Type keyword(s) to search

Alyssa and John: Lunch with Lurch

• Start Topic

53 minutes ago, SMama said:

Sorry to quote myself, couldn't find the edit feature. I don't know if it's because of the new changes or because I'm using a new laptop. SBaba decided it was time for me to have a Mac Book to go along with my other Apple devices. I've always used Windows PCs. Wish me luck.

I was checking out a BBQ place we get take out from like once every three months. The family special includes half a chicken, spare ribs, beef brisket, cold slaw, baked beans, and so much BBQ sauce we always have leftover after having dinner and lunch the next day. The price is $56 and while I'm not a CF consumer I think it's a better use of money than spending almost $50 on fast food. 

Another thing I noticed was Alyssa making a big deal that she ordered a diet lemonade.  She said she started craving it with this pregnancy.  I hope it's truly a craving and not Alyssa worrying about weight gain. Especially when she seems to bounce back so fast. 

Responding to help with the edit function. 

In the upper right hand corner of your post are three horizontal dots. Click/tap on them, and a box with the edit option will appear. 😀

• Like 1
10 hours ago, SMama said:

I did a quick check since we do not eat at CF and their order was at least $47.00. My gosh the amount of food that can be cooked for that amount. We would have had a very nice dinner and plenty of leftovers. Alyssa did grow up with a father who boasted about taking his kids to CF, and they would get a bun and three nuggets each, split the fries, and drank water. I think its part why Alyssa and Carlin are so obsessed with fast food. 

At this time of they year John may have gift cards from his regular clients.

• Like 3

Now that everyone is heading off on the ski trip, I wonder how Alyssa feels.  There wasn't any money for her to take a few days to go to her brother's wedding, but there is not only enough for John to fly to Colorado, but to buy all new ski equipment besides.  I would be ticked if I were her.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
16 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

Now that everyone is heading off on the ski trip, I wonder how Alyssa feels.  There wasn't any money for her to take a few days to go to her brother's wedding, but there is not only enough for John to fly to Colorado, but to buy all new ski equipment besides.  I would be ticked if I were her.

Oh, I'd be pissed. For what John spent on ski equipment, he could've taken the oldest girls with him. That would've given Alyssa a bit less to manage in his absence. I'm sure one of her minions is staying with her while he's gone, but the optics are pretty bad. 

• Like 7

While in normal families, yeah you'd be pissed if a spouse was going on vacation, having spent $ on gear, leaving you alone with 4 young kids. But here IDK. I feel like Alyssa may be breathing a sigh of relief that she doesn't have to travel with 4 young kids + be stuck in a house with her family for an entire week. I mean she was PISSED last yr at I Love You Day - they spent as much time as they could in their hotel; at the house/dinner they looked like they couldn't wait to leave; and then in fact they did hit the road at like 8 am the next morning.

She's not Carlin when it comes to her kids. She can manage them - plus she has minions from church likely stopping by [and have we seen all of Addie/Ellie/Callie - I just saw the back of Addie or Ellie's head but haven't seen all 3 - are we sure one of them suddenly didn't "decide" they don't like snow and thus got shipped to Fla?]. I think she'll enjoy having 5 days of getting to feed the girls dinners of cheese + crackers + fruit and not even have to put on the show of cooking something as she does for John's benefit.

I do think they are both jackasses though for spending money on new equipment, rather than letting John use used/borrowed/rented equipment and using that saved $ to take Lexi with him. The kid who is begging to try soccer and softball prob would love to try skiing with dad even if it's just an hr or two a day and then dad drops her back off to Addie/Ellie and heads off with the bros. And I guess if you take Lexi you take Allie too bc they're so close in age and it wouldn't be fair to give one a special trip and not the other.

For as much as I bag on Alyssa though and as much as she seems snobby, I will say she does have a relationship with all of her sisters except Josie. I mean Alyssa is def Team Carlin/Katie, yet she'd still take her kids to spend a day with Erin when she visited Tenn - so it seems like she didn't get involved in that feud; she's said that she and Michaela also talk independent of anyone else. Josie IDK what's up there. They used to be close - I believe even shared a room as teens bc they both hated the noise and disorder for the rest of the house, and at one of the weddings - maybe Carlin - they shared that they got dressed/makeup done super early so they could sneak off and hang out and talk for an hr by themselves as Alyssa was only in town for a short time and this is also when Alyssa was having heart issues. Seems to be a huge step from that to Alyssa actually being in Tenn when one of Josie's kids was born and not even stopping by to visit for 10 min before leaving. The fact that Josie/Kelton get along with no one - makes me think it's Josie/Kelton.

But yeah IDK that she wants to spend a week putting on a show with Josie and/or being ignored by Josie/Lydia as Josie does the mean girl - Lydia is my BESTIE - thing. And while she's close to all her brothers - she sees them all the time anyway in Fla plus they'd be out skiing all day.

• Like 1

Josie gets along with Katie, Michael, Erin, Tori  and Lydia.  Alyssa was the matron of honor in Josie's  wedding so I don't agree that Josie gets along with no one.  She certainly seems to be close to her mom. It's a big family and some of the adult children are closer to some and not others. But I don't see a big deal about this. 

• Like 3

Pretty sure Josie is out as Katie's bestie, given that Katie has invited Carlin to stay for two weeks post birth. And uh Josie clear as day referred to Michela as "the sitter" the other day. She only later gushed over Aunt Michael only after Michael posted pics of taking the kids to the zoo when Josie said the sitter had taken them. Tori - sure - Kelton and Bobby are besties so of course gotta make that work. Lydia is indeed her new bestie. Erin - eh yeah I guess but honestly will that relationship last if Josie never goes to visit - which I doubt she will; I mean she never visited her bestie Alyssa even after she had two heart surgeries and even though she and Kelton do in fact travel including to Fla. No one is saying you have to spend all your time and money visiting but if you never visit while otherwise traveling, people do notice.

• Like 3

Lexi is six years old and I’m sure everyone knows what’s coming. Alyssa got her curling iron out and managed to give the child mild Gothard  banana curls. John arrived with a bouquet of flowers for their “date”. 🤮

When SGirl celebrated her sixth birthday she requested a weekend at Disneyland and a weekend at Knott’s Berry Farm. At Disney she got to meet her favorite super heroes. Our job was to quickly get her in and out of her costumes. Darth Vader left her speechless. Yes, he’s her hero. SGirl thinks DV is just misunderstood. 😂😂😂😂😂😂. She told him that. 

If I suggested a date with her father SGirl would call CPS herself. I really hate the bs about teaching the girls how to be treated. No, it’s grooming 101, conditioning them to become vapid, submissive helpmeets.

We teach SGirl to know her worth. That she can do anything she wants regardless of her genitalia. We try to model how to be kind yet assertive. Childhood is fleeting, there’s plenty of time for adult things, but in the future.

I do have a question. In their screw up cult couples start “dating” after they get married (date nights). What’s the hurry then? 

Lexi would have enjoyed a few hours at a trampoline or wall climbing place. Go karts and mini golf. Maybe the Puss N Boots movie. What a boring night for a six year old. 

Edited by SMama
  • Like 11
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SMama said:

Lexi is six years old and I’m sure everyone knows what’s coming. Alyssa got her curling iron out and managed to give the child mild Gothard  banana curls. John arrived with a bouquet of flowers for their “date”. 🤮

When SGirl celebrated her sixth birthday she requested a weekend at Disneyland and a weekend at Knott’s Berry Farm. At Disney she got to meet her favorite super heroes. Our job was to quickly get her in and out of her costumes. Death Vader left her speechless. Yes, he’s her hero. SGirl thinks DV is just misunderstood. 😂😂😂😂😂😂. She told him that. 

If I suggested a date with her father SGirl would call CPS herself. I really hate the bs about teaching the girls how to be treated. No, it’s grooming 101, conditioning them to become vapid, submissive helpmeets.

We teach SGirl to know her worth. That she can do anything she wants regardless of her genitalia. We try to model how to be kind yet assertive. Childhood is fleeting, there’s plenty of time for adult things, but in the future.

I do have a question. In their screw up cult couples start “dating” after they get married (date nights). What’s the hurry then? 

Lexi would have enjoyed a few hours at a trampoline or wall climbing place. Go karts and mini golf. Maybe the Puss N Boots movie. What a boring night for a six year old. 

It’s absolutely sickening grooming. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

So John didn’t end up going skiing? Bc it’s Thursday and he’s dating his 6 yr old assuming her bday is today. IDK how long the Bates are staying in Colo given they arrived Sunday unless he’s flying tomorrow to ski with them this weekend before everyone leaves for Tenn.

• Useful 1
9 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Those poor Webster girls will be totally forgotten when the Golden Penis arrives. Well, they'll be remembered if dinner isn't on the table when Daddy gets home.

That was painfully obvious when Alyssa said he was going to be spoiled because that is what you do with boys.

Then John confirmed it when they did the video about choosing a name. He boasted about the list of girl names they still have and how easy it was to choose a name for his daughters. Then got serious and said it was difficult with his son because he needed to choose a good, solid name. WTAF. The girls don’t deserve a good, solid name (or whatever BS he uttered)? With girls you just pick a name out of a hat and call it a day? I do feel sorry for the girls. Maci is going to have the rudest awakening among the four sisters.

Edited by SMama
  • Like 1
  • Sad 13
2 hours ago, SMama said:

That was painfully obvious when Alyssa said he was going to be spoiled because that is what you do with boys.

Then John confirmed it when they did the video about choosing a name. He boasted about the list of girl names they still have and how easy it was to choose a name for his daughters. Then got serious and said it was difficult with his son because he needed to choose a good, solid name. WTAF. The girls don’t deserve a good, solid name (or whatever BS he uttered)? With girls you just pick a name out of a hat and call it a day? I do feel sorry for the girls. Maci is going to have the rudest awakening among the four sisters,

Girls just need to look cute and have a functioning uterus. Men need good, solid names! 

Those two make me sick. The girls -- sorry, the Golden Penis's sisters, since that's all they are now -- are in for it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 9

I can hear the struggle now -

• John: How about Daniel Jonathon?
  • Alyssa: Oliver Gilvin?
  • J: James Jonathon?
  • A: Cayden William?
  • J: Jonathon Jr?
  • A: Mason Elliott?

I think they'll end up with something like Liam Jonathon Daniel.

• LOL 4
6 minutes ago, zenme said:

I thought it was said before that she had chosen the name Zayne for a long time, and some were taken aback when Carlin chose Zayde.

It’s Zade, not that it makes much difference.

Maybe the Colorado ski trip is John’s baby moon trip? Lol, now that a boy is coming John needs to rest up so he can be a boy dad. I feel so bad for the Webster girls, they will be at the beck and call of Sir Spoiled Webster baby boy.

• Sad 10

My issue with the daddy daughter dates is that when called on it being creepy, the families always claim that they are showing girls how a man should treat them.  I think girls are learning a whole lot more about how men will treat them by watching how their father treats their mother, their sisters, and any women they come across out in public.  If John is rude and dismissive to Alyssa or random cashiers or servers, his daughters are going to absorb that much more than they will some fakey "date".  And once the holy penis is born, they will be much more influenced by his discarding them than by one obligatory "date".

• Like 15
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
13 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

At least he won't have his own room. He will share with the two younger girls whose names I can never remember. 

Unless she takes a page from Erin but puts the girls in a closet!!

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 2

I don't know why the Websters don't work with that loft space upstairs and make another bedroom up there for their son. They could still have some "play space" leftover up there. It's a large area.  Did they say what they are going to do when the girls need their own space? 

Rhett??????? "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

• LOL 12
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

I don't know why the Websters don't work with that loft space upstairs and make another bedroom up there for their son. They could still have some "play space" leftover up there. It's a large area.  Did they say what they are going to do when the girls need their own space? 

Rhett??????? "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

They must be OK with the cursing. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:

They must be OK with the cursing. 

And the marital rape. 

I don't care for the name, but it's not my kid so who cares. Honestly, I'm so disgusted with Alyssa's misogynistic proclamations about spoiling boys that she could name him Heathen J. Webster and I still wouldn't like it. I speak from experience when I say it's a special kind of hell to be an (unwanted, at least in my case) daughter with a wanted younger brother, and to know you can never compare. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 8
  • Sad 4

Switching gears...

Was Alyssa the first SM shiller of the Bates sisters? She claimed at one point she was some kind of IG blackballed and quit shilling soon after. Does anyone know the timeline of her starting and quitting? I ask because I wonder if Carlin and Josie are nearing the end of their shilling time.

It seems to me Alyssa was, and Carlin and Josie are, to the point of over exposure and repetitive. Whitney seems to be more of a part-time shiller and Erin seems to only promote herself.

Also TikTok seems to always be quoted in articles as having the next best thing. Is Alyssa and the other sisters on TikTok?

• Like 3
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Was Alyssa the first SM shiller of the Bates sisters? She claimed at one point she was some kind of IG blackballed and quit shilling soon after. Does anyone know the timeline of her starting and quitting? 

She was, yes. I'm not sure about the exact timeline, but you're right, Alyssa quit in a huff after claiming she was shadow banned. She went on a rant about how hard she works to put out content (*control your laughter*) and what's the point if no one sees it, blah, blah, blah. The reality is, Alyssa got boring and repetitive, and her engagement dropped. She was also notorious for not properly disclosing sponsorships and I suspect she was reported. 

At the end of the day, Carlin and Josie are simply better at the influencing game. Josie is in the beauty industry which gives her street cred, and as obnoxious as Carlin is, she's warm and friendly with her audience. Both women regularly respond to comments, whereas Alyssa acts like she's doing her fans some huge favor by gracing them with her presence. She's tried to course correct since coming back, but she still doesn't have as many brand deals as her sisters. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
52 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

She was, yes. I'm not sure about the exact timeline, but you're right, Alyssa quit in a huff after claiming she was shadow banned. She went on a rant about how hard she works to put out content (*control your laughter*) and what's the point if no one sees it, blah, blah, blah. The reality is, Alyssa got boring and repetitive, and her engagement dropped. She was also notorious for not properly disclosing sponsorships and I suspect she was reported. 

At the end of the day, Carlin and Josie are simply better at the influencing game. Josie is in the beauty industry which gives her street cred, and as obnoxious as Carlin is, she's warm and friendly with her audience. Both women regularly respond to comments, whereas Alyssa acts like she's doing her fans some huge favor by gracing them with her presence. She's tried to course correct since coming back, but she still doesn't have as many brand deals as her sisters. 

So do you think it was more about Alyssa and less about influencer shelf life?

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

So do you think it was more about Alyssa and less about influencer shelf life?

It was definitely about Alyssa's misconception of the situation. She was never shadowbanned. As @BitterApplesaid, she just got dull and repetitive. I don't know that she shilled that much, but she's not shilling now. I don't think she even uses her IG that much these days. 

• Like 5

I'm not  a fan of the name they chose for this little boy. I think they could have come up with a better name. I am tired of now John, also saying that this boy will be spoiled. How can they say that? Don't they care how their 4 daughters might feel? I guess not. Do you know who I feel very badly for??? The oldest of the 4 and the youngest of the 4 (can't rememeber their names right now.)  It's also annoying that the youngest one has that stupid pacifier in her mouth. It's her parents' fault for pinning it to her shirt. "Loose it" somewhere in the house. Then she will forget about it.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
5 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I'm not  a fan of the name they chose for this little boy. I think they could have come up with a better name. I am tired of now John, also saying that this boy will be spoiled. How can they say that? Don't they care how their 4 daughters might feel? I guess not. Do you know who I feel very badly for??? The oldest of the 4 and the youngest of the 4 (can't rememeber their names right now.)  It's also annoying that the youngest one has that stupid pacifier in her mouth. It's her parents' fault for pinning it to her shirt. "Loose it" somewhere in the house. Then she will forget about it.

I would not worry about the pacifier. Maci is in for a lot of changes. A&J are being obnoxious assholes broadcasting how even in utero Baby Boy is more important than his sisters.  Baby Boy will be spoiled. I bet Alyssa will keep him in the master bedroom longer than his sisters.  Maci will need a coping mechanism and at her age there aren’t many. Alyssa is already conditioning her to worship Baby Boy, by asking her to kiss her bump. If Maci is in elementary school and is still using a pacifier I’d be alarmed. Girl is just two, no biggie.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1