Type keyword(s) to search

Alyssa and John: Lunch with Lurch

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

I don’t know what level Allie is reading at but she is 7 and some of those books seem a bit young for her.  Better than nothing I suppose but I feel for that girl.  First they get a playhouse and slide that she is obviously much too big to enjoy, and now the books.  I bet she would enjoy the American Girls books.

It's hard to know.  At 7 she could be reading anywhere from late kinder on up depending on when she began reading and how much instruction and practice she's had.  American Girl books might be a bit beyond a 7 year old fundie.  They're fourth grade level.  

• Love 2

I live in a fairly small town north of Atlanta.  All of the towns in the county have branch libraries. All of the libraries have activities for young children especially during the summer months.  When my kids were small they couldn't wait until they got their own library cards.  I wonder if they even go to a library.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, cereality said:

How desperate are these hanger-oners to get in with the Bates??

So apparently they let the girls read secular books and Allie asked John to buy books as she'd read everything they have already. And lo and behold a box stuffed with books like Curious George, Bernstein Bears, Pinocchio, [and the requisite kid prayer book] showed up at Alyssa's door from some complete stranger . . . . I don't watch her boring videos but I imagine she put it out there that Allie wanted new books and some fan jumped to it. If those are new books, it's at least a few hundred dollars worth. So hopefully someone was instead cleaning out their attic.

And BTW have Alyssa or John not heard of a library? I assume money is tight because John always says it's tight and now with gas/food prices up it's prob tighter; so I can see him not wanting to go to Barnes and Noble as a book for each of the older girls would still be at least $20 if they chose the cheapest book - and he's just not gonna spend that kind of money on girl children's non Godly interests. And Alyssa can't seem to grab a damn sponsorship with something useful like Amazon. Yet this magical place called the library would allow his girls to check out as many books as they wanted each week for free and on the plus side would give his dumbass wife someplace to go during the day.

Maybe if she checked out a few books herself she might be able to develop an interesting persona and/or some compelling ideas for her videos?   Maybe she might even meet some other moms, develop some interests. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Totally said:

How did a total stranger know their address?

It’s easy to find out with a little research. That’s why  these fools are even more insane for constantly featuring/exploiting their kids for millions of strangers, and for announcing that they’re on vacation and their homes are currently unoccupied.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

She showed the card that came with the box. It was in stories so it is gone now.  It looks to have come from some Christian reading organization.  She may have found out about them through her homeschool co-op or church.

• Useful 2
9 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

She showed the card that came with the box. It was in stories so it is gone now.  It looks to have come from some Christian reading organization.  She may have found out about them through her homeschool co-op or church.

Maybe AWANA? I don't know what their curriculum is. I think she's using Abeka for everyday classroom. Maybe one of these has a summer reading program? 

On 7/1/2022 at 6:03 AM, Totally said:

How did a total stranger know their address?

It's super easy to find. Property records are public info.

With regards to Alyssa and social media, it seems like she does okay in terms of product grifting, but it doesn't translate into much cash income and commissions. One could argue Alyssa's and John's constant complaints about money are part of the con, but Alyssa seems pretty unhappy and bitter. If she was making bank, you'd think she'd have a little more enthusiasm. 

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Has Alyssa become a bored housewife since losing her shilling gigs, which is making her homesick for her family?

More like she needs content for her crappy YouTube channel, and road trips are great filler. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Has Alyssa become a bored housewife since losing her shilling gigs, which is making her homesick for her family?

How can anyone be bored with four kids under seven to look after?

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, SMama said:

How can anyone be bored with four kids under seven to look after?

I was a stay at home mom for 10 years, while there was always something to be done, I still needed social and intellectual stimulation. I was fortunate my sister worked 3 - 11 and there were a handful of other SAHMs in the neighborhood. Otherwise I would have gone nuts during the day, every day.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Alyssa and Jana met up at a Starbucks in Tennessee. Is Jana in Tennessee chaperoning James? He was pictured with a Bates girl recently even though I believe she is only 15. Supposedly Alyssa brought some Fundie girls with her to Tennessee for one of her single brothers. 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

• Sad 3

Alyssa is getting one of Katie and Travis' backyard bred puppies. Great. 

https://youtu.be/Kctg19QWO4s

I don't know which annoys me more: The fact that Alyssa is only doing this for her Instagram aesthetic or Travis turning Remi into a moneymaking machine. 

I can't see Type-A Alyssa having the patience for a dog. Should we take bets on how long it lasts? 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 6
  • Useful 1
12 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Yeah doodles are pretty high energy dogs, I see plenty of Instagram pictures of the puppy and then it will be off to wherever Fundie dogs disappear to. My guess is about 3 months. 

20 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

A puppy in that house will be a disaster. They really don't even have a yard, yet I could see the poor thing banished to a doghouse on the lanai. 

Exactly. The fact that John needed so much convincing tells me he isn't thrilled about owning a dog. So who's going to feed, walk, train, do yard cleanup and take it to the vet? Alyssa? The same woman who bitches anytime she has to leave the house? Even her desperate hanger-on (Kinsley? Kinley?) will eventually reach her limit. Maybe Allie will "volunteer" for the grunt work. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

There is more yard past the pool. Still, a horrible idea, that puppy is going to suffer. I also don’t see the Websters paying for the puppy. The plan was always to breed Remi, fundies are cruel creatures. How are they getting the puppy to Florida?

• Sad 7
9 minutes ago, SMama said:

There is more yard past the pool. Still, a horrible idea, that puppy is going to suffer. I also don’t see the Websters paying for the puppy. The plan was always to breed Remi, fundies are cruel creatures. How are they getting the puppy to Florida?

Oh, get this: Alyssa is flying to NJ to pick it up. But she couldn't plan months in advance to attend Lawson's wedding. Totally off topic, but clearly something was up with her absence and I'll die on that hill. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, SMama said:

Oh, I didn't realize they had a yard aside from the tiny lanai and the pool. 

Did they ever get a fence? That pup could easily drown. 😭

Edited by Salacious Kitty
Fence not gate
  • Useful 1
45 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Did y'all notice that in the new intro, John is spelling his name Jon? What's up with that?

These people are so dumb, they can’t even spell their own names right. Jesus. 

• LOL 8
1 minute ago, Cinnabon said:

These people are so dumb, they can’t even spell their own names right. Jesus. 

Reminds me of Alyssa's "dinning" room. She made this mistake several times before someone corrected her. Then Carlin made the same mistake a couple of weeks ago. SOTDRT fail! 😂

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Reminds me of Alyssa's "dinning" room. She made this mistake several times before someone corrected her. Then Carlin made the same mistake a couple of weeks ago. SOTDRT fail! 😂

HUGE failure. And that’s not even a difficult word. Kelly should be ashamed of herself.

• Applause 5
40 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Don't C&E have a doodle? A doodle they sent to a training for a couple of months?

Yes, and I can’t come up with her name now. 

ETA: Izzy, her name is Izzy.

Edited by SMama
  • Like 2
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Don't C&E have a doodle? A doodle they sent to a training for a couple of months?

Izzy is a smaller version of Remi. Her size would suit the Webster family better but Doodles can be expensive to buy. I am already picturing the Webster girls using the dog as a pony. 

• Sad 6
  • Useful 1
11 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Izzy is a smaller version of Remi. Her size would suit the Webster family better but Doodles can be expensive to buy. I am already picturing the Webster girls using the dog as a pony. 

Do we know how big the pup-dad of these new pups is? Maybe, hopefully, the Websters will get a smaller one.

The last thing the Websters need right now is a dog. I hope that poor thing will NOT be living outside at all. The heat and humidity here in Orlando is unbearable. It should be an inside pet. I doubt they will treat the poor little thing right. John (Jon?) needs to assert himself and his preferences. With all the traveling they seem to do and "going out" daily, the dog will be hard to train. Alyssa and her white house will have a fit cleaning up the urine and poop.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

The last thing the Websters need right now is a dog. I hope that poor thing will NOT be living outside at all. The heat and humidity here in Orlando is unbearable. It should be an inside pet. I doubt they will treat the poor little thing right. John (Jon?) needs to assert himself and his preferences. With all the traveling they seem to do and "going out" daily, the dog will be hard to train. Alyssa and her white house will have a fit cleaning up the urine and poop.

I’m sure Allie will be trained in all dog related tasks ASAP.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5
On 8/5/2022 at 5:18 PM, BitterApple said:

Oh, get this: Alyssa is flying to NJ to pick it up.

I have flown quite a bit with my dog. He is 14 pounds and barely fits in the airline-approved carrier so Alyssa cannot wait too long!  Hopefully he will not be put into cargo.

• Love 3

Talking about sponsorships over on the C&E thread has me so wondering about Alyssa. Is she not doing paid ads anymore? All her sisters are shilling CUTS, Dime Beauty, those slides, etc. Whit just got free backpacks and shoes, but I can't remember the last time Alyssa has promoted anything. She isn't the type to turn down free money, so I wonder if companies have bypassed her in favor of Tiffany and Katie? 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Useful 1
42 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Talking about sponsorships over on the C&E thread has me so wondering about Alyssa. Is she not doing paid ads anymore? All her sisters are shilling CUTS, Dime Beauty, those slides, etc. Whit just got free backpacks and shoes, but I can't remember the last time Alyssa has promoted anything. She isn't the type to turn down free money, so I wonder if companies have bypassed her in favor of Tiffany and Katie? 

Alyssa claimed there was some sort of restriction put on her account because of some post. This happened a few months before Tiff and Lawson married.

IMO, Tiff and Katie are horrible at shilling. They both talk to fast and look so unnatural. I think Alyssa would be a better choice for shilling than Tiff or Katie.

• Useful 2

And she is pregnant again. 😐

Sick as a dog.  Both think it’s another girl because she is so sick. She claims this is definitely the last one.  🙄

What fun.  Training a puppy while having morning sickness. 
If it is a boy where will they put him?  Not fair to cram 4 girls into one small bedroom so the little prince can have his own room.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 6
26 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Not fair to cram 4 girls into one small bedroom so the little prince can have his own room.

When it comes to these people and favoring their sons over daughters; fair has nothing to do with it.  If it is a boy, he gets his own room and the girls will sleep wherever.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

Lmfaooo, I knew Alyssa was going to pop up pregnant once Maci shifted from cherubic baby to annoying toddler. I feel like we know these girls better than they know themselves. 

I have to admit, the picture on Instagram was pretty cute as far as pregnancy announcements go, although we all know this won't be the last. She'll have #6 and claim it's a total surprise. 

With regards to the dog, I wish they would back out and let Katie rehome it to a family better suited to owning a pet. I know the girls would be disappointed, but it's not like they already have the puppy in hand. John didn't want a dog to begin with, Alyssa has too much on her plate and there's no way Allie is big and strong enough to handle a full-grown doodle. I'd rather the kids be upset for a few days then see a dog banished to the outdoors in Florida heat. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 7
  • Love 4

What does Grand Finale mean? Are they claiming this is the last? Because how do you claim that unless it’s followed up by - and I’m having a c section this time so my tubes will be tied at the same time or baby is due on x and John’s vasectomy is scheduled 10 days later?

And of course if it’s a boy he gets his own everything and the girls will “want” to be packed together in one small room until suitors start to show up in 12-16 yrs. They will both lose their minds if it’s another girl. Like they didn’t even try to hide their disappointment and lack of interest at Maci’s gender reveal. Though John has said he has a brother w 6 daughters and no boys so he knows it’s possible.

• Sad 8
  • Love 1

They are all like freaking human Pez dispensers. I keep hoping at least a couple of them will remember their crappy childhoods and want to have a smaller family,  but it doesn’t look like it will happen. Lexi laughed and said “ another one?”.  She’s only 5 but she knows that her already small share of parental attention just got smaller.  It’s really sad.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Like 3
  • Sad 5
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, cereality said:

What does Grand Finale mean? Are they claiming this is the last? Because how do you claim that unless it’s followed up by - and I’m having a c section this time so my tubes will be tied at the same time or baby is due on x and John’s vasectomy is scheduled 10 days later?

She doesn't need a c-section to get her tubes tied after birth. Any kind of delivery will do as long as she has the kid in the hospital with a doctor. Since she has the heart issue, I assume Alyssa does hospital births and not home ones.  Personally, I wish these fundies would embrace hubby vasectomy appointment reveals.

• Like 3
  • Love 2