.  :(.  I can't remember Dean telling Sam about the reversal of the lore.  Does anyone else remember?  I really want to be disabused of my notion on this matter.

Edited by catrox14

catrox14, I don't think Sam hasn't inquired about the Mark.  Dean told Sam about it in the very next ep--the Garth ep--and then they noticed that Garth was gone and put an end to any further discussion at that time, and Sam, to my knowledge, never asked Dean anything about it after that.  We know he was looking it up on his laptop recently but I'm not sure that Dean was able to see that.

I always wondered why Sam wasn't more concerned considering that, as far as he knew, Cain was the first fratricide and Sam was a frater (lol) who was currently at odds with his brother.

Your idea that Sam might be considering a preemptive strike is an interesting one.

I'm wondering what Gadreel is yelling "No!" to in the promo.  As far as I know, they couldn't force the angel from his vessel.  They might be able to talk the vessel into throwing Gadreel out, but this is the second time Gadreel had possessed this person, so it would seem the vessel was not adverse to letting him back in. 

I'm interested in the shower scene--no, not for that!  Well, not just for that.  lol--Dean looks so very unhappy there; and I wonder if he's staring at the mirror trying to see if there's some physical affects of the Mark.

Edited to add:  A recent spoiler from S.E. Hinton:  "One thing--the Mark o Cain is really affecting Dean now! Changing him!"

Not something that many of us did not suspect, but it's nice to have confirmation.

Edited by Lemuria
  • Love 1

A recent spoiler from S.E. Hinton:  "One thing--the Mark o Cain is really affecting Dean now! Changing him!"

Plus we have Jensen Ackles' interview that even pre-Blade Runner, the Mark was like a low-dose steroid on his system.  Except for getting knocked out or roofied, we haven't seen evidence of him sleeping but at lest two incidents where he definitely is not.  So the "souless" theory comes into play -- or at the very least, his soul is being effected.

On the Jodi Mills bit -- and talking about her son.  Kim Rhodes has said that she sort of has a motherly vibe she plays with Sam.  I'm wondering if Sam will open up to Jodi regarding Dean's actions and we might finally get an in-depth POV from Sam that isn't charged with brotherly baggage.  My secret wish: Jodi would clue in Sam that Dean is acting like a parent would act with their child and that this makes sense given their upbringing.  Maybe this will help Sam to see Dean's POV about ('and I would do it again'). 

• Love 1

I believe that the Jodi Mills character is one of the few subsidiary characters whom the writers have definitively associated with Sam.  Given this, I am sure that her next appearance will give us at least one great conversation that opens the door to Sam's POV.  I think it may be too much to hope for that she gives Sam the key insight -- as Sue B has suggested -- that will enable him finally to understand his brother.  But I do anticipate that their conversation will give us critical insights into the character of Sam, and I look forward to that.

• Love 1
(edited)

There's been a couple actually--He had been up all night doing research, drinking and watching movies back in The Purge; In Captives, he was still fully clothed while listening to music when Sam had obviously been sleeping (indicating that it was probably the middle of the night); And then in Mother's Little Helper he stayed up all night trying to find info on Abaddon. Now these don't all scream he's not sleeping at all, but if you add them up it could indicate that he's not getting much sleep. However, in the past Dean has lived off only four hours of sleep from time to time, so it also could just be more to indicate that Dean's in a bad place right now (the drinking and scruffy beard are more to add to this.)

Edited by DittyDotDot

EP 9.19 Description

“Alex Annie Alexis Ann” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DLV) (HDTV)

SHERIFF MILLS TRIES TO SAVE A YOUNG GIRL FROM A VAMPIRE NEST — Sheriff Mills (guest star Kim Rhodes) calls Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) after she kills a vampire who attacked a prisoner named Annie (guest star Katherine Ramdeen). They discover Annie was kidnapped by a family of vampires who use her as bait to lure in humans they can then feed on. Sheriff Mills tries to rescue Annie from her captors, but finds out the hard way that family always comes first. Stefan Pleszczynski directed the episode written by Robert Berens (#919).

Source: http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/04/cw-upcoming-episodes-press-release.html

Oh I'm worried. I love Sheriff Mills. I'm hoping she makes it through the ep.

• Love 1

I love the title of this episode.  Does anyone know if it's a reference to something?  A book, or a song, or some other cultural arcana that I'm unfamiliar with?

Also:  I'm worried about Sheriff Mills, too.  I'm glad, though, that it's not the episode Tessa's in.  Then I'd be really, really worried about Sheriff Mills.

http://www.examiner.com/article/lindsey-mckeon-talks-supernatural-drop-dead-diva-new-films

In addition to all of your films, I know we will be seeing you back on “Supernatural” soon!

Lindsey- I am going up to Canada to do more “Supernatural” next week. I am so excited. This is first of all one of my favorite characters to play. And I just read the script over the weekend and I'm even more excited now because it's a fun little juicy twist. I'm really happy about it!

What makes her one of your favorites? What most appeals to you about her?

Lindsey- What appeals to me most is she has been so many things. Now she is a reaper and an angel at the same time. Maybe they're all one in a same and for me they kind of are. And they're not of this world but they are in this world, and they have the human body to be able walk to around in this world. So for me it's really neat to have that much wisdom, knowledge and awareness from the other world and bring that through this body to this world. That's why I live this character so much. I think that's why I like Sci-Fi movies as well; because I have done so much spiritual learning that I want to be able to bring that to the characters I play and have them be that aware and have that much to offer the world and humanity.

Crossposted to TWOP. For the love of all that is holy, why are they doing this to reaper lore? Argh!

• Love 1

I'm very confused Lindsey's comments on being an angel/reaper.

I thought Reapers were their own "species" so to speak. Death said he would reap God one day. They didn't possess humans like angel or demons before IIRC. The only reason Dean was a reaper for a day was because Death gave him his ring.   I don't understand what they are doing. I don't want Reapers to be angels or demons.  :(

(edited)

I gave up on reaper canon a long time ago (back when we found out Death was in a box and apparently digging him up did nothing to change the natural order, other than death going from being neutral to being a Winchester BFF), but I'd be less bothered if a less awful writing team wasn't doing this episode. 

It makes sense in a way, but I just don't see them doing this justice. I have a feeling this may be an infodump and it will never be mentioned again. 

I hope they're doing this so that the reapers will kill Metatron and maybe take over Heaven. 

More likely they'll all just be killed instead, but I'd rather see the first one.

I just hope they won't ruin Tessa.

Edited by Pete Martell

Thanks. So I guess they beat up Gadreel first and then the photos where Metatron is with them come after. 

I hope they won't kill Cas' angel followers. Or have them side with Metatron.

I did laugh at the photo where he freezes Dean and Sam or whatever. 

When I first saw those pics I thought, "of course, Cas got captured and is used as bait/trade for Gadreel's freedom".

But, upon closer look, he appears unharmed, so maybe he does cut some type of deal with Metatron? Gad's freedom in exchange for his grace back?

Well, I'm just glad to see Dean, Cas and Sam on screen together again, so I'll take it. That said, I hope whatever it is doesn't put him on the wrong side of Dean and Sam (again).

BTS Stuff from Guy Norman Bee (director for Stairway to Heaven):

http://campl.us/q70V

https://twitter.com/guynormanbee/status/452229365062180864

and S.E. Hinton (who was visiting set):

https://twitter.com/se4realhinton/status/451470076521095168/photo/1/large

Which, leads to the some tiny info bits to squeeze out of these pics:

- The beards of breakup seem less prominent

- Dean is in both the MoL with Sam and also later in standard FBI garb --- which means whatever happened in King of the Damned did not result in Dean going off the rails

- There's a boardroom full of what looks like bureaucrats -- I'm guessing either Reapers or Angels in this ep

- Guy also took a picture of the First Blade but that doesn't mean it's in the ep IMO

In other news:

Meta Fiction Sneak Peak: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2eh8HCosW4

This one pretty much rivals Mad Men for lack of info. I'd bet money this clip is shortly after the shower scene --- suggesting the shower scene might be early OR might be at the very end (I think early most likely).

Finally, Bloodlines description:

9.20 – Bloodlines

SAM AND DEAN INVESTIGATE MONSTER FAMILIES IN CHICAGO — Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) investigate a case in Chicago, where they discover that various mafia-esque monster families are, unknown to humans, running the underbelly of Chicago. One is a family of shapeshifters run by Margo Lassiter (guest stars Danielle Savre), whose leadership is thrown into question when her brother David (guest star Nathaniel Buzolic) returns home. The other reigning family in town is made up of werewolves, lead by Julian Duval (guest star Sean Faris). While in Chicago, Sam and Dean meet Ennis (guest star Lucien Laviscount), a man with a personal vendetta against the monsters. The Winchesters warn Ennis about heading into the hunter lifestyle, but Ennis refuses to listen and starts down a dangerous path.

Robert Singer directed the episode written by Andrew Dabb (#920).

source: http://supernaturalfansonline.com/2014/04/10/supernatural-9-20-bloodlines-episode-description-spin-off-pilot/

No surprises.

Oh, for fuck's sake, seriously? Cas is captured again and will be the reason Dean and Sam have to let Gadreel go? Ugh. Way to divide Team Free Will even further. I swear, I think Cas has been captured/hurt/tortured in just about every one of his episodes this season. It's so tired. I remember when Cas was a kickass fighter and strategist.

So, unless this is some clever ploy/misdirection, I'm going to be pissed.

Interesting use of scratchy film technique. I wonder why?  Bits I got:

- Sammy in Distress.  I don't care though because I have a competent Dean kink (There. Said it out loud) and Dean taking vampire heads is always good sport. He really needs some Zombies to help him stress relieve.

- Jodi feeling motherly towards the girl.  ***FEELINGS WARNING ACTIVATED*** Kim Rhodes sells this so well most of the time.  I'm bracing for FEELS.

SueB, I am right there with you with Competent Dean kink.  Although, to be fair, I pretty much have a kink for about anything Dean does. Also, his hands.  I am fascinated with this hands and eyelashes.  I can't help but wonder if for some reason that makes no sense we might be afforded a flashback to Dean and Benny in Purgatory because vampires! 

Sneak Peek for Alex Annie Alexis Ann http://www.screenfad.com/supernatural/supernatural-sneak-peek-s09e19-alex-annie-alexis-ann-18291

Bloodline bits (nothing new really): http://www.enstarz.com/articles/36496/20140417/supernatural-season-9-spoilers-what-to-expect-from-bloodlines-serialized-soap-format-female-leads-video.htm

King of the Damned Official Synopsis

ABADDON BLACKMAILS CROWLEY — Castiel (Misha Collins) captures one of Metatron’s angels (guest star Gordon Woolvet) and asks Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) for help with the interrogation.  Dean eagerly accepts, which doesn’t go unnoticed by Sam.  Meanwhile, Abaddon (guest star Alaina Huffman) demands Crowley (Mark Sheppard) help her kill Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles).  When he refuses, she reveals her shocking bargaining chip.  Also, Castiel (Misha Collins) sets a meeting with Gadreel (guest star Tahmoh Penikett).  PJ Pesce directed the episode written by Eugenie Ross-Leming & Brad Buckner (#921).

source: http://screenfad.tumblr.com/post/83031509910/supernatural-9-21-king-of-the-damned-synopsis

and EW teases the finale (link):http://www.eonline.com/photos/12192/2014-may-finale-spoiler-rama/374850

Supernatural (The CW)

When to Watch: Tuesday, May 20 at 9 p.m.
What to Expect: A fierce battle! "All bets are off when Sam, Dean and Castiel take the fight to Metatron," boss Jeremy Carver warns. "Uneasy alliances and brutal choices await...all culminating in shocking consequences." Gulp.

Random musings on these tidbits:

- Vampiric Stockholm Syndrome.  Still afraid for Jodi.  Dean decapitation count estimate: 5.  I'm going to be the girl doesn't make it.

- King of the Damned. Well I didn't see THAT coming.  What possible leverage could Abaddon have with Crowley?  She DESPISES him. And why would she be worried about the flannel wearing crusaders anyway?  Does she know about the Blade? Even if she does, if Dean doesn't have the blade what's the worry?  And Crowley COULD kill the Winchesters but IDK... he's never underestimated them (which is what usually gets the more powerful villains killed). Also suggests it's Crowley, not Dean, who is King of the Damned.  Which fits with Dean and Sam still working together like normal (from every indicator) up to the season finale (bro-tension likely firmly in place).

- So the finale seems Heaven-centric.  Clearly Team Winchester is still alive (so Crowley doesn't kill them ... at least not in King of the Damned). Looks fairly dire.  Could be ratings hype.  Could be "fair warning" to prevent fan backlash.  Personally I think Misha Collins not being signed for S10 is another attempt to build suspense.  And once he IS signed, they may have a gag order in place.  Since Sam and Dean may be in dark places or in jeopardy but will be back for S10 -- what other "threat" will get fans in a tizzy but threatening our beloved Angel? 

All this combined?  I don't know WHAT they will have wrapped by the end of this season but it's looking more like wrapping up the "Heaven is closed" issue versus MoC IMO.  Just spitballin'

Crowley's son already helped Bobby find the King's bones. I have a hard time seeing a long-term partnership between Crowley and Abaddon.  Neither remotely respects the other IMO.  So I'd lean towards coercion with the blood addiction being the obvious tie-in.  But all roads lead back (in my head) to -- does Crowley live or die?  Any option where he dies would generally not be acceptable to him. Any option where he lives (and thus undermines her power) seems unacceptable to her. Again -- they really lack common ground. 

I'm going to have to think on this some more. It's possible that it's something that hinges on her promising to let him live but I have a hard time buying it.  Unless she's bored trying to administrate but then I have a hard time seeing him living under her as top dog.  Gah.  Need more data. 

I have been thinking non-stop about this stupid thing with the Abaddon bargaining chip.  I went so far as to read the Supernatural wiki about Crowley and Abaddon. /smh at myself.

I currently have a couple of theories rolling around in my head.

1) I'm starting to wonder if the MoC has already made Dean powerful enough to kill her without the Blade but neither he nor Crowley know this, but Abaddon might know or at least fear it. So she would be willing to give up control in exchange for the heads of Dean and Sam regardless of the presence of the Blade.

2)Maybe Crowley already knows this but is keeping it from Dean.  I think back to his remarks to his demon minion in Mother's Little Helper.  I think it could be kind of cool if the First Blade is nothing more than a MacGuffin and that Dean is the "First Blade" at this point. I dunno, just thinking how they could throw us a curveball on that. 

3) I cannot forget Cain telling Dean that the Mark has a burden 'a cost some would say'.  I've long been worried that the ultimate torture for Dean is immortality. I don't believe he wants to live forever especially as a monster.  I couple that with Gadreel's line about the boys thinking they are invincible and I'm thinking it's not a throwaway line used only as a way of mocking the boys. if Dean is on the verge of immortality maybe Abaddon wants to kill him before that happens so she would bargain with Crowley.

Another thing that has been bugging me for a while now is the fact that some of Gadreel's grace is still inside Sam. I've had some thoughts that Sam is still being affected by it.  There have been some peculiar moments of JP's acting that seemed off even after they extracted most of the grace.  Could Gadreel and Sam align in an effort to kill Metatron? 

Maybe I'm naive but I feel like there were seeds planted throughout the season wherein something is said or something happens seem important in the moment but have not been addressed since will become important for the finale and for s10.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

Good points, catrox14.  When they did the spell to find the First Blade, it led them to Cain since the blade is just a hunk of bone without the mark.  The MoC is the source of power.  I wonder if that means that a new Blade could be forged.  I hate the idea of Dean killing Sam and that blade becoming the new Blade.  I recall Balthazar talking to soulless Sam about a spell to prevent his soul from being returned to his body.  "You need the blood of a father but the father need not be blood", or something like that.  Of course, I also hate the idea of Dean killing Castiel so I'm hoping that it's not possible to forge a new blade, but it would be interesting.  

There's also Cain himself who said that he would call Dean to come kill him.  Surely killing Cain would have significant repercussions.  Yet, even without the First Blade, Cain had a lot of powers.  I figured those were just really jacked up demon powers, but maybe it's more powers that draw from the MoC that Dean will eventually get.  He's already presumably not sleeping and he appears stronger and faster.  

Re: the leftover grace in Sam.  I'm not sure if that's really still affecting him.  Didn't Cas say it would fizzle out eventually?  I can't quite recall.  One thing I wonder about is whether Sam got a new anti-possession tattoo.  What would happen if Sam were to be possessed again by a demon when he's near Dean?  

(edited)

I have been thinking non-stop about this stupid thing with the Abaddon bargaining chip.  I went so far as to read the Supernatural wiki about Crowley and Abaddon. /smh at myself.

I currently have a couple of theories rolling around in my head.

Thank you for this.  Some good fodder to further chew on.  I think immortality is definitely on the table (and it's a curse for Dean). I think you are spot-on that Dean is more important than the Blade.  But I also need more Abaddon backstory to help formulate a theory. I need her motivation beyond 'Knights Rule and Salesmen Drool'. She wants Hell on Earth. Why? Because the Angels have fallen and she's got a shot if they are not minding the store? What NEED is she trying to fulfill? 

I'm pretty sure Cas said that the final time he healed Sam all of Gadreel's grace was gone.  But I firmly believe Gadreel is being set up by Metatron to betray Metatron. Yes.. that is the "role" he has been assigned to by Metatron IMO.  What Metatron is doing, however, is once again underestimating those "flannel wearing nightmares." He read the books but like Castiel, he MISSED the point.  Team Free Will tore up the script for "The Apocalypse".  Metatron is not God. He's a God wanna-be. There is nothing he's going to write that these guys can't subvert.   

Edited by SueB
  • Love 1

I'm pretty sure Cas said that the final time he healed Sam all of Gadreel's grace was gone.  But I firmly believe Gadreel is being set up by Metatron to betray Metatron. Yes.. that is the "role" he has been assigned to by Metatron IMO.  What Metatron is doing, however, is once again underestimating those "flannel wearing nightmares." He read the books but like Castiel, he MISSED the point.  Team Free Will tore up the script for "The Apocalypse".  Metatron is not God. He's a God wanna-be. There is nothing he's going to write that these guys can't subvert.   

I never even thought of that.  Metatron wants his characters to do what they are supposed to do, and Gadreel is basically the original betrayer.  Actually, does that make him the prototype for Team Free Will?  If Gad had never chosen to disobey an order and Lucifer hadn't entered the garden, would free will even exist?  

Gadreel is basically the original betrayer.  Actually, does that make him the prototype for Team Free Will?  If Gad had never chosen to disobey an order and Lucifer hadn't entered the garden, would free will even exist?

I suspect that Gad will betray Metatron because otherwise he most likely won't survive.  Plus I think the seeds of doubt has been created from this last ep.  It would be nice to have the brothers once again be together fighting for team free will so if this tie in helps, I'm all for it.

It could be holding the blade supercharged the mark and Dean doesn't really need it now.  I mean Cain fought without the blade in First Born, so maybe...but I'm still hoping we see Cain again.  I have a feeling the end of the season will create a strong need to write some stories.  LOL.

I hate to think this, but could the shocking thing be that Dean is in the running for King of Hell and only needs to successfully dispose of Crowley and Abaddon to grab the title?  I hope not, but it would be a shocking twist. 

I was kind of hoping that was what the title "King of the Damned" was about.  Now, not so sure.

Going to throw a random thought out there: Kevin?  What if Abaddon nabs Kevin's ghost and uses it as leverage?  Now it only works if Crowley is still on the human blood and feels remorse over Kevin.  I give it verrrrrrry long odds.  But this whole "force Crowley to kill the boys" twist surprises me because I figured the brothers being dead was Crowley's end game (after all, they made him a junkie and lost him his kingdom).  So, I'm trying to rethink what motivation -- at ALL -- Crowley has to want to protect Sam and Dean. Obviously he wants Dean to kill Abaddon first but that's a temporary alliance.  So... still pondering but I thought I'd throw "Kevin" into the pool of possible leverage.