Type keyword(s) to search

Alyssa and John: Lunch with Lurch

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Just because I’m annoyed at them, I hope it’s a girl-it would serve them right. 

But it wouldn't serve daughter #5 right, and how awful for each successive daughter to know they were a disappointment. I speak from experience. 

If this one isn't a boy, they'll keep trying for a golden penis and then for the brother he just has to have. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2
  • Sad 4
5 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

They are all like freaking human Pez dispensers. I keep hoping at least a couple of them will remember their crappy childhoods and want to have a smaller family,  but it doesn’t look like it will happen. Lexi laughed and said “ another one?”.  She’s only 5 but she knows that her already small share of parental attention just got smaller.  It’s really sad.

And this is why they like Lexi the least. I mean they love her blah blah but she is the one of their kids that you know Alyssa and John "worry" about bc she doesn't tow the line. She's the one who wants to play sports. John isn't allowing any daughter of his to be so unfeminine so nope - sorry child - you can instead come watch ME play softball every week but you can't play with little girls your own age. Instead you need to get dolled up to go on birthday dates with daddy to prep for your next headship who should be here in 13-ish yrs - doesn't matter that you don't want to put on tacky plastic jewelry and sit in a restaurant and would rather a dad daughter activity be a trampoline park or watching a baseball game or hitting golf balls. She's the one who says she wants to be a dentist; that's not happening either bc I highly doubt k-12 being plopped in front of a screen readies you to study college level biology, which you need to do to get into dental school. And like Alyssa and John would ever let any daughter delay/back burner marriage until age 26 bc school - lol - no. I feel bad for her.

Haven't watched the video but has Alyssa said when she's due? Is it possible she already knows the sex but isn't saying yet bc they need to get eyes on a tacky YouTube gender reveal? Bc I'm thinking they KNOW it's a girl, are annoyed, and are like ok we're done - we'll just be like John's brother with the half dozen girls. Bc I GUARANTEE if they've seen a holy penis they aren't announcing this as the grand finale bc a child with a holy penis needs a brother. He can't grow up surrounded by all sisters - lest he turn out - well . . . you know.

Edited by cereality
  • Sad 10
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, Heathen said:

If this one isn't a boy, they'll keep trying for a golden penis and then for the brother he just has to have. 

And that turned out so well for Erin and Chad.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, cereality said:

She's the one who wants to play sports. John isn't allowing any daughter of his to be so unfeminine so nope - sorry child - you can instead come watch ME play softball every week but you can't play with little girls your own age.

Instead you need to get dolled up to go on birthday dates with daddy to prep for your next headship who should be here in 13-ish yrs - doesn't matter that you don't want to put on tacky plastic jewelry and sit in a restaurant and would rather a dad daughter activity be a trampoline park or watching a baseball game or hitting golf balls. She's the one who says she wants to be a dentist; that's not happening either bc I highly doubt k-12 being plopped in front of a screen readies you to study college level biology, which you need to do to get into dental school. And like Alyssa and John would ever let any daughter delay/back burner marriage until age 26 bc school - lol - no. I feel bad for her.

The thing with John is that he seems to be against any extracurricular activities. I remember Alyssa practically begging him on a Q&A video to allow Allie to take ballet lessons. Dude sat there looking down, would not make eye contact with her. That’s a feminine, girly girl, sparkle and pink activity. Maybe it’s finances that he’s worried about.

• Like 1
  • Sad 8
21 minutes ago, SMama said:

The thing with John is that he seems to be against any extracurricular activities. I remember Alyssa practically begging him on a Q&A video to allow Allie to take ballet lessons. Dude sat there looking down, would not make eye contact with her. That’s a feminine, girly girl, sparkle and pink activity. Maybe it’s finances that he’s worried about.

Agreed John is against activities. I'm sure some of this is money as he does talk about how money is tight, they aren't good with money etc. I'm sure more of it is - they are just girls, all they need is to be prepped to be wives and moms, Alyssa can do that at home with them + church, how on earth is dance or soccer going to help with wife and mom things. Beyond loving them big picture, I think he is very fundie at heart [if his dad is any example and he says his dad is his role model], so to him children are raised for a purpose. The kid simply being happy or having fun for an hour a week at soccer practice is not enough of a reason for him to "allow" any activity that isn't religion or mothering related - and let's be real will expose them to all kinds of other kids. I mean god heavens the soccer team could have a few Muslim or Jewish or atheist kids??

And while dance is pink and sparkly, let's be real it's his daughter prancing around in little outfits in front of others. As much as these people sexualize children and think about them as someone's wife the moment their born [and in Kelton's case think about their toddlers' virginity], I can see him saying no just for that reason. And something like pop/jazz - then on top of little outfits you have popular music + the moves can be suggestive looking even when they are little girls. So yeah I don't see him agreeing to dance as much as he wouldn't agree to soccer for Lexi.

Carlin/Evan go to his niece's dance recitals and encourage Layla when she copies her cousins - they are the only couple I can see putting a daughter in dance, and they are WAY more mainstream than the Webster family.

Edited by cereality
  • Like 1
  • Sad 7
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, SMama said:

And that turned out so well for Erin and Chad.

I don't think they're done yet, either. Erin will make more visits to the fertility doctor and have another "miracle" baby. 

I think John might worry about finances, too. How many kids were in his family of origin? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
10 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I don't think they're done yet, either. Erin will make more visits to the fertility doctor and have another "miracle" baby. 

I think John might worry about finances, too. How many kids were in his family of origin? 

I think he's one of about six. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

But it wouldn't serve daughter #5 right, and how awful for each successive daughter to know they were a disappointment. I speak from experience. 

You’re absolutely right. I’ll just have to wish that she doesn’t regain her figure this time around, because no child deserves that put on them 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

Alyssa used to work back in the day, so now they just have John's salary and whatever social media brings in.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

Alyssa used to work back in the day, so now they just have John's salary and whatever social media brings in.

They used to have the cleaning business at night before there were too many kids. I always wondered if that venture was worth the effort they put into it.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I think he's one of about six. 

That's six kids too many if the parents couldn't manage them and/or were unwilling to spend the money to care for them. They may have had it, but not been willing to spend it for whatever reason. 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Heathen said:

That's six kids too many if the parents couldn't manage them and/or were unwilling to spend the money to care for them. They may have had it, but not been willing to spend it for whatever reason. 

Well, he learned to play baseball somewhere. Although now he's on a team with relatives/church members, so he is not out there socializing with heathens. I think this may be a concern of John's.

6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

A&J don't appear to be financially struggling at this point, even with losing some of Alyssa's influencer income.  John might be one of those tightwad folks who are always worried about money.

Considering the way other members of Alyssa's clan spend money like it's growing on a tree in their backyard, it is kind of refreshing that someone in this family thinks before spending.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

A&J don't appear to be financially struggling at this point, even with losing some of Alyssa's influencer income.  John might be one of those tightwad folks who are always worried about money.

Maybe he saw how his idiot in-laws (outlaws?) lived before television made them comfortable. Alyssa is old enough to remember life before TV money, too -- when there was a new sibling every year and the kids went without the basics. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Maybe he saw how his idiot in-laws (outlaws?) lived before television made them comfortable. Alyssa is old enough to remember life before TV money, too -- when there was a new sibling every year and the kids went without the basics. 

Alyssa for sure remembers - United Bates of America was only on for one year in 2012, she was married in 2014 and BUB started a few months later in 2015. 

• Useful 2

From what she has posted it appears that John gets up and goes to work every day. He also said that even though this is a family owned company if a big commerical job comes in and no one from Webster Air Conditioning is available the customer just goes to the next company. 

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

From what she has posted it appears that John gets up and goes to work every day. He also said that even though this is a family owned company if a big commerical job comes in and no one from Webster Air Conditioning is available the customer just goes to the next company. 

I doubt a random customer is as impressed with the Websters as they are with themselves. Why WOULDN'T the customer move on to another company if the Websters weren't available? 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I doubt a random customer is as impressed with the Websters as they are with themselves. Why WOULDN'T the customer move on to another company if the Websters weren't available? 

The Webster name has some caché in that part of Florida due to John's dad. It's very possible that people seek them out. 

Alyssa looked awful in her last YouTube.  (Just like she did when pregnant with Maci although I think the I.V. fluids are new this pregnancy.) 

But there did appear to be another adult or older teen in the house when she was videoing, maybe a "mother's helper".  Maybe that person is overseeing schooling, co-op, lunches etc., until John gets home.  Then he does laundry and gets the girls bathed and to bed. 

And now, enter Mia the puppy!  Good luck with that, Alyssa.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
9 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Addie was there and her sycophant-friend Kinley is usually the one filming. For some reason Alyssa neglects to mention them when she brags about John picking up all the household duties (which I highly doubt, IMO). 

It is so weird when a person is clearly visible, and Alyssa doesn't acknowledge them.   It would be really nice if she would tell us who they are and what they are helping her with.  

It's obvious by the video footage of her laying on the couch that she is helpless most of the time.  Maybe Allie is doing most of it.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 9/7/2022 at 9:48 PM, Heathen said:

That was her point exactly. People especially in Florida during the summer are not going to wait around to have their air fixed.  If the first company that they call can't get to them soon they will call someone else.  She did not imply that people were going to wait on Webster Airconditioning just the opposite. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Ok, I guess I am a real bitch, but I just saw Alyssa’s video about needing IV fluids due to her nausea and vomiting and I was far more annoyed than sympathetic.  She knew she would be sick - it has happened with each pregnancy and seems to get progressively worse. She has FOUR healthy daughters- there was absolutely no reason to put herself through this again.  I know, the quest for a son… but really then she should just STFU and deal with it. And I don’t buy for one second that this was a surprise baby.  
Lexi has checked out. Alyssa had ultrasound photos and Allie and Zoey were excited while Lexi proceeded to lie on her stomach on the couch facing away from them. 😂

• Applause 7
  • Love 6

Interesting about Lexi because she was the one who had a weird reaction to the pregnancy news. First she noted how much work another baby would be, then she dissolved into fits of maniacal laughter that seemed more like a coping mechanism than expressions of joy. 

I think Allie is a dutiful sister-mom. She's learned to read the room and knows she only gets positive attention when she mirrors Alyssa. 

• Sad 10

Because clearly I'm a little whacked, I've gone through different ways to accommodate this new baby if he's the male heir.

They have 3 second floor bedrooms and the bonus room. Downstairs they have a guest room and the school room. Would they make a tiny girl's dorm and the son would get they other bedroom? Would A&J move to the downstairs bedroom, give the girls their room and the other upstairs bedrooms could be the son's room and a guest room? Or maybe put a door up in the bonus room for a girl's dorm and make the bedroom into a school room and move the TV/play room into the school room?

I know, I know - the 4 girls would likely get shoved into one room and the boy would have his kingdom. And I know, I know, I think way too much about these folks.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 4
53 minutes ago, SMama said:

Has Alyssa said whether she’s attending Trace’s wedding? 

IDK if she’s said but I can’t imagine her not attending. She and Trace have always been close (and John seems to like Trace too) though I guess Josie has taken over that sister bestie spot for him bc that’s who his fiancé is close with.

It was different w Law - flying to SD + hotel in SD for at least 2 nights for a brother she isn’t close with. Here they’ll drive as the main part of HCAV season is over so John can take time off + 2 nights in suburban Knox hotels are not nearly SD prices. They could crash w family but they tend to avoid that chaos esp when John is with them.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 9/16/2022 at 1:11 AM, 3 is enough said:

Ok, I guess I am a real bitch, but I just saw Alyssa’s video about needing IV fluids due to her nausea and vomiting and I was far more annoyed than sympathetic.  She knew she would be sick - it has happened with each pregnancy and seems to get progressively worse. She has FOUR healthy daughters- there was absolutely no reason to put herself through this again.  I know, the quest for a son… but really then she should just STFU and deal with it. And I don’t buy for one second that this was a surprise baby.  
Lexi has checked out. Alyssa had ultrasound photos and Allie and Zoey were excited while Lexi proceeded to lie on her stomach on the couch facing away from them. 😂

I’ll join you on the bitch bench. The whole time I was was watching that vid, I was thinking it was so boring and just her saying she was sick, ad nauseam (pun intended) everyday. Seriously, like 4 or 5 days of the same. 

• Like 3
  • Love 5

So the puppy is home.  All the girls are crazy about her except Maci who is a bit leery, understandable since she is not even two. 
Alyssa loves the dog and says she is a good distraction from her morning sickness.  Also  she was pleased that she went 2 days without an accident in the house so the housebreaking seems to be going well. 

I think Alyssa is going to have a rude awakening when the baby comes.  Maci appears to be a bit of a needy mama’s girl and she might not be happy to lose her place.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Alyssa posted a pregnancy Q&A. Not done watching but so far she admitted to using “protection” to prevent pregnancy. They were lax on an occasion and #5 happened. She claims this is their last baby, and while reiterating it’s a couple’s choice, she doesn’t have a problem with contraception. 

She said it’s their last baby because each pregnancy has been progressively worsen and she doesn’t want to do it again. 

Edited by SMama
  • Useful 2
44 minutes ago, SMama said:

Alyssa posted a pregnancy Q&A. Not done watching but so far she admitted to using “protection” to prevent pregnancy. They were lax on an occasion and #5 happened. She claims this is their last baby, and while reiterating it’s a couple’s choice, she doesn’t have a problem with contraception. 

She said it’s their last baby because each pregnancy has been progressively worsen and she doesn’t want to do it again. 

Its definitely a boy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Its definitely a boy.

If it is, I have ten bucks that says they'll have another "accident" so the golden penis can have a shot at a brother. 

I feel sorry for the girls if they ever get a brother. It sucks to know you're a disappointment because you were born. Do I sound bitter or anything? 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 2
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, SMama said:

I'll believe it when I see it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Sad she didn’t answer my question. Something like are you doing anything permanent to make sure this is your last baby. (I can’t remember how exactly I phrased it but I wasn’t mean). 
~~~

Also she asked people for questions then made her video saying people asked very personal questions. 🙄

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, Tdoc72 said:

Sad she didn’t answer my question. Something like are you doing anything permanent to make sure this is your last baby. (I can’t remember how exactly I phrased it but I wasn’t mean). 
~~~

Also she asked people for questions then made her video saying people asked very personal questions. 🙄

They want to have their cake and eat it too. Nope!

• Love 6
On 9/30/2022 at 3:04 PM, SMama said:

She was well enough to get her hair done before traveling to Tennessee for Trace's wedding. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Now John has a health thingie. He apparently went into AFib, but they shocked him back into regular rhythm. 

He has had a reaction from shingles, and someone in the comments said shingles could cause AFib. I've never heard that before, but I know next to nothing about shingles.

• Mind Blown 6
1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Now John has a health thingie. He apparently went into AFib, but they shocked him back into regular rhythm. 

He has had a reaction from shingles, and someone in the comments said shingles could cause AFib. I've never heard that before, but I know next to nothing about shingles.

I’ve never heard that about AFib, but shingles can be brutal. I guess that means John was never vaccinated for chicken pox.

• Like 3

To be fair he is 32 and the chicken pox vaccine was only introduced in 1995 when he was 6.  He could very well have had chicken pox before the vaccine was available.  My kids all had chicken pox (at the same time) before they were able to get vaccinated - they are 34,32, and 30 today. 
Shingles is nothing to joke about.  I have had it twice- once at 17 which was an extremely mild case and again in my early 50’s which was a bit worse but luckily my doctor caught it early enough to prescribe an antiviral which stopped the blisters. I did have a pretty bad case of vertigo after the blisters went away.  I got the Shingrix vaccine as soon as I was able because I don’t want it a third time.  
My son had it a couple of years ago- he has UC and is more susceptible.  No heart issues but it was very unpleasant for him.  I keep telling him to look into the vaccine- his condition may allow him to get it early.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

He most likely had the chicken pox before the vaccine came out in 1995. My daughter got chicken pox in 1994 and then the next year the vaccine became available. 

Shingles are horrible. I've had both of the Shingrix vaccines hoping to avoid this dreadful disease.  My sister had shingles twice and my cousin had shingles that settled in one of her eyes. She has had 2 cornea transplants. 

2 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

He most likely had the chicken pox before the vaccine came out in 1995. My daughter got chicken pox in 1994 and then the next year the vaccine became available. 

Shingles is horrible. I've had both of the Shingrix vaccines hoping to avoid this dreadful disease.  My sister had shingles twice and my cousin had shingles that settled in one of her eyes. She has had 2 cornea transplants. 

Sorry 3 is enough typing at the same time. 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Like 1
  • Love 1